Official Ferrari Challenge Thread

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 1,184 comments
Its slightly worrying that all of those screen shots have just the F430 in them when this game is supposed to eventually (through updates) have every racing Ferrari ever made :lol:... I really don't think they will ever deliver on that... it will have like 30 odd and thats it..

And all you of have seem to forgotten that only two types of Ferrari can be on the track at the same time which really sucks! :yuck:

Its slightly worrying that all of those screen shots have just the F430 in them when this game is supposed to eventually (through updates) have every racing Ferrari ever made :lol:... I really don't think they will ever deliver on that... it will have like 30 odd and thats it..

And all you of have seem to forgotten that only two types of Ferrari can be on the track at the same time which really sucks! :yuck:

Well, it's a game based around real-world Ferrari Challenge Championship which features only F430 model. So, I see no problem racing only F430 since it's like that in it's real-life counterpart :)

Also, last of this games - F355 Challenge - has just F355's in it and I nobody really cared - as long as it was a great simulation. So, if this game turns out as such, nobody will say a word I guess.

After all, this game is not Gran Turismo, nor it wants to be if I got it right.

And as to have all Ferraris being ever made, I also see no problem with it, since this is a Licenced Ferrari Product.

As long as they deliver features promised - I'll be very happy to play this game nonetheless.

Yes if it delivers on the physics, damage and accuracy side then sure its aiming for a different and more specific crowd and will succeed there but to get the attention of the average gamer it has to deliver some other stuff.. like other cars.

I still think 2 different types on the same track at once is a bit lame, other devs manage it fine, what if I want 3 different types of Ferrari on the track!

Its not going to make the big money if it hasn't got other eye catching features im afraid... some other single manufacturer licensed games like from Alfa Romeo, Merc and Ford have seriously bombed.

And with GT so close to its release it really is shooting itself in the foot, the original release date would have been perfect!

Robin

Hello.

amar212, yo say in the GT5 PAL thread:

"... System 3 has finally set "the final of them all" release date for their officially licenced Ferrari Challenge game... ".

How do you know it is really the final?. I have not seen this afirmation in the press web site.

About damage and weather, in Leizpig the cars damaged, and the teaser shows a car under rain.

I honestly see this as a must buy for me, as GT5p isnt going to hold my interest for too long (JPN version didn't) So I need a backup game and for me this is it, it looks nice and if they deliver on the promise of good physics then I will buy on launch.

How do you know it is really the final?. I have not seen this afirmation in the press web site.

It's on the System3's press-site form yesterday, are you sure you've checked it out recently?

And I have also spoken today with one Manager at System 3 and he has confirmed me May. So I guess thiis could be final, but of course - I trust noone until I have the box in my hands.

It's on the System3's press-site form yesterday, are you sure you've checked it out recently?
Yes, yesterday, and I saw the 17 · 3 · 08 update, with the new launch date, but not exactly this afirmation.

Like you, I will think it´s true when I´ll have the game in my hands.

The promotion of this game is poor. If not because I could test the game in Leizpig would have no hope in it.

There is a new update in the press web site, with new images of the unlockable Ferraris.

i have to say i am impressed just read through the whole thread, now i will buy this game 100% but not before i find out, will the new content be downloadable to USB device from my PC because my PS3 is not online and i have no intentions of getting it online for now?? Does anyone have any ideas about this? Im not gonna buy a game that promises new content that i cant actually access. Please someone tell me there will be a way!

Please excuse my ignorance, does anybody know if this game will be for PC too?
Thanks.

Unfortunatly not. PS3 is the main platfrom, arcade version will hit DS and Wii, while PS2 game is also in the workd and it's coming out in late summer. No X360, nor PC at this point.

attachment.php

Mine!

Once again, thanks for the info Amar.

Not to be rude, but I don't think I'll need this game since GT5 seems to contain ALOT of Ferraris. GT5 will probably have 10 times better graphics and physics as well :sly:

EDIT: looks great thoguh!

