Official Ferrari Challenge Thread

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 1,184 comments
Meh, that damage shot looks like Pro Streets idea of damage, i.e. the bumpers fall off.. Im still waiting to see burnout levels of destruction...

Robin

i learn today that there are 2 versions of the game one where we can play 2-players split-screen with some AI cars, but the graphics are a bit weak and so the damage. And another just for 1 player, but the graphics are better and damage too.
Now that the dice is on we may get the 2-players split-screen version. It's a hard choice but for the fun factor i prefer this version too.

i learn today that there are 2 versions of the game one where we can play 2-players split-screen with some AI cars, but the graphics are a bit weak and so the damage. And another just for 1 player, but the graphics are better and damage too.
Now that the dice is on we may get the 2-players split-screen version. It's a hard choice but for the fun factor i prefer this version too.

I would personally get the single player version if this is true, i generally stick to arcade racers for muilt-player racers

Sorry I dont get this, you mean to say there'll be 2 different versions available in the market? A 2 player Split Screen version and a single player version?

Sorry, but I dont see the point of this.. I mean technically I understand but that doesnt justify having 2 different versions in the market? The 2 player SS version would quite honestly be a half-hazard game then. And I dont see a point of releasing that at all, just so that 2 "buddies" can sit on a couch and play.. lol, thats just totally.. &$# .. (sorry, no pun intended)..

Sorry I dont get this, you mean to say there'll be 2 different versions available in the market? A 2 player Split Screen version and a single player version?

Sorry, but I dont see the point of this.. I mean technically I understand but that doesnt justify having 2 different versions in the market? The 2 player SS version would quite honestly be a half-hazard game then. And I dont see a point of releasing that at all, just so that 2 "buddies" can sit on a couch and play.. lol, thats just totally.. &$# .. (sorry, no pun intended)..

There will be ONLY one version in the market the 2-players Split-screen version. But to be honest this version is a better whole. I mean the damage may be just a bit weak (just really a little bit weak) but we end getting a greater car paint/vinyl/layout feature. And speaking about graphics they will be better then Forza2.

There will be ONLY one version in the market the 2-players Split-screen version.

After saying:

You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit. Any links to actual info?

;)

I think it's supposed to mean that in single player mode the graphics and such will be better than in split screen mode, just like GT.

Holy KRAP! If what Thargoth is saying is correct, then, My Bad. Coz THAT totally makes sense. Although in my defense, what he said seemed like there will be 2 versions on sale.. :P

After saying:

You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit. Any links to actual info?

;)

Mekanaizer

That was my original post read the red line.
The 2-players split-screen version date on screen is 2008 and the 1 player version date is 2007. Iam just telling that i had the chance to test both preview copies or demos what ever you would call it.

Damn! Earlier in this page I said, I cant wait to Drive Full speed through Eau Rouge, in Rain! And :D That pic made me happy! :)

I have some negative thoughts about it though. From what screens I've seen yet, there are no Marshals or Spectators (not that that's gonna make any difference in my 'should i buy it or not' decision, but still it all adds up to 'fine details'). Or may be marshals only appear when there's a yellow flag or something? (like in GTR, i suppose?).. But thanks anyways.. This is surely shaping up to be a quality release..

hey man can you tell me the name of this circuit i remember racing on it in GTR2 and feel like a few laps but im not sure which circuit it is? I remember loving it!

ah yea Spa, what a place! Thanks mate.

Oh and i must admit i got some thrills from the testerossa and 250GTO shots!

This is my fave though:

2044.jpg

Looks great!

I know, the above shot indeed is great. Infact while going through the screens in the link amar212 posted, I saw a lot of dark shots (with the car's lights on), thinking it's clear indication on day/night races, but they were just dark due to heavy rain and overcast / cloud shadow. The lighting is indeed looking very very cool..

Regarding "2 versions" of the game, and whole "split-screen" issue, I guess that following correspondence I had with System3 yesterday clears all questions:

"Hi xxxxx.
I don't know do you even have time to answer some questions regarding FC:TP, but I'll be free to ask one.
Below is very recent quote from one forum. Can you please explain what this guy is talking about? Are there going to be 2 version of the game in retail, or is he understood something all wrong? Thank you in advance.
BR,
Amar"

"Hi Amar,
I hope you are well?
There will be no 2-player split screen on any version. The PS3 can be played via LAN or up to 16 players online. The Wii version has no multi player options. You can play up to 4 players with one cartridge on the DS.
I hope that answers your question.
Regards
xxxx"

custom soundtracks will be nice, although ill probably turn any music off if they capture the ferrari "howl" well enough!

