Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I wouldn't expect it to handle in any other way as a ton and a half of steel without downforce hardly makes for a sharply reacting combination in high speeds. Another thing is that it has quite a slow steering ratio, it's not an Elise by any means. It's also not as race oriented as most of my other setups, that's why I described it as "something between a supercruiser and a trackday car" as it's more like a really powerful road car with race spec tyres fitted.

The toe is exactly right as you got it. The point of it was to trade some turn in responsivity for greater front inner tyre grip during the cornering as the physical facts of the car tend to fight against good front tyre grip properties.

MFT GP-R/X '99

303 bhp, 286 Nm, 1012 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (OZ031)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 2.5
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 5 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Transmission

NOTE! first adjust autoset, then final and last gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.817
2nd: 1.959
3rd: 1.520
4th: 1.247
5th: 1.040
6th: 0.880
Final Gear: 4.250

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 60
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 30

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Before you start ranting about overpowered FWD-layouts bad sides, take this one for a spin. Made for occasional blasts on track, this FTO has been modified to handle like Super 2000-class car, and go head to head against GT300-class monsters. True, grip isn't very good on first gear, bit questionable on second, but as soon as you get on third, you notice something weird: The car accelerates AND turns well at the same time! You can control it pretty well with throttle and corner after corner, this car urges you to go faster to find your limits and the cars limits. It did reach very low 1'58.xxx on GVS, so don't underestimate it just because it's FWD.

TRD Celica Sports R '00

338 bhp, 316 Nm, 1003 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 9.0
Ride Height: 105 / 115
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.498
2nd: 1.757
3rd: 1.385
4th: 1.127
5th: 0.939
6th: 0.807
Final Gear: 4.350

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 20
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 15

Driving Aids

Always wanted a sharp looking late model Celica but been afraid of the understeer or the horrendous wheelspin? This is your car. The stablemate of our GP-R/X, it continues the line of powerful but still very controllable front wheel drivers. The car looks like a spider with its headlamps and the grip is on a par with those creatures. Running on racing rubber it is pretty eager to oversteer on corner entry and on exit the pedal can be planted into the metal without too much worrying, the high revving nature of the engine works as a natural traction control. Front wheel drive cars don't always have to be slow and boring and this car proves it.

wow, hadn't thought, that you'll put up FWD-cars, but they seem to be "unusual" for the layout..........so maybe i'll try them!

viper

wow, those 2 look amazing, that FTO has me especially interested, i'll have to test 'em both, maybe even hold a battle between them 💡

Feel free to! The Celica is a likely winner though thanks to its higher power, lower weight and (my opinion only) more lively handling.

Feel free to! The Celica is a likely winner though thanks to its higher power, lower weight and (my opinion only) more lively handling.

That it was, from Touge to Wangan, and w/e i threw in-between, it consistently stayed in the lead thanks to those atributes you mentioned, It's a great FF from TRD, which is part of Toyota whom i haven't seen much for the Sporty FF market..., but i guess like the Supra, they only need one car that can handle the others and thats it, then they can dominant accordingly 👍

I Just wish there was more from TRD in GT4 :indiff: (Namely Keiichi's AE86)

But don't feel bad Leo, your FTO was a great FF as well!, i remember you saying in your notes for that car that it begs you to push it to the edge thanks to handling and the such, and good god it did more ! 👍 , it was almost like your fantasy dream-girl begging for 'more' throughout the night, i think i ran like 8 laps or so before having to call it off before i became adicted :scared:

They were both great FF's guys, real fun to test, they ran like how FF's should, with styled speed, i would've ran them against my EK9 Race Car (i forgot the sponsors name), but im way out-powered, so it wouldn't be much of test, would it ?.

Wow! I can finally make a meaningful contribution to this thread now my GT4 game has progressed enough.

I thought my favourite MR was the NSX-R, and i still love it and love it dearly, but...my god. Protomotors Spirra...is unbelievable.

I love it, I love its looks and its stance and its superb 4.6 litre V8.

In stock condition, it's a handful, the first mod I added was the wing and tried your downforce settings. Wow! Big difference even there. The MFT tune makes this awesome car into a perfect track/road weapon.

It needs determination, practice and talent to drive quickly because it does what only the best cars do and that's involve the driver. It's got a lot of character and not the bad kind like the whale tail air cooled 911 turbo of the 70s.

Lift off and turn in hard then brake? You're off and going round and round, lose traction while braking in a straight line and then turn? You're off. BUT, if you miss the apex, it's so easily adjustable on the throttle and you can drift it around every track in the game.

Learn to drive smoothly, you discover a car with vicious turn in and bite, loads and loads of grip and great power. It's a car you can watch going around and around in a replay and never get tired of it. The brakes are awesome, the acceleration is awesome, the handling is awesome. On the racetrack it's simply superb, on Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course it's unbelievable. On a technical track like Suzuka it's fantastic, turning in hard and changing direction instantly. You need a rhythm when you drive it - Get it right and the competition is left in bogged down understeer and absolutely no chance.

