Garage Showdowns! Join Discussion to Make Future Events Better!

nd 4 holden spd

(Banned)
GTP_nd4holdenspd
No, another PSN: nd4holdenspd
Greetings racers of GTP and other boards. For those that follow either mine or 888 Tuning's GT5:P Tuning garages you may know we have been planning a showdown of our garages. All in good fun of course. What will happen is, all the participating tuning garages will tune the same car. We will then post a link to our setups in this thread and organise a time and date for an event to take place. As the racers of GTP, you can choose any one of our garages to represent for the event, apply our settings and we will go racing! The more racers the merrier.:)

This time the challenge is the ?. The garages will all tune this car for ?, and post a link to our setups in this thread. Feel free to declare which garage you would like to represent in the race here. Once we have all setups posted, we will arrange a date and time for the race to take place. This may only happen once in a while, so don't miss your chance to be a part of the battle of the tuning garages.👍

Note: Due to driver skill differences I don't expect the winner to always prove who had the better tune, but it's just some fun anyway.:dopey:

Colour Coding: Each Showdown we will ask the racers to buy the cars in the requested colour of their respective tuning garage. This Showdown, ? Just buy a 2nd car if your current one is the wrong colour, tune it up to spec, and sell it again after the Showdown as you will not need it again with future showdowns being different cars and colours. This will help us identify who is who in the race.

Stewards: Dragonistic is currently the race steward for Garage Showdowns. When you see him on track he is there to pose witness to any incidents on track so an un-biased driver can make decisions on rulings.

Garage---------\_________
Garage---------/"""""""""""""|
~~~~~~~~~~~~Division 1 Winner-------------\________Victor
~~~~~~~~~~~~Division 2 Winner-------------/
Garage------------\______|
Garage------------/

Date: ? race 1, division 1 for PAL will take place starting at ? GMT time. That's ? GMT +10. The four races including race 1 are at the following times.
-First race at: ? GMT
-Second race at: ? GMT
-Third race at: ? GMT
-Fourth race at: ? GMT

? race 1, division 2 for PAL will take place at ? GMT, that's ? GMT +10. The four races are at the following time:
-First Race at: ? GMT
-Second Race at: ? GMT
- Third Race at: ? GMT
-Fourth Race at: ? GMT

?, race 1, Finals will take place at ? GMT, that's ? GMT +10. Those four races at:
-First Race at: ? GMT
-Second race at: ? GMT
-Third race at: ? GMT
-Fourth race at: ? GMT

PAL Drivers Race 1
TLD:
nd 4 holden spd

888:
888 Tuning

DC:
NLxAROSA

DRT:
Ravenmaven

Date: The NTSC race will take place at ? American EST time on ?. All 4 garages are in the one race in NTSC for round 1.(No clue how that relates to GMT)
Race 1: ? American EST
Race 2: ? American EST
Race 3: ? American EST
Race 4: ? American EST

The NTSC race, Finals will take place at ? American EST time on ?. (No clue how that relates to GMT) Again, all teams in the one race here.
Race 1: ? American EST
Race 2: ? American EST
Race 3: ? American EST
Race 4: ? American EST

NTSC Drivers:
TLD:

888:

DC:

DRT:
Ravenmaven

Anyone wants to change just let me know.

Past Showdown Results

Showdown 1
Showdown 2​
Showdown 3​
Showdown 4​

Vehicle Hall of Fame

TLD Suzuki Swift Sport Tune
888 Tuning's Suzuki Swift Sport Tune

TLD Dodge Viper SRT10
888 Tuning Viper SRT10
Dutch Customs' Viper SRT10
L-Tune Viper SRT10

The Lion's Den Dodge Viper/Tuned
Dutch Customs Dodge Viper/Tuned
888 Tuning Dodge Viper/Tuned

The Lion's Den Ford GT LM
Digital Racecraft Ford GT LM

Dutch Customs Ford GT LM
888 Tuning Ford GT LM
Thunder & Lightning Tuning's Ford GT LM

Last edited:
Great idea, it could be a once a month event between 2 great tuners. This can be good fun for all GTP members to join in on and even a chance for GTP tuners to give their review of each garages car. I am looking forward to this event starting! :D Hopefully this will be a big hit and get more replies :lol:

Well, I'm down for the TLD tune, but if the 888 tune is lacking drivers I will switch.
Looking forward to this.

