Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you make me an R34 Skyline V-Spec II Nur between 450 - 500 bhp with a bit of oversteer? R1's or R2's are preferable and i dont mind if you use a wing. AIDS off of course.

thanks 👍

ABT Le Mans Quattro '03

673 bhp, 787 Nm, 1269 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 100 / 110
Bound: 3 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 1 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 15

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.364
2nd: 2.240
3rd: 1.677
4th: 1.330
5th: 1.109
6th: 0.932
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 5 / 30
Acceleration: 5 / 10
Deceleration: 5 / 5

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The car that is known today as Audi R8 was first seen in 2003, in the shape of the Le Mans Quattro concept car. While it was an impressive vehicle as it was, few people know that the tuning company ABT got their hands on it. The hugely powerful engine was the only part they didn't touch - pretty much everything else was overhauled. Out came the sound insulation, the dashboard panels, even the passenger seat. In went a racing gearbox together with a racing clutch and flywheel. And as if that wasn't enough, they changed the entire suspension to a fully adjustable one and shod the special alloy wheels with grippier tyres. Nowadays the car is packed into a big crate at the ABT workshop and taken out for a spin every now and then to memorize the time when a supercar Audi was just a dream. It's still road legal, but I bet the ones allowed to drive it have a hard time limiting themselves to legal speeds.

Reviews:

by EA11R
by Kurei
by stidriver
by viperpilot

Last edited:
My oh my.. You drive my creations faster than I can! :dopey: Though, I knew that this car can rival Spirra due their similar nature - both are torque monsters and have similar weight. But whereas Spirra is raging lunatic with a chainsaw, this one has a sniper rifle. Well done review deserves 👍 from me! ...you have right for one request from me now. Use it wisely. ;)

...Thank you for this review! You know the rules. ;)

The tuner garages are about the only things that keep me playing GT4 so I don't have any requests other than keep on going :P

Grey, where I say that the brakes are soft I mean that either they feel weak or lack initial bite (or in some cases a combination of both). In this case it was that the brakes felt weak but the setup meant that braking was consistent so after some laps it wasn't really an issue.

Pyrelli

r34ben - We're underway with this. 👍

Pyrelli - Now I got it. My style necessitates hard braking at the last possible moment and this in turn necessitates brakes that allow it to be done. I'll gladly trade some bite to predictable behaviour at the limit. :)

Gekko Jr:

First, I went to Costa di Amalfi for a look at Gekko's ability to turn at low speeds.

Braking was good, acceleration was good enough for the lowish power output (Obviously it's not INSANE fast), and the car has a very... Unique, shall we say, sound to it. (Sounds like a tractor if you ask me. Bog standard six, or so it sounds)

Corner entry is no problem, but right towards the end of the first hairpin you notice a rather alarming characteristic of the car. Oversteer, but not the "Hanging on to it for dear life all the way through every corner" oversteer. First the tail starts to step out, not extremely, but a little bit, then it gets worse as the rear tires slip and allow themselves to start to spin, and THEN, right before exit, the slide gets bad. My first lap was my only clean lap, and I posted a 1:56.952 with much room to improve.

So, it seems that the car has a bit of evil in it, and it's ready to kill you, but not just yet. Just trying to spook you a bit right now. Costa seems a bit small, and a bit too tight for the car.

And so I took it to the other extreme. I took it to the High Speed Ring to see how it would perform with some space to open up.

For my first laps, I found the car cuts hard at the slightest movement of the wheel, and under hard throttle builds understeer. Or so it seemed. Then I made a bit of a change to my line.. And the car seemed to fall in love. My times dropped by well over a second, to a 1:08.070 as my best. Sure, the car's extremely touchy, and tapping a high curb here means death, but it's SOO good when you get it right. In the corners, let the car start to slide, then feed it a little more angle, slowly, smoothly, and the car will clear it with amazing accuracy.

And now, just to give Gekko a good test of its overall capability, I present to you... THE NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE!

Well, I only did one lap, and while it could have been improved upon, (I spun) it was still brutally quick: 7:17.829.

Instead of being cramped up or influenced by high banking, Gekko was allowed to do what it LIKES to do: Get around the track as fast as possible, cornering faster than mere mortals ever should. The sneaky tailhappiness only found me once, and was quickly corrected by lifting off and feeding a bit of countersteer. The only real "off" was when I bumped the curbing with one side of the car, upset its balance, and spun at 150+

So, all in all, Gekko isn't made to out maneuver Kei cars on narrow, winding roads, and it's not made to blaze around high bankings either. It's made for most any track with any room for it to run free.

Great job in all, I'ma say a 8.75695246821/10. :P

Mine's GT-R Concept

609 bhp, 810 Nm, 1294 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 1
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 7.0
Ride Height: 116 / 116
Bound: 3 / 5
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

New, recently introduced GT-R is an astonishing piece of machinery. It's capable of beating cars with twice it's price tag, with less power and torque, while having larger chassis. Since GT-R is very popular among tuner crowd, Nissan decided to let some major Japanese powerhouses have their way with the reborn Godzilla, and this particular car represents Mine's vision of GT-R's potential as a tuner car. 609bhp, 810nm, way less weight than previous Mine's GT-R had and 7 speed gearbox will make even a dead man scream in the claws of Mine's Godzilla.

