The Lion's Den - California Now Released

nd 4 holden spd

(Banned)
GTP_nd4holdenspd
No, another PSN: nd4holdenspd
The Lion's Den

TLDMGMLayoutcopy.jpg
Special thanks to P3nT4gR4m for the TLD logo​

G'day mate, and welcome to The Lion's Den. For those of you that don't know me I am a tuner from the revered GT4 tuning garage known as Aussie Tuners. As Aussie Tuners will not be opening a new shop until the full GT5 comes out this will be a solo effort on my behalf to bring you, the brave racers of GTP, some solid tunes on a varying range of cars. I emphasise ease of use and good handling in my tunes, which in turn leads to making a car as fast as possible. So please, come in and drive some of my cars, and if you do, please feel free leave a review of how you thought the car handled and how I can make it better (Constructive criticism will help make me a better tuner). As a bonus if you review one of my cars you can request of me to tune a car you want tuned for any specific purpose (bar the F1 car) and I will get the tune to you as soon as possible.
This is all about helping people, giving them good tunes to tackle any race with. Most of my tunes are made primarily for the Suzuka track, gearing may at times need changing for other tracks. Below I will post links to all the setups I post. I will arrange them in 3 lists, one tuned specifically for pro physics, one tuned specifically for standard physics, and one that will work with both pro and standard physics. I will also include a PP stat in the title of each car for reference, how's that for customer service!

List of cars updated after the October update

Standard/Pro Physics Setups:
TLD Alfa Romeo 147, 500 PP
TLD Amuse/Opera 350Z, 699 PP
TLD Audi R8, 699 PP
TLD Ferrari 512BB, 650 PP
TLD Ford Mustang GT HSR Special, 600 PP
TLD Jaguar XK, 597 PP
TLD Lancia Delta HF Integrale, 500 PP
TLD Mazda Atenza, 500 PP Eiger Tougue
TLD Mitsubishi Evo X Eiger Special, 600 PP
TLD Nissan GT-R R34 Eiger Touge, 600 PP
TLD Nissan GT-R R35, 750 PP
TLD Nissan Skyline Sedan, 600 PP
TLD Renault Clio/Tuned, 699 PP
TLD Suzuki Swift Sport, 499 PP
TLD TVR Tamora, 600 PP

Pro Physics Setups:
Blitz Dunlop ER34
TLD AM Corvette Daytona Road, 700 PP
TLD Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, 750 PP
TLD Aston Martin DB9, 700 PP
TLD BMW M3, 600 PP
TLD BMW Z4 London Special, 499 PP
TLD Chevrolet Corvette C6, 600 PP
TLD Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 750 PP
TLD Chevrolet Corvette Z06/Tuned, 749 PP
TLD Chevrolet Corvette/Tuned HSR, 800 PP
TLD Dodge Viper SRT10, 600 PP
TLD Dodge Viper/Tuned, 749 PP
TLD Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, 729 PP
TLD Ferrari California, 650 PP
TLD Ferrari F40 500th Edition
TLD Ford GT, 749 PP
TLD Ford GT LM Spec II, 750 PP
TLD Ford GT LM Spec IV HSR Edition, 800 PP
TLD Honda NSX Type R, 600 PP
TLD Lotus Elise 111R/Tuned, 749 PP
TLD Lotus Evora, 600 PP
TLD Mazda RX-7, 600 PP

List of Customer Request Cars not yet tuned:

Last edited:
TLD Alfa Romeo 147
(167kw) (244Nm) (1088kg) (500 PP) (Standard/Pro Physics)

TLD_tunesheet-alpha.gif

Performace:

Power: +46
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 8/3
Damper: 6/4
Toe: 0/-0.20
Camber: 1.0/0.5

Brake Balance: 3/9

Max Turn Angle: 40

All Driving Aids Turned off, except ABS set on 1 (Driving aids are inevitably up to the driver)

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.280
2nd: 2.128
3rd: 1.544
4th: 1.210
5th: 0.970
Final: 3.867

Description: This was my first car in GT5:P so it's only fitting it is my first published tune as well. The Lion's Den has worked on this car to make it far better than it was before, and although it only has 500 PP it can do pretty well in those races should they return. With the aid of Novitec the car is now putting out more power, and through use of carbon fibre and stripping the interior it weighs less than ever before. Please enjoy my first car as I did.

