The Lion's Den - California Now Released

I time when to lift and when to "throttle-on" as a secondary, but very important means of steering the car. Prefering FR cars, it was a little tricky at first. Once I got the timing right, I could cut inside of the competition very effectively. The car can easily hold wide left at T1 Suzuka, and then cut inside very sharply. This is very effective at avoiding all the T1 wrecks and then getting back into the thick of things where it is safer on the inside of the apex. So long as you do not push too hard, you can go through the entire S-curves with minimal to no braking if nobody is in front of you just by timing the lift offs and the application of the throttle.

Like I said in my NSX-R review, it can be a bear to drive if you switch straight into it after driving another car. Stick with it for a while, learn its traits, and capitalize on them.

PlusP...... thanks very much for that insight into the traits of a MR..... I aim to get some seat time this weekend, whereby i will be exclusively in the NSX to attempt to master it.

Review

I wanted a good tune for the Nissan 350Z so I could have another selection to run in the PP600 Suzuka. nd 4 holden spd recommended this particular version (Amuse/Opera) over the FairladyZ and I must now agree that it was the better choice. Although I believe that the car is impressive overall, I was sadly disappointed to find that it is not capable of being as competitive as I had once hoped. Its competitiveness has nothing to do with the tune. The problems lie mainly in the power and and acceleration at higher speeds.

I started out by going to the PP600 Free Run. I did a few familiarization laps in completely stock form. The car handled remarkably well. My overall impression of the car in its un-tuned state is that it already has good brakes, good turning capabilities, and decent acceleration and top speed. What I liked most was the feel of the car. It felt sturdy, stable, and predictable.

I then changed the power, weight, and gear ratio settings to match the TLD tune and to bring it fully into the PP600 class. I did not change any suspension, alignment, or brake settings. I ran a few more test laps to see how the car handled and ended up with an consistent lap times in the high 2.16's and low 2.17's. The gear ratio was spot on and I experienced minimal gear changes through the important corners.

I then changed the suspension, brake, and alignment settings to fully match the TLD tune. I found that I had a little more grip through the S-curves, turn-in felt slightly improved on a car that already has good turn-in capabilities, and the car stopped a bit quicker. The one thing that stood out most to me was that the rear-end seemed more compliant. I could feel the rear end "following me along" through the corners. Before the tune, I felt like I was kinda "dragging" the rear end. This resulted in less understeer at higher speeds...especially in the Spoon Curve. After the tune was applied, I felt more comfortable pushing the car harder than I could have before. Of all the PP600 cars I drive, I was able to confidently push the 350Z harder than many of my other cars when going into T1, the Degner Curve, the Spoon Curve, and the Casio Triangle. Many cars are certainly capable of taking these areas quite a bit faster, but many also feel like they are more on the limits. The 350Z feels more confident to me...even when near the limit...and that is very important in my book. As a matter of fact, as it is tuned now, I never feel like I am going to lose control with this car. If you want to wipe out, you are going to have to earn it!

With the last of the TLD tweaks, I layed down consistent Free Run laps in the low 2.16's and the high 2.15's. (best run: 2.15.841) I am certain that a little more seat time could easily shave a second or more. The TLD tune did not give me the same, "This is a completely different car now!" feel as past setups. That is not because the setup is not good, but that there was not a whole lot of things that needed to be drastically changed. It was basically a good car to begin with and now it is just that much better.

The 350Z is an extremely fun car to drive. I would say that it is well rounded in the "handling" department. It exclaims confidence. Other cars may brake a little quicker, or navigate through certain corners a little better, or be a little faster, but most aren't going to feel as stable and predictable in as many areas of the track as the 350Z.

My only real complaint is with the power output...and there is nothing that can be done about that. At the start of many races, Tuned Clio's, NSX-R's, and Tuned Evo's pulled a good distance away before T1. Once in the S-curves, the 350Z performed remarkably well and quickly closed the gap. I could hang with those cars up until the hairpin. Once around the hairpin, most cars would pull away fairly quickly. I could briefly catch them at the Spoon, but once we were heading down the straight, all was lost. There is no amount of tuning that could fix this. This problem lies with the car alone. I did try reducing downforce to 0 and increasing the power, but it made no significant difference in acceleration or top speed.

In a later race, I switched to the NSX-R. A GTP member entered the race in an Amuse/Opera 350Z (most likely with your setup) and he was racing quite well through the corners. Once we got to a straight, I quickly overtook him without drafting due in no small part to the superior acceleration and higher speed of the NSX-R. I saw him get smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror...thus confirming to me the unfortunate power issue.

Overall, I would highly recommend this car to just about anyone. Novice drivers will definitely be able to kick out some great and confident lap times. The 350Z is so forgiving and maneuverable that they are sure to have an incident-free race as well. I know that a highly skilled driver could definitely compete well in it. If the car was just a bit more powerful, it would be a top contender in the class. It is definitely competitive and capable of a podium finish if the grid is not full of well driven tuned cars. Hopefully when GT5 is released, we will be able to host races by car make. It would be a blast to run 350Z's as they are so much fun to drive.

