Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
C4 ZR1 handles extremely well despite outdated suspension. Maybe Lotus did more than just cylinder heads for it?:sly:

Oh really? Me and CLS did this a long time ago. The GS handles better than the ZR1 in this game. The GS also runs better lap times with over 50hp less.

My opinion of the Corvettes is something of a cross between the ones of you two. I admit that the ZR-1 handles very well for an American car, but the Grand Sport is better still and a truly great handler. It's most certainly the weight that plays against the ZR-1.

They do all their testing/tuning at GVS.
Wrong, actually very wrong. We do the final hotlaps on GVS, yes, but the cars aren't completely tuned there. Take my Starlet, it was entirely built on Autumn Ring. Or Leonidae's 120i, it was built on the Nürburgring. Or the two rally specials that never even saw a full tarmac course. Doing all tuning on one track wouldn't do much good for the overall quality of the cars.

Wrong, actually very wrong. We do the final hotlaps on GVS, yes, but the cars aren't completely tuned there. Take my Starlet, it was entirely built on Autumn Ring. Or Leonidae's 120i, it was built on the Nürburgring. Or the two rally specials that never even saw a full tarmac course. Doing all tuning on one track wouldn't do much good for the overall quality of the cars.

I was just wondering they handle good at all of the tracks that I have taken them to.👍

That's what they should do and it's good to hear that they're performing as expected. The setups should suit most courses, the biggest exceptions being the old full straight la Sarthe, the Test Course and perhaps the Motorland as all of these need course specific gearbox setups and we're aiming for all-round tuning. 👍

and today I shall release my car that has really unusual charasteristics for what it is. long wheelbase, 6-cylinder engine and plenty of speed and acceleration.. and hard to keep from kicking it's tail out.

and today I shall release my car that has really unusual charasteristics for what it is. long wheelbase, 6-cylinder engine and plenty of speed and acceleration.. and hard to keep from kicking it's tail out.

An FPV F6 Typhoon?

We already have a BTR, the CTR is just about the less capable version of it when tuned as it can't have downforce. And RUF's hardly have long wheelbases. Oh well, I'm just about to go and drive the lap time for the new release so you should see it relatively soon.

I thought it was the RGT you guys had, not the BTR. Ohwell.

As for long wheelbase, maybe the Crossfire?? :dunce: I'm stumped now. :)

one of you guys got close ;) keep guessing.. I still need to take the photos. it also does 1/4mile in 12.3s, maybe slightly less if you manage to guide over 500nm of torque to the road..

If he does a G35... Grr.. I've wanted to do one, but never have.

But wait, that's a VQ V6...

That, and it doesn't qualify as LWB.

R33 LM road car, but again, not LWB...

Greycap-

I printed out your setup for your Corvette GS, and noticed what looked to be a misprint.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.612
2nd: 1.777
3rd: 1.358
4th: 1.088
5th: 0.908
6th: 0.769
Final Gear: 3.450

Autoset 3.450

What should the autoset be for the tranny? I just want to build it correctly.

Nismo Skyline 350GT-8'02

479 bhp, 584 Nm, 1286 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 5.0
Ride Height: 110 / 140
Bound: 2 / 2
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 1.5 / 1.3
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 2 / 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 12

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Nissan Japan noticed some time ago that the outdated Nissan Skyline sedan was falling back in the sales volume. In order to repair the situation, Nissan released some computer renderings of a new, sportier version of this reasonable and boring executive-level sedan. Nissan promised improved performance and better handling, but thanks to some communication error between Nissan and their in-house tuner arm Nismo, the result was closer to a racecar. Using the 8-speed 350GT-8 model as base, Nismo upgraded the chassis, suspension and engine to GT500-level, while keeping four seats ( made out of dry carbonfiber ). They had to leave the wing out since the GT500 R35 GT-R's had emptied their storage of those, so they had to do away with the undercarriage trickery. Thus, this is a seriously fun and fast machine, that will soon teach you to handle it with care.

Oh yeah, the top speed is 318km/h and 1/4mile is done in ~12.3 seconds when you get it right. Have fun!

