Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for ruining my appetite. :ill: now, why don't you two pervs use your time and effort better and just review a car or two while you're here? 💡

you guys just gave out a good laugh to anyone who reads your posts, :lol:

been busy lately with other matters, haven't got time to drive that AW11.., BTW whose car is that??

Yes, it was my work. Do I really need to buy Premium to get those big bold red letters next to my cars and stop the confusions about which ones are made by me and which by Leonidae? :confused:

Yes, it was my work. Do I really need to buy Premium to get those big bold red letters next to my cars and stop the confusions about which ones are made by me and which by Leonidae? :confused:

pardon, i should have just checked out the post.., :guilty:

You're not the first one to ask, nor the last so nothing serious to worry about. Maybe I should clear the situation in the first post a bit as I'm not sure if it's said anywhere that the poster is always the tuner.

You're not the first one to ask, nor the last so nothing serious to worry about. Maybe I should clear the situation in the first post a bit as I'm not sure if it's said anywhere that the poster is always the tuner.

no need, that's how it goes here always. sorry, but it would feel like i got you in the trouble of clearing it up in the first post. no need, really.., :)

i'll just review your car, but not today, my brother went to his friend's house to play with his high school buddies, he brought the memory card to "show off" his custom characters in Soul Calibur III. in that case, i can't play GT4 right now :grumpy:..,

BMW M5 CSL

595 bhp, 602 Nm, 1423 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 1
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 100 / 130
Bound: 2 / 6
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 1 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.845
2nd: 2.683
3rd: 2.035
4th: 1.635
5th: 1.375
6th: 1.160
7th: 1.001
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 13
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

It started out as regular, lumpy and overweight four-door sedan from German manufacturer called Bayerische MotorWerke, BMW for short. Over the months, more powerful engines were introduced in the lineup, until 2005, the really hairy barbarian was awakened from its slumber. But despite having a big, naturally aspirated 500bhp V-10 that sounded like Stuka-bomber from WWII and tricky tranny with more settings than F-15 air superiority fighter, something was missing. BMW listened local tuner garages, but their pimped out gangster dreams didn't fit BMW's image. Finally, they got a simple CGI of their beloved M5's ultimate version from small tuner company called MFT. Their idea basically followed the lines of the smaller M3 CSL. Less weight, more body control, small bump in the power. well, it looked small on paper, but 90 extra horses hurled the 300kg lighter behemoth around MFT's test track in 1'52, which was 1 full second faster than 700bhp RUF BTR that weighed 400kg less..

90 extra horses hurled the 300kg lighter behemoth around MFT's test track in 1'52, which was 1 full second faster than 700bhp RUF BTR that weighed 400kg less..

A 1:53 is about right for an S3'd BTR just because it can't stop.

However, the listing for Blackbird is a 1:43.

So, the question is: Did you mix up the 1:43 for a 1:53, or do you have an S3 version of Blackbird that happens to run 1:53?

Just curious.

Actually I don't doubt that 1'53 too heavily even if it is a mistake, a wingless BTR on S3 tyres would reach about that time. The RGT clocked 1'55 and it's a much better handler, the extra power of the BTR would make up for the handling and give it a slight edge.

But if you think the 1'52 is fast for a car with 595 bhp and 1423 kg, wait until you see mine that has around 20 bhp less, 100 kg more, and still shaves tenths off the BMW.

congrats leonidae the m5 was just what i was looking for ,the handeling was super the seven speed throwed me off alittle ,cornering is perfect brakes are just are just the way i like them .i took it out on gvs turned some good times with it my first lap was 1:50.976 2nd was 1:53 3rd a 1:52 on on s3s thanks for a great ride

Aston Martin Vanquish GT '04

579 bhp, 663 Nm, 1523 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 1
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 12.0 / 10.0
Ride Height: 100 / 105
Bound: 5 / 5
Rebound: 10 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.106
2nd: 2.102
3rd: 1.612
4th: 1.293
5th: 1.064
6th: 0.900
Final Gear: 3.600

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Every time I hear the words "Grand Tourer" there's only one type of car in one type of image that springs into mind. It's one of those big Aston Martins zooming past small villages in the countryside.

Against that background my good mood is well explained as the target for the past week has been the used-to-be flagship of Aston Martin, the formidable Vanquish with its huge V12 powerplant. There's no doubting this car is fast as it is but there's also no doubting it can be made faster still. Following the path of the Ferrari-beating DBR9 this big chunk of British quality steel was given a thorough overhauling making it one of the best GT cars on the streets. We ordered a Le Mans spec suspension kit for it and the guys at AM said that it'd probably handle brilliantly right out of the box. They were exactly right. We decided to do some modifications of our own though, that's where the uniqueness and fun lies and it also improved the handling on the extreme limits. To help propelling the immense weight around the engine went through an extensive rebuild program and received a couple of new parts in the process, the power being increased by almost a hundred horses. But there's still something needed between a good engine and a good suspension so the factory racing team guys delivered a racing drivetrain for us and that was what finally harnessed all the potential of the powerhouse. As the final touches some extra weight was stripped off this morning, new wheels with trackday tyres fitted and the car rolled out of the workshop. Ferrari can keep all their 612's, they have nothing to say to this British aristocrat.

Reviews:

by DuoMaxwell
by Kurei

Last edited:
this is what i have to say about Greycap's Vanquish:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool:

*edit - i like the rims, black blends in with green.., :drool:

The entire car feels like it's blending with the track at speed, one of the most stable cars I've ever built and still very nimble for its size. And the photos turned out really well.

