Gear Ratios Auto Set to: 12

Brakes:
Front/Rear
5/5

Driving Aids
ASM (oversteer):0
ASM (understeer):0
TCS:1

Hmm low and stiff suspension? But what do I know I am only the guy who made them.

Something like that.

Err, it involves the fact that they're not just low, they're SLAMMED. Ground clearance is next to nil. And the spring rates aren't too stiff, either. In fact, they're a little SOFT if anything.

Why is everyone still entering cars with Race tyres, it was specifically said ealier that only sport tyres are allowed correct?
I'm now preparing a Cadillac Cien on S3 tyres, is this allowed?

Don't ask me.

Man, you STILL gotta sell that Holden of yours. Speed kills; Drive a Holden if you wish to live forever.

(That goes for ALL GM products. I love Ford, BTW.)

Yeah, anything goes I believe so long as it's a ROAD CAR on SPORT TIRES. (Don't want anybody to get K.O.ed on a technicality.) BTW what's the plan for the deadly gearshift in the Caddy?

Also I believe you only get ONE entry.

Also I'm wondering if there will be funky awards handed out. You know like, "Most ridiculous" "Most sideways" "Most Boring" and that sort of jazz? (Just for fun you know.)

Tuner Challenge Version 2

Entries open for FF, RWD, and 4WD.

Winners will be announced in each division as well as overall.

Who can enter?
Everyone, just follow this...

All entries are to be posted in this thread.
Mark your submission as "Tuner Challenge Version 2 Entry."
Only Normal, Concept, and Tuner cars allowed (no racecars).
You may only make ONE Submission (per division).
Tune for use on any track (*judges will pick their own test track)
List the exact car.
List the exact parts.
List the exact settings (*without transmission)
List the exact hp & kg.

Entries will be accepted until December 11th (roughly 3 weeks from today).

Who can judge? Anyone.
Judge any one or all of the divisions.
A judge may not enter a car in the division he or she will judge.
The only criteria to being a judge is testing all of the cars and grading them on a scale of 1-100 (100 being best) while keeping track of your best single lap time for each car.

We will know how many cars you need to test on December 11th (as well as if there will be categories of cars or one single group).

Good luck, I hope many of you are interested in both submitting and testing cars by other members.

Cien works, and it's one submission per division (Drive type).

Tuner Challenge Version 2 Entry (CirclesCenter)
2000gt.jpg

Here it is kids, I tortured the hell out of myself trying to make this car. I didn't just want some massively overpowered supercar, and I knew since this was my first Tuner Challenge I would probably get creamed. :nervous:

The idea was for it to feel like a hot weekend racer/daily driver. That means few racing parts, and minimal weight reduction. As far as lap times I'm not expecting anything that great, as I didn't pull out the stops and go nuts on it. This car is about enjoying the drive, the sounds, the feel and especially the look of one of the most beautiful cars ever made. 👍 (Especially the sounds, the nice little turbo noises and the wail of a 2L I-6. Very sexay.)

So enjoy, and let me know what you think (in detail please!) of my first tuning effort. (Any input before the challenge is VERY MUCH appreciated, Thanx!)

1967 Toyota 2000GT

Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 1052kg
Engine: L6 DOHC Turbo
Displacement: 1988cc
Power: 287hp/6600rpm
Torque: 222.7ftlb/5000rpm

Modifications:
Sports Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Port and Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Full Custom Trans (even though I don't like the sound, it is required for this competition)
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Limited Slip Full Custom
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 2 Turbo
Full Custom Suspension
Stage 1 Lightening
Rigidity increase
S2 Tires

Settings:

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5/7.0
Ride Height: 130/130
Shock Bound: 4/4
Shock Rebound: 5/5
Camber: 3.0/2.5
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizers: 5/5

Limited Slip
Initial Torque: 10
Accel: 30
Decel: 10

Transmission
Auto Setting 8 - 10

Driving Aids: All 0 (My opinion is that driving aids mask the true personality of the car)

showpost.php

Toyota MR2
Power: over 300hp
Parts to buy:
RC exhaust
RC intercooler
computer chip
RC brakes
RC suspension
RC Flywheel
Triple clutch
Weight reduct
FC Transmission
oil change

OPTIONAL:
Brake Balance Controller

Settings:

Spring rate:12 /12
Ride height: 92/92
Shock bound: 6/8
Shock rebound: 6/6
Camber angle: 3/0.5
Toe angle: 0/0
Stabilizers: 4/5

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

Downforce: 0/0

Tranny Autoset:10

Brake balance
F 9 R 16

Little description of handling characteristics:
feint ur heart out, power over or braking techniques will work a dream as well. nice easy car to drift. has mild lift off understeer but have fun anyway

Just, whatever you do: Don't make it too much stiffer!

Bring the ride height up, call it a day. (Of course, there may be some extra tweaking needed, but, yeah.)

I get the feeling that your cars don't like rough tracks.

And I haven't driven ANY of them.

Can you guess why?

Wouldn't that be the reason for him to not take ANY of your advice.
How do you know what he needs to do to the car if you haven't driven the car?

My suggestion to Green Flag is to do as you would without the advice of anyone (especially those who would critique your car without driving it).

A couple of important concepts to remember...
This is GT, not real life -> In GT there are many cars that have no problem with a slammed suspension and rough circuits (I know that for a fact based on years of OLR tuning at places like deep forest, trial mtn. and the Ring).

Bottom line:
I didn't see any problems with the cars Green Flag posted (except being on Racing tires if those are intended to be entries). Although the springs seemed soft, you've got to recognize that light weight cars like MR2s and Civics don't need high spring values even when they are dropped to the ground.