Last edited:
If you want a Ford GT setup, please review one of my cars first (sorry for the current lineup, more are on the way). 👍 Do a review and I'll be more than happy enough to tune a Ford GT for you.

If you want a Ford GT setup, please review one of my cars first (sorry for the current lineup, more are on the way). 👍 Do a review and I'll be more than happy enough to tune a Ford GT for you.

I second the request for a Ford GT setup. I`d like to try out your Alfa setup and do a review for you,but i don`t have the time or spare cash to buy one on the sole purpose of doing a review. (I think you`ll be getting a lot of requests for the GT :sly:)

TLD Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6)
(430kw) (681Nm) (1207kg) (750 PP) (Pro Physics)

tunesheet-corvette-z06.gif

Performance:

Power: +13
Tyres: R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -12/-10
Spring Rate: 8/5
Damper: 6/2
Toe: -0.10/+0.08
Camber: 1.6/1.2

Brake Balance: 3/5

Driving aids up to driver, tuned and driven with all aids turned off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.180
4th: 0.920
5th: 0.733
6th: 0.596
Final: 4.500

Description: This car is my pride and my passion. The Lion's Den have free'd a few more ponies with a sports ECU and an even more free flowing exhaust. Again this car has been stripped of a lot of unnecessary weight, and a lot of time has gone into making this car easier to use and less ovesteery than before. Now the Z06 is as good as it's meant to be, it is balls of fun, just beware of the punters who can't understand why a Z06 is beating them. (Domb-asses). Have fun!

Last edited:
I second the request for a Ford GT setup. I`d like to try out your Alfa setup and do a review for you,but i don`t have the time or spare cash to buy one on the sole purpose of doing a review. (I think you`ll be getting a lot of requests for the GT :sly:)

Do you have a Z06 instead? :sly:

Top tune here mate - makes it actually fun to drive.

Thankyou, is there anything on the Alfa that needs improving do you think? Perhaps I may need to post an example of a decent review as well from Aussie Tuners. They don't have to be super you-beaut, but some comments on certain aspects of handling, what you did and didn't like etc.

All comments and reviews are welcome guys, even negative ones.

Example Review

Ghost GTO Review:

First off, thanks for giving me an excuse to put another classic GTO in my garage. 👍

I built the car according to your spec sheet and took it to Grand Valley. I don't use this track much, I do most of my tuning at Midfield, Trial Mountain or Deep Forest, so I'd have to learn the track as well as the car.

This cars acceleration impressed me, for a heavy car with under 400hp. Gearing seems perfect for this track. The extreme rear brake bias took some getting used to but once I did it wasn't a problem. Corner entry was pretty good but mild understeer was felt in the middle of the turns, especially the low speed turns. Luckily there is more than enough power so that I could give a quick tap on the gas to break the rear tires loose and swing the back end around, pointing the car in the right direction. On high speed corners (80+ mph) the understeer can be countered by a tap on the brakes to set the nose and make the front end grip. My first hot lap in this car was a 1:13.877, but less than 10 laps later I was running consistent 1:10.xxx's with this beast.

Pro's: Nice gearing, Good power.

Con's: Brakes, probably due to the rear bias. Mild understeer in the middle of turns.

Score: 9/10

Perhaps I may need to post an example of a decent review as well from Aussie Tuners. They don't have to be super you-beaut, but some comments on certain aspects of handling, what you did and didn't like etc.

All comments and reviews are welcome guys, even negative ones.

That review above is a perfect example of a review, they don't always have to be that long but you get the idea. Tuning Garages survive or fail based on whether or not they are getting reviews.

Great Topic! That Alfa is superb to drive! :-)

I hit the 700PP tonight with it on Suzuka, just try my luck ;-)

Tuning on the Integrale would be very welcome to !

The Alfa will get owned in a 700 PP race ;) The Integrale is coming soon, but first I have a Mustang setup for all you guys racing the 600 PP races out there.

TLD Ford Mustang GT HSR Special
(251kw) (456Nm) (1385kg) (600 PP) (Pro/Standard Physics)

tunesheet_mustang-gt-cs.gif

Performance:

Power: +9
Tyres: R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 8/4
Damper: 6/4
Toe: -0.18/-0.2
Camber: 2.8/2.0

Brake Balance: 2/8

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.848
2nd: 1.994
3rd: 1.446
4th: 1.085
5th: 0.826
Final: 3.375

Description: I'll be the first to admit that the Ford Mustang isn't the fastest horse in the stables, but this tune created by The Lion's Den gives it a little extra buck to compete at a slightly more enticing level. The car has gone through numerous tests, and has now been race tested, where it holds its own against other cars. It has a nice growling V8 and muscular style that means it will be an enjoyable drive win or lose. You can bet that The Lion's Den will bring out faster cars in this class in the future though.