Now, could someone test it...?

I would, however I have 4 words as to why I can't

College Prep and School :indiff:

Once I'm settled at College though, I may have a chance if everything falls through

just wanted to thank you guys atMFT garage i tried on midfield perfect handeling good speed i got it down to a 1:12.987 on s3 tires gvs was a 1:51.740 and on midfield i got a 1:12.987 , not to bad for a DS controller thank again

I seriously think we now have a problem at hand. People keep avoiding posting here but spend a lot of time in the competitors' garages. It's not that directly what drives me to write this though, it's the will to know what causes it. Someone, tell us what's the reason. What do we do wrong that the others do right? And please don't tell me it's a conspiracy to get us out of the business, you know that wouldn't work anyway. It would only make us even more mad.

I'd figure that people are more interested in the new upstarts for whatever given reason; it's not just MFT that's suffering. Aussie Tuners and RCV haven't had piddly happening either.

Then again, it could be that people are looking away because the product base lacks something. What that something is... Well, I'm clueless. Could be that the vehicles that us older garages produce tend to be somewhat expensive to build and the builds themselves are played out. Not the cars, the builds. A fresh take on an overplayed car may be what people are looking for over an old take on an oddball or diamond in the rough.

I don't know. It does seem that the newer garages don't use the same approach to tuning, and that may be a good thing for business.

Hell, I rarely want to release a car no matter how good it is, just because I almost already know that nobody's going to drive it unless it's for a tuner challenge. :indiff:

~Kyle

I seriously think we now have a problem at hand. People keep avoiding posting here but spend a lot of time in the competitors' garages. It's not that directly what drives me to write this though, it's the will to know what causes it. Someone, tell us what's the reason. What do we do wrong that the others do right? And please don't tell me it's a conspiracy to get us out of the business, you know that wouldn't work anyway. It would only make us even more mad.

nothing is wrong! there are more garage's now. You guys bring your A game with every tune, but when there is a lot more garage's everybody wants to try them out. You guy's have been here along time. Now there freshness, coming from other garage's too.

To quote myself when I spoke of the lack of judges for the oldest TCV2 Division,

Okay, this kinda sucks.

Let's use a car I found fascinating, but never really got around to testing:

TRD Starlet Glanza V

Upon the initial drive of the tune, it felt... rubbish. That's the only word for it. It had huge forward tilt under braking, didn't get through corners with any trace of dignity or pace, and spun out easily on straightaways (somehow). But, as one drives it further and adapts to the car, it all begins to feel eerily similar to the Renault Clio Sport 2.0 of Greycap's creation: It reacts the way it is driven. That is to say, if you drive it like an idiot, it reacts just the same. But, if you drive it well, and subconsciously adapt to the car's tendencies just perfectly, you find yourself cleanly going at high speeds, indeed. The braking distances are insanely short, so the proper procedure is, as a Car and Driver editor once put it, "Wait till you see God, then brake." Or, better yet, one of his friends modified that creed a little: "Wait till you see God, count to three, then brake." Sound about right, for this superlight car with strong brake settings. Once you moderate the steering to compensate for the trail-braking oversteer, you either (A) wait a bit, mash the throttle, and somehow make a fool of yourself, or (B) carefully and progressively thread the throttle downwards as you decrease steering angle, and retain all of your grip by never, ever exceeding it, and get rewarded with a dignified and rapid corner exit.

The quality seems to be that the camber is the highest it could conceivably be, which means that, until the car is cornering at the absolute limit, it's riding on the corners of its tires and has no grip at all. Any lack of smoothness in driving will wobble it onto and off of the entire contact patch of the camber, making for sloppy, irregular, and slow behaviour when it's driven wrong. It's an ideologically sound prospect: It's bad when driven badly, and good when driven well. But, it takes just a bit too much smoothness to reach the end of the camber roll for my slightly unrefined driving style, and I have issues with consistent corner exits due to, I expect, this exact feature.

It gets a solid 8.75/10 due to its epic braking power and its average everything else (The high handling capabilities and the difficulty of achieving them cancel out in my mind). I'd try out using a bit less camber, but it would feel disrespectful to modify someone else's product without their permission, ecspecially since I may indeed be breaking a delicate balance. I've thought about it, and there actually is a good bit of genius to this setup, but the skill-intensive nature of it means my love for it is well-limited.

Also: I'd want to promise to review Leo's M5 CSL, but it's beginning to seem that anything I promise to review, I don't really review at all. So.

I don't know. But, I've built it and everything! What are those lovely wheels used in the photos? And cool, there's 7 gears! Even if the ratios do seem lopsided...

The wheels can be found from BBS's selection. and thank you for the review and even for the future ones you might or might not do..👍

Rotary Junkie - You might be right. But I really don't want to build an Evo VIII with a sports suspension and a sports exhaust... no matter how much of a new take on an old car it might be. We have to find something else.

shoman - Guess so. What I'm afraid of is that doing our best doesn't seem to be enough, well, that only means that we have to do even better.

EA11R - Ah, the "this thing sucks no matter what" Starlet. It was a tough one to get behaving properly for the reason you mention, it's either on the edge of full grip or slipping hopelessly. Probably totally unsuitable for a DS2 user, built with a G25 and still hard to drive just correctly. I remember trying lower camber, it resulted in the grip being lost in very hard driving so I dropped the idea. All in all it's one more car that follows my "takes a world champion to extract everything" tuning style and that shows. Thanks for the review, you know the drill if you want something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back