On the road circuit? Trial Mountain, the Ring, El Capitan? Caution. Bumpy roads require talented application of the throttle or you're off instantly, but again, keep it smooth and the chassis, engine and brakes are so capable.

I found your brake balance perfect too - even in stock tune you have to be so careful with the brakes depending on which wheels are loaded - the best example of this is the uphill into downhill chicane on Trial Mountain, after the 'karusel' bit at the end of the second straight. Brake at any time here unless you are perfectly straight and it's the end of your lap - even in stock tune. With the 5-3 balance the car is much more stable under braking.

I'm giving the MFT Spirra 10/10. Not a monster, a superb road and track king and a complete joy to drive - unlike many other quick cars in the game I will never get sick of it.

Swish out.

I don't think it's possible that an NSX-R can rival the Spirra, even in MFT tune.......(hint hint hehe)

Thanks for the reviews!

I'm glad to hear that the Celica worked that well, usually FF cars in this game feel stiff and unresponsive so I made it pretty slippery to compensate. Sounds like it worked! And yes, if you mean the Gathers Drider Civic... that thing would have been just about slaughtered with its rubberband engine.

And then the Spirra review... that's what I call a review! 👍 It sounds like it's still not a beginner's car and those settings are revised ones, the originals were even more deadly... but it sounds to do its job more than well and I surely appreciate you making a thorough investigation of its capabilities!

I don't think it's possible that an NSX-R can rival the Spirra, even in MFT tune.......(hint hint hehe)
No, it's not... but as a matter of fact, I built one yesterday. It's definitely not a request car for you but more like my vision of a great NSX. Not a power monster like the Spirra, not even running on race rubber, but still showed our 450R and Mustang who's the boss. Coming out in the future.

As an Aussie I was REALLY interested in trying out your FPV GT-R.

I have many comments to make. Firstly, thankyou for keeping it N/A - we have a proud V8 history of our own even if you usually think of the USA for the big blocks.

Secondly, when I first tested it I raced it on Trial Mountain - because it reminds me a little of Mt Bathurst - one our most fabled tracks. It's a genuine V8 Supercar! No doubt you've heard of our V8 Supercar series at one stage or another, maybe you haven't, but it's between two manufacturers only - Holden and Ford, and two makes only, Falcon (base for the FPV) and Commodore (base for the HSV Clubsport - badged as a Vauxhall something in the UK, and Monaro - badged as the GTO in US).

The FPV has all the handling characteristics of a V8 supercar. I found it very, very neutral, the turn in felt exactly like a big car making the most of modern suspension and racing slicks. Since I've been around a tight track (Winton Raceway - google it if you like!) in a V8 supercar before I can attest to these traits. The cars are very flat through the turns thanks to their setups and the full slick tyres are amazing!

This car reminded me a lot of an FPV R-Spec GT which has the same Boss 290 Quad cam V8 but revised shock absorber construction (this actually creates a much more focused driving experience and the car is much more nimble than in stock form) - just that your MFT GT-R had twice the power and racing slicks. Very nice job indeed.

One tip - don't call it a GT-R, this is a sensitive historical issue since the R32 Skyline actually competed in our V8 championship back in the early 90s/late 80s (it was just a production car championship back then) and demolished all - all the time, which is why it was banned. High performance Falcon GTs should never be monikered with the R badge (even R-spec GT was frowned upon). Supercar Falcon GTs should always be - GTHO. Suggest a rename :).

Keep up the good work guys.

One tip - don't call it a GT-R, this is a sensitive historical issue since the R32 Skyline actually competed in our V8 championship back in the early 90s/late 80s (it was just a production car championship back then) and demolished all - all the time, which is why it was banned. High performance Falcon GTs should never be monikered with the R badge (even R-spec GT was frowned upon). Supercar Falcon GTs should always be - GTHO. Suggest a rename :).

Keep up the good work guys.

We know quite well what GT-R's are able to do when correctly tuned. ;) I think that Greycap wanted to honour FPV in his own way, by naming it after Godzilla of the car world, and we both have our secret weapons from Nissan, that might.. or might not.. be revealed later.

We really do appreciate your detailed reviews.👍 :) Keep up with the quality testing!

Due to excellent argumentation, it's FPV GTHO now. 👍

And yes, I'm well aware about the performance of the R32 in the series. A part of the GT-R naming of the FPV was to indicate its performance, the fact that it would be just as superior as the Skyline was at its time. ;)

I'm confident this FPV would munch the R32 of the production car series! I'm sure Leonidae will have something to say about this though ;)

Undoubtedly it would... but you don't know what our souped up R32's can do. :P And it's not only about Leonidae being an R32 nut, I'm in the same boat. The FPV lapped GVS in 1'47 and fractions, I've ran a fully tricked out R32 into 1'39 and fractions...

