Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. the wing must have slipped past my tired eyes. The actual car doesn't have it, since it simply mocks Lotus who did some considerable amount of work on that car. Thanks for the testing anyway, feel free to ask for a car if you wish. and do not take the "mocking" too seriously, we all have opinions about things.

It's all good ;) I don't need any cars from you guys immediately but if you get the time an HSV GTS-R would be nice. That would be a wingless Monaro, around 430-480hp and on sports tyres, and no exhaust- stock exhaust please. 👍

expect a Lotus GSi review and an Audi Quattro Straße review later on..........

viper

EDIT:

so, first the Lotus GSi:

the car is great and looks great! i couldn't bring myself to put on new rims or a wing, because the car wouldn't harmonize with them in my eyes. the Lotus has nice acceleration, from 3rd gear upwards, in the first gears wheelspin takes away a bit from the acceleration, but it's quite controlable with the throttle. cornering is good, sometimes when entering a corner a bit too fast, there is some understeer, but nothing really bad! i really like that car, well done Leo

and now to the Audi Quattro Straße:

it's a shame, that the car isn't as good as in real-life, that really hurts! but with the MFT-setup, the Audi really improved a bit step. the acceleration is nice and not held back by any wheelspin, the cornering is great, understeer is nearly unnoticeable, and it's a really great car. well done too Greycap

Hi,
i have been lurking on here for a while. only had gt4 for about a month or 2 now.

just thought i'd give a quick review (probably too short to call a review really, i'm at work at the moment!) of a couple of your lovely cars.

Lotus Europa Super Special '71

well, what can i say? this car has grip for days!! it really is just awesome, such a pleasure to drive.
i already had this car (mildy tuned) before finding your garage, your tune is simply just brilliant!!

Mitsubishi Galant Evolution '70

once again, a brilliant job. so much fun to drive. just the right amount of oversteer to make it a real blast to drive.

sorry i couldnt go into more detail, as i said, at work, so i should probably get on with some work!! excellent job guys.

Let's have another one of these...

spauldj3800 - Dealing with it. 👍

viperpilot - Indeed a shame that it doesn't perform as it should (or maybe it just was that bad and the other were even worse :P) but luckily the tuning could cure it. Good to hear about the disappearance of understeer and even better to see that someone recognized the German double S!

spacecadet6980 - What on earth is this with a group of newcomer Aussies raiding our thread... but tell your friends if there are more, everyone is welcome! 👍 You're quite right in that your reviews are a bit on the short side but still, they tell me how you liked the cars. Great that you've found some of the low powered ones, the super performers seem to steal the show far too often but these ones can be great fun too. In my eyes two short reviews make one normal easily, so is there anything you might need tuned?

Alright, I guess it's the time for the next pair of cars. if you like revs and go-kart like handling, these are for you.

Amuse NSX GT1 '02

484 bhp, 497 Nm, 1079 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 3 / 5
Rebound: 6 / 6
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.998
2nd: 2.083
3rd: 1.594
4th: 1.290
5th: 1.080
6th: 0.911
Final Gear: 3.850

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Once upon a time, there was the Amuse S2000 R1 which was a good car in its own rights but I wanted a bit more so I built the Amuse NSX R1 to counter it - and ultimately beat it. But as the R1 wasn't enough for the guys at Amuse, it wasn't enough for me either. The aim was changed to the S2000 GT1 model and its astonishing road holding capabilities. And now we indeed have the factory fresh NSX GT1 in our hands, doing the same thing as the R1. Beating its opponent, that is. Using the trusty R1 as a base the supercar inside it was lured out to the daylight by more aggressive engine tuning, racing tyres and an aerodynamics package. The result is something even I couldn't dream of when I began the project. With only 484 brake horsepower the sleek red rocket decimates everything in its power class and goes all the way to rivalling and finally humiliating such automotive icons as the R32 Skyline... that happens to have 300+ bhp more power. That's the magic of the mid-engine layout at work right in front of your eyes.

