Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some good news for the two of you :)

I have moved a few things around time-wise, and I will now have the time to test your (and maybe other's) cars now :crazy:

Expect a review of the BMW and Aston soon 👍

I'd figure that people are more interested in the new upstarts for whatever given reason; it's not just MFT that's suffering. Aussie Tuners and RCV haven't had piddly happening either.

Then again, it could be that people are looking away because the product base lacks something. What that something is... Well, I'm clueless. Could be that the vehicles that us older garages produce tend to be somewhat expensive to build and the builds themselves are played out. Not the cars, the builds. A fresh take on an overplayed car may be what people are looking for over an old take on an oddball or diamond in the rough.

I don't know. It does seem that the newer garages don't use the same approach to tuning, and that may be a good thing for business.

Hell, I rarely want to release a car no matter how good it is, just because I almost already know that nobody's going to drive it unless it's for a tuner challenge. :indiff:

~Kyle

so, what you're saying is, we should sometimes "go with the flow"?? is that it??

Review of the CRX

I though that this was a well balanced car all around. The gear box was near perfect. For what I use it for, it excels. The only thing I changed is the addition of No2 (personal preference). I use this car for fun races at the Capri rally, whenever I have a $$$ crisis. This car travels very well on the coarse. Like I said, the gearbox is near perfect, with each gear seeming to last the right amount of revs. The braking is very well done, and I can brake a lot later than normal, and still not have a wipe-out. The susp. on this car is also very well done, it corners with the greatest of ease. The CRX feels just like what it is, a small FF, but with some power behind it. I find it enjoyable to speed past some bigger cars in a compact hatchback. This car obviously will not be taking on any supercars any time soon, but it gets the job done in style. Great job Leonidae!!! 👍

Greycap: The time on the Vanquish banner is impossible to read as it's in black right where the green fades to black. Only about the top 1/3rd of the time is visible. White font for all of it, perhaps?

Bah, you just have an overly dark screen or something wrong with the contrast, there is no black in the background. #041503 is the darkest background colour. I'll have a look at it.

Ok, Thanks to school I had less time than I planned, but I managed to build and test the M5 today at least, here's my review

I built the car and took it to Special Stage Route 5 (I'm an unorthodox tester, what can I say ? :crazy:) and drove it around for a few laps, afterwords I had an initial impression from the car...

To be honest, it still feels heavy and likes to understeer when applying any amount of throttle (and no I'm not flooring it, I'm just trying to keep my speed up through the corner)

I changed my driving and tried to correct its issues, but they still like to show up on all the S sections at SSR5, and I just started messing around, and eventually threw the car sideways into a corner, and that's when it came alive :scared:

IMG0000-3.jpg

I threw it into the corner, expecting to spin, when some counter is all it took to keep the car sideways, just give it a little gas and those 500+ ponies get your tires spinning easily, and before I knew it, I was drifting in an overweight sedan !, which is how I discoverd there's a trick to finding this car's real potential

Just let off the throttle in the corners, don't brake, do a little flick into the corner to initiate a weight transfer, and then floor and counter, and the car suddenly feels a lot lighter and more responsive, and becomes quite easy to control when drifting, feels almost like the stock version on N2's, which feels quite realistic compared to the other FR's

Im going to say 8/10, Its heavy and understeer-y until you drift it, I'll have the Aston's review tomorrow

Alright, I've built and tested the Vanquish, here's the review

I took the car out to El Capitan, a nice curvy, hilly course to test the car's suspension and power out on, I ran a few laps, found some weak spots, and found other spots its strong in...

Once again, this car feels heavy and like to show a little understeer on sweepers, and over the bumpier area's of the course, the suspension is quite stiff, invoking wheelspin in the rear, and understeer in the front if your not hard enough on the brakes and weight transfering.