Overall, I can easily give this tune a score of 9.5. As I stated earlier, the car handled very well in stock form and TLD setup made it that much better with a few tweaks. No amount of tuning will improve the power output without making major sacrifices in other areas. In my humble opinion, this is as good as the car is going to get and any further tweaking will have minimal overall results for the 350Z in the PP600.

Thanks again to nd 4 holden spd for another awesome setup. 👍

Thanks for the review. You'd probably have to be really aggressive to be successful and overtake in any corner in this car. Which requires skill to do without contact (I wish I didn't make so much contact, I got an aggressive attitude from the Showdown I think hah hah, so I'm toning it down). But defo a car for beginners to RWD. I think I could win any race just about in this car, so anyone wants to challenge me in this car I'm up for it.

Super thread mate, thank you !~
Im gonna try the tuned Z06 and the Ferrari BB
Thanks again.
Hopefully you'll tune an F40 soon, it needs ALOT of work...

Cheers. That Tuned Z06 should be fun for you, but don't mash the throttle.;) If I do an F40 it will be for 650 PP. I tried it in 700 and 750 and there is so much wheelspin it's not even funny. 650 PP is where it might shine, so hopefully when private rooms come we will have the option of choosing our own PP level.

Review: Mine's BNR34

This car is a personal favourite of mine. I had used this car in 750PP Suzuka with my rough tune, and liked it’s power, balance, and willingness to step a tail out if provoked, quite fun in a 4WD car (but we won’t get into the technicalities of torque bias, ATTESA, etc. :P).

So I requested a TLD tune for this car in the hope of gaining some more time with it, against the likes of the TLD Amuse S2000 (another favourite of mine, which will be often compared to in this review), Vipers and Corvettes.

Performance tuning:
As per other TLD tunes, a dramatic weight reduction, sticky tires, aero, and finally a bump in power is certainly the call of the day. Coming under 1200kg with plenty of power on tap makes this GTR wanting nothing in the horsepower/kilowatt department. As said by others before, Mine’s (in real life) tune their cars for linearity of power, and the straight 6 twin turbo in the car delivers this in spades (along with a great soundtrack :D)
Weight reduction and tires speak for themselves.
The bump up in aero has given better high-speed stability, obviously critical through 200R and 130R.

Suspension:
The TLD tune wasn’t dramatically different to my tune in pure numbers, but the complete package has given the car a new feel to myself. Great grip is generated (necessary especially through the S-curves), and near the limit, as stated by the tuner, there is understeer. Though this is not entirely to my taste, it makes the car quite drivable.

Turn in, though not as sharp as the S2000 through a corner such as Degner, is still good considering the comparative weight and size of the R34 GTR.

Exit traction (coming out of Spoon) needs some feathering of the throttle to avoid counter steer and wheel spin, but more attributable to the high power output dictating this. However, compared to high-powered RWD cars, you can essentially floor it past the apex, with the drive from the front pulling you through.

Braking, due to weight, is not as late as the S2000, but still steady and strong.

Gearing:
Personally, I might be tempted to lengthen 3rd a little more, as that is my preferred gear through the S-curves. But no doubt someone with more skill (such as the tuner) will probably find 4th gear will suffice, given the decent low-down torque available as well as being able to carry more speed through the curves that I can (currently :) ). Otherwise, the higher gears are tuned great, especially for the approach to 130R. Low down gears gives plenty of choice for Casio and the hairpin.

Overall:
I find myself thinking I’ll need to take much more time to get accustomed to this tune, but I do see the great potential this car has in the right hands. Funnily enough, my very first run in this car was online, and who should I come up against but Mr TLD himself, in his awesome newly-tuned Corvette/Tuned! Suffice to say, I was smoked, but this has motivated me to extract more out of this car (either that, or I’m jumping across to the Corvette hahah!).
If asked for a rating, I'd give it 8.5/10. Though a competent car (with an incompetent racer!), I've enjoyed the Amuse S2000 more. But more cockpit time with the GTR may change my opinion.

Looking forward to other people’s opinions when this car is released by the great tuner himself. As always, much gratitude is extended towards nd4holdenspd for another top tune :D

You'll get more out of it I'm sure. Bit of a sad compromise between stability and turning radius on that car, it's hard to have both. You could try the Corvette, it only has 370kw but handles great and has a fair mount of torque. And it's extremely light ;) I could re-assess the gears if you like?

god amongst men??? my arse!! :lol::lol:

he should've just given it to me :P j/k Holdenboy, if I get my hands on a PS3 and GT5:P, i'll test out your tunes and do nothing but criticize!! :lol:

j/k mate.., booming business you have here, just wish mine is the same :indiff::)

Hello the Phillipine guy I mentioned.:sly: Nice to have you drop in. I think out of all the GT4 garages yours is one of the most popular at the moment, so chin up, hold in there.