Reviews:

by Kurei
by nd 4 holden spd
by Nenad

Last edited:
Are you serious, a 1'42 lap time out of less than 500hp?! I suppose it is light and mid-engined, but still. I'll give this one a go. As soon as I find what it's based off. Off to the first post.

Edit: I assume it's based off the NSX Type R 2002 just like its sports tyre brethren. And just how wild is this car? It's rated as expert- I guess I'll find out :sly:

goes all the way to rivalling and finally humiliating such automotive icons as the R32 Skyline... that happens to have 300+ bhp more power. That's the magic of the mid-engine layout at work right in front of your eyes.
I'm pretty confident that the magic behind your success owes much to the extremely stiff and lightweight monocoque construction of the new NSX, as well.

spacecadet6980 - What on earth is this with a group of newcomer Aussies raiding our thread... but tell your friends if there are more, everyone is welcome! 👍 You're quite right in that your reviews are a bit on the short side but still, they tell me how you liked the cars. Great that you've found some of the low powered ones, the super performers seem to steal the show far too often but these ones can be great fun too. In my eyes two short reviews make one normal easily, so is there anything you might need tuned?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about the short reviews, as i said, at work. it makes it a bit hard to find the time to give any sort of detailed review.
once i get the home computer bqack up and running, i will try to give some longer reviews of some of the other cars.
thanks for the offer of a tune. i cant think of anything at the moment.
i will PM you once i have thought of something.
once again guys, GREAT WORK!!

Amuse NSX GT1 '02 Review
After all those times of you saying my C1 Corvette is a BS car, it's payback- this is a BS car, no way could it possibly turn that well at those speeds and accelerate just as hard as say a TVR which has over 100hp more and weighs less not to mention having more torque. Now that aside this is an awesome car. Acceleration is (supposedly :sly: ) staggering for a car with such small (in comparation to others) power. Under acceleration it just keeps turning and turning with no sign of breaking away or understeer. Turn in is reasonably good, but brakes are one of its weak points. It's not the fastest at pulling up and turn in isn't perfect. In high speed approach corners or long sweeping corners it's easy to break out the rear end under brakes. Gearing was another thing I was a little disappointed in, the gear set-up is good, but the final drive needs to be wider to allow for a top speed in the range of 310-320km/hr. It only reaches about 290km/hr at the moment. You have to understand that this car is competing with the likes of 600hp+ cars and it will need the extra top end to beat cars like the Zonda LM or Ford GT LM spec II at tracks like Circuit de la Sarthe. But overall a staggering car, really unbelievable 👍

My review of the Pontiac GTO Sundowner

Brakes:
The GTO had nice and controllable braking, but are a little on the long side.

Trans:
The gearing and final drive are good. You need to shift around the redline to get the best out of the engine. As shifting a rev limiter slow the car down.

Suspension & diff:
The GTO has good at turn-in with a slight understeer at the middle and exit of the turn. Also at full throttle in high speed turns the car has a small amount understeer. Backing off the throttle will bring to car back on line. I found the GTO can spin the drive wheels a small amount, But this is very controllable.

This is a very good driving car for not having added downforce. My best lap at GV was a 1'43.510 and a good 2/10ths can be cut off that time. One more car on the plus side of the ledger. 👍

here is my review of the "old" Amuse NSX-R1:

the stock NSX likes to understeer and the brakes aren't good either. but the tuned one is way better: good acceleration, no wheelspin, great great cornering. sometimes a little bit of understeer is noticeable, but you can avoid that with getting off the gas, let the rear slide and go back onto gas, if you have the perfect line. this reminds me a bit of RR-layout-cars... well done with the "old" NSX R1, now i'll try the new NSX GT1!

viper

The NSX R had caught my attention on the game awhile ago. I've been testing cars around the 500bhp range with RM tires for awhile (more power then that is overrated :P). I had previously got a 1:42:721 in the NSX R and that was good enough for me. I thought I'd take a second crack at the NSX, and at the same time so did MFT.
This isn't a very official test, but I tested the Amuse NSX GT1 '02 and I guess the setup just didn't suit my driving style. I believe my best time was in the mid 1:43's and I just couldn't seem to improve on it. The car was however easy for me to drive. If I were to race the NSX I'd race MFT's Amuse NSX GT1 over my setup any day; with MFT's setup I could pull consistent times. My setup was a bit too much of a handful for anything more then a time trial ^^; but by the end of the day I did manage a 1:42:207. Perhaps I'll give you more detailed feed back on the Amuse NSX GT1 soon.

