Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, later today there shall be update with two new cars, and at least one of them isn't pretty. but who cares about looks when it handles well?:sly: and later next week, there shall be yet another car from a very popular anime that concentrates on driving fast in corners! and naturally the car is good in them as well.. ;)

Nissan 240RS Spec R '83

396 bhp, 370 Nm, 882 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.5 / 6.0
Ride Height: 130 / 140
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.724
2nd: 1.937
3rd: 1.507
4th: 1.238
5th: 1.050
6th: 0.908
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

One of the first cars to be classified as a Group B car, the Nissan 240RS was a really good rear wheel drive rally car but the widespread use of AWD quickly made it obsolete. On tarmac the things can be quite different though and that's the advantage we're exploiting with this souped up Spec R version of it, a power figure just short of 400 bhp can easily be transferred to the road and the low weight enables great cornering speeds. It likes to oversteer a bit for faster corner exits and is overall very much a driver's car. Not for the ones who rely on torque but for screamer fans, have a good time!

Reviews:

by Kurei
by Rotary Junkie

Last edited:
MFT X-Fire RC'04

410 bhp, 541 Nm, 1156 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 105 / 120
Bound: 5 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Transmission

NOTE! First adjust auto, then final, and last the actual gear ratios

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.751
2nd: 1.935
3rd: 1.532
4th: 1.208
5th: 0.945
6th: 0.760
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 25
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 25

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

It might look like the old ClubSport from the Tuner Garages, but don't be fooled. This car is faster, nimbler and actually has divine handling. Agreed, it is not pretty, but being pretty doesn't necessarily mean that it's fast. It looks like squatting dog that's doing it's number 2 to be honest.. but forget the looks and drive it. It might change your opinion about american small sportscars.

Wow, not to tick you off Leo, but that 240RS looks like the better looking car of the two, with those widebody fender flares, etc, i gotta test it

But first, i must find out how to unlock it :ill: (Any help ?, last time i tried looking up a car it turns out you guys just re-named it, and i never found it, the Lotus remember ?)

I never said which one of them was the ugly one, did ? I naturally meant the Crossfire.. :sly: :lol:

240RS will actually appear in the used car lot. it's on the rare side, so you might end up waiting for a while. I believe Greycap can help you with this.

It's more like "on the rare side", it's actually the rarest used car (on a par with a few others though) if you don't count the Black Beauties. Can be found on weeks 72 and 84 of the cycle. 👍

That 240RS looks mean. It makes you come up with logos or catch-phrases that are just in the car. I'll give it a run on Sarthe and maybe Nurb to see what it can do!

Funny how everyone started their own tuning threads after this.

I would advice you not to use it on the Sarthe, it can't really shine there as the power is pretty low and the cornering capabilities can't be put to a test. Nürburgring sounds a lot better! 👍

Good to hear that I'm not the only one who has noticed.

wow, two new stunning cars................i don't have the 240RS, so i only can test the X-Fire RC! review will come tomorrow or so.

viper

I would advice you not to use it on the Sarthe, it can't really shine there as the power is pretty low and the cornering capabilities can't be put to a test. Nürburgring sounds a lot better! 👍

Good to hear that I'm not the only one who has noticed.

Its not about horses or cornering capabilities, pushed to the limit. Sarthe I or II are my favorite tracks. I don't always look for speed on Sarthe II, or cornering on Nurb. I enjoy the challenge of driving such cars.

I tried out your Dodge Viper setup, and let me tell you what...that thing drives like none other! Gone are the days of me throwing out the rear end and piledriving the poor viper into a wall.

The only complaint I have with it is that you guys made a silver one! haha! Dodge Red for sure!

I understand what you mean ImprezaAddict, but my point is that you're not getting the best performance out of the car on a course like that as its real home is in the twisty sections, changing direction time after time and shooting off towards the next corner.

Good to hear that Rated ///M, the car was quite a success considering the starting point and the tyres used! Just checking... M3 CSL in full tune and R tyres without a wing, was that what you wanted?

I've tried out your MFT GP-R/X '99..

When i first took it out on the ring for a test run i'd thought that it would be just like any ff car.. But damn, i was wrong..
It was awesome..
After some minute on the ring i actually forgot that it was an FWD..
Loved the car..

Keep up the good work, my neighbours to the east ^^

But I also have a question.. where can I get that Celica '70?

Our cars aren't just what you would expect them to be. :dopey:

For the Celica, you'll have to look for it in the '80s Used Car Lot. It's available only six times in the 100 week cycle so be sure to grab it when you see it. The weeks are 50-55-58-62-71-80.