Mazda RX-7 Infini R '90

450 bhp, 485 Nm, 1056 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.5 / 6.5
Ride Height: 130 / 140
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.719
2nd: 1.912
3rd: 1.478
4th: 1.211
5th: 1.023
6th: 0.879
Final Gear: 3.750

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids

This car is a machine to be taken seriously. Treat it well and it will treat you even better, but give it a half hearted attempt of driving fast and you'll drive fast out of the track. For the tyres it's running on it's really fast thanks to the powerful rotary engine, powerful enough to cause wheelspin and power oversteer in the third gear. It's a balanced combination of a race bred engine, sports tyres and a handling that may be frustrating at the first glance but that will grow on you as you begin to find the style needed to drive it fast. Delicate throttle control needed - buttonmashers don't bother.

Good morning Mad Finns!

During the last several days I was driving your Lotus. It's a brilliant and very agile small car, which indeed can compete with quite powerful cars, especially on a twisty track. I must confess in the beginning it felt very uncontrollable until I realize that my meager driving skills were developed by driving FF and 4WD cars and I needed to change and adapt. And it was at this point that the Lotus showed its true merits (for me at least). Consistency - that was the magic word. The car's behavior is very consistent, no sudden changes, no drama. This let me concentrate on adapting my driving style and lol and behold - the car was actively teaching ME how to drive it. I would strongly recommend it as a starter rear drive car for novices like me. If you jump directly to say, the Korean Spirro you are in deep trouble and you might think that the rear wheel drive cars are nearly impossible to control.

Two more things:

1. Of all the cars I have driven in GT the Lotus gives the strongest feedback on my G25. I mean strongest in terms of force. It needs more force in order to turn the car than say your Corvette Z06. Is this due to the tuning or because the car is short and small (I have noticed this for bicycles - the shorter ones need greater force on the wheel to turn)?

2. I still have problems with stability on straight lines. The smallest improper touch of the wheel and your tail starts to wobble. I was especially annoyed
with one of the chicanes on the Tokyo 246 - whatever i tried I could not ride trough it in high speed. Only once I managed to control the slide and in fact I sort of drifted trough it. Is it suppose to be like this or I am missing something?
Actually, is there a sort of a guide on handling of rear wheel drive cars? I am afraid that such info might be considered too basic and well-known to be presented on this board. But for poor souls like me who never owned a car such guide would be very welcome.

Now, I do not claim that my testing of the Lotus has much merit, so I am not going to ask you to tune a car. However, if some day you decide to make something British I would be very happy with Aston Martin DB9 or Jaguar XJ220.

Thank you Greycap, for this wonderful Lotus!

Evtim

Good morning Mad Finns!

During the last several days I was driving your Lotus. It's a brilliant and very agile small car, which indeed can compete with quite powerful cars, especially on a twisty track. I must confess in the beginning it felt very uncontrollable until I realize that my meager driving skills were developed by driving FF and 4WD cars and I needed to change and adapt. And it was at this point that the Lotus showed its true merits (for me at least). Consistency - that was the magic word. The car's behavior is very consistent, no sudden changes, no drama. This let me concentrate on adapting my driving style and lol and behold - the car was actively teaching ME how to drive it. I would strongly recommend it as a starter rear drive car for novices like me. If you jump directly to say, the Korean Spirro you are in deep trouble and you might think that the rear wheel drive cars are nearly impossible to control.
Thanks for the kind words! The car is indeed a bit tricky to drive if you're used to the handling of FF and 4WD cars but you seem to have learned to drive it as it should be driven. 👍

And about the Spirra... now that thing is something of a cross between a car and a psychopathic axe murderer... handle it just a bit in a wrong way and it'll chop your head off. Definitely not a car for beginners.

Two more things:

1. Of all the cars I have driven in GT the Lotus gives the strongest feedback on my G25. I mean strongest in terms of force. It needs more force in order to turn the car than say your Corvette Z06. Is this due to the tuning or because the car is short and small (I have noticed this for bicycles - the shorter ones need greater force on the wheel to turn)?
I have a feeling that I know the reason to this. GT4 models power steering, and the Elise does not have it whereas most other cars do.

2. I still have problems with stability on straight lines. The smallest improper touch of the wheel and your tail starts to wobble. I was especially annoyed
with one of the chicanes on the Tokyo 246 - whatever i tried I could not ride trough it in high speed. Only once I managed to control the slide and in fact I sort of drifted trough it. Is it suppose to be like this or I am missing something?
It's supposed to be just like that. The solution: do not make improper things with the wheel. :P Seriously, the car likes to go a bit sideways, it's best driven into fast corners by just lifting the throttle and it will settle into a slide scrubbing of the excess speed and enabling you to floor the throttle through most of the corner, flying onto the next straight. I wanted to make it as responsive as I could and the price I had to pay was the straight line stability but I think it was well worth it.

