Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took writers liberties. 'nuff said. S13 chassis is S13 chassis, no matter how you twist it around the pole.

I love this car!:) I had to ajust my braking points with this car. :nervous: the trans was geared right. I hated driving this car at first until I got the points right. turn in was great. I think this car could have used alittle downforce. Overall the car is great. I will be keeping this car and driving this car. Just don't brake and turn Oversteer. you guys are good at what you do.

My apologies, no. I've forgotten it completely. I'll have a GT5P session tomorrow and see. About that Ford, as said, don't expect too much. Lead can't be turned into gold.

But water was turned into wine. Also, stange and BS as it is, put the Ford GT in GT5 on R3 tyres and it may well be the best handing RWD car in there, or at least for the power.

shoman - The R-GT? The brakes indeed are about as effective as trying to stop the wheel with your hand but that's a RUF problem that can't be solved. About the downforce, it certainly would benefit from it but it can't be applied so it's what it is now.

nd 4 holden spd - I don't know if it's that much BS, after all it's a mid engined sports car so it should handle well. Still I don't believe it has anything to say against, for example, the Amuse S2000 GT1.

shoman - The R-GT? The brakes indeed are about as effective as trying to stop the wheel with your hand but that's a RUF problem that can't be solved. About the downforce, it certainly would benefit from it but it can't be applied so it's what it is now.

nd 4 holden spd - I don't know if it's that much BS, after all it's a mid engined sports car so it should handle well. Still I don't believe it has anything to say against, for example, the Amuse S2000 GT1.

right on. It's still a great car and I have fun with it.

Sure it should handle well, real life tests put a Corvette Z06 ahead though.

TRD MR2 SC '86

247 bhp, 304 Nm, 941 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 3.5 / 5.0
Ride Height: 135 / 140
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 5 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -1
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 6 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.703
2nd: 1.921
3rd: 1.509
4th: 1.245
5th: 1.046
6th: 0.901
Final Gear: 3.750

Autoset 8

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Heavily overshadowed by its AE86 cousin, the original MR2 with the AW11 chassis is one of those cars that can do a lot but are never asked to. To change this unfortunate fact we've revived the old glory of this small mid-engined two seater and in close co-operation with TRD it's been transformed quite radically. The model used as a basis was the supercharged G-Limited and its 1600cc twin cam engine. The power was boosted in a sensible fashion to around 250 bhp, enough to make it a serious challenger to the modern sports cars but still mildly enough to keep it from being undrivable in everyday life. The unnecessary carpets and others were disposed with, resulting in a weight loss of about 130 kilograms which doesn't sound like much but it makes the car quite a featherweight with only 941 kg on the scale. The suspension comes from the canned Group B prototype, as does the drivetrain - without the front wheel drive parts, of course. To finish the looks the car is fitted with a racy rear wing which is fully functional unlike the ones you usually see on the riced Civics and the like, and specially colour coded wheels to give the final touch. The mission was a success, the car is modernized without destroying its original feel. It's still the driver's dream twenty-two years after rolling out of the factory.

Reviews:

by EA11R
by mx5_runner_4583
by nd 4 holden spd

Last edited:
that's a nice MR2.., in fact, i have a 10km special lying around in my garage, i might just test that car..,

Actually, I may have a 10km special of that MR2 as well, I'd have to check which model it is. It's very rare you find a car in my garage that hasn't been tuned yet, but I never tuned that one. When I get the PS2 back, I shall have to think about a review.👍

I don't know if the MR2 is that fast if we're talking about fast as an absolute thing but it certainly hits well above its weight on twisty tracks. Winning the Tuning Car Grand Prix is probably possible as it is if the driver is nuts enough (I might be but haven't tried), equip it with some race slicks and the victory is guaranteed. Its Lotus heritage shows through cuite clearly.

I went and checked your GVS lap time and maybe it isn't the fastest devil on the streets but it's not real slow either, much faster than a standard Japanese car in this game under the gentleman's agreement.

NISMO 55OR I must say what a car. this thing is on point. I loved everything about this car:) I have on ? why no LSD? not that the car needs it or anything just wanted to know. keep it up. 👍

Because Autech Stagea is Godzilla with it's nice church dress.. dig deeper and you'll find R33 GT-R's engine and drivetrain from it, which is why it handles as well as it does.

Because Autech Stagea is Godzilla with it's nice church dress.. dig deeper and you'll find R33 GT-R's engine and drivetrain from it, which is why it handles as well as it does.

I knew it had the RB26 in it. it's great handling for as big as it is.

indeed.. who could resist 180mph+ estate that can drift like dream while you take the kids to school?