Leo, I can't wait to get my hands on my PS again to take a spin in the GT-R concept.. it's like I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms since it's probably going to be at least a few weeks before I can though :nervous:

I've got pretty high expectations for this one and nice touch with the picture as well 👍

Pyrelli

Leo, I can't wait to get my hands on my PS again to take a spin in the GT-R concept.. it's like I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms since it's probably going to be at least a few weeks before I can though :nervous:

I've got pretty high expectations for this one and nice touch with the picture as well 👍

Pyrelli

Let's give the credit where it belongs.. Greycap is the photomaniac & perfectionist behind these incredible details!( paintjob, rims, decals ) 👍 And it's also true that Mine's is already working on new GT-R.:sly:

Let's give the credit where it belongs.. Greycap is the photomaniac & perfectionist behind these incredible details!( paintjob, rims, decals ) 👍 And it's also true that Mine's is already working on new GT-R.:sly:

Ah I see! Yea I should have known it would be Grey.. I still remember getting caught out with the "Amuse NSX" which was immaculately done.

Nice job again with the pics Grey 👍

Pyrelli

it wasn't unnoticed, I just wanted to avoid doublepost. ;) well done, and nice to see that the review was done on multiple tracks.

Now I'm going to take the Seven out and see if I can beat a lizard.

EDIT: Seems the cars are quite even, with my Seven being a little more likely to bite your head off.

High speed ring was separated by .005 of a second! In Gekko's favor.

Gotta redo both cars at the Ring. Headed to Amalfi.

Pyrelli - Thanks! Yep, the pictures you see here (of course including the opening picture, the car banners and "NEW!" flashes) are indeed all made by me, the ones of Leonidae's cars are naturally shot by him but they've passed through my hands on their way to the web. Some of them got more editing, most of them only got a bit of brightness & contrast and new borders. I don't know about the perfectionism Leonidae mentioned but if a thing is done, it can as well be done right from the beginning! :P

And yes, classics on the horizon. All I reveal now is that one of them will be red and they'll focus more on the fun of driving than outright speed.

i hope i can get the GT-R Concept car, but for that i have to silver all IA's............we'll see if i can get it!

i'm curious about the classic cars you'll be delivering to us, so don't let us wait too long *gg*

viper

Which track are you using to get the lap time listed on the set-up banner? As I like driving GT-R's and would like to give the GrimR34per try at that track.

Grand Valley Speedway, as it says in the opening post. ;)

It doesn't mean that the cars are tuned specifically for that track, neither does it mean that you must test drive them there. We're happy with whichever track you'll choose as long as it isn't Tsukuba... scaled up go-kart tracks don't cut it. :P

Grand Valley Speedway, as it says in the opening post. ;)

It doesn't mean that the cas are tuned specifically for that track, neither does it mean that you must test drive them there. We're happy with whichever track you'll choose as long as it isn't Tsukuba... scaled up go-kart tracks don't cut it. :P

Thanks, I missed it on my quick scan of the first post. Now for some driving to see how it runs.

Work slow me down on getting to the R34per.
Gave the grimR34per a long drive of a 125 miles. That way I could learn it's ways. Also I didn't try to changing any of the setting. I was using a DS2 controller for the run as my DFP wheel is down.
Trans : The gearing for the transmission is very very good. I like them better than my own setting.
Braking : I had no problems with the brakes nice and stable.
Suspension : The car has very good entering the turns. I find that after entry turn-in and starting to add power for the middle of the turn that the rear end is too loose, but is controllable. This can cause wheel spin if you get on the power to hard. On the exit the car has a little too much understeer for me.
stidrivergrimr34pergvtuiz2.jpg

I was able to change my driving some to get around both too make this car go fast. I like the set-up a lot for hot lapping or for qualifying. Because of the loose rear you need to be on your toes all the time to pull fast laps. My best lap was a 1'37.629 with out putting 4 wheels on to any of the concrete patches. Good work to both of you mad finntuners.👍 I had fun driving the R34per!:)
stidrivergrimr34pergv13dx2.jpg

you're welcome! and that is indeed impressive time! I knew that the car had some more in it. ( like most of our rides do :sly: the laptimes just give you a general ballpark of the best laps..)

Anyways, as the tradition goes, you can now as for custom tuning for car you choose. I assume you've read the general instructions on page 1 and post 11, so, go ahead and ask, we'll deliver.

Great job, that's all I can say! 👍

Maybe I should give the car a proper try myself, at the moment there are two cars in our inventory that don't have my efforts as the lap times - Grim R34per and Mister Black. I never found the time to do those ones. :(

you're welcome! and that is indeed impressive time! I knew that the car had some more in it. ( like most of our rides do :sly: the laptimes just give you a general ballpark of the best laps..)
Thanks. With some more time driving the car I sould be able drop some more time.

Okay people, all we need is the reviews from those two last cars we posted here. After that, we'll post the old yet fast classics, but if the interest to test the cars and write about them is this low, we will find something else to do than sharing our settings for a little to no feedback at all. :indiff:

We know that you guys lurk here.. so type a small review, what you liked, disliked and we'll be happy and keep going like this..💡 👍

The only reason your last two haven't been reviewed is because not everyone HAS them.

If the classics are easily obtainable, I will test them.

Not having the Le Mans Quattro is quite a hopeless excuse, winning the TT cup is just about the walk in the park... and even though I can only speak for myself, silvering the IA isn't that hard if one is reasonably good in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back