Review
nd 4 holden spd
Dodge Viper/Tuned
(411kw) (775Nm) (1066kg) (749 PP) (Pro Physics)

2008-dodge-viper-srt-10-acr-front-profile.jpg

Description: It might sound like a rotary from the back, but this all American monster is no tin can. With the 411kw, 775Nm V10 pumping away it is incredibly fast. The Viper's engine has a bit of weight to it though making it understeer a little bit. But from being a hard to handle taily car, this has been transformed to compete at a very high level. The looks don't disappoint, and if you listen from the front the engine sounds good. Enjoy this all American Viper.

"Oh my God!!!" that's pretty much all I can say at this point. I have very little experience in the PP700-750. (I usually run in the PP500 and some 600 races.)

...that is until now!!! This car is utterly amazing. I run the Viper with my own tune at Fuji mostly and it does OK. I have occasionally seen it running at Suzuka, but I thought that it would be hard for me to control it at that track as there are a lot of technical corners to navigate and the Viper's massive wheelspin and oversteer is no help in the matter.

Being that I don't run much in the 750 series, I did a few more Free Run laps than normal so I could get the braking and turn-in points down. Most of my PP750 experience is with the S2K and I've never really been comfortable with it. I could never get used to the 7th gear in the S2K and frequently forget to downshift that extra gear. I never liked the way it handled with its near 50/50 weight distribution. The traits of the car never matched well with my driving style.

I figured I needed some training wheels, so I turned on the racing line. On my first run, I braked a little late at T1 and cut the wheel to the right a little harder than normal...expecting the understeer my setup had...and a massive amount of throttle induced oversteer as I tried to correct my mistake. My expectations of what should have happened couldn't have been more wrong!!! The car turned in sharper, but smoother than I expected. I had to make a correction in the middle of trail-braking and I was still able to follow the racing line right out of the apex and into the S-curves. Sweet!!!

The run through the S-curves was not near as dramatic as I would have expected once I realized I needed to keep the corner speeds in check with the powerful Viper. So long as the speed was kept in check and so long as I was careful on the throttle, the entire transition through this section was a pleasant experience. Compared to my ride, I found this Viper had a lot more manners.

The run through Dunlop was pleasant as well...so long as I did not let a rear wheel contact the grass. A situation like that would cause a spin 95% of the time. (I would be reminded of this more than a few times in some online races later this evening. :scared: ) When going through Dunlop towards the Degner Curve, I had a few occasions where the rear end wanted to come out. More times than not, all it took was a quick upshift to make the problem completely disappear. That is no big deal and it is expected of a powerful RWD car with no traction control.

Like the Amuse/Opera 350Z, I felt quite comfortable taking the Degner Curve more aggressively than in other cars. It was rare that I was in a situation that the car wanted to "run out wide". Once again...a pleasant experience. I had to be a little more careful as I downshifted to 2nd and made the hard right. I never went into the sand, but if I did not make the transition properly, I would either 1) get really close to it, or 2) come out pretty far on the inside. If that happened, the rear end would get a little slippery with wheelspin until the tires "caught" and I was on my way.

I have yet to master the braking into the hairpin as a lot of it depends on my entry speed stemming from a good or poor exit from Degner. I am stopping either too short or going a little too far out. I never tanked it though. It is a must that you avoid the grass on the right side when braking for the hairpin or you will overshoot a bit. More times than not, I just brake a little earlier and a little longer so I can get a clean turn. My only gripe about the car lies in this section. Like the NSX-R, I think the shift from 1st to 2nd gear takes an absolute eternity. It is not very apparent until you are in a heated race. There is probably not much that can be done about it tuning-wise, but most cars I raced tonight seemed that they were able to transition into 2nd gear much quicker. It is probably just a trait of the car and my inexperience as I try to negotiate the turn in 1st gear, avoid wheel spin by gently applying the throttle, and upshift. It is a real bummer to do everything right and see the cars ahead out-accelerate you.

The car brakes and turns in like a dream at the Spoon Curve. I caught up to, and cleanly passed a lot of cars there tonight. I even feel like I can get a little more from the car in this corner, but that will take some more wheel time. The gear transitions are very good and the car does not upset easily under braking in this section. The gears run pretty well down the back straight. I raced a Tuned Ford GT and it could overtake me, but the GT can overtake everyone else for that matter...so no biggie. Since no other car in GT5 can hang with a well driven GT LM anyways, it really isn't an issue. I had an S2K catch up to me as well, but I will need some more experience to see if it is all that much faster. Don't expect to touch 6th gear as you'll never need it.

I won every race I entered tonight until drama-kyd came in. He is pretty fast, and usually races in the PP750. He spanked my pretty good most of the time, but I could hang with him if I did not screw up too bad. Due to my inexperience in the series and that I was racing a car I was not very familiar with, I was very pleased at how well I did with this setup.