Ford GT44 Review
The very definition of this car in default settings was understeer. Everything was understeer. And now I know what you meant when it wasn't a perfect transformation. It took an half an hour to even remotely grasp this game again after playing GT5 so much. Due to that and the difficulty of this car ended up giving up on a lap time. To be honest I think you over did the brake balance. It improves turn-in, but the rear slides out way too much and becomes very hard to control. The low speed grip is quite impressive and the car is easy to use there, but at higher speeds, it still understeers a lot. The car is fast I won't deny that, but that's only if you complete the lap. It is also very ignorant, once this car decides what it's doing you won't be able to change its mind. Slides under brakes are almost impossible to catch, and understeer is very hard to bring back in line.
You've done a reasonable job compared to default, but it's still a dunce in MFT clothing.

TRD MR2 SC '86
Hooray, that 10km MR2 I had was this model, and there aren't any dunces this time.:dopey: The stock version was a little too oversteery, but was mostly fine.
The MFT version takes mostly fine and turns it into mostly excellent, and although it is still a bit twitchy at high speeds it's controllable now. The turn-in and strong brakes mean slowing down is never a problem for this car. The car has great grip coming out of corners on WOT, and may even get a little power slide sometimes. The car is pretty responsive, and is easy to correct slides with (slap on weaker tyres and I bet this thing will drift no worries). I think that if the slight twitchiness at high speeds was eliminated with a slightly weaker front downforce this would be right on ball for all-round handling, great setup. 👍

About the GT44, it certainly isn't as good as one might expect. I had to strike a balance between being fast and being drivable, it could certainly be made handle better but it would get slower in the process. The brakes were a compromise as said earlier, stronger front brakes would have made it even harder to turn under braking and that definitely isn't needed. Much of it could be cured with a wing, the rest with R3 tyres, but the counterpart didn't have neither so this one didn't get them either.

The MR2 then, that was a different story altogether. The high speed twitchiness is a feature of the MR2 that I wanted to retain, it's just too much fun to keep pushing it at 160+ km/h, there's more need for countersteering than actual steering and that's what I wanted to keep. It undoubtedly can be made more stable but I didn't want that as it would have ruined the fun in it at all speeds. And, as I found when testing it, it's even faster this way. :D

Chevrolet Corvette SS '96

492 bhp, 655 Nm, 1271 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 120 / 125
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.612
2nd: 1.777
3rd: 1.358
4th: 1.088
5th: 0.908
6th: 0.769
Final Gear: 3.450

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The C4 Corvette generation is seen as something of an in-between seeing that it was preceded by the mighty C3 Stingrays and succeeded by the modern-at-last C5 series. However, it didn't go completely without its bright stars, namely the ZR-1 and the Grand Sport. It's the GS we're attacking today, turning it into an SS aka Super Sport version. Dressed in its bright blue Sunday suit complete with a white tie and black shoes (use your imagination, please) it looks quite striking but we thought that track shoes might fit better and equipped it with shining new white ones. And boy it'll run! Five hundred wild mustangs under the hood will gallop at will and when ordered to turn they won't object. This isn't your ordinary American cruiser, this is a serious sports car. Fully kitted out with the best parts available (the race cams were out of stock) and the handling rivals newer cars easily. If you'll only ever drive one American car in this game, let it be this one. It won't disappoint.

Reviews:

by Adamgp
by Kurei

Last edited:
You sly dog :odd: That's the car I'm going to be releasing today, at least mine is supercharged and yours aspirated.

Good for you that I was aiming at under 500 bhp, otherwise mine would probably have it too. :lol:

It's 1:45 AM here, so I will not write up a full review yet, but here's my main thought on the new MR2 of Greycap: The low-speed handling is sublime, but the downforce at high speed turns it into a super-deathmaker, something a low-power lightwieght shouldn't be.

Why'd you use full front downforce? It's all very worrying to drive.

First, it's a Pro class car so docile handling isn't the first thing to be expected. It was made to be fast. ;)

But to answer the question, because lowering the front downforce causes serious problems at slower speeds. The downforce modelling in GT4 is flawed as it's effective at all speeds, not only the high ones as it should. The amount of the fast corners in which it causes trouble is more than overweighed by the slower ones in which it is a benefit. On GVS there are three fast corners - two in the "over the hump chicane" on the first sector and the last corner - that necessitate some extra carefulness (and that I can all drive through without lifting off myself) but on the other hand there are fourteen slower corners in which it now handles responsively instead of understeering. And it's on the faster side of the scale when all the courses in the game are considered. The car is a compromise as they always are, if it had the lower downforce value I would get several complaints about understeer as it would lose the tremendous turn-in capabilities it has now. And the fun of driving would fly right out of the window in the process. It's a lose-lose situation, no matter how I set it up it won't be good for everyone.

I'll have to try the 'Vette. I got about 50 Grand Sports sitting in my garage. I almost tuned one but selected a ZR-1 instead.

The ZR-1 ends up worse for handling issues, don't know why, I suppose it could be the extra couple hundred kilos :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back