However, the car excels on the straights and corner entrance, it pulls like a mother and sounds bada*s at lower revs, and the brakes are very strong, you hit 'em and the car just decel's like crazy, but when you want to get back on the gas mid-corner, the car like's to go off the line with understeer, but if you just wait off on the gas 'till later, and coast through the corner instead, the car becomes obiedient (then again what car doesn't ?, what you gotta do it make it obiedient during throttle application)

I'm going to say an 8/10 as well, heavy, more obiendient than the 'beammer', but annoying to make it so

I'd also just like to add a quick thing about both cars, under race conditions, they are not the greatest rides around, however I've noticed that if you just drive around at more of a cruise pace, they are actually more enjoyable, good cars to cruise the highways in

...if your not hard enough on the brakes and weight transfering.
This is very likely the big thing on this car, like on so many of my creations. It fails to do its job properly unless it's driven to the very limits or then cruised as you say. Give it 99% of effort and it just won't do, give 95% or 100% and it comes alive. Powersliding is possible too, it just takes a second gear corner and belief in the car.

Our next pair is late already but I hope to get at least one of them out either today or tomorrow. Expect a one-make showdown between an older stripped-out model and a newer luxury model.

Hello everybody,

For the last days, i've been trying some setups here, so be prepared for a looooong post, with many reviews.

I will clear things up now : i'm not a hardcore GT4 player. I often play it some days/weeks before it p*sses me off, and then not play it for months. So my driving skills are... well, if you read my reviews, you will instantly tell that they are far from good ^^'
I did the test on Grand Valley Speedway.

And one last thing : i'm not that much into drift. I much prefer grip-driving.

Scooby-Doo
Well, i must say the impreza is a car i like. So i was expecting a really good car out of it.
Well, my expectations might have been too high. Sure, the car is fast, accelerates well, is very stable (in straightaways though). Braking is nice too. But... Well... For me, it doesn't turn the way it should (not sharp enough i think). And corner exits are troublesome. If i accelerate (too soon, or too hard maybe?), it's understeer.
So, for a noob like me, it's far from being a kickass car.

If i had to rate it, then... Well, i would say something like 6.5/10. Faster than the stock car and all, but the steering/handling messes things up.

BMW M5 CSL
Well, why not? But in fact, no.
The car is balanced, well tuned, no problem. But, to drive it, you need to... drift it. As it's not something i really do...

4/10.

Ruf BTR Blackbird
There is not that much to say about it. Awesome. The kind of car you want to tame, because driving it feels awesome. It accelerates, brakes, turns splendidly. It goes really fast as well. Braking at high speed is an issue.
But, well, who cares? Once you see the exit of the corner, just accelerate. The car straighten itself, and flies off the corner. And that's all. Everything that was blocking the way is... way back. No, farther than what you just imagined.

This is a must-have car. 9.5/10

Mazda FD-R
First of all, i didn't use the bathurst. I didn't have the patience to wait for one. So i bought a brand new Spirit R type A. 641hp, 687Nm, 1079kg.

This car is... same as the blackbird. Awesome. It's something like the Japanese Blackbird. It grips, accelerate, goes very well. And this is even far from the truth. It's like a rocket. Each corner comes at an insane speed. And well, with this car, you just keep asking for more of them.

So, same as the blackbird, must-have car. 9.5/10

Alpine A110 Bluebird
Nice one too. You just don't expect that level of performance with a car this old. It's really worth giving it a try.
Easy to drive too.

8.5/10.

Subaru Impreza Frost
Once again, i didn't use the same model as said, but a Coupe R STi (on the pdf, it's said to use a Coupe WRX STi). But well, you get more torque (571Nm).

This car is on the same level of awesomeness as the blackbird and the FD-R.
For me, it's like a dream come true : the ultime impreza.

10/10 (i'm an impreza fanboy)

Ford GT44
Europe has the blackbird. Japan has the FD-R and the Subaru Frost. In a way, we can say USA has a competitor to those cars in this GT44.
It's a car that goes fast, no doubt. Corners can be handled very nicely if it's done the right way. But, there is a HUGE problem with this car. Something called "Brakes".
Straight "oh, nice". Corner "ok... hey, i said brake... What the... ?"
So, if you anticipate, it can be nice. If not, you're screwed.