Damn, Kent. Way to bite heads off.

Anyways, I was just offering my advice, he can take it or leave it. Had I driven them? No. Did I need to drive them to make an educated guess as to how they may handle? No.

If they're good on rough circuits, they are. It was just an observation.

Wouldn't that be the reason for him to not take ANY of your advice.
How do you know what he needs to do to the car if you haven't driven the car?

My suggestion to Green Flag is to do as you would without the advice of anyone (especially those who would critique your car without driving it).

A couple of important concepts to remember...
This is GT, not real life -> In GT there are many cars that have no problem with a slammed suspension and rough circuits (I know that for a fact based on years of OLR tuning at places like deep forest, trial mtn. and the Ring).

Bottom line:
I didn't see any problems with the cars Green Flag posted (except being on Racing tires if those are intended to be entries). Although the springs seemed soft, you've got to recognize that light weight cars like MR2s and Civics don't need high spring values even when they are dropped to the ground.

I see that someone understands.

after thinking about it for a little while, i might enter my skyline that i made a while ago. no one ever tested it, i just need to see how it handles on sports tires.

Okay, what's your reason for slamming them, Flag?

I'll drive one of them at the 'Ring, El Capitan, and Trial Mountain. You pick.

EDIT: Good luck with the 'Line, Hemi!

Hey, don't make my competition any stiffer man! :scared:

I have a feeling the Silvia is going to :ouch: me. :yuck: Sheer power alone it will beat me up! Maybe if I can convince my testers to use the red 2000GT... (Red is faster. Totally, by like 2 seconds per lap.)

Well, I don't mean to speak for Green_Flag but...
Generally the reason for lowering the ride height of a car is to lower the center of gravity, which allows greater cornering speeds.
Further, the general rule of thumb is to go as low as possible as long as you aren't creating problems with the reduction of ride height.
So basically, if the car can handle the ride height, take the ride height down as low as possible.
I'm sure that lightweight cars with acceptable spring rates and racing tires are more than capable of dealing with the minimum ride height of the street car's FC suspension.

Again though, I'm not speaking for Green_Flag, I'm simply explaining why lower a car as much as possible is usually a good thing. :sly:

Also, CirclesCenter...
Luckily lap time isn't the real grading factor in this sort of challenge... Just like last time, this challenge is about feel more than handling (although if two cars both handle extremely well without any major differences the lap times might come into play). Recording lap times as a judge is more about providing evidence of your testing and examples of how the car performed for this/that driver.

On a personal level, any testing/ judging I do will be mostly about feel since lap times always come down once you've mastered the car/track combo. 👍

Well, I don't mean to speak for Green_Flag but...
Generally the reason for lowering the ride height of a car is to lower the center of gravity, which allows greater cornering speeds.
Further, the general rule of thumb is to go as low as possible as long as you aren't creating problems with the reduction of ride height.
So basically, if the car can handle the ride height, take the ride height down as low as possible.
I'm sure that lightweight cars with acceptable spring rates and racing tires are more than capable of dealing with the minimum ride height of the street car's FC suspension.

Again though, I'm not speaking for Green_Flag, I'm simply explaining why lower a car as much as possible is usually a good thing. :sly:

If we all thought the same way we'd all pick the same car and modify it the same way.

And that would be BORING! So everyone, do whatever. :)

If we all thought the same way we'd all pick the same car and modify it the same way.

And that would be BORING! So everyone, do whatever. :)

That's exactly the point and very much a part of my reasoning for explaining to Green_Flag that he doesn't need to change is tuning style or exact settings simply because another racer (who never tested the car) doesn't like the idea of dropping a car's ride height to the lowest possible setting. 👍

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about each of us working with one-another to encourage better tuning. However, I'm never too excited to see criticisms of products that were neither tested or obviously flawed. :indiff:

Hopefully this sort of issue will not be a problem with the judges of the challenge since I've decided to let anyone judge (as long as they test each car with an equal number of laps on the same track).

Hopefully this sort of issue will not be a problem with the judges of the challenge since I've decided to let anyone judge (as long as they test each car with an equal number of laps on the same track).

Um... yeah, about that. I'm afraid I have to recall my motion to being a judge. I have decided to actually make an entry, so all of my time and Cr. and going towards that. Im sorry, but i think you will have enough volunteers that one person not judging wont make an impact.

SKYLINE GT R COMING SOON!
Update: just finished doing some racing and my little GTR beat a zonda c12s, ford gt, saleen s7, nsx lm road car, and a pagani zonda c12s 7.3.

Tuner Challenge Version 2 entrant

Cadillac CIEN

Parts to buy:
S3 tyres
Brake Controller
RC Suspension
FC Transmission
FC LSD
Weight Reduction stage 3
Rigidity Increase
A wing
Oil Change

Setup:
Brake balance: 3/7
Ride Height: 90/90
Damper (Bounce): 5/5
Camber Angle: 3.5/2.5
Toe Angle: 0/-4
Gear Ratios: Autoset 25 then
1st: 4.105
2nd: 2.574
3rd: 1.914
4th: 1.469
5th: 1.148
6th: 0.939
Final: 3.070
Downforce: 55/65
Driving aids at 0

Power= 798hp Weight= 1232kg

Awesome traction for an almost 800hp car, will demolish all almost. If yo have the spare cash R3 tyres will allow it to beat Le Mans Cars. But for sake of tuner challenge use S3 tyres. I know the gearbox is a bit retarded so think of it as 5spd with 6th gear as overdrive so you have less shift time and mo traction, awesome car.

Back