Garage Showdowns! Join Discussion to Make Future Events Better!

Great racing guys:tup: đź‘Ť

@ Holden don't sweat it not once did I think that they were intentional

@ Ardius sorry about the incident under the bridge. I dropped into 3rd to let J-Pap past. And my brain automatically told me down 2 gears and accelerate.
Down 2 put me into 1st :dunce:
The first I knew you were there was when I saw a black bonnet emerging through mine.

Showdown 1 Results

On an "If you're not first you're last" basis for simplicity, here are Showdown 1 results.

PAL Race 1:
888 Tuning: 4
The Lion's Den: 0

NTSC Race:
888 Tuning: 2
The Lion's Den: 2

PAL Race 2:
888 Tuning: 1
The Lion's Den: 3

Overall:
888 Tuning: 7
The Lion's Den: 5

Some very close results there, and thanks to everyone for participating. Hopefully we can do this again in the coming weeks, maybe next time TLD will win.:P On the opening post I will put a list of past results linked to posts like this one and a "Vehicle Hall of Fame".

Showdown 1 Results

On an "If you're not first you're last" basis for simplicity, here are Showdown 1 results.

PAL Race 1:
888 Tuning: 4
The Lion's Den: 0

NTSC Race:
888 Tuning: 2
The Lion's Den: 2

PAL Race 2:
888 Tuning: 1
The Lion's Den: 3

Overall:
888 Tuning: 7
The Lion's Den: 5

Some very close results there, and thanks to everyone for participating. Hopefully we can do this again in the coming weeks, maybe next time TLD will win.:P On the opening post I will put a list of past results linked to posts like this one and a "Vehicle Hall of Fame".

Ditto.. thanks all for getting behind this I can only imagine its going to get closer with the next race and hopefully a 3rd tuner involved. Private rooms will make this spectacular : )

888 you really should have won but I would be lying if I said a smile didnt appear on my face when that C4 knocked you off! Also I hope your not mad with the way I kept the inside line into the final turn, I am allowed one move and to stay there aren't I?

Not mad, thats racing :) Not sure if I would have won, the racing in that class is so close and so much can happen on the last lap.. but I for now I will just believe I should have :)

I wouldn't mind getting into tuning myself actually so maybe I should start up a shop too and can go against you guys next round. Still trying to learn everything as tuning in gt5 doesn't quite follow what I've learned in real life.

I do have some great track specific setups (evo x tuned for london and gtr for suzuka) so far.

Did learn some very valuable stuff from you both from this showdown actually.

I wouldn't mind getting into tuning myself actually so maybe I should start up a shop too and can go against you guys next round. Still trying to learn everything as tuning in gt5 doesn't quite follow what I've learned in real life.

I do have some great track specific setups (evo x tuned for london and gtr for suzuka) so far.

Did learn some very valuable stuff from you both from this showdown actually.

Sounds interesting. I'm up to your challenge. I think Dutch Customs would want in too. At this rate we'll need a knockout style tournament. 2 garages vs each other, and the loser gets knocked out and the winner moves to the final to vs the other garage who won their bout. There would be 4 garages at this rate.

I've modified the opening post and deleted all drivers from the lists. Anything in the colour Magenta is a detail to be changed next time. The drivers will need to volunteer again for next time, when we decide what car and track. There is also a vehicle hall of fame for past vehicles used, and a past results section.

Sorry to everyone for not recording the NTSC races, I was recording them but I deleted the first 3 races because I could not keep up, I felt pathetic falling behind even with the help of boost until I saw the throttle problem and I really got mad, and then I crashed in one, and it's not very fun to view a battle from a large distance especially in poor quality.

After alot of frustration I quit recording, and during the fourth and final race my pedals worked right and we battled hard, lead changes happening everywhere, but I didn't record out of frustration thinking the pedals would mess up again.

So when's the next race

Sorry to everyone for not recording the NTSC races, I was recording them but I deleted the first 3 races because I could not keep up, I felt pathetic falling behind even with the help of boost until I saw the throttle problem and I really got mad, and then I crashed in one, and it's not very fun to view a battle from a large distance especially in poor quality.

After alot of frustration I quit recording, and during the fourth and final race my pedals worked right and we battled hard, lead changes happening everywhere, but I didn't record out of frustration thinking the pedals would mess up again.

So when's the next race

Ah well it happens I guess. The next race won't be for a few weeks. First we'll need to decide what car to use (PM me 888 Tuning please), then we'll tune it, then set a date and race.

Ah well it happens I guess. The next race won't be for a few weeks. First we'll need to decide what car to use (PM me 888 Tuning please), then we'll tune it, then set a date and race.

Hope PD doesn't change the PP categories until then because if so there would have to be some adjustments, and private rooms could make this so much better without having to synch everything and racers that are not part of it.

Hope PD doesn't change the PP categories until then because if so there would have to be some adjustments, and private rooms could make this so much better without having to synch everything and racers that are not part of it.