The driving is a bit challenging (a bit too much for me), so it's 6.5/10.

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS
Not the same one as said, but i didn't want to buy a new one.

So, i said it at the beginning, i'm not into drift.
Well... Except with this car. It doesn't go insanely fast, but it's fun. It makes you feel like you are Keiichi Tsuchiya. Yeah, no kidding.
Might be one of the best stress-reliever car ever.

8.5/10.

Lotus MotorSport Elise 260RS
First car i did when i discovered the topic. And i can't say i regret it.
Well, this car is like the MX-5 above.
Except it's wayyyyy better. Handling is tricky at high speed, but that's not the point.
This car just rocks.

9.5/10.

Toyota Trueno Gr. A
This car is nice to drive. Not a monster like the blackbird, or anything heavily tuned, but still nice. Control of the car is superb.

7/10

Subaru Impreza WRC'99
This Subaru is magnificent when it comes to braking. Even when you think you braked late, in fact, you were early. Still, nice car that does well for it's limited amount of hp.

7.5/10

Opera S2000
Blackbird, FD-R, Frost. Those are monsters, and can be classified as machines for Madmen.
This S2000 is the contrary. Not that it's boring to drive, certainly not.
It's very exciting in the way it's a real sports car. It always grips. It never fails to brake. Never it surprises you with a wild burst of power totally unexpected.
It reacts to your commads like a part of your body.
For the way i like to drive, it's the best car (even if i would prefer a car that behaves like that, but with muuuuch more power), because the only thing i want, is keep pushing harder.
A magnificent work. A true machine for Pilots.

10/10.

Aston Martin Vanquish GT
The way i see it, it seems to be the british M5 CSL.
It's a car that i like, so i was expecting something... else.
But as it is, it doesn't turn, and it brakes from time to time. The best way to fully use it is by drifting i think.
I would like to see a grip version of this car, as i think it could be a good thing (despite the weight).

So, for me, it doesn't deserve more than 4/10.

Sorry if some ratings seems a bit harsh (thinking about the vanquish), but, this is the way I feel about those cars. So please, don't throw anything at me because I didn't like the car you like the most in the whole game ^^'

I'm only replying to the reviews of my cars here, if you wonder why only a few get commented.
Ford GT44
Europe has the blackbird. Japan has the FD-R and the Subaru Frost. In a way, we can say USA has a competitor to those cars in this GT44.
It's a car that goes fast, no doubt. Corners can be handled very nicely if it's done the right way. But, there is a HUGE problem with this car. Something called "Brakes".
Straight "oh, nice". Corner "ok... hey, i said brake... What the... ?"
So, if you anticipate, it can be nice. If not, you're screwed.

The driving is a bit challenging (a bit too much for me), so it's 6.5/10.
Well, this isn't a competitor to the three mentioned to begin with and should not be compared to them on equal terms, probably not at all. It's running on sports tyres and zero downforce while the others have race slicks and lots of downforce. To make it worse it's going faster on the straights than you'd expect. The braking points aren't that bad when you understand the grip available, about half of that of the other three.

The true competitor from the USA is the C740R, and it doesn't leave the others much of a chance. :P

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS
Not the same one as said, but i didn't want to buy a new one.

So, i said it at the beginning, i'm not into drift.
Well... Except with this car. It doesn't go insanely fast, but it's fun. It makes you feel like you are Keiichi Tsuchiya. Yeah, no kidding.
Might be one of the best stress-reliever car ever.

8.5/10.
The odd thing with this one is, it was never meant to be a drifter. It just became one during the tuning process as there isn't enough grip to hold it on the road when the going gets serious. Definitely a very fun car even if I say it myself.