Amuse NSX GT1 '02 Review
It seems I'll never get rid of the weak brakes people complain about or the overly low top speeds. :P Not that I'd want to, though. While the car needs good brakes it does also need brakes that are predictable and that's why they're set up as they are. I'm fully aware of the rear breaking loose but then again, the other option was understeer and I'm sure nobody wants it. The car can be braked into whichever corner you want to, it just needs skill and that's why the Expert badge is there. The top speed then, with the amount of power it has making the gears longer would cause slower acceleration and rob it of one of its most important weapons. It's not aimed at the 600+ bhp LM race cars, more at the GT500 class. I know a good driver can rival the LM cars with it but they're of higher class with higher downforce and better specs all round. The +150 bhp thing was aimed at tuned road cars.

Damn it sounded negative... but I'm sure you understand. Thanks for the review! 👍

My review of the Pontiac GTO Sundowner
And it's the brakes again... :lol: well, see the former block of text. Maybe I just have a tendency of really stomping on the brakes and my settings are reflecting that. The understeer is quite inevitable in such a heavy car with no downforce, it wants to go straight but the suspension and tyres do a really work in stopping it, the handling is pretty exceptional for an American car as you found out.

Great to hear you liked it, I liked the review too! 👍

here is my review of the "old" Amuse NSX-R1
It's indeed a good bit different from the stock NSX-R, the understeer couldn't be cured entirely by suspension and LSD setup but I'm sure you're on your way to find out what finally cured it for good. Thanks for another one! 👍

It seems I'll never get rid of the weak brakes people complain about or the overly low top speeds. :P Not that I'd want to, though. While the car needs good brakes it does also need brakes that are predictable and that's why they're set up as they are. I'm fully aware of the rear breaking loose but then again, the other option was understeer and I'm sure nobody wants it. The car can be braked into whichever corner you want to, it just needs skill and that's why the Expert badge is there. The top speed then, with the amount of power it has making the gears longer would cause slower acceleration and rob it of one of its most important weapons. It's not aimed at the 600+ bhp LM race cars, more at the GT500 class. I know a good driver can rival the LM cars with it but they're of higher class with higher downforce and better specs all round. The +150 bhp thing was aimed at tuned road cars.

Damn it sounded negative... but I'm sure you understand. Thanks for the review! 👍

That's fine I understand, you really needed the turn in more than the stability, and don't get me wrong I really do like the car, but a reviewer's job is to point out the postives and negatives about a car to inform others. I wouldn't have thought another 20km/hr on top speed would hurt acceleration much, but let's be honest- it's on the rev limiter by the end of GVS straight which isn't a long straight. Anyway, I was a little surprised by the expert rating on this car, I found it relatively easy to drive, and you know by how you enter a corner if you're going to break out the rear end. So once again- good car 👍

Edit: Scratch that- the gearing's fine, I just raced it at Le Sarthe in the Dream Car Championship against the Zonda LM and beat it. Under its own power it gets just a smidgent over 300km/hr and under slipstream gets almost 320km/hr. This was enough to beat the Zonda LM. You may not have aimed it at this level of competition but this is where it ended up- my '69 Camaro SS beats JGTC cars at just 500hp and no downforce- this NSX would just be overkill.

...it's on the rev limiter by the end of GVS straight which isn't a long straight.
True, the straight itself isn't that long. But the actual straight is preceded by another and the throttle isn't lifted between them. It's full acceleration from the hairpin to the braking of the first corner and the total duration is somewhere in the vicinity of 25 seconds. That's a quarter of the entire lap time and roughly estimating some 1300m in length. Considering that the car already flies out of the hairpin at around 100 km/h I'd say the straight is long enough to be used for transmission tuning for "normal" courses. Nürburgring, Sarthe and the ovals excluded.

my '69 Camaro SS beats JGTC cars at just 500hp and no downforce- this NSX would just be overkill.
True again. But it doesn't mean that the NSX is as good as the LM cars, it means that the AI can't drive. The NSX is quite well on a par with its JGTC counterparts when you drive both.

