RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

(Oh, yeah, and I made an R32 that is in a state of neutrality-to-oversteer. As opposed to the usual neutrality-to-understeer.)

~Kyle
That sounds like it could be very good, indeed. If it's specification suits my taste (S3's, no wing, sub-500 hp), I will review it within a week of you posting it. A balanced 4WD car in GT4 sounds very, very fun, and very, very impressive.

Here's to hoping it's got nice, mid-range specifications! (Perhaps that sounds a bit akward, but I can't make it any more natural-sounding.):ouch:

I did fool around with running full power through it, but...

Yeah, I'll finish it up along with my two other cars soon. It will probably be around 350-400hp, 450 max. (Any more and the tires won't let the brakes slow it down quick enough)

Fancy! I was really hoping for around 375ish hp, the 500 I specified was an absolute, upper limit.

If it's got S3's and no wing, then it's a date!

I have heard that, of the Skylines with 4WD, the R33 oversteers most on-throttle. I'm actually suprised that I've not seen more of them around here, since that is a good dynamic characteristic. Perhaps it's due to their 5 kilometer wheelbase and their ugliness.

Either way, I think I'd still prefer your R32, as that's how I think of tuning: Making a lumpen, wretched car into something with joy and (or) pace, through precision and thought. I love the style and relative low weight of the R32, but I don't like the understeer.

The understeer is quickly disappearing, but stability is becoming an issue at times.

IMO, the R33 is the best looking of the Skylines, followed by the R32, then the R34. I just don't like the looks of the R34s...

The stance is right though!

Teaser:
IMG0029-1.jpg

Here's my best R33 pic:

It's a Nismo 400R. Sorry it's a little dark, but it's old and i didn't know to make it brighter for the PC, nor is it in super fine quality.

And it's off-topic, but I couldn't resist.

ITR-STDC5.jpg

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 2 NA Tuning
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Wing

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------14.0/5.5
Ride Height:-------110/115
Shock Bound:-------6/3
Shock Rebound:-----9/3
Camber:------------1.0/1.8
Toe:---------------0/2
Stabilizers:-------2/7
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission:
Final to 6.000, autoset to 1, then set gear ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.900/2.155/1.670/1.350/1.150/1.000]
Final of 3.730

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 8/35/6

Brake Balance: 6/10

Downforce: 30/15

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:Most think that FWD means understeer, wheelspin, and incapability to handle reasonably high power levels. But that's not always the case, as the RCV Integra Type R ST proves. 315 bhp is enough to be quick in a 3500lb car... This car is sub-2500lbs, and as a result, it flies.

Yes, it can and will light the tires in first gear. But then again, a certain Finn's 230hp Focus does the same. Hit second, and hit the throttle. Wheelspin is nearly nonexistant, occurring only when one of the front tires gets skipped over a bump or rut in the pavement. In which case, you lift, but then get back in it. Drive it like you stole it, and have fun getting sideways on occasion.

Last edited:
HEY!! just giving a "helloooooooo" and a "ding-dong" here.., lately, RCV and AT have not been active due to the pressure being put by TCv3.., just checking if your garage is still active.., :D

Well, it's is still active. At least Rotary is, I am obligued to stand still for the moment, because I am having several issues with reobtaining my Ps2, I sorrowfully lended to a friend of my brother.

Believe me, I'm on the edge of sewing her...:P

But for all the no-ps2-needed cases, I'm still in. So if you're trying to tune yourself, but you need some help, just ask/pm us. No problem, we are always willing to help, just as MFT and many others in this part of the tuner forum.

I hope you guys can excuse me for the inconveniences you must have had.

HEY!! just giving a "helloooooooo" and a "ding-dong" here.., lately, RCV and AT have not been active due to the pressure being put by TCv3.., just checking if your garage is still active.., :D

Hell yes it's still alive.

If RCV died, I'd quit tuning for a while.

EDIT: Sorry to double below for the GT-R.

So... New Cars:

Last edited:
gtrui6.jpg

Parts List
Racing Chip
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Stroker Kit (Displacement Up)
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------6.0/5.0
Ride Height:-------95/110
Shock Bound:-------4/4
Shock Rebound:-----6/6
Camber:------------1.8/1.8
Toe:---------------0/-2
Stabilizers:-------5/5
Transmission:
Final to 5.500, autoset to 1, then set gear ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.813/2.079/1.611/1.350/1.150/1.000]
Final of 4.300

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: Factory

Brake Balance: 5/10

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 50 (rearward)

Downforce: None

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: It's not the average GT-R. Unlike most, this car hasn't had the power brought up to ridiculous levels and it's instead built to corner. Almost anyone can drive this car decently, no matter if they're not used to the acceleration and power levels, as it does not have wheelspin issues, and can take corner exit at WOT even at low speeds.

The 1989 base-model GT-R was the lightest GT-R produced, but that comes at a price; it's not as aerodynamic as the newer models and it's been known to have understeer issues compared to the R34. Blame the first-ever ATTESSA system.

We've fixed that understeer issue, just so you know. The aero? Why bother? We built this car for tight circuits and the touge. Aerodynamics play little role below 80 mph, and I promised not to use a wing on this car.

It will get reviews Vince, that's for sure. They're RJ's FF & AWD entries for TCv3 so we'll see what Kent and the other judges have to say about it. :)

At first glance, that's a strange setup and tune for a DC5. In my view, most of the settings appear to be backwards fore to aft.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to personally compare with a BB1 Prelude prototype of mine that runs 280ps comfortably on N3 tires.

It is only 375hp, but it feels like much, much more. The thing accelerates insanely during initial testing at Tsukuba, and the excellent cornering performance is actually somewhat belittled from it. The cornering is brilliant, and exactly what you described: neutrality-to-oversteer. The chassis is basically one with colossal grip at both ends, and the oversteer/understeer bias can be adjusted easily and intuitively. There is a small amount of lift-throttle oversteer; not enough to cause problems, but just enough to redeem a fractionally too-late braking point. Excluding low-speed throttle oversteer, throttle acts to stabilize the car without causing excessive understeer. As long as one knows the limits of the car and doesn't do anything really stupid (not me), it is phenomenally rapid and fun as a low-spec GT-R, a rarity in video games. Very well done, RJ!

Actually, now I want to play Enthusia to use my drift-spec R32 in it.

R32 power, Activate!

Back