Lotus MotorSport Elise 260RS
First car i did when i discovered the topic. And i can't say i regret it.
Well, this car is like the MX-5 above.
Except it's wayyyyy better. Handling is tricky at high speed, but that's not the point.
This car just rocks.

9.5/10.
Colin Chapman was completely right when he thought that weight is the enemy. Nothing can beat a small mid-engined car in the handling department, and this car proves it. One of my early tunes without much attention nowadays but it's still good.

Aston Martin Vanquish GT
The way i see it, it seems to be the british M5 CSL.
It's a car that i like, so i was expecting something... else.
But as it is, it doesn't turn, and it brakes from time to time. The best way to fully use it is by drifting i think.
I would like to see a grip version of this car, as i think it could be a good thing (despite the weight).

So, for me, it doesn't deserve more than 4/10.
This is the grip version. It certainly turns and brakes, I guess you simply can't (this isn't bashing but an observation) handle the powerful cars on sports tyres well enough yet to see the true quality in them. It certainly doesn't need to be drifted, and I have something to prove it. This video should do. ;) Driven by myself on the day the car was released to the public.

The true competitor from the USA is the C740R, and it doesn't leave the others much of a chance. :P
I will have to try it some time soon then ^^

The odd thing with this one is, it was never meant to be a drifter. It just became one during the tuning process as there isn't enough grip to hold it on the road when the going gets serious. Definitely a very fun car even if I say it myself.
Hopefully, what counts is the result :lol:

One of my early tunes without much attention nowadays but it's still good.
This, is a shame. Lotus are brilliant cars, and this setup unlocks the efficiency and fun hidden in this car.

This is the grip version. It certainly turns and brakes, I guess you simply can't (this isn't bashing but an observation) handle the powerful cars on sports tyres well enough yet to see the true quality in them. It certainly doesn't need to be drifted, and I have something to prove it. This video should do. ;) Driven by myself on the day the car was released to the public.
Oh, okay. Seems like i am far worse than i thought then.
Thanks to the video (which is quite impressive), i've tried it again, but i just can't get it to work properly.
So for this one, let's just say the reviewer sucks ^^

By the way, thanks for your reply Greycap.

Scooby-Doo
Well, i must say the impreza is a car i like. So i was expecting a really good car out of it.
Well, my expectations might have been too high. Sure, the car is fast, accelerates well, is very stable (in straightaways though). Braking is nice too. But... Well... For me, it doesn't turn the way it should (not sharp enough i think). And corner exits are troublesome. If i accelerate (too soon, or too hard maybe?), it's understeer.
So, for a noob like me, it's far from being a kickass car.

If i had to rate it, then... Well, i would say something like 6.5/10. Faster than the stock car and all, but the steering/handling messes things up.

Well, it indeed was hard to tame even for me. I couldn't come up with proper setup so I did the best to strip it from most lethal handling characteristics.

BMW M5 CSL
Well, why not? But in fact, no.
The car is balanced, well tuned, no problem. But, to drive it, you need to... drift it. As it's not something i really do...

4/10.

It's only defence is that huge, fat 4-door saloon body. which means that for boring chassis it's pretty entertaining ride.

Ruf BTR Blackbird
There is not that much to say about it. Awesome. The kind of car you want to tame, because driving it feels awesome. It accelerates, brakes, turns splendidly. It goes really fast as well. Braking at high speed is an issue.
But, well, who cares? Once you see the exit of the corner, just accelerate. The car straighten itself, and flies off the corner. And that's all. Everything that was blocking the way is... way back. No, farther than what you just imagined.

This is a must-have car. 9.5/10

It wouldn't be a Porsche/RUF if it wouldn't have some sort of stability issues.. after all, it's based on old 911 Turbo. :eek:

Mazda FD-R
First of all, i didn't use the bathurst. I didn't have the patience to wait for one. So i bought a brand new Spirit R type A. 641hp, 687Nm, 1079kg.