The engine seems to lack some detail, especially when compared to GT5P's graphics.

Sadly since the big delay of this game it's not as interesting anymore. Maybe a later buy, but I won't pre-order it.

Yeah it really needed to come out months ago and as for real damage I bet it wont.... it will probably be Pro Sreet's idea of real damage! :ill:

Also about this one car thing working for F355 challenge, thats was a LONG time ago... people expect so much more than great realism with just one car these days... plus the devs have promised loads of cars and I haven't seen any other than the F430 so I hope they deliver...

Gosh I know its not directly supposed to compete with GT5P but on the street it will have to and I know which one people will buy...

Oh and a bigger problem... £20 for like 60 cars and £40 for 1...... not a great selling point!

Robin

This game has sold it's copy to me already. After watching the "Teaser" at system3's website, i really dont care how many cars there are in this game. (I am sure there's more than 1, but yeah, as we havent seen it, we dont believe it.). Most of the tracks listed are what I love. Eau Rouge in Rain at full speed!!!!!! Damn, am excited...

That teaser tells me a lot though (and pushes my expectations even further). The Floating leaf / leaves over the thin layer of water above the track, the wiper sound, the GTR-esque feel n lighting to the entire track, and most of all, the Rain! That seems as if it's coming right from the CRYTEK engine (or whatever engine FarCry2 is using). Trust me, the rain in far cry 2 is even better than in real life and this matches that very closely.
So the attention to detail is enormous, judging by the teaser.. and that makes me beg to the developers to have realtime damage and tyre/fuel wear AND dynamic weather system.

But in anycase, I am buying this (and ALSO GT5: P , yet again in English :( )..

This game over PS3 will have around 40 cars from 1947 to the present day. Plus packs of 3 to 5 cars as DLC over the PSN-STORE. At day one we will see the Monaco Track as DLC but later on a new one will show up: Le Mans.

Weather will be changeable during racing and cars suffer damage both visual and performance related (switchable).

Ferrari F430 Challenge
Ferrari FXX
Ferrari 360 Challenge
Ferrari F355 Challenge (1996)
Ferrari 348 Challenge (1992)
Ferrari 333 SP (1993/2000)
Ferrari 512S LM (1970)
Ferrari 250 LM (1962)
Ferrari 250 GTO (1962)
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa (1958)

So far those were the cars i saw over in-game pictures.

Amar, do you think there will be any chance of a PSN demo?

I reckon with it being delayed so heavily they wont even have time to do one but I would love to try before I buy!

Amar, do you think there will be any chance of a PSN demo?

I reckon with it being delayed so heavily they wont even have time to do one but I would love to try before I buy!

Same, I don't think I'll even consider buying this game unless I can play it before buying.

This game over PS3 will have around 40 cars from 1947 to the present day. Plus packs of 3 to 5 cars as DLC over the PSN-STORE. At day one we will see the Monaco Track as DLC but later on a new one will show up: Le Mans.

Weather will be changeable during racing and cars suffer damage both visual and performance related (switchable).

Ferrari F430 Challenge
Ferrari FXX
Ferrari 360 Challenge
Ferrari 512S LM (1970)
Ferrari 250 LM (1962)
Ferrari 250 GTO (1962)

So far those were the cars i saw over in-game pictures.

Thank you "Mekanaizer", for the info!

Dynamic Weather is a very important part of any simulation game that has endurance races. I always miss this when I am playing long races in FM2 on sundays. I hope this is as exciting as it sounds! I still cant get that teaser out of me head! :P

Here are some of the cars:

Ferrari F430 Challenge
Ferrari FXX
Ferrari 360 Challenge
Ferrari 512S LM (1970)
Ferrari 250 LM (1962)
Ferrari 250 GTO (1962)
- Ferrari Dino 246 SP
- Ferrari 308 GT4
- Ferrari Testarossa (the 1984 one)
- Ferrari 195 S
- Ferrari Mondial
- Ferrari 456 GT
- Ferrari F412 GT
- Ferrari 550 Maranello GT