I also support the idea of colour coding the tunes....its just a matter of you two agreeing on a colour, lol.

Well as a Holden man I would be red, and he a Ford man be blue. But I have blue cars already, and I just don't think it would be worth the trouble. I like having different colours on my cars. That's why we should just take note of who's driving for who in this thread.

Or we should make the colours anything other than blue and red, although i do honestly believe green cars are unlucky :D

Green cars unlucky? Tell that to the class winning DBR9 at last year's Le Mans 24hr.:D Or the Bentley Speed 8 that won.;) Nah, whatever colour people have is fine by me. I'll post my Suzuki tune tomorrow and then it's up to 888 when we he posts his before we begin. Anyone who will be able to take pics of the finishing order after a race finishes would be greatly appreciated. Memory is not always a reliable thing.

I'm in aswell, if I can cause I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll drive at night almost anytime! I'll be on your team 4 holden, if you want. But who tunes for 888?

Never mind my question, I found 888 tuning!

I might be in as well..! That would be the first time to drive a car tuned by some other than me... Could be fun!! 👍 Weird car though.. :)

I can't I just use both, then tell you which one I think is better? I am very interested in this event, I like testing other competitor setups. Its fun for me.

Where do we show our support for the tuner that we pick?

Right here Earth.. :)

With a bit of luck I will get some time this afternoon to get a tune sorted for this car so we can get this happening..
This really does offer a whole new form of competition within GT5 and is something a little different from what we are used to in the past. I will be really interested to see how this pans out.

TLD's choice in car will make for some really really close racing thats for sure, I have no doubt the cars will return with a little less paint on the doors.

Red V Blue would be good so in an online race you know which car not to ram off the track. :)

Posted a list of drivers racing for who in the first post. This will defo end up being a weekend thang to be sure most divers can actually enter, so it may be next weekend.
I'm going off now to write up a setup sheet and do some tuning ;)

OK, for now the PAL race quota is full. Any more racers and we can organise a 2nd race. (I assume there are only 12 people allowed in 600 PP?). So there are 5 TLD racers and 7 888 racers. This should be an interesting race. What is the likley hood that we all get in the same race if there are 12 of us? I'm going over to TLD to post my tune now, so any drivers with me feel free to get some practice in ;)

Edit: Link is posted to TLD tune in first post of this thread and TLD. Just so you know 888 my car turned out for 499 PP. You can do the same if you wish so there is no grid advantage.

Edit: Link is posted to TLD tune in first post of this thread and TLD. Just so you know 888 my car turned out for 499 PP. You can do the same if you wish so there is no grid advantage.

Thanks mate much appreciated.. should have it up in a few hours time.

Cheers !!

Consider me in on the 888 tuning side, sorry n4spd, but you're a holden supporter so your automatically my mortal enemy!!!!

osg
Consider me in on the 888 tuning side, sorry n4spd, but you're a holden supporter so your automatically my mortal enemy!!!!

Hah hah. Looks like we'll need to sanction a 2nd race. 888 I'll automatically put you in every race on your side so I'll put you in for the 2nd race too.

I believe I will try your tuning nd 4 holden spd. Tell me when and where.

OK, I'll put you on my side in the NTSC race. Where is Suzuka 500 PP in my (or if you're with 888, his) Suzuki Swift. When is as yet undecided. I think it may end up as a Saturday night for me, so Saturday morning for Europeans. A different race is needed for NTSC. I may need you guys to help me figure out the best time.

Night time is the best time. Will we be able to practice before the race? With the setups? Saturday meaning today? For US time or next Sat?

Night time is the best time. Will we be able to practice before the race? With the setups? Saturday meaning today? For US time or next Sat?

I doubt it will be today as 888 hasn't posted his tune yet. How many time zones are in USA? What's the "middle" one? Once the tunes are posted (mine already is, link in 1st post), you can practise all you like before the event is scheduled to begin, whenever that may be.

There are 4 time zones. Since the ONLINE SCHEDULE is set for Eastern Time, I think that would be best. Central time zone is 1 behind Eastern. Mountain is 2 hours behind EST. Pacific is 3 hours behind EST.

I saw that it was posted. :) Great, I will become aquinted with the car. I have one last question..I cant change anything on the tuning can I? lol Say like brake bias, and turning radius? You know driving style adjustments?

Back