Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
  • 654,910 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if you don't count the transmission, yeah..:sly:

and thanks EA11R for testing the old king! feel free to request a car from me via PM. you know the drill, don't you? ;)
 
Oh good, despite as both releasing the C4 Grand Sport, I just checked for similarities and there are none. They must handle relatively similar though, the extra power mine has gives an extra second on the lap time at GVS.
 
I'm kinda nervous that I'll get e-kickedintheface by Greycap now, though... :scared:
 
No you don't, I think I know what causes your problems.
One must tiptoe around the car at high speed, being sure not to invoke the slightest bit of oversteer, fearing certain death. (...) Either way, high speeds make the car impossible, so that's not very usable.
If the problem is what I think it is, this is normal. I can throw it as much as I want, even initiate a drift coming out of the fourth corner of GVS (the first right of the "hump chicane"), slide it through the following left and do a huge link into the hairpin. The car can do it, you can't. But you will.
It seems to me that this could be remedied by the use of a lower front-downforce value, even if it does reduce the car's responsiveness at low speeds. I would be willing to sacrifice a bit of liveliness for the ability to use the car at speed. I slightly want to lower the power and the gear ratios, and use this car solely for low-speed courses.
If I were you the last thing I'd do would be shortening the gears, the highest power is quite low in the rev range. This one needs to be driven with the torque. It works as a slow track special as it is and should probably be used as one.
Though, it seems that a lot of this is caused by a huge difference in the driving styles of Greycap and I: He is much,much, much, much better at dealing with high-speed oversteer than I am. I also can't use his Nismo 870GT (I think that's what he called it; the production Le Mans thingy) because the braking oversteer kills me every time I try the first turn of GVS.
OK, time to reveal what I believe to be your main problem. If I remember correctly you've converted from a DS2 to a DFP quite recently? Cars like this MR2 are as bad for a wheel learner as a bottle of Jack Daniels is for an alcoholic. High speed oversteer feels impossible to catch but it's perfectly normal. When I begun using the DFP I couldn't drive anything RWD reasonably fast for weeks. It took me several months to get to grips with the wheel well enough to be able to drive cars like this. If you get back to it after, say, four months you'll see it in a very different light.
I've begun using Active Steering recently, in the interest of drifting, but I'm not sure exactly how it affects grip-racing behaviour. Is it what's giving me problems here? I can tell that the G25's extra sensitivity helps Grey detect and kill slight oversteer, of course, but I'm not sure what this does.
It's another driving aid trying to correct the steering angle for you. The problems come when you know exactly what you're doing but the computer still wants to adjust a bit. Hello wall.
 
I knew the instant that I saw myself quoted 4 times in your post, that I was about to get owned. Oh well...

I thought I was well-acclimated enough to the DFP to evaluate cars well enough, and I suppose I'll just have to take your word that the car's not as impossible as it seems now. And, I guess I'll have to turn that active steering off then...
 
Think about it this way, it's not your fault, it's just that you're not far enough in the learning curve yet. It takes time for us all. The twitchier the car, the more challenging (read: impossible) it is to drive with a wheel when you're not fully familiar with it. And the MR2 is a very good example of such a car. One wrong movement and it merges itself with the scenery, and those wrong movements are very easy to do when still learning. I think this might be the first car that needs its classification to be actually raised... Expert isn't too far away and it would give the correct picture of it.
 
I just got the DFP and I am learnig to drive all over again but it is fun to learn things like you said in the above posts. (i am 54 and still leaning.)
 
Playing with a wheel is a never ending learning process, I have it very well down now myself but still find new things, small but anyway, every now and then. That's the good thing in the GT games, you can always get better.

I think it's also time for a News Flash, we haven't had those for a while.

We've recently acquired two guaranteed head turners with high cylinder counts, one coming from the country of the finest V12 ever made and the other from its old rival from the same time. Lots of sheet metal, lots of weight and lots of power will be the magical combination when this duo rolls out of the workshop.
 
Aston Martin? But who would be competitor?
 
Hmm... Aston Vanquish or V8 Vantage vs BMW M5, M-B SL65, or M-B SLR McLaren?
 
^He said 'high cylinder count,' so my money's on Vanquish. BMW M5 sounds right, though. But, I'm agreeing with you, so you must be wrong. Better luck next time!

;)
 
Wait, finest V12 ever made must be Italy, so what about the Zonda?
 
or the VW thing....lol
 
The Cizeta V16T has a V16. ;)
 
Hey all, finally have some time to devote to GT4 again, thought I'd drop in and see how the Hallmark of Tuners are doing... apparently well! Keep it up guys 👍

This mystery dodecacylindric monster ought to be interesting!
 
indeed it is,, actually, both of them will be.
 
Audi Le Mans Quattro?? that car has a V10..,
 
...and it has been released by me. Actually more than six months ago, under the name ABT Le Mans Quattro.

The guesses have been good this far, both cars have already been mentioned more or less specifically. Knowing my background gives good insight to the tips. 👍
 
...and it has been released by me. Actually more than six months ago, under the name ABT Le Mans Quattro.

The guesses have been good this far, both cars have already been mentioned more or less specifically. Knowing my background gives good insight to the tips. 👍

oh i see.., so my guess doesn't count..,

so, what leaves now are:

Aston Martin Vanquish
Cizeta V16
Pagani Zonda
VW Nardo


i'm guessing a MB SL 65 AMG..,
 
No, trust me, it's definitely British.

Oh well let's see,
Lambo Murcielago
Enzo Ferrari
Zonda (although engine is german)
Did I miss something? What British V12s beat those?;)
 
the greatest v12 is in mclaren f1.that is bmw 6.1l engine which was constructed especially for that car.so probably one car is from germany and the second one from uk.
btw. hello to everyone
 
Rolls Royce Merlin. As a national of the Commonwealth you should know its importance.

Sounds like a tubby luxury liner headed the same way as the Titanic to me.

Edit: 12345ivo is right about the F1 McLaren though.
 
splat.gif
OK, there's some need for enlightenment.

Not a tubby luxury liner, but the most important aero engine of the 20th century. The very same engine which powered such icons of the free world as Lancasters, Mustangs and Spitfires, all of which were also flown by Australians. Designed in the late thirties it featured advanced technical details that still aren't found in road engines all over the world, such as *cough* overhead camshafts driving *coughcough* four valves per cylinder. And there's still not a single engine in this world that sounds as good as the Merlin.
 
Rolls Royce Merlin. As a national of the Commonwealth you should know its importance.

Not to mention they put a Merlin in a car in Australia and got it road registered...

55proj103_4.jpg


55proj103_1.jpg


55proj103_3.jpg


55proj103_2.jpg
 
see us aussies cram stuff where it shouldnt be :sly:
 
Is it just me, or does that sound very, very wrong?
 
Is it just me, or does that sound very, very wrong?

It's only sounds wrong to someone looking for that kind of indecency. Is there something you wanted to tell us RJ?:p
 
Funny, because I never took it that way.

I was thinking about what most likely happens between you and your Holden's tailpipe. And we needn't disgust MFT's customers with that. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back