I never expected the Viper to behave as well as it does. It is going to take a considerable amount of seat time to really get it down, but I am amazed with my initial impression of this car. I hope to find some decent online races so that I can further test the limits "in the real world". Most of the competition tonight was so-so and I spent a lot of time pulling over and waiting for overly aggressive drivers who constantly tanked themselves into the sand. Besides drama-kyd, I never had a really good run to find out how good the car is against the competition. I am particularly interested in how it compares to the Tuned Z06, but I never saw one tonight.

I believe I have a new "daily driver" and I am not letting this baby go for the world. This is by far the most enjoyable tune I have had the pleasure of driving. (I should be in bed right now, but I am going to do a few more laps before my wife wakes up and sees that I haven't been to bed yet. :sly: I am in heaven right now. The Viper feels like a true FR car and it drives like a 5 speed. Whether or not I can compete well in the Viper will not deter me from racing it. I have a newfound interest in the PP750 thanks to this tune.

Pros:
**Great acceleration / top speed
**Turn-in is smooth and sharper than expected. (much better than stock)
**Oversteer and understeer is (under most circumstances) easily correctable.
**Braking is straight and smooth. (trail brake friendly as well)
**Car feels solid and stable over curbing and just about anywhere else on the track.
**Can usually pick the racing line of your choice in many corners.
**Very user-friendly tune - most mistakes will not be fatal
**Generally friendly over curbing.
**Handles T1 Suzuka better and faster than any car I have driven thus far
**Feels better and outperforms many PP600 cars through the corners at even higher speeds!!!
**Performs well when bunched up in traffic.

Cons:
**Wheelspin rears its ugly head and the car gets "squirly" at the worst possible times. (Just gotta be careful on the throttle.)
**Transition from 1st to 2nd gear out of the Hairpin can be costly if your revs fall too low!!!
**Slower through the hairpin than other competitors like the Vette and S2K.
**Curbing occasionally causes wheelspin, but it's not too often.
**Hard to predict when wheelspin is going to appear and/or when it is safe to go full throttle.
**A rear tire touching the grass/sand could spell instant disaster.

Personal Thoughts:
**I race from the Cockpit view and the Viper is very cramped and provides poor visibility imo.
**6th gear is hardly an option at Suzuka. I wish 5th and 6th could have a bit more "punch".
**The Viper feels "bigger" than it really is from inside the cockpit and makes it a little harder to judge how much room you have between you and the car next to you.

I'll do some Free Run laps when I wake up later this afternoon and post some times up. Hopefully some of you Vette drivers can do the same and we can compare notes.

Thanks again nd 4 holden spd for another wicked tune!

Just a quick comment- bought and gave the TLD Corvette/Tuned a crack. Did 2 free-run laps, was shocked (in a good way!), then took it out to 750PP Suzuka. First time out in this car, in a 12 car field, I came first (and I'm no Schumacher either). Need I say more? This car and tune is EPIC

My 2 favourite cars- TLD NSX and now the TLD Corvette.
(nd4holdenspd, not to worry about the Mine's GTR's gearing. I can have a fiddle myself :) )

TLD has single-handedly made GT5P an incredible game for me :D

(BTW crazy-long review above! Will be sure to give the Viper a crack too 👍)

I used TLD BMW M3 & Amuse 350Z yesterday. Both great cars, how do I add to what has already been said ? Both excellent drives. Anyone new to GT should try the Amuse 350Z it is so good to drive, so forgiving and yet as each lap went by I was getting faster. But do not take it for granted, you can get out of shape over the rumbles eg at Spoon if you let your guard down.

I am a 'rhythm' rather than 'smash & grab' type of racer and it was just so easy to get in the groove with both cars.

Then I took out Amuse 2000 GT1 Turbo - man that car is insane. A 2m 4s lap on my first full lap of Suzuka (and I am no racing god). Again, despite all that power, the drive was incredibly smooth. Such wonderful setups. I just cannot add to previous reviews other than to say if you have not tried these cars you are missing out.

:bowdown:

Luckily for you I just finished tuning one for another customer today. It works at Fuji and Suzuka. Also, if you reviewed my Corvette/Tuned then you may be interested that today I gave it an overhaul. 1sec faster at Suzuka, everything is changed just about. I'll put the updated settings in and send you the Viper in 1hr.👍

Edit:
Notice
I have updated the TLD Z06/Tuned. It has gained a full second at Suzuka and even dropped 1 Performance Point so you have a faster car that doesn' get held up by punters much any more.:) I turned out a 2'02.7 lap time at Suzuka with it, and I screwed up the hairpin and ran wide.