This car is... same as the blackbird. Awesome. It's something like the Japanese Blackbird. It grips, accelerate, goes very well. And this is even far from the truth. It's like a rocket. Each corner comes at an insane speed. And well, with this car, you just keep asking for more of them.

So, same as the blackbird, must-have car. 9.5/10

I'm glad that you liked it. for a moment when I tuned it, it had some nasty axe-murderer traits, which I managed to dial out.

Alpine A110 Bluebird
Nice one too. You just don't expect that level of performance with a car this old. It's really worth giving it a try.
Easy to drive too.

8.5/10.
well, on few tracks it can keep up cars with nearly twice it's power.. this cars weapon is light weight, and a powerful weapon it is.

Subaru Impreza Frost
Once again, i didn't use the same model as said, but a Coupe R STi (on the pdf, it's said to use a Coupe WRX STi). But well, you get more torque (571Nm).

This car is on the same level of awesomeness as the blackbird and the FD-R.
For me, it's like a dream come true : the ultime impreza.

10/10 (i'm an impreza fanboy)

those two cars are most likely one and same. Anyway, I'm happy that this feisty little coupe impressed you ( bad pun, I know. )

Toyota Trueno Gr. A
This car is nice to drive. Not a monster like the blackbird, or anything heavily tuned, but still nice. Control of the car is superb.

7/10

it better be in control, otherwise you'll break the tofu and Bunta will get mad at you :lol:

Subaru Impreza WRC'99
This Subaru is magnificent when it comes to braking. Even when you think you braked late, in fact, you were early. Still, nice car that does well for it's limited amount of hp.

7.5/10

Ah, this one. it actually gave me an idea to apply rallycar level downforce in some cars, and it did work great. nice grip without sacrificing too much of top end speed.

Opera S2000
Blackbird, FD-R, Frost. Those are monsters, and can be classified as machines for Madmen.
This S2000 is the contrary. Not that it's boring to drive, certainly not.
It's very exciting in the way it's a real sports car. It always grips. It never fails to brake. Never it surprises you with a wild burst of power totally unexpected.
It reacts to your commads like a part of your body.
For the way i like to drive, it's the best car (even if i would prefer a car that behaves like that, but with muuuuch more power), because the only thing i want, is keep pushing harder.
A magnificent work. A true machine for Pilots.

10/10.

Ah, the carbonfiber monster.. this car was indeed fun to drive as long as you maintained control despite cars twitchy and hyperactive nature. No worries about mis-shifting here.. :lol:

Sorry if some ratings seems a bit harsh (thinking about the vanquish), but, this is the way I feel about those cars. So please, don't throw anything at me because I didn't like the car you like the most in the whole game ^^'

It's okay, we know very well that we can't please everyone.. but that doesn't prevent us from trying :D thanks for the massive pile of reviews, feel free to PM request for a custom tune job!👍

Just as I'm looking for something that could maybe get me back into GT4, you two throw out a Vanquish... Hmmm. Fate? ;)

I'm wondering, though: I know this was always meant to be a garage tuning road cars mildly (mostly, anyway hehe) in the power department but massively in the handling area, but what're your thoughts on adding some race cars to the lineup? Something like the Calsonic GT-R32 springs to mind here... :mischievous:

DE

Fate? Personally I don't believe in fate, everything has a reason. No matter how obscure it might be. Go figure...

About the R32 racer, there's something in the pipeline that will seal the storyline of the old hero, and it will mark the end of something else too. Before that the Calsonic may see the light of day too but it's not its time yet. You'll see, I promise.

Haha, well, thinking about it, I'm sure you're right there. Everything's interlinked somehow...

Ah, seems I picked exactly the right time to ask about that, then! I'm quite intruiged, although I'm sure little snippets of information being dropped into posts will keep my appetite sated until you finally release the damn thing ;)

What can I say: Good things come to those who wait, and if anything's going to make me move a desk to within DFP-mounting range of my TV, this is probably it.

