Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Ayup, I do believe so.

C'mon.... I want to see what decimates my RX-8 in fun.

Because then I have something to drive for the hell of it. :D

Thanks again for the review I can't tell you how much that means to me, I've also added some response to the review if you wanna go check it out. Well I dunno what times you guys are at but it's way past midnight where I am so I'm off to bed, I look forward to seeing a list of cars here soon Kent and jst to remind you I'm judging FF and AWD, do you want us to follow any scoring system at all, maybe a score out of 10?

And I didn't get project F-bomb sorted in time. Bloody Hell. (Full power R34 VII Nur. Still far too wild to control on anything tighter than a 3rd gear corner, and even then sometimes it bit you right in the face.)

Gosh darn it, I've saved 2.5 million credit and nothing's happening yet, now I'm tempted to spend it but have to hold off..........Oooooooohh so tempted, QUICK, someone restrain me. Kent must be in the process of organizing I'm guessing.

A Judge's Criteria: The Guide to Judging a Tuner Challenge

First, you may only judge categories you have not entered as a tuner.

The categories are front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, and four wheel drive.

On how to judge a category...
You must test each car in the category.

Choose a track you know very well as the test ground and include the track used when submitting your assessment.

After achieving atleast 2 clean laps record a grade from 0 (horrible) to 100 (perfect) as well as the lap time of your best clean lap.

On how to judge a car...
This is where a judge is free to evaluate several factors.
Primarily, the feel of a car should dictate the 0-100 grade. Other factors to consider are the car's improvement from stock, the car's track times, the overall appeal to a judge individually, and any unique characteristics worthy of praise.

On how to submit a judgement...

Label the category tested and test track used, then include the following information.
Car Name
Car Grade
Lap Time
Judge's Notes (maybe a short paragraph to justify the grade given)

Post that information in this thread.
Judge submission will not be accepted after 12am of January 1st, 2008 (on Central Standard Time, USA, New Orleans/ Mexico, Mexico City).

On The Entries...
A list of all entries in all categories will be posted shortly (by the end of the day today), please reffer to this list of links so you can test each car in any category (if not all three) you wish to judge.
:cheers:

PS. I will re-open this thread once a list of all entries has been created.

As you know now, I kept the Cien out because you had made two RWD entries and I was waiting to post the correct one (which is why I pm'd you about the matter). All the same you Cien is now being posted since you've corrected the matter at hand. 👍

Good luck to everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone has tuned a car as well as the Stock Amuse S2000 R1 (the touge monster standard! :sly: ). :cheers:

How long do we have to judge? It's finals right now and Psy/Soc/Philosophy/Antro are putting a hurt on me. (I work full time too. Ugh.) Say end of next week? Regardless I'm all over the FF.

A Judge's Criteria: The Guide to Judging a Tuner Challenge

Post that information in this thread.
Judge submission will not be accepted after 12am of January 1st, 2008 (on Central Standard Time, USA, New Orleans/ Mexico, Mexico City).

There's your deadline:tup:

Believe it or not I'm almost finished judging the FF category, somebody's been a busy beaver lol. I'll just have to congratulate everyone in this category so far, every car is running well and better than the default settings and the lap times are scary close. Watch this space. Quick question for Kent, my version of your car only reaches 207hp not 222hp, stage 1 NA tune will bring 223hp, what should I do? I've done oil change or was yours a 10km special?

Believe it or not I'm almost finished judging the FF category, somebody's been a busy beaver lol. I'll just have to congratulate everyone in this category so far, every car is running well and better than the default settings and the lap times are scary close. Watch this space. Quick question for Kent, my version of your car only reaches 207hp not 222hp, stage 1 NA tune will bring 223hp, what should I do? I've done oil change or was yours a 10km special?

Mine was not a special 10km... Make sure you've got everything done properly. 👍
I've built more than one with that exact power level and so I am sure you need to look into the issue further.
The EP '01 should come out to 215hp with only an oil change. 207 sounds like you haven't changed the oil.
Check over everything again and make sure you have the exact setup for the car. 👍 :cheers:

Mine was not a special 10km... Make sure you've got everything done properly. 👍
I've built more than one with that exact power level and so I am sure you need to look into the issue further.
The EP '01 should come out to 215hp with only an oil change. 207 sounds like you haven't changed the oil.
Check over everything again and make sure you have the exact setup for the car. 👍 :cheers:

Believe me I did, but I have to sell the one I just got anyway and wait for another one. In my eagerness to get started I bought the refresher plan for this one and I haven't got time to run it to the ground, woops:ouch: I'll see what I can do, if I continuously get the same problem should I do the stage 1 NA tune?

Believe me I did, but I have to sell the one I just got anyway and wait for another one. In my eagerness to get started I bought the refresher plan for this one and I haven't got time to run it to the ground, woops:ouch: I'll see what I can do, if I continuously get the same problem should I do the stage 1 NA tune?

