Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If 571hp comes from an exhaust then I will probably use the 555hp, stock exhaust sounds best on this car. Anyway, I look forward to it- I don't suppose this will be a "public" car either ;) Sounds like some tail happy fun either way.

I think I shall write the setup now. That way you'll feel like a child on Christmas morning ;)

Soon the world will witness the birth of something seemingly supernatural, small, white and swift. Not quite a ghost, more of a reborn phantom. The phantom of what, you'll see. Be ready, it's coming your way.

Opera S2000 AJH-Edition'04

473 bhp, 400 Nm, 902 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
FC Transmission
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 80 / 100
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 2 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.706
2nd: 2.410
3rd: 1.810
4th: 1.430
5th: 1.150
6th: 0.950
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The tuner wizards at powerhouse Opera had a problem. They needed a new demo-car to perk up the sales of their tuning accessories, and ended up with the extremely capable S2000. But after doing their thing with it, they noticed that their times and handling weren't up to their demands. A quick ring to somewhere in Scandinavia, and two experts from MFT arrived a few days later. After receiving a short briefing about the problems, the senior mechanic of MFT swiftly came up with a plan to defeat the lack of power and the nervous handling. A week later, the car was better than ever, developing over 470bhp and 400nm in its rev-happy four-banger, that helped the car fly around GVS with a pace that would have earned it a top notch position in JGTC.

:eek::eek::eek: Ookay.. that's scary..:scared: I'll just :bowdown: to you and tell you one thing..

1'36.xxx is definitely possible. I saw few points where you could had done slightly better, just enough to get under 1'37. shame that I can get only something around low 1'39s..:ouch:

He could probably lose that .199 of a second by changing the oil; he's only working with 855hp. Very nice driving though!

In other news, I've finally recieved my cockpit in the mail, so I may become more active again in GT4 now that I can use my wheel. I'm not making any promises, as I have a history of unreliability, but I may begin reviewing some of your cars. I've actually tested a lot of your cars and said nothing because I didn't notice much difference tuned vs. untuned, like your Chaser R600. Maybe I'll revisit that RX-7 sometime...

EDIT: I've given that Elan a run, and I like the tune very much. The cornering is similar to that of a lightning-cat, but this is to be expected of a car which weighs hardly anything. The car cornered very predictably, but not as automatically as a modern car. I originally decided that I wanted swift handling at all costs, but this period-correct, soft suspension makes it feel like a classic car's soul. Plus modern urgency. I am simply delighted that 210hp could provide such pace and controllablity! As usual, the gear ratios worked well with the car's characteristics. Oddly, the car exhibited no handling eccentricities in the swap from S3s to R3s, an interesting characteristic which I suspect may be a result of the very low weight. Though, I experienced some interesting traction-related issues when I undersestimated the car's abilities in the first turn of Infineon. The common term for the odd maneuver is 'flight.' It weighs nothing, has no downforce, but lots and lots of speed. If you put it over the wrong (right?) hill too quickly, you will get huge amounts of airtime. Fun stuff!

Hehe, The Elan indeed it a fun little beast. As you said, it doesn't get too flustered when you change the tyres, making it perfect car for any track.. almost. Nurb and Cobra as opponent proved to be too much for it. Congrats for your achievement, Dimplz.

That's why we have had these two link banners in the bottom of the opening post for several months now. ;)

never looked at it, i just thought it was a list of all cars in the game:$
thanks anyway ;)

i will post a review of the TRD Trueno Gr.A'00 in the next post ;)

Secret TRD project....

I was cruising to Madison Square Garden, untin there came some drifters. One of them was driving a Sprinter Trueno. I watched him, he drove excellent, the car was doing a excellent drift. When they finished, I talked to the driver..... He told me about the TRD project, which was made in co-operation with MFT Co. I asked him for a ride in his car.
The car drove so excellent. I spoke to him again, wanted to know more about TRD. I discovered by this way that TRD is preparing some Trueno's. So I decided to buy a second hand Trueno. And took it to TRD. , I toke it to Gymkhana Course when the car was transformed into the TRD Trueno Gr.A. The drive was unbelievable, so much better. Zero wheelspin :| But if you want, you can easily spin the wheels...Very well done guys!! I went to Tsukuba a few days later. The car swung through the corners :D
All I can say about this car : Super Big Bang for your Bucks!!!

