Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Because I've done that, oh, at least 10 times competitively.

Just doesn't light my fire. Because the FC suspension is too expensive to budget in properly, and I don't like tuning without it.

So, let's say you want to do some budget tuning... A few great places to cut down on cost...

Racing Brakes- Sadly, racing brakes do nothing. :( Check it for yourself in the data analyzer. The improvement of racing brakes is so limited I can not say they are worthy of your Cr. in GT4.

Drivetrain parts- Full custom LSD and Transmission are all you need. To air on the side of caution I always equip the basic sports level parts for the flywheel and clutch. Generally speaking though, you only need to worry about replacing the LSD and Transmission.

Suspension- Although the Full Custom Racing Suspension is perfect for every car, the semi-racing suspension is often an excellent option. Many of the cars in GT4 are very well balanced and need little to no suspension tuning. With this in mind, I suggest you only purchase a FC Racing Suspension if the car in question absolutely needs it. Otherwise, use the other levels of sport and semi-racing suspension. Both are capable of adjusting various settings and many cars have different settings options.

Hopefully those tips will help keep cost down.
Other more obvious options exist as well... Tires for example can range from "free" to 48,000 Cr. I suggest avoiding R5 tires unless the car absolutely must have the grip (such as something like the Amuse Carbon R). Similarly, the stage 4 turbo is extremely expensive and on many cars only creates unnecessary levels of HP. Most of the time, stage 2 or at worst stage 3 turbos are needed. Using stage 2 and 3 turbos can reduce the cost of a car by nearly 80,000 Cr. under the right conditions.

Again, hopefully that helps but I can understand if the advice is not necessary... We all know what we want to do with this game and I just hope that this post helps. :cheers:

So, let's say you want to do some budget tuning... A few great places to cut down on cost...

Racing Brakes- Sadly, racing brakes do nothing. :( Check it for yourself in the data analyzer. The improvement of racing brakes is so limited I can not say they are worthy of your Cr. in GT4.

Drivetrain parts- Full custom LSD and Transmission are all you need. To air on the side of caution I always equip the basic sports level parts for the flywheel and clutch. Generally speaking though, you only need to worry about replacing the LSD and Transmission.

Suspension- Although the Full Custom Racing Suspension is perfect for every car, the semi-racing suspension is often an excellent option. Many of the cars in GT4 are very well balanced and need little to no suspension tuning. With this in mind, I suggest you only purchase a FC Racing Suspension if the car in question absolutely needs it. Otherwise, use the other levels of sport and semi-racing suspension. Both are capable of adjusting various settings and many cars have different settings options.

Other more obvious options exist as well... Tires for example can range from "free" to 48,000 Cr. I suggest avoiding R5 tires unless the car absolutely must have the grip (such as something like the Amuse Carbon R). Similarly, the stage 4 turbo is extremely expensive and on many cars only creates unnecessary levels of HP. Most of the time, stage 2 or at worst stage 3 turbos are needed. Using stage 2 and 3 turbos can reduce the cost of a car by nearly 80,000 Cr. under the right conditions.

Again, hopefully that helps but I can understand if the advice is not necessary... We all know what we want to do with this game and I just hope that this post helps. :cheers:

Kent you still haven't added my Tuner Garage.
:ouch:

Okay, so you're pissed that he hasn't added you, and you're pissed that he gave a quite good walkthrough on how to build a cheap car? Or am I missing something here? :dunce:

Okay, so you're pissed that he hasn't added you, and you're pissed that he gave a quite good walkthrough on how to build a cheap car? Or am I missing something here? :dunce:

I'm not upset, I'm just wondering.

Thank you Kent, for adding my garage.
I'm sorry if I offended you for quoting your suggestion, and saying something off-topic. I just wanted answers thats all. Will be more patient from now.

im gonna copy this to my computer and begin work on a budget tuner thanks for a few tips on the budgeting im sure itll help out a BUNCH of people i had to use a lot of the same ideas on project 714 kent thanks for actually posting this 👍

Stage II VW Lupo GTi '01

This is my first lower end tuner after deciding to move away from expensive stage 3/4 projects and bring a bit more diversity into my setups. The car's modifications come in just below the 100,000 credits mark.

img0002ns0.jpg

Specification

Engine Type: L4: DOHC
Displacement: 1598cc
Power 191PS @ 6500rpm
Torque 240.69NM @ 3000rpm
Mass 916 Kg

Modifications: Racing Exhaust & Air Filter, Brake Controller, Stage 2 NA Tuning, Port Polish, Engine Balancing, Racing Chip, Transmission Fully Customisable, Triple Clutch, Semi-Racing Flywheel, 1.5 Way LSD, Semi-Racing Suspension, Stage 2 Weight Reduction.

Total Cost: 91,500 Credits

Settings

Suspension & Brakes (Front/Rear)

Brake Balance: 4 / 4

Spring Rate: 3.5 / 4.0
Ride Height: 120 / 120
Damper: 5 / 6
Camber Angle: 2.5 / 1.5

Driving Aids

ASM Understeer: 0
ASM Oversteer: 0
TCS Controller: 0

Transmission (Auto Set): 10
Tyres: Sports Soft (S3)
Alloys: OZ 001

Performance & Notes

Top Speed: 147.97 mph
0-1000m: 28.672 @ 123.8 mph
0-400m: 16.350 @ 95.7 mph

Although this car is by no means ultra quick it can stand up against Japanese production spec high performance cars such as Nissan Skylines on tighter tracks such as Trial Mountain.

I aimed for this car to be a premium road legal track car without the use of higher cost parts such as bigger turbo kits and some racing modifications. The car works well without any driver aids as the 1.5 way LSD controls the wheelspin on S3 tyres adequately once you get out of 1st gear.

Comments etc. are welcome as always. :)

Reviewing: Stage 2 VW Lupo GTI

This car was VERY enjoyable to drive for me. I just raced on Trial Mountain in the Family car cup on level 2. I finished 3rd behind 89 Skyline GTS-T, and Toyota MR2 G-Limited. I finished with a total 3'57.630 just edging out the Acura CL 3.2 (dag on lack of HP) But I beat a Iroc-z and a SHO. I was wrong for smashing on the pedal on some turns, but this car handled like a dream.

8.0 for this setup. Very good job, nice to see someone getting into Budget scene. Makes things much more realistic.

Sorry, wrong link. Here's the good one:

Click on the image

(This is a quite low budget one I guess, The car is a prize for silvering all your IA drivers liscence. so you wouldn't spend more then 105.000 Cr. on it.)

Don't be afraid to come see here either.

Reviewing: Stage 2 VW Lupo GTI

This car was VERY enjoyable to drive for me. I just raced on Trial Mountain in the Family car cup on level 2. I finished 3rd behind 89 Skyline GTS-T, and Toyota MR2 G-Limited. I finished with a total 3'57.630 just edging out the Acura CL 3.2 (dag on lack of HP) But I beat a Iroc-z and a SHO. I was wrong for smashing on the pedal on some turns, but this car handled like a dream.

8.0 for this setup. Very good job, nice to see someone getting into Budget scene. Makes things much more realistic.

Thanks for the review, I didn't really need to spend much time on setup (about an hour including test runs), which at first made me worry if it was setup right. I did alot of testing on Trial Mountain and Deep Forest though and I was happy with it and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Back