Last edited:
Very nice car there, but in "Toe", don't you mean "Toe: 0.18/0.02" Instead of "Toe: 0,18/0.2"?
It understeers way to much when it's 0.18/0.20!

alfa 147 suzuka pro pp700 , finished 10th
alfa 147 suzuka std pp600, finished 3th

I only put the HP to the max

:sly:

setup works like a charm!

In the PP700 in Suzuka a guy in a GTR just could cope with me being faster...hihihi was really fun to see him spin out every time.
In the PP600 race I was up against clios und wrx'es, almost a walk in the park with this setup. Could keep the pressure on the clios but overtaking was just not possible on the straights...Was very fun though!!!

Review of TLD Ford Mustang GT

Being not a major fan of big front engine rwd cars in the past this was fairly uncharted waters for me driving this car. For the purposes of the review I first ran the car around Fuji in standard mode as per specs. and around Suzuka in professional.

Fuji

First taking the car around the track standard but adjusted for 600pp it was a fairly easy car to drive. Since standard is very grippy there wasn't much to complain about the handling as it was hard to even get the car to oversteer. However the gearing was a major flaw. While 1,2,3 all provided good acceleration, gear 4 and above were reminiscent of a bus. With taking 5 laps of the track to familiarise myself with the car, I managed a best time of 1.53.215.

Making all the adjustments in quick tune, I was back on the track. Instantly down the Fuji Straight the car felt so much faster and I watched my ghost vanish into thin air. That was the last I saw of my ghost as i was able to push the Mustang through the turns. During the Large sweep the car felt a little more stable and the gearing and extra stability showed when I clocked a lap in of 1.49.377

Suzuka

This is where I expected the car in standard form to really demonstrate its weaknesses and it was quick to prove me right. Taking the car out for another 5 laps it was at first more of a drift session as the car was quick to oversteer under throttle yet was easy to hold through the corner. Eventually the oversteer proved beneficial as the car would understeer on entry and needed some correction at times. My final lap time was 2.22.544.

Taking the car out with all of the adjustments it was again fast to see the difference. The car was a lot less prone to oversteer but was more prone to understeer upon entry. Overall though the car was easier to accelerate out of the corner and managed to give me a 2.20.480

A definite thumbs up for the Lion's Den's work.

Very nice car there, but in "Toe", don't you mean "Toe: 0.18/0.02" Instead of "Toe: 0,18/0.2"?
It understeers way to much when it's 0.18/0.20!

It's -0.2, does that make more sense?:sly:

alfa 147 suzuka pro pp700 , finished 10th
alfa 147 suzuka std pp600, finished 3th

I only put the HP to the max

:sly:

setup works like a charm!

In the PP700 in Suzuka a guy in a GTR just could cope with me being faster...hihihi was really fun to see him spin out every time.
In the PP600 race I was up against clios und wrx'es, almost a walk in the park with this setup. Could keep the pressure on the clios but overtaking was just not possible on the straights...Was very fun though!!!

Cool, I'm glad it works. How many PP did it get with max power? Ah, I'll find out myself.

Review of TLD Ford Mustang GT

Being not a major fan of big front engine rwd cars in the past this was fairly uncharted waters for me driving this car. For the purposes of the review I first ran the car around Fuji in standard mode as per specs. and around Suzuka in professional.

Fuji

First taking the car around the track standard but adjusted for 600pp it was a fairly easy car to drive. Since standard is very grippy there wasn't much to complain about the handling as it was hard to even get the car to oversteer. However the gearing was a major flaw. While 1,2,3 all provided good acceleration, gear 4 and above were reminiscent of a bus. With taking 5 laps of the track to familiarise myself with the car, I managed a best time of 1.53.215.

Making all the adjustments in quick tune, I was back on the track. Instantly down the Fuji Straight the car felt so much faster and I watched my ghost vanish into thin air. That was the last I saw of my ghost as i was able to push the Mustang through the turns. During the Large sweep the car felt a little more stable and the gearing and extra stability showed when I clocked a lap in of 1.49.377

Suzuka

This is where I expected the car in standard form to really demonstrate its weaknesses and it was quick to prove me right. Taking the car out for another 5 laps it was at first more of a drift session as the car was quick to oversteer under throttle yet was easy to hold through the corner. Eventually the oversteer proved beneficial as the car would understeer on entry and needed some correction at times. My final lap time was 2.22.544.