Thanks for the Viper update. I havent had a chance to try it out because I've been having so much fun with the re-worked vette. It feels way better. Through the esses it's about 5mph faster than the old one (~74mph vs > 80 mph :dopey:). Also, you can just feather the throttle to takes the esses instead of the brakes. I also have noticed that on Dunlop curve I can get on the throttle sooner without having to worry about losing the rear end. The entry to Degner is a touch faster and less likely to run off. The long sweeper before Spoon is also a lot smoother. I can hold the line quite a bit better without running off to the left or losing the rear end. Going into Spoon, when you get on the brakes, it used to unsettle the car quite a bit, but now there isn't any tendency to have the rear come around slightly. The last corner coming out of the chicane is much better too. I used to have to keep about only half throttle until the straight because the rear would come out way too easily and I'd either spin or lose a ton of speed in a halfway controlled drift. It still has that tendency, but much more controllable. That would be the only corner that I think still could use some improvement (though it may just be the way I take it) It loses some speed (~5-10mph?) in the straights, but that's to be expected because of the extra camber and toe adjustments. Overall the car is much more controllable and drivable. And it's faster where it counts, the curves. The speed it loses on the straights shouldn't affect things too much.

brilliant setup on the PP600 M3. What more to say..the gear ratios are ideal, and the thing handles like glue! You've made me a believer.

Hi Guys,

Just read through this whole thread and its seems holden has some really nice tunes (trying a few out now).

I have just got back from overseas and fired up gt5p to notice that an update has gimped the lotus 111R :( before I left on hols I used it to complete the S-7 event but since the update I am having to push too hard to complete S-10 with it.

What car did you guys use? I've noticed all these tunes are for online with R3 tires etc. I've tried down tuning the GT-R 07 and the mines but the setups don't really work as well without the R3 tires.

Regards Dan,

TLD BMW M3
(310kw) (400Nm) (1588kg) (600 PP) (Pro Physics)

experience_mseries_coupe.jpg

Performance:

Power: 0
Weight: 96%
Tyres: R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-27
Spring Rates: 4/6
Damper: 4/5
Toe: -0.13/+0.05
Camber: 1.0/0.7

Brake Balance: 1/4

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.380
2nd: 2.054
3rd: 1.559
4th: 1.241
5th: 1.034
6th: 0.896
Final: 4.432

Description: There are a lot of nay-sayers out there claiming that the M3 doesn't handle well on GT5. I decided to test it myself and was completely bewildered by the results. It handles great! With the TLD tune applied it is the second fastest car I've ever personally driven in 600 PP, losing only to the NSX Type R. I would happily take this to any race with high expectations of victory, and best part is people expect this car to be slow, so it makes you look like a really good driver even if you aren't. The audio is also something to be proud of in this car, with the V8 pounding away up front. Have fun.

Unbelievable setup nice work on this one. It is now easily one of my favorite cars because of this. I have been doing very well online with the M3 now. I was wondering if you could possibly PM me a setup on a car of your choice for the S1 event, which ever car you believe I would have the best chances of winning with would be great, (currently struggling with this one).

great reviews everyone! 👍

@nd4holdenspd , the 599 for PP650 would be fine ;) 👍

I was testdriving yesterday and setup the 599's power and weight to fit 650PP, I didn't make any changes in suspension or gears, and damn the acceleration in this car is insane, though I think maybe a F430 tunes for 650PP could be better, now that I think of it, as I still have a car I can request, how about the F430 for 6500PP please :D, and then we can compare both of those I hope that the 599 is a public tune so I can test that out too.

Review: Update

nd 4 holden spd
Dodge Viper/Tuned

2008-dodge-viper-srt-10-acr-front-profile.jpg

I finally had a few good races today. I was able to hang with a lot of guys whom I recognized from past races to be really good drivers. With my original tune, I could not keep up. I am pleased with the way this car turned out. holden's setup makes the Viper a real contender at Suzuka.

One quick thing to note: With TC and ASM turned off, a slight bump from another car could send you spinning and this seemed more pronounced than with other cars I have driven. I might have to turn ASM back to "ON" for racing online to be on the safe side.

The only time I really felt threatened was when a Ford GT LM could get me on the straights. Like I stated in my review, there really isn't any other car that can touch a well driven GT LM. That being said, I must conclude that the Viper feels very competitive with just about any other car I have run into thus far.

After I finished racing, I did a few Online Time Trial runs. I was able to knock out a 2.03.044, Ranking in at only #407, I am certainly not the fastest guy on the block. However, I felt it was pretty good. Without this tune, I would not have been able to get more than a 2.05.++.

I saw that the #17 position (the fastest Viper time) on the board was a whopping 1.58.685!!! Too bad I can't see the replay because I would love to study it.

I know that I can make up a lot of time at the hairpin. That is where I am blowing a lot of time. It is slow to turn here at any speed. I wish the car could turn as fast as the NSX-R, but that aint happening with most cars. Although it is probably not the best thing I could do, I was able to shave almost a full second by quickly dropping into 1st as I got to the last part of the Apex's at T1 and Spoon. If I was understeering, the brief drop in gear pointed me right back inside enough to get a better line and accelerate out just a little straighter, sooner, and faster.

I would love to see some TLD tuned Vette times posted as a comparison to TLD Viper times by members of this forum.

The #16 slot, right above the Viper, is a Vette. and it is only a fraction of a second off. It looks like these two cars can run neck and neck.

Review

Nice big review of Tuned Viper

Thanks again nd 4 holden spd for another wicked tune!