Opera S2000 AJH-Edition'04

473 bhp, 400 Nm, 902 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
FC Transmission
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 80 / 100
Stabilizers: 2 / 2

Brake Controller

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.706
2nd: 2.410
3rd: 1.810
4th: 1.430
5th: 1.150
6th: 0.950

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

The tuner wizards at powerhouse Opera had a problem. They needed a new demo-car to perk up the sales of their tuning accessories, and ended up with the extremely capable S2000. But after doing their thing with it, they noticed that their times and handling weren't up to their demands. A quick ring to somewhere in Scandinavia, and two experts from MFT arrived a few days later. After receiving a short briefing about the problems, the senior mechanic of MFT swiftly came up with a plan to defeat the lack of power and the nervous handling. A week later, the car was better than ever, developing over 470bhp and 400nm in its rev-happy four-banger, that helped the car fly around GVS with a pace that would have earned it a top notch position in JGTC.

Wow!!! This machine is amazing!!! I just ran it in the Tuning Car Tsukuba race and it handles brilliantly!!! I set a time of 52.97 secs...I believe its my best time yet on Tsukuba.However, to be honest I left the driving aids on BUT the setup on this car is incredible!! It doesnt really feel fast but if you check the cornering speeds you will realise.Great work MFT!!!!

Thank you. and now you two who have been reviewing these two cars have right to request a custom tuneup for a car you choose. but before you pick up a car, please, check up the 1st and 11th post for the limitations.

Hehe, The Elan indeed it a fun little beast. As you said, it doesn't get too flustered when you change the tyres, making it perfect car for any track.. almost. Nurb and Cobra as opponent proved to be too much for it. Congrats for your achievement, Dimplz.

If you take it back to the Nurburgring, try an EXTREMELY agressive braking strategy. My KC Motorsport Elan in the VTC is running consistent times in the 7'15-7'18 range on the Nurb on S3's now that I've gotten really brave with the middle pedal - I'm sure the MFT Elan could match that (under Greycap's hands, likely beat it). Mine's a bit softer than the MFT Elan though, so it might be better suited to the Green Hell.

Judging by relative lap times... my Europa ran 1'58 on GVS on S3 tyres and seeing that the oldschool Lotus models are virtually identical in their pace it can be quite safely assumed that the Elan is capable of doing the same. Now, taking a look at the two AWD cars I've tried on both tracks - the Quattro and the RS200 - we can draw a couple of conclusions. The Quattro ran 7'25 on the Nürburgring and 2'01 on GVS, the RS200 ran 7'15 on the Nürburgring and 1'59 on GVS. Moreover, the nimble Elan would probably have the edge in cornering over the heavy AWD cars.

So yes, it might be possible. Keeping the car under control is an entirely different thing though...

Yeah, control is definitely the problem. When I was polishing the Elan for the VTC release the last place I took it was the Nurburgring. At first its reaction to the rough track surface and relatively low top-end made it hard to get in under 7'25. I kept going softer and softer though, and eventually it came under enough control to break in below 7'20 with some measure of regularity, and didn't sacrifice any of its performance on more flat-planed technical tracks. Because of the lack of top-end relative to something like the RS200 though, to get to 7'15 though took reckless, stupidly late braking into all the most dangerous corners, but the chassis on that little Lotus is pure sex under brakes. I've gone a bit faster than 7'15 twice, but those were extremely lucky laps that I can't repeat consistently.

And in order to get the Audi R8 that Vince of RCV has tuned, I shall need a fun Audi to drive. Either the MFT R4 '03 or the Audi Quattro Stra(german B which I can't see on my keyboard so I will use ss)e (Quattro Strasse). Expect a review of one of the two real soon guys.

Edit:
Audi Quattro Strasse '82 Review
I chose the Strasse as it was on sports tyres and would provide more fun in the Audi Race, plus I can see what I'm up against in the VTC :sly: Sorry Leo, but if you want I can still drive the R4 afterwards. How many reviews did you get of the updated settings for the R4?
OK, on to the Quattro. First of all this is a big improvement over stock, but the car seems impervius to becoming perfect. Turn in was greatly improved and is a really good feature of the car- it has good turn in so you can chuck it into corners but it won't go ass backwards on you. High speed understeer has nearly completely been rectified but low speed understeer is still blaringly present. It is improved majorly from stock but that understeer just doesn't want to say goodbye for good. It also seemed that directional changing was a little difficult and under some circumstances was best done with the brakes. However it hardly impacts on the car's performance and overall this is a great car, and big turnaround from what it was. Gearing was also good. Well done 👍
Now do you want me to drive the MFT R4 as well?