No you should not do anything I didn't specifically list in my original post.
If you can't get the car to do what is mentioned then wait and see if you're the only one this happens to or if this is a unique oddity that only occurred in my game save.

Just be sure to do exactly what is listed.
I can say for sure that something is wrong simply because an EP '01 with an oil change instantly jumps to 215hp. Are you using an EP '01?

Btw, thanks for letting me know (that is, you being honest) about the accident with the extra stiffness/ rigidity refresher.
I've got a feeling a lot of people are going to ignore that part of the post and not care enough to do things right (in the process, ruining my car). :ouch:

That was my one hang up about letting anyone and everyone be judges but we'll just have to wait and see how well the judges do their jobs. :cheers: :mischievous: :bowdown:

I have a question:

Regarding FFs: Would it be right so assume that Delta Train's Mini is based on the Mini Cooper '02 (neither S nor One), and Vince247's is based on th Mini Cooper S?

Also, Greycap's RWD entry links to his FF entry. As does his 4WD entry.

And Leonidae's RWD links to his 4WD entry.

I'm also having a hard time determining which cars Vince247 submitted for the RWD challenge.. it's a Mazda Rx-8, but since no model's specified, I don't know if I should get the Type S, Type E, Concept Type I, Concept Type II or just plain RX-8. Same goes with the Impreza submitted for the 4WD challenge... which model?

No you should not do anything I didn't specifically list in my original post.
If you can't get the car to do what is mentioned then wait and see if you're the only one this happens to or if this is a unique oddity that only occurred in my game save.

This has happened to me a few times with several different tuner cars done by people using PAL format. There may be a difference in PAL and NTSC. Usually its minute differences in gear ratios, but when testing a couple of my RWD opponents' cars, two separate cars didn't come out with the same power figures. It was very close, but not identical, and I triple-checked my procedures... I'll try the Civic EP 01 today (I use NTSC) and if someone else using PAL can test it, we can confirm what might be going on.

::edit:: update: on day 523 of the 700-day rotation I bought an EP '01 in Nighthawk Black Pearl with 16,614 miles on the clock. It came out just right @ 222 hp.

Another possibility - many cars appear several different times in the used rotation, often with different mileage, so if that's the case here, Holden's may be of different mileage, thus more or less permanent power loss may have occurred. I'll check this out.

::edit:: another update: On the next rotation cycle, an EP '01 appeared in Championship White with 18,5xx on the clock. With such a small difference in mileage, unsurprisingly it came out the same, @ 222 hp. I doubt on such a new car we'll see much more mileage difference than that. Scratch that theory. I do know there is a BIG difference in the used rotations on PAL, so if someone can test it in that format, we'll see.

I have a question:

Regarding FFs: Would it be right so assume that Delta Train's Mini is based on the Mini Cooper '02 (neither S nor One), and Vince247's is based on th Mini Cooper S?

Also, Greycap's RWD entry links to his FF entry. As does his 4WD entry.

And Leonidae's RWD links to his 4WD entry.

I'm also having a hard time determining which cars Vince247 submitted for the RWD challenge.. it's a Mazda Rx-8, but since no model's specified, I don't know if I should get the Type S, Type E, Concept Type I, Concept Type II or just plain RX-8. Same goes with the Impreza submitted for the 4WD challenge... which model?

The Minis - yes, you have it right.

Greycap and Leonidae both posted each of their entries in a single post, so the link will only follow to the top of that single post.

The RX-8 (which I think should be a Type S) is Rotary Junkie's entry -- Vince so far as I know didn't enter a RWD car. But his Impreza he'll have to answer... I remember there being some debate as to whether he'd chosen in the end to go with a 99 Coupe R or a 98 Sedan.

Believe it or not I'm almost finished judging the FF category, somebody's been a busy beaver lol. I'll just have to congratulate everyone in this category so far, every car is running well and better than the default settings and the lap times are scary close. Watch this space.

thats good to hear. its nice to know that im not getting slaughtered with my first GT4 tuned FWD

Strange, I thought the banners where clear enough for all to see. If you give the Impreza banner a second view, you'll see some details you'd never imagined.;)

True I didn't put in a RWD car in, I just love them, but this time I preferred Judging them instead of Tuning. That, since you can't officially judge in a category you tuned. (that doesn't take away of the possibility of driving them.:))

I know this car is very appealing to look at, but I really thought I put the model in it to be seen with ease...
Buntas-impreza.jpg

Just looking through I realised all my FF cars except two have less power than they should oil changes and all, I don't think it will matter much as my points are mainly going towards the feel of the car anyway.........

Edit: Got another Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01 and only got 207hp, must be the PAL version, this has only 28 000km on it and the other cars are getting similar issues, not much I can do there, so I'm going to have to test as is and I'm guessing the cars will handle the same anyway.:indiff::guilty:

Back