Corvette Grand Sport Review

nd 4 holden spd has some work to do to improve upon this car. It seems to fit my driving style almost perfectly. Gearing is just about perfect and with almost 500hp it pulls hard all the way to the 6th gear limiter. Handling is great, nice turn in with some mild understeer mid corner, easily corrected by a quick punch on the accelerator to swing the back end around. Exiting corners some throttle modulation is needed to keep from lighting up the rear tires but otherwise sweet car. 👍

I give it a 9.5/10

A bit more on the AW11 MR2: When going around the track with stock settings, the car feels very light and floaty. Combine that with the MR layout and the short-wheelbase, lightweight layout, and the result is that the car never actually feels under control. There's huge oversteer, and reasonable cornering pace, but there's nothing to really enjoy here, because there's no ability to be precise and composed while cornering.

When tuned, the car suddenly flies through low-speed (well,it's technically 'tight') corners with astonishing poise and swiftness. Upon the first corner of GVS, where one must brake at high speed while turning, the car shows a good measure of instability under braking, but that is to be expected of such a car, and it's a controllable tendency. It turns in with eagerness, and maintains a perfectly controlled and constant small angle of oversteer through the corner, exiting at the pace of heroes. The light, controllable, and consistent oversteer through any small, low-speed corner makes this thing absolutely joyous in the twisties, threading through the technical section of GVS with perfectly stunning grace. It moves naturally through the decreasing-radius corner with just light braking, but then transitions seamlessly into the increasing-radius switchback just afterwards. As the speeds rise, though, the car's oversteer becomes more prominent and its accelerative ability decreases. When thrown too enthusiatically into a high-speed turn, it slows to a snail's pace, then spins or runs off the road in the opposite direction. One must tiptoe around the car at high speed, being sure not to invoke the slightest bit of oversteer, fearing certain death. As Jeremy Clarkson said of the LP640, "You can't drive it at the limit, or anywhere near the limit, because exceeding it even by 1 percent means certain death." The top speed of the car iscaught between two philosophies, a setup for GVS-like circuits and Nurburgring-like circuits. It's not really ideal for anywhere, but it is satisfying regardless. Either way, high speeds make the car impossible, so that's not very usable.

It seems to me that this could be remedied by the use of a lower front-downforce value, even if it does reduce the car's responsiveness at low speeds. I would be willing to sacrifice a bit of liveliness for the ability to use the car at speed. I slightly want to lower the power and the gear ratios, and use this car solely for low-speed courses.

To summarize: It's fantastic at low speeds, but the car's severe high-speed handicaps outweigh the car's strength in technical sections by a huge margin. I give it a 6.5/10, because it feels like a great tune ruined by just a few unwise adjustments which demand godly skill. And, I just don't feel that a 250hp Toyota should be so difficult to use. It should be at least reasonably friendly, in my view.

Though, it seems that a lot of this is caused by a huge difference in the driving styles of Greycap and I: He is much,much, much, much better at dealing with high-speed oversteer than I am. I also can't use his Nismo 870GT (I think that's what he called it; the production Le Mans thingy) because the braking oversteer kills me every time I try the first turn of GVS.

I've begun using Active Steering recently, in the interest of drifting, but I'm not sure exactly how it affects grip-racing behaviour. Is it what's giving me problems here? I can tell that the G25's extra sensitivity helps Grey detect and kill slight oversteer, of course, but I'm not sure what this does.

I've also tested Leo's Godzilla R32 GT-R. The car's front wheels always lose grip before the rears, but the impression isn't one of relentless understeer. It feels more like one of forgiving, reassuring stability, making sure that, at speeds unimaginable, that no incidents will occur. It corners with impressive grip, though in an odd fashion. When one lifts the throttle, the car becomes more nimble. I suppose it's lift-oversteer, but no angle of drift is noticable at all. When either brakes or throttle are applied, the car pushes noticably more wide again, and this means that interesting cornering rythms must be used when driving the car. But, when it does finally become easy to do, the genius of the thing really begins to show. It leaves JGTC cars behind instantly, and a boxy, six-cylinder car from the late 80s becomes a jet-fighter (except, not as slow...). It truly remains completely composed, even when airborne, at mach speed. It is perfectly safe at all times, but there is no feeling of understeer. Ever.

I can't possibly imagine when I'll need such an unusually fast production car, but I love it nonetheless. I shall give it a 10/10! Well done, good sir!

Thinking back to my silent test of the Grim R34per, the only thing I find remarkable about that car versus this one is the laughable ease with which oversteer could be had despite the incredible speed. This is truly an excellent R32, and its smaller size has practical advantages.

yep, a G35 it is.., but it's a sedan though, not a coupe.., so, i will be doing the G35 Coupe!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back