But what's this guy called Kaid Blackheart, have we got a knight here? :dopey: Impressive pace, your setup sounds like it's one more of the axe murderers we've seen in the past. Mine is indeed not as lethal as it could be (beats the RUF easily at that area if needed) but still very much of a demanding car when going for the last tenths. I know it's possible for me to break into 1'41 with it if I only got one good lap down.

A well-driven axe murderer can be fast... If it's the right type of axe murderer.

A car that simply wants to kill you instead of turn at all times will be slow... A car with some oversteer tendencies can be faster if you can keep the car pulling towards the exit as it slides.

I feel like driving a god-car...

True, the straight itself isn't that long. But the actual straight is preceded by another and the throttle isn't lifted between them. It's full acceleration from the hairpin to the braking of the first corner and the total duration is somewhere in the vicinity of 25 seconds. That's a quarter of the entire lap time and roughly estimating some 1300m in length. Considering that the car already flies out of the hairpin at around 100 km/h I'd say the straight is long enough to be used for transmission tuning for "normal" courses. Nürburgring, Sarthe and the ovals excluded.

True again. But it doesn't mean that the NSX is as good as the LM cars, it means that the AI can't drive. The NSX is quite well on a par with its JGTC counterparts when you drive both.

Well in all reality then, there are only 2 road cars I can think of that are in the same league as some of the LM cars, your R390 and my CIEN. But I can't help but feel you are only commenting on the negative things I'm saying which I did equal out with positive things. Even saying in the edit that the gearing was fine for top speed and acceleration.

here is my review of the NSX GT1:

this car is really a stunner! it has very nice acceleration, no wheelspin and the limits of this car are from outer space. so high corner-speeds, so much grip! it did beat a lot of fast cars from my garage around several tracks..........a real track-machine! well done Greycap

viper

Well in all reality then, there are only 2 road cars I can think of that are in the same league as some of the LM cars, your R390 and my CIEN. But I can't help but feel you are only commenting on the negative things I'm saying which I did equal out with positive things. Even saying in the edit that the gearing was fine for top speed and acceleration.
Come to think of it, it's the negative things you've found I have to comment on to explain why the car is set up as it is. I also saw the edit but wanted to bring out my opinion of why the GVS straight is quite a good one for gearbox tuning.

I don't hate anyone (well, yet at least) but I want people to understand my points in making the car what it is. My driving style is loose and aggressive, necessitating powerful corner exits. Both those things had significant parts in the tuning of the NSX. And of course, many things could have been made in a different way but an all round tune is always a compromise.

viperpilot - Short but to the point!

Come to think of it, it's the negative things you've found I have to comment on to explain why the car is set up as it is. I also saw the edit but wanted to bring out my opinion of why the GVS straight is quite a good one for gearbox tuning.

I don't hate anyone (well, yet at least) but I want people to understand my points in making the car what it is. My driving style is loose and aggressive, necessitating powerful corner exits. Both those things had significant parts in the tuning of the NSX. And of course, many things could have been made in a different way but an all round tune is always a compromise.

viperpilot - Short but to the point!

Well my and your driving styles must be very similar as the car suits me quite well also. 👍

N4HS, your GTS-R is ready. I made it with more power than you requested ( because I can :sly: ), and it's pulling under 2-minute laptimes on GVS. it requires some throttle control since it has 555bhp, but the suspension could handle even 571bhp just as well.. do you want it now or shall I polish it some more?

If you feel you can make it better then by all means do :dopey: Otherwise, I'll take delivery whenever you want. I probably won't be able to play the sony for another 12hrs or more though, so you have all that time if you want. 👍

alright. it did 1'55 with 571bhp and 1'57 with 555bhp, so the horsepower difference doesn't matter too much. If you drop the power to 500ish, I believe that traction won't be an issue either. Anyway, I'll PM the setup to you within 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back