A happy customer makes a happy tuner.:) In my hands the Corvette is about 1sec faster around Suzuka, so online boost will fix that easily enough. I'm just getting into 750 again myself, so maybe we will see each other online in that race. I'll be in my Vette or this Viper- I like them both.

Just a quick comment- bought and gave the TLD Corvette/Tuned a crack. Did 2 free-run laps, was shocked (in a good way!), then took it out to 750PP Suzuka. First time out in this car, in a 12 car field, I came first (and I'm no Schumacher either). Need I say more? This car and tune is EPIC

My 2 favourite cars- TLD NSX and now the TLD Corvette.
(nd4holdenspd, not to worry about the Mine's GTR's gearing. I can have a fiddle myself :) )

TLD has single-handedly made GT5P an incredible game for me :D

(BTW crazy-long review above! Will be sure to give the Viper a crack too 👍)

Cheers. When I first entered the world of tuning it made Gran Turismo games that much better and cooler for me, so it's good I've made this game more interesting for you too. Putting more GM cars on the track is a goal of mine too.:D

I used TLD BMW M3 & Amuse 350Z yesterday. Both great cars, how do I add to what has already been said ? Both excellent drives. Anyone new to GT should try the Amuse 350Z it is so good to drive, so forgiving and yet as each lap went by I was getting faster. But do not take it for granted, you can get out of shape over the rumbles eg at Spoon if you let your guard down.

I am a 'rhythm' rather than 'smash & grab' type of racer and it was just so easy to get in the groove with both cars.

Then I took out Amuse 2000 GT1 Turbo - man that car is insane. A 2m 4s lap on my first full lap of Suzuka (and I am no racing god). Again, despite all that power, the drive was incredibly smooth. Such wonderful setups. I just cannot add to previous reviews other than to say if you have not tried these cars you are missing out.

:bowdown:

2mins 4sec aint bad. My best lap in that was in the 2'03s. Thanks for trying those cars out, they are both very nice and easy to drive so I'm glad to you liked them too.

Thanks for the Viper update. I havent had a chance to try it out because I've been having so much fun with the re-worked vette. It feels way better. Through the esses it's about 5mph faster than the old one (~74mph vs > 80 mph :dopey:). Also, you can just feather the throttle to takes the esses instead of the brakes. I also have noticed that on Dunlop curve I can get on the throttle sooner without having to worry about losing the rear end. The entry to Degner is a touch faster and less likely to run off. The long sweeper before Spoon is also a lot smoother. I can hold the line quite a bit better without running off to the left or losing the rear end. Going into Spoon, when you get on the brakes, it used to unsettle the car quite a bit, but now there isn't any tendency to have the rear come around slightly. The last corner coming out of the chicane is much better too. I used to have to keep about only half throttle until the straight because the rear would come out way too easily and I'd either spin or lose a ton of speed in a halfway controlled drift. It still has that tendency, but much more controllable. That would be the only corner that I think still could use some improvement (though it may just be the way I take it) It loses some speed (~5-10mph?) in the straights, but that's to be expected because of the extra camber and toe adjustments. Overall the car is much more controllable and drivable. And it's faster where it counts, the curves. The speed it loses on the straights shouldn't affect things too much.

That corner exiting the final chicane at Suzuka is actually very off camber and downhill, which is what makes it spin the wheels so much in such a high powered RWD car. But otherwise again good to hear that the Corvette has indeed gotten better than before. I had 1 race where I got the lead, and had 2 fast drivers behind me, and even with catch-up present they could not catch me. I won the race by 4sec. I really love my Corvette, and I'm very passionate about it, hence why I wanted to make it better again.:)

brilliant setup on the PP600 M3. What more to say..the gear ratios are ideal, and the thing handles like glue! You've made me a believer.

Excellent stuff. Now all I need to do now is get you to see the light.:sly:

great reviews everyone! 👍

@nd4holdenspd , the 599 for PP650 would be fine ;) 👍

Sure thing, I look forward to this.

Unbelievable setup nice work on this one. It is now easily one of my favorite cars because of this. I have been doing very well online with the M3 now. I was wondering if you could possibly PM me a setup on a car of your choice for the S1 event, which ever car you believe I would have the best chances of winning with would be great, (currently struggling with this one).

S1 is a 630 PP event isn't it? This M3 right here should be good at it, or the Nissan GT-R. (link on opening post, just downgrade the PP for 630)

I was testdriving yesterday and setup the 599's power and weight to fit 650PP, I didn't make any changes in suspension or gears, and damn the acceleration in this car is insane, though I think maybe a F430 tunes for 650PP could be better, now that I think of it, as I still have a car I can request, how about the F430 for 6500PP please :D, and then we can compare both of those I hope that the 599 is a public tune so I can test that out too.

I have an F430 already, it never made TLD yet because it was tuned for max PP (to compete in 700 PP), but that event ended just when I made it. We'll see what the future brings, but for now the 599 is the car to be.