Here is the list of tracks there will be 16:

Monza
Misano
Silverstone
Spa-Francorchamps
Paul Ricard
Hockenheim
Mugello
(Fiorano) (test/tutorial track not a track to race)
Homestead
Infineon Raceway
VIRginia International Raceway
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Mont Tremblant
California Speedway
Laguna Seca
Vallelunga (may be over the game or later as DLC)
Le Mans (may be over the game or later as DLC)

One of this Tracks may be over the game or as DLC:
Vallelunga
Le Mans
New Track that may appear as future DLC:
- Nürburgring (I just hope its the Nordschleife layout of it. Either way I will be happy if its the modern Nürburgring layout.)

The Monaco track will be the first to be as a DLC over the STORE, this track will be over the STORE at day one or later.

From the start there will be around +40 cars from 1947 to the presente day. Plus packs of 3 to 5 cars as DLC over the STORE, System3 goal is to have whole the Ferrari cars ever made over the game.

This game will offer more then GT5P believe me. The online mode is miles better then the GT5P online mode for example. The A.I. is the best and for the first time you can race in single-player mode.

There is a Paint-Customization feature like Forza2 but just a bit weaker.

The game is a Sim once you turn off the driving helps and an sim-arcade with the helps on. Think on Sega's F355 Challenge without driving helps and you have the picture.

There will be a sixaxis feature to raise the driver arm to gesture good or bad moves like raising the arm for a victory or to another driver

And there will be packs of new seasons, 2008 season and later 2009's at least but its not yet a confirmed feature for STORE DLC.

There will be rain too and a bit better then what we saw at Formula One Championship Edition

There will be lots of little extras like when you ran out of track you will bring dirt to the track that will affect the race for every one. And lots of other extras like that....Endurance races... We can look at the sides while racing.

I was told that the game will have mechanical failures.

If you dont have the money for a car you will be able to rent it for a race day/weekend.

Official site (yet to full open):
http://www.system3.com/

This 3 videos are from old builds of the game:
Video 1:
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/ferrari-challenge/videos/g-20070316153840129094/v-20071114173713218060
Video 2:
http://video.m6.fr/players/windows/...stat_client=m6turbo&dart_zone=turbo.fr/essais
Video 3:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/player.php?mode=article&id=1142

This last video is from a almost finished version of the game (preview-copy) and sorry i don't own the video with its original audio any more. If thats what i saw then it will be FANTASTIC and driving the old Ferrari's will be like love. Plus the Ferrari 333 SP is another love driving car for me:
Video 4:
http://www.gameprotv.com/ferrari-challenge-trofeo-pirelli-evento-video-4409.html

We will need credits to repair it so we need to be wise while racing.
And a final end to get some people happy:
670_22095_Ferrari_Challenge.jpg

And a weather screenshot:
9369.jpg

I do think i will have to pick up this game. (unless the reviewers slate it to bits). Simply because i love Ferrari's :)

Can anyone confirm that this game will support 900 degree turns on my wheel and not get locked at 200?

Does anyone here know if this game will support 900 degree turns on my wheel or will it lock it at 200degrees?

Whenever or not it does or not will make or break me buying this game

And a weather screenshot:
9369.jpg

Damn! Earlier in this page I said, I cant wait to Drive Full speed through Eau Rouge, in Rain! And :D That pic made me happy! :)

I have some negative thoughts about it though. From what screens I've seen yet, there are no Marshals or Spectators (not that that's gonna make any difference in my 'should i buy it or not' decision, but still it all adds up to 'fine details'). Or may be marshals only appear when there's a yellow flag or something? (like in GTR, i suppose?).. But thanks anyways.. This is surely shaping up to be a quality release..

@Mekanaizer, great info there, thanks! Watched the preview build video, looks really really good. The rian effect at Silverstone looked stunning and the racing action loks pretty intense.

Back