Actually, is there a sort of a guide on handling of rear wheel drive cars? I am afraid that such info might be considered too basic and well-known to be presented on this board. But for poor souls like me who never owned a car such guide would be very welcome.
The info is indeed pretty basic but repeating it does no harm. Countersteering is the main thing to do, you won't get away without it when the tail begins to step out. Practise with a few cars and you'll get it. It took me two months to be able to drive RWD cars well after I got the wheel so it's not easy. Nobody can tell you exactly how to drive them, you'll have to find it out yourself.

Now, I do not claim that my testing of the Lotus has much merit, so I am not going to ask you to tune a car. However, if some day you decide to make something British I would be very happy with Aston Martin DB9 or Jaguar XJ220.
PM sent for this.

Thank you Greycap, for this wonderful Lotus!

Evtim
You're very welcome, and I have one ace in my sleeve... this red Lotus has a yellow big brother. :dopey:

:D Espirit V8 is so sweet! Very handsome too - is there anyone on earth who likes the look of the Europa? Hehehe.

Tip: With the Spirra, practice on Tsukuba especially, in race spec, certain 2nd gear corners can be taken in 3rd if you don't like modulating the throttle...

actually, I do prefer Lotus Europa to the Esprit.. like I prefer TK ZZ-S to LMS Elise and Alpine to RUFs..:sly: :dopey: ugly cars are faster!

oh, and before I forget.. later today I shall reveal MY rotary rocket as well.. expect high revs and low laptimes, since it's almost as fast as C740R.. :scared:

:D Espirit V8 is so sweet! Very handsome too - is there anyone on earth who likes the look of the Europa? Hehehe.
Are you sure "big brother" actually means bigger? After all, big brothers usually are older... ;) oh well, let's call it an uncle then.

FD-R'01

638 bhp, 670 Nm, 1071 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 4.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 3.0 / 1.7
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 1

Transmission

NOTE! first do autoset, then final and last gear ratios

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.741
2nd: 1.906
3rd: 1.420
4th: 1.110
5th: 0.908
6th: 0.745
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 13

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

Ever since RX-7's third generation, the FC, came out, people have been comparing it against the lower end Porsches like 944 etc. After introducing 4th generation (dubbed as FD), Mazda's only way to compete with Porsches was price and handling. But now, this issue has been fixed. Meet the FD-R, that has been designed and built as joint effort of MazdaSpeed, RE Amemiya and MFT. Before tuning it, the car was stripped to bare shell and all seams and welds were reinforced (even though it was a very low-mileage showroom car, showing only 6.2 miles on the odometer), making the chassis as rigid and competitive as it was from the factory. After that the engine went through complete rebuild and as a result, tiny 1.3l wankel-engine kicks out respectable 638bhp, thanks to the engine wizards of MFT. Aerodynamics and interior are of MazdaSpeeds finest, combining the rare Spec C aero parts and Spirit R interior, whereas suspension was finetuned by RE Amemiya. The result of this is a streetgoing racecar that gives hard time to cars that have about hundred horsepower more, and tons of more torque. God really lives in details, and with this car, He is with you especially at corners! Buckle up and go chase some Porsches with the tiny engine that can..!

I just loved the "Blackbird"..

It was wonderful to drive and I tested to drive it on Nurburgring..
Loved the car, the settings, everything..

Now I have a little request.. Can u try to find good settings for the Subaru Impreza Rally Car -99..

I'd like the car to have a extraordinary acceleration and a quite good handling.. Top speed is less important..

Thank you.

I just loved the "Blackbird"..

It was wonderful to drive and I tested to drive it on Nurburgring..
Loved the car, the settings, everything..

Now I have a little request.. Can u try to find good settings for the Subaru Impreza Rally Car -99..

I'd like the car to have a extraordinary acceleration and a quite good handling.. Top speed is less important..

Thank you.

You dared to drive it on the Nurb? You're one of the very few brave persons who have survived of that heroic challenge! 👍

I will do my best with the Subaru during this weekend. just let me know how fast you want ti to be so I know how to deal with the gearbox.💡

Haha It wasn't that scary to drive on the nurb... :P but i slammed the wall one time.

Thanks for helping me.. between 250 km/h (156 mph) to 330 km/h (206 mph) is great for topspeed.. as I said.. acceleration and handling are more important.. especially acceleration

thank you very much...

Just for help... You can win the '99 Subaru Impreza Rally Car att Cathedral Rocks Trail 1 Normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back