Edit: @ PlusP357, I am almost 100% certain that those top times on the leaderboard are all set in the JP version. Lap times are strangle faster on the JP version than PAL or NTSC. I say this because nearly all of them are Japanese people, and we all know there will be others out there still using the downloaded JP version, and because I pushed my Corette to the outer limits that physics will allow and only got a 2'02.7 lap time. And they think there's another 5sec to be made on that!? Yeah right, and my name is Mark Skaife. Your time in the Viper is very good. I don't remember if I tried very hard, but my time in it was a 2'04.0.

Edit: @ PlusP357, I am almost 100% certain that those top times on the leaderboard are all set in the JP version. Lap times are strangle faster on the JP version than PAL or NTSC. I say this because nearly all of them are Japanese people, and we all know there will be others out there still using the downloaded JP version, and because I pushed my Corette to the outer limits that physics will allow and only got a 2'02.7 lap time. And they think there's another 5sec to be made on that!? Yeah right, and my name is Mark Skaife. Your time in the Viper is very good. I don't remember if I tried very hard, but my time in it was a 2'04.0.

Although I should have been sleeping before work tomorrow (:dopey:), I played around with the RX-7 tonight and realized that I had been exiting the hairpin wrong from day one.

I switched back to the Viper to try it out. Because I was crunched for time, I could not run long enough to beat my original time. However, I did make up the time I was losing at the hairpin. I am now running 2.03's consistently with the occasional 2.04.xx. With a little practice, I think I can knock it down somewhere into the 2.02's but a 2.01.xx would just be insane...for me at least. I would seldom push it that hard in a race. One slip up and I am going to be facing oncoming traffic!!!

I'm definitely going to have to turn off the ghost car. My lap times are so close now that it is a real distraction and frankly, it is scaring the crap out of me when I see it in my mirror. I tend to push a little too hard when I see it getting closer and I am starting to making mistakes because of it.

Once again...awesome tune. 👍

LOL...I had to bring up Wikipedia to see who Mark Skaife was. Hey, give me a break...I'm from Texas.

TLD Dodge Viper/Tuned

tunesheet_2008-dodge-viper-srt.gif

Performance:

Power: +1
Weight: 85%
Downforce: 20/35

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -8/-7
Spring Rates: 6/4
Damper: 4/3
Toe: -0.14/+0.10
Camber: 1.5/1.0

Brake Balance: 1/4

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.206
4th: 0.950
5th: 0.763
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.375

Description: It might sound like a rotary from the back, but this all American monster is no tin can. With the 411kw, 775Nm V10 pumping away it is incredibly fast. The Viper's engine has a bit of weight to it though making it understeer a little bit. But from being a hard to handle taily car, this has been transformed to compete at a very high level. The looks don't disappoint, and if you listen from the front the engine sounds good. Enjoy this all American Viper.

Damn you holden! You wait til I've had my internets confiscated then you go and release a Viper. I'll note this down and give it a go in freerun tho. I love these things almost as much as the Ford GT but so far I haven't been able to get enough speed out mine

Damn you holden! You wait til I've had my internets confiscated then you go and release a Viper. I'll note this down and give it a go in freerun tho. I love these things almost as much as the Ford GT but so far I haven't been able to get enough speed out mine

Confiscated? I hope you get it back soon. There was something I wanted to say.............oh yes. At this rate I will have tuned all the cars in GT5:P before the full game comes out, so don't be surprised if in say a number of months I start doing different tunes of the same car for different tracks, especially one day some touge cars for Eiger. But that's many months away so don't worry. There's also different PP classes before that happens.

Hi Holden-
I believe I posted a review of one of your tunes before but didn't request a car. I might be confusing another thread, and if so I apologize. I also drove your M3 tune last night and I found it to be SUBLIME! It was so stable under braking and through the turns. I even took it to HSR and adjusted the final gear to get some more top speed; when I get home I'll check the numbers and edit the post. Overall excellent work! I sometimes have to adjust the max turn angle to make for a good fit with my wheel controller but this one was spot on "out of the box"

If you're open for requests, I'd love to see a tune for the Art Morrision 'vette. The cockpit view and sounds from this one is so awesome, but it needs some stability. Even better, if you find a combo that works well in both pro and standard physics if possible that would rock. I am just getting up to speed (so to speak) with pro physics and sometimes prefer to race in the intermediate online races on std physics, but if it's a great tune only on pro then I'll be happy to give it a run on the expert races/Pro!

Thanks

Confiscated? I hope you get it back soon.

It's an ongoing argument I have with my ISP. They think I should pay the bill when they send it out. I think I should wait til I get paid first. They cut me off then a few days later I pay the bill and we're happy again for another month.