Edit 2: Oops, I need a TT to get the Le Mans Quattro- oh well, I'll just get Bob to do it in the race car or something. It was still worth the review though and the MFT R4 offer still stands.

Edit 3: MFT R4 '03 Review
I went and drove it anyway :D
OK, I can't think how to start this one so here goes. Turn in and brake power on this car are just superb, late braking is not a problem and the car always goes where you want it to into the corner. However leave it too late and you will spin out, possibly because the engine being so far forward acts like an anchor and throws the rear out. For a 599hp AWD car there is very little understeer but surprisingly there is a deal bit of wheelspin, and understeer certainly isn't completely gone. It's like having the worst of both worlds, wheel spin of a RWD and understeer of an AWD. Still, driven right and neither are a problem in the slightest. Directional changes are extremely easy especially for such a nose heavy vehicle. The car really feels like you are setting really quick lap times but then you cross the finish line and the time is not what you expected- it's much slower. It seems to be a straight line accleration thing, which is strange. It has enough power and torque and isn't overly heavy but can't move as quickly as say something like my SVT Mustang. (See Aussie Tuners for that one). Ah well, it's a good car really- has good handling and pulls up quickly but just can't go as quick as it should and will be beaten by cars with less power and even weighing more (like my Super Bandai SC430 (JGTC) which may get released sometime in the future at AT- it has 500hp and weighs more than 1400kg and sets lap times just as quick as this R4). Good car guys 👍 I think PD screwed up on the acceleration traits of this one with higher power, and even the parts you can buy. (RC Intercooler on a naturally aspirated V8? Hah!) Well done 👍

Yeah, both of these Audis refuse to let go of the understeer tradition that has been plaguing thenm until recently. but as you noticed, when driven right, they are very capable for what they are. And personally, I like the acceleration of the R4 too, not to mention the stopping ability. Wheelspin and understeer indeed belong into this cars nature, after all, it's reversed Porsche layout.. :lol: feel fre to request a ride to be tuned.

You like the acceleration of the R4? But it gets beaten by cars with less power- or so it would seem. I don't have any request cars, nor any requests at all. But if you feel like it- come and review some of AT's cars. My Merc SLK 230 never got a single review and is already forgotten- please review my Mercedes SLK 230.

Thank you. and now you two who have been reviewing these two cars have right to request a custom tuneup for a car you choose. but before you pick up a car, please, check up the 1st and 11th post for the limitations.

thank you too ;)
do i need to post the car here?? or should i put it in a PM??
i will tell you a lil' bit already ;)
featherwight, but very powerful ;)
it can reach 12000 RPM ;)

looking forward to your reply ;)

Now I'm confused... after I had written this post there were 1499 replies in the thread... and there still are, despite the fact that there's one post made after this one. Do we have a mod on a double post hunt or what? :confused:

But what's our band playing? A solid beat, sounds a bit like military style to me, ah, now I know what it is...

Imperial March'99

202 bhp, 226 Nm, 755 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (black Nismo 5-spoke)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 120 / 150
Stabilizers: 1 / 3

Brake Controller

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.306
2nd: 1.658
3rd: 1.262
4th: 1.030
5th: 0.868
6th: 0.753

Autoset 8

LSD
Initial: 55
Acceleration: 45
Deceleration: 15

Driving Aids

If Galactic Empire would have a garrison on the Earth, They would need an approperiate small and nimble vehicle for chasing the Rebel scums. Thus, they chose Nissan March #G'99 and took it to Kuat DriveYards, where it was succesfully converted to the needs of the Dark Side of the Forced Induction. Don't let the nearly stock looks fool you. This tiny car has the latest interstellar technology under the hood, and as a result, the tiny 1.3l 16 valve engine develops 202bhp accompanied by TIE-fighter like howl.

Your mission is to capture the Rebels. Don't fail The Emperor, or Darth Nismo will deal with you personally. Dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back