Taking the car out with all of the adjustments it was again fast to see the difference. The car was a lot less prone to oversteer but was more prone to understeer upon entry. Overall though the car was easier to accelerate out of the corner and managed to give me a 2.20.480

A definite thumbs up for the Lion's Den's work.

Yay, my first GT5:P review.:dopey: The gearing was indeed a huge problem standard. The low gears were too short making wheelspin, and the high gears were like you said, reminiscent of a bus. I'm really glad you liked the setup, even if it's not as fast as other 600 PP cars. I know what you mean about the turn-in understeer. This game doesn't respond as well to brake balance changes as I'd like, but being a V8 I needed more front end grip. The front toe is what hurts the turn-in, it gives the tyres more grip but hurts the mobility of the vehicle just a little. I figured there's more time to be made though the corners than in the turn-in.

Do you have a request car seeing as you just gave me a review?:)

I just want to acknowledge your work here. I am going to take time out from trying to gold B-3 and have some playtime with the Alfa Romeo this evening.

Happy to do the review and happy to review more cars for you at any point. I'll take a raincheck on the request for now if thats alright. I need to see what car I have some trouble getting speed out of.

I just want to acknowledge your work here. I am going to take time out from trying to gold B-3 and have some playtime with the Alfa Romeo this evening.

OK, sounds great.👍 If you're up to it leave a review of the car too.;)

Happy to do the review and happy to review more cars for you at any point. I'll take a raincheck on the request for now if thats alright. I need to see what car I have some trouble getting speed out of.

No problem, whenever you find a car you want tuned I'm all ears. Plus I finished tuning the Lancia tonight, but I must race test it first.👍

I too just wanted to leave an acknowledge to your work here. I have been following your thread very closely waiting for a car of mine to drop in and since you opened up on the possibility of a suggestion I would like to throw in Aston Martin DB9 into the pool. I just can't get that car to handle nicely. I would gladly put up a review for you.

I too just wanted to leave an acknowledge to your work here. I have been following your thread very closely waiting for a car of mine to drop in and since you opened up on the possibility of a suggestion I would like to throw in Aston Martin DB9 into the pool. I just can't get that car to handle nicely. I would gladly put up a review for you.

I have one already made, so if you gave me a review I would gladly post it. Otherwise it may be a little while away yet.

Took the Alfa out last night. My driving style is more Alain Prost than Nigel Mansell, and I particularly enjoyed Suzuka through the esses, I got a lovely rhythm going.

I was impressed it is so forgiving and so smooth. The power delivery through the gears makes this seem like a good learner car at first, but then you just get faster and faster as each lap goes by.

When up against 'super' cars it needs more legs or a sixth gear but this car begs for a PP500 class online race. PD are you listening ?

Sorry it is short and sweet, but I commend you for these settings.

Took the Alfa out last night. My driving style is more Alain Prost than Nigel Mansell, and I particularly enjoyed Suzuka through the esses, I got a lovely rhythm going.

I was impressed it is so forgiving and so smooth. The power delivery through the gears makes this seem like a good learner car at first, but then you just get faster and faster as each lap goes by.

When up against 'super' cars it needs more legs or a sixth gear but this car begs for a PP500 class online race. PD are you listening ?

Sorry it is short and sweet, but I commend you for these settings.

Short and sweet, no problems here. A review is a review :) It's good you like the car, it seems to have more potential than I realised. A 6spd would have been absolutely awesome, I could have upped the power to be more competitive in 600 PP races, or simply had much more lively acceleration in 500 PP. The full GT5 should give that option.;) Do you have a request car?

I am definitely going to test out some of these cars to see if I like them. I can get top times in games that have no tuning options but I learnt in forza that I really need a good setup to compete. It looks like GT5P will be ruled by setups as well. I really wish the scoreboards were stock only :( But hey if your cars are fast then I have a chance :)

I hope they are fast, I'm not a really fast driver. Some may not be outright speed demons, because the emphasise ease of use. Please do leave a review if you do though.👍

Side Note- I'll be releasing my 2 fastest cars that I currently have within a day or 2.

Back