Regarding "2 versions" of the game, and whole "split-screen" issue, I guess that following correspondence I had with System3 yesterday clears all questions:

"Hi xxxxx.
I don't know do you even have time to answer some questions regarding FC:TP, but I'll be free to ask one.
Below is very recent quote from one forum. Can you please explain what this guy is talking about? Are there going to be 2 version of the game in retail, or is he understood something all wrong? Thank you in advance.
BR,
Amar"

"Hi Amar,
I hope you are well?
There will be no 2-player split screen on any version. The PS3 can be played via LAN or up to 16 players online. The Wii version has no multi player options. You can play up to 4 players with one cartridge on the DS.
I hope that answers your question.
Regards
xxxx"

Ahhh. Thank you. Mekanaizer's posts are incredibly hard to decipher sometimes.

That was my original post read the red line.
The 2-players split-screen version date on screen is 2008 and the 1 player version date is 2007. Iam just telling that i had the chance to test both preview copies or demos what ever you would call it.

The red line doesn't help. Your response doesn't either. It still looks like you're saying there are 2 versions. Spend some time planning out your posts before hitting the "post" button. www.thesaurus.com, and www.dictionary.com are great resources if you don't know a word or phrase, or just can't remember how to spell something.

;)

Ahhh. Thank you. Mekanaizer's posts are incredibly hard to decipher sometimes.

The red line doesn't help. Your response doesn't either. It still looks like you're saying there are 2 versions. Spend some time planning out your posts before hitting the "post" button. www.thesaurus.com, and www.dictionary.com are great resources if you don't know a word or phrase, or just can't remember how to spell something.

;)

LOL, that was like, IN YOUR FACE! )0*(#1& ... :)

I know, it kinda confused me to the point where I was almost gonna say, F__K this! I'd wait till the game comes out to decide whether to buy it or not! :P

Thanks Amar for clearing it out. And Mekanaizer, no offence dude, please keep up the goof work.. Your constant updates are keeping this thread alive. And besides, when you do goof up, there's always amar212 to clear things out ;) ..

LOL, that was like, IN YOUR FACE! )0*(#1& ... :)

I know, it kinda confused me to the point where I was almost gonna say, F__K this! I'd wait till the game comes out to decide whether to buy it or not! :P

Thanks Amar for clearing it out. And Mekanaizer, no offence dude, please keep up the goof work.. Your constant updates are keeping this thread alive. And besides, when you do goof up, there's always amar212 to clear things out ;) ..

Indeed.

I mean no offense to Mekanaizer. His updates are appreciated. He just needs to spend more time making his posts intelligible, so more people can understand what he is on about. :lol:

;)

Merkanizer, your contribution is very valuable here. 👍

Oh, and I have to say that FC:TP's Vinyl Editor is the most blatant rip-off ever seen in any video game. It's even worse than Sega GT2002 intro movie which is non-plus-ultra rip-off of GT3's intro sequence.

Forza 2 vinyl editor menu:

Primitives-1.jpg

Ferrari Challenbge Tropheo Pirelli vinyl editor menu:

3843.jpg

Come on, please :D

And for those intrested in opening sequences rip-off I've talked about:

SEGA GT 2002 intro video
http://www.gamespot.com/video/533807/2876012/sega-gt-2002-intro-movie

Gran Turismo 3 intro video (pictured US has Lenny Kravitz song, rest is same to other releases)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5477309036592896753

Of course, Polyphony Digital wasn't playing babies, they've also somehow ripped-off SEGA GT2002's Photo Mode (it was the first racing game to have it), and looks of garage (car was actually in the garage with the photos (as later in PGR series), while you could buy stuff for your garage and re-decorate it). I liked SEGA GT2002, it was a damn fine game - so pity that Microsoft never understood importance of true force feedback wheel, thay could have their GT counterpart years before Forza.

Wow, that is a hell of a rip-off, and no it's NOT the same paterns they all have. It's a rip off, and no mistake. Even the style of the menu is almost identical. Still, if you can do half of what you can do with Forza2's Livery editor, I'll be happy. Just as long as the vinyl doesn't move every race like Forza (bad design flaw).

I'm just happy they are having a livery editor at all, so I can't complain too much.

;)

Well, I sure hope they fiddle with the physics settings a bit. Forza 2 left a lot to be desired in the physics department. A game focussed on Ferrari deserves better.

;)

Back