Next time will be a different car, so whatever PP classes there are we'll adapt.:)

sounds you all had some great races! đź‘Ť

Indeed! The result of which is that I'm going to race the Swift quite a bit still at PP500 Suzuka, just for the fun racing. (and of course, the great drive)
Perhaps we could have a regular Swift Cup every week? It was a lot of fun and Id like to do it again, even if its not part of the Tuner Challenge.

Indeed! The result of which is that I'm going to race the Swift quite a bit still at PP500 Suzuka, just for the fun racing. (and of course, the great drive)
Perhaps we could have a regular Swift Cup every week? It was a lot of fun and Id like to do it again, even if its not part of the Tuner Challenge.

When tuning the swift for this race I really had my doubts as to if this car would be worthwhile.. but what a fun car it turned out to be.
The sight of a handful of angry little swifts swarming round the track was rather amusing, and while maybe not the quickest 500PP car, it certainly isnt the slowest and I think surprised more than a few other racers who happened to join our showdown race.

+1 for a Swift Cup

When tuning the swift for this race I really had my doubts as to if this car would be worthwhile.. but what a fun car it turned out to be.
The sight of a handful of angry little swifts swarming round the track was rather amusing, and while maybe not the quickest 500PP car, it certainly isnt the slowest and I think surprised more than a few other racers who happened to join our showdown race.

+1 for a Swift Cup

+1 for the cup thing!!

I have one angry yellow Swift waiting just for that :mischievous:

I'm not organising any Swift Cups. Someone else will need to do that. In the mean time, the vehicle for the next Showdown has been decided. It will either be the BMW 1-Series Coupe, or the Tii version of that same car. And there may be 2 extra garages competing too, meaning a knockout style tournament.:)

I'm not organising any Swift Cups. Someone else will need to do that. In the mean time, the vehicle for the next Showdown has been decided. It will either be the BMW 1-Series Coupe, or the Tii version of that same car. And there may be 2 extra garages competing too, meaning a knockout style tournament.:)

Dont worry, Im already planning on organising the Cup ;)

Great! I'm looking forward to that one! I thought maybe this time there was something with a bit more pedigree ;) like one of the GT Concepts......:nervous:

Anyway, as long as it is a garage showdown I'm in đź‘Ť

I'll drive for TLD as always ;)

Sound Good!! I´m in! Put me in for 888 Tuning, if it´s ok with everyone... We have a triumphant history together... :lol:

-Timppaq

Great! I'm looking forward to that one! I thought maybe this time there was something with a bit more pedigree ;) like one of the GT Concepts......:nervous:

Anyway, as long as it is a garage showdown I'm in đź‘Ť

Im hearing you mate.. loud and clear :)

There are new events coming on Thursday so we will wait until after then to see what we have available then make a call on car, points and track.

Sound Good!! I´m in! Put me in for 888 Tuning, if it´s ok with everyone... We have a triumphant history together... :lol:

-Timppaq

Gladly and happy to have you on board !!

Until then, happy racing !!

In the mean time, the vehicle for the next Showdown has been decided. It will either be the BMW 1-Series Coupe, or the Tii version of that same car. And there may be 2 extra garages competing too, meaning a knockout style tournament.:)

Count me in and just like dobocruiser I'm a TLD sponsored driver :D.

We're not taking entrants yet sorry, and it has been brought to my attention by 888 that the events change on Thursday, so the Bimmer might not be the car.

hi all,
what a bunch of changes we have to deal with.....
This time lets get some muscle cars happening.
Car: Viper SRT/10 (not the tuned one)
Track: Fuji PP600
888 colours: Gun metal grey with white racing stripes .
I have had a good play with this car this arvo and its nice .

Regs,
888 tuning

I'm out, but wait, I run the thread.:rolleyes: I refuse to race on POS sports tyres, cars like my 512BB were already hard enough to drive, and now they want me to get crappier tyres and more power? Worse tyres + more power = Donuts. It's not that I can't race in those conditions (although it would be hard), it's that there's no pleasure in it at all.

Was just having a chat to nd4holdenspd via pm. I'm open to tuning for any category. My personal preference would be 600pp but if its 750pp i'm in regardless.

I'm out, but wait, I run the thread.:rolleyes: I refuse to race on POS sports tyres, cars like my 512BB were already hard enough to drive, and now they want me to get crappier tyres and more power? Worse tyres + more power = Donuts. It's not that I can't race in those conditions (although it would be hard), it's that there's no pleasure in it at all.

Bah.. pick your dummy up :)

You've all been spoilt on the uber grippy slicks for the past month or two.. Go buy yourself a Viper SRT/10 and head out to fuji, it isnt as bad as you think...In fact its very driveable and fast enough without being hard to control.
If no body wants to race in the 600's then second choice is the Ford GT LM Spec II PP 750... either way I dont mind. :grumpy::grumpy:

*sigh* PD has just 🤬 us all over. I'll have a run of your Viper, Fuji might be manageable. I'll come back with my thoughts.

what does dutch customs want to do in light of the new events? We have input so far from the other tuning garages.

Back