I've tried out your MFT GP-R/X '99..

When i first took it out on the ring for a test run i'd thought that it would be just like any ff car.. But damn, i was wrong..
It was awesome..
After some minute on the ring i actually forgot that it was an FWD..
Loved the car..

I'm glad that you liked it, and I'm willing to bet that you'll like the Celica as well. They both have got some praise from testers too. 👍 but, should there be a need for custom tune-up, PM me the details and I'll get on it.

Thanks for the details. I will buy the Celica as soon as possible and try out your settings.

Hold out for the review =D

I understand what you mean ImprezaAddict, but my point is that you're not getting the best performance out of the car on a course like that as its real home is in the twisty sections, changing direction time after time and shooting off towards the next corner.

I know what you mean. :) I will drive the car in Nurb and El Captian, those twisty sectioned tracks. I'll let you know what I think then.

I never said which one of them was the ugly one, did ? I naturally meant the Crossfire.. :sly: :lol:

240RS will actually appear in the used car lot. it's on the rare side, so you might end up waiting for a while. I believe Greycap can help you with this.

Great :indiff:, another one i have to wait for, i want to test it now, not next week

Hopefully its worth it 👍

Hi.

I've got the Celica '70 today and took it out on the nurb as soon as the settings was done.

After half a lap I was in love. The car was amazing.

I drove lap after lap and it didn't show any bad sides at all.
It wasn't especially fast but the handling was the best i've ever experienced..

Amazing work on that car!

just how many laps did you do? after all, one lap at Green Hell equals 1000km on the normal road.. but that's what I call proper testing!:dopey::D

but don't be shy to tell if there's something wrong with the car. all this praise might get up into my head.. :embarrassed:

I drove 9 laps on the nurb.. :P

There was nothing wrong with the Celica.. Not with any car i've tried your settings on :)

You two deserves those good comments..

I'll be in touch :P

Leo, i tried your X-Fire and all i can say is WOW.............such an amazing car! the grip is endless, and the acceleration is also very nice. i did a 7'12 on Nürb, with not a perfect lap, and a 1'54 on GVS also not perfect, but good! i really like the car, well done 👍

viper

well, it' better handle well, after all it has M-B SLK underpinnings for pete's sake! :lol:

Yeah, and we all know that the SLK outcorners everything :sly:

Now imagine one with a stiff, solid-roofed body:idea:

:crazy:

Should be decent. But I hate the way a stock crossfire drives. And that is why I've never bought one.

yeah, it indeed has been beaten by a big ugly stick.. but who cares as long as it's fast?💡

Funny as it seems, we are beginning to have a trend here...

Leonidae builds fast and stable cars that are suitable even for beginners thanks to very docile handling characteristics - and many of which don't suit my driving style at all but still boast astonishing performance because of the immense grip levels. All the lap times in the first post are driven by me so I've also test driven all the cars. 👍

On the other hand, my own tunings are often pretty damn dangerous in the handling department, the Spirra is a good example and an even better one is coming up - and thus don't suit too many drivers so well but virtually fly in my hands. Loose is fast, at least for me. Definitely not for beginners, not even for faint-hearted veterans. :lol:

Greycap & Leonidae, great tuning shop. I teseted some and I just need to set a little bit on the suspension to fit with my driving style.
Just an idea, can you put 2 set up for each car, one with downforce set up/with wing and another w/o wing, because I thing not all people like old car with wing (like me). Just an idea. Anyway good job guys.

Greycap & Leonidae, great tuning shop. I teseted some and I just need to set a little bit on the suspension to fit with my driving style.
Just an idea, can you put 2 set up for each car, one with downforce set up/with wing and another w/o wing, because I thing not all people like old car with wing (like me). Just an idea. Anyway good job guys.
Great, a new customer! Thanks for visiting! :)

I think that's not wise to do, believe me, these cars do need the downforce the wing gives. But if you definitely want not to have one, they mostly do have enough mechanical grip to do reasonably well without it so just delete the wing and the cars should still be drivable. Slower and less responsive for sure, but still drivable. The "should" is underlined as it's not a promise, every car has been built to handle well with the exact parts listed and you're "voiding the warranty" by driving them with different parts fitted. Feel free to do it, but don't come to yell at us if the car doesn't work as expected. ;)

I must try out that Spirra.. Looks good :D but I've never drive it before..

It shall be interesting to see what it can do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back