DE

Post #2000

With the warmly welcomed help of Sqdn Ldr McKee we've made it to another milestone, it's been quite a long time since the previous one but here we are again. The statistics are coming tomorrow, now it's time to rest for a while. I never believed we'd come this far but the truth beats the fairy tales sometimes.

OK, then the statistics. Compared to the time of the 1000th post.

92 cars - one released in every 3.40 days, down from 52 cars - one released in every 2.65 days
94.000 views - around 300 per day, up from 36.000+ views - around 260 per day
Probably close to a thousand hours of work - used to be hundreds - but it's still worth it!

2000 posts, well I think we know who knows their stuff around here now, don't we ? :sly:

Also, I think I've come up with a build for you two (to try and get rid of some of the built up 'build-tickets' I have, if you catch my drift :crazy:)

How familiar are you guys with the original Trueno from Initial D ? 💡

PM me and we can work out the details

Post #2000

With the warmly welcomed help of Sqdn Ldr McKee we've made it to another milestone, it's been quite a long time since the previous one but here we are again. The statistics are coming tomorrow, now it's time to rest for a while. I never believed we'd come this far but the truth beats the fairy tales sometimes.

Congrats to you, but as the new Holden ad says (currently celebrating Holden's 60th birthday :dopey: ), the moment you start celebrating yourself is the moment you stop trying- so get back to work MFT.:P

look who's talking.. we have our next pair under work already.

I'm working extremly hard at TLD thankyou very much. I typically get an average of 3 customer request tunes going at once, plus running a garage showdown event, plus doing all my normal tunes.:P

Post #2000

congratulations MFT!!! :cheers: what a milestone indeed.., :cheers::)

Congrats to you, but as the new Holden ad says (currently celebrating Holden's 60th birthday :dopey: ), the moment you start celebrating yourself is the moment you stop trying- so get back to work MFT.:P

look who's talking.. we have our next pair under work already.

yeah, just go hang out with your GT5:P buddies and leave us :(.., j/k :D

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII SE '03

581 bhp, 671 Nm, 1198 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
AYC
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 5.5
Ride Height: 115 / 125
Bound: 4 / 5
Rebound: 10 / 9
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.343
2nd: 1.646
3rd: 1.282
4th: 1.050
5th: 0.878
6th: 0.727
Final Gear: 4.100

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 10

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 25

AYC
Active Yaw Control: 80

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Those of you who know what is the Division 1 of the European rallycross championship may notice the similarity of the specs of this car and those of the racers. I've seen those things go and my intention was to make this Evo such a rocket too. The result was quite successful, even without downforce it is fast enough to challenge its old stablemate, our 3000GT-R despite the latter having the advantage of more power and downforce. The build is based on the GSR model but the extensivity of the modifications takes it past the MR and produces a Special Edition, a one-off super Evolution. The car has Ralliart parts applied wherever possible, only the best was good enough. Driving it is easy under all but one circumstance: whatever you do, do not brake when going over a crest. It'll punish immediately.

Reviews:

by mx5_runner_4583
by Nenad
by stidriver

Last edited:
Interesting. It seems nice, but somehow I don't really want to see one of these - such a common tuner car - at MFT. And, this definitely could've been done on S Tires, so I'm slightly sad you didn't. Though, you've already got an Evo on S Tyres, so that niche is full.

And, you know that I now need to test it just to brake while cresting a hill. If you're warning us about it, something epic will happen, and I expect nothing less than my television to swirl around in midair on its power cord and make a spectacular attempt at beheading me.

Or, you know, spin in a manner so pedestrian.

Test Drive: Nismo R13.

I tested this car at the Citi de amalfi (which is mostly a tight touge style track) This car was very driveable and controllable through the ends and bends. If you give it too much throttle in 1st or 2nd gear the rear feels like it wants to kick out but it doesn't 👍 Signs of good track car on street tires.

This gets a 9/10 from me. 👍

btw, after reviews can you still fill out a request for a car to be tuned? I'm thinking the BMW 2002 :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back