TLD Chevrolet Corvette Z06/Tuned

Description: The long awaited Tuned Z06 here. What may at first glance look like a fairly conservative tune, I can assure you The Lion's Den has put a lot of time in deciding each and every setting you see above. The result is a car of pure pleasure to drive. It may not grip like a GT-R or brake like a Lotus, but it is certainly a great all-rounder. What was once a taily devil to control is now man's best friend. The tail will still step out, but the threshold of breaking traction has been greatly increased. If the tail does step out these settings also allow it to be brought back in line without much fuss. It's even able to keep pace with the faster AWD cars, a bit of driver skill and it's even faster. It was tuned at Suzuka, the best place for finding faults in a car's handling in the GT5:P scene. Enjoy it as much as I do, and be careful with the throttle.

The description does pretty much some up this car, i didn't have all that long to play with the 'Vette, but 5 laps was plenty enough to realise how good the car is.

There's alot of easy to drive cars and there's alot of fast cars but few fast and easy to drive cars. This is one of those few. I hadn't had much time on GT5P the last few days, so jumping into a new car with an unknown tune felt risky, my feelings were quickly proved wrong. The car appears to be set up primarily for cornering (i knew this from the choice to remove as much weight and increase downforce as much as possible, someones been paying attention to feedback :sly:) and corner it does, brilliantly at that. It feels much different to my usual car for this class, the Amuse S2000, much more conrollable then its japanese rival without being much slower, infact my lap times were only around a second off my normal pace.

I could blabber on like a normally do about how good at everything it is, but i don't have the time. My only worry is that i'm not sure how confidently i could overtake in it in an online environment. Sure its fast, but it has no particular outstanding point on the track (Suzuka) it's almost to good an all rounder i feel. I strongly believe this is just me doubting my own ability rather then doubting the car.
My only other slight criticism, which again is largely opinion, so i wont penalise the cars rating, but being such a good, grippy car, makes it less rewarding to drive. Yes i know the idea is to make it easy to drive, but we all like a challenge.

Either way, this is a fantastic, i can't stress that enough with the time available and for the ease of use combined with a higher then average speed, it deserves its rating and respect.

9/10

S1 is a 630 PP event isn't it? This M3 right here should be good at it, or the Nissan GT-R. (link on opening post, just downgrade the PP for 630)

Yes S1 is a 630 PP event. I have tried this setup on S1 multiple times but it just doesn't seem fast enough, but it handles turns very well.

I know it's been said a million times but the TLD NSX-R is just amazing, just broke my 600PP record at Suzuka with a 2'13.726. It's just the fastest in it's class, fantastic tune! 👍 KUTGW!!

TLD Chevrolet Corvette Z06/Tuned
(370kw) (649Nm) (969kg) (749 PP) (Pro Physics)

C6-R_3.jpg

Performance:

Power: -8
Weight: 85%
Downforce: 20/35

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-8
Spring Rate: 6/4
Damper: 4/5
Toe: -0.18/+0.05
Camber: 2.0/1.0

Brake Balance: 1/5

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.193
4th: 0.936
5th: 0.749
6th: 0.596
Final: 4.500

Description: The long awaited Tuned Z06 here. What may at first glance look like a fairly conservative tune, I can assure you The Lion's Den has put a lot of time in deciding each and every setting you see above. The result is a car of pure pleasure to drive. It may not grip like a GT-R or brake like a Lotus, but it is certainly a great all-rounder. What was once a taily devil to control is now man's best friend. The tail will still step out, but the threshold of breaking traction has been greatly increased. If the tail does step out these settings also allow it to be brought back in line without much fuss. It's even able to keep pace with the faster AWD cars, a bit of driver skill and it's even faster. It was tuned at Suzuka, the best place for finding faults in a car's handling in the GT5:P scene. Enjoy it as much as I do, and be careful with the throttle.
Holden, I have been running all your tunes exclusively and I love them all. I ran you original tuned Vette setup and now have updated to the new one and must say I love it. I run alot of Daytona Speedway and this car is a dream. I have changed the final gearing a little and it is a Rocket. I'm getting ready to to set up my tuned Viper now with your new setup and give it a go. Thanks for all your hard work. It is much appreciated!!!!!! 👍

Hi Holden, used your settings for the TLD Swift 500 Suzuka pro races. Good fun and nice setup 👍
Never drove the car before that time. Im switching gears 3 & 4 a lot though through the esses. What would you advise. 3 seems a bit short and in 4th it drops a bit too low in revs, no grunt.
Hope I explained that well enough....
AMG.

used your settings for the Amuse S2000. My goodness this thing is quick! Accelerates real well and you can drive it to the redline at about 9K. I like how with the s2000 you can accelerate on the turns to the redline. The car picks up fast and accelerates hard through each gear. Good handling with a bit of throttle control. thanx holden for your superb settings! 👍

nd 4 all I have to say is wow! Keep up the good work bro TLD is on top of the world rite now.

Morning TLD I used your tune up fo the EVO X in Saturday's forum race and it was superb:tup:, stacks of grip, no understeer and plenty of acceleration muchly appreciated cheers:)

I was also racing in the Suzuki Swift Sport races last night and again I used your tune up, what a fun and nippy little car, handled like it was on rails.

Another satisfied GTP_'er.

Back