Dutch Customs Tuning Shop - Your one stop tuning shop - Closed

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 1,311 comments
Stick with the GT - Both TLD and AROSA have rock solid tunes for this car now. To be honest I couldn't choose between them - they both feel good but very different drives.

You have to watch it like a hawk but the feeling you get when you run a good race in it is like nothing on earth. Other rides seem somehow tame in comparison.

Keep the revs up in corners and use left foot braking to slow down. Pump the brake pedal as you ease up on the throttle ever so slightly and you'll find it a lot less rebellious through the fast corners.

I soooo love this car :bowdown:

Test Car Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car 750PP online races UPDATE

Well i lied, the girlfriend came home, so out came the GT and i went online seeking a race to see if the beast handled differently in a race, not sure why but i do find cars that are sometimes rough in this case pure raw that don't fare well in online practice do feel/perform better in race conditions, go figure.
Anyhow race 1,2,3,4 disconnected by poncho67??? because he spends his time sliding off track with no help from anyone, race 5 some Italian decided to zig zag in front of me then side swipe me into the barriers, i was'nt going to knick his parking space, race 6, result. Now anybody whose been on track with me, knows i always poodle off the line to make my way to the back, one reason so as not to offend hardened GTP racers if i accidently nudge them and secondly the mayhem that occurs at corner one on Suzuka...so race 6 end of lap one i'm in first?? might add here no tags on display anywhere, so as expected an easier race, by the finish i'm still in first and 20 seconds clear, all the 180's i experienced in practice, none, no going off track, the occasional twitch but easily steadied by a little lift off. the race times are not like in practice and race finish times were 6:26, not sure if this is why it seemed easier too, apart from taking a passenger, well thats what it felt like as the girlfriend decided to to go and on on during the race. I would say to any novice/new drivers, do try this in an online race, remember it's three laps so unless it's a good tag in front of your let the car reel them in and don't push it to hard, because you may feel like you've mastered and tamed the GT but the beast is still lurking ready to show you whose boss if you get to cocky

If you want to beat all the 4wd's and amuses off the star line just floor it in 1st gear until it hits about 75-80mph (depending on your tune) then slide into 2nd and wave them all by bye :D

My favourite overtake is into dunlop. Flat out in second gear, take it as wide as you can on the entry then shift into 3rd and use the oversteer to clip the apex. If you do it right you don't need to brake, just blip the throttle then foot down. Very few people (even other GT's) will keep up with you if you can nail this move. Worth practicing just to see imagine the look on their face

I need a decent setup for the S10 and S7 events for the tuned Corvette. How would that tune be different from the 750pp online races?

Dutch Customs has just returned from a week off at the Costa Del Sol in Spain, watch this space for some new info and feedback on all the responses posted in my absence. 👍

EDIT:

My apologies to NLxAROSA, not being very technically minded i'm unable to provide a thorough feedback of the cars i test, just a light hearted look at your tunes maybe enough to point other novices in the right direction, cheers cashwars
No problem at all, I appreciate any feedback you can give me. Even if it's just 'Oh man, I love this tune' or 'Man, this tune blows'. :)

Hi, would it be possibile for Dutch Customs Tuning to perform their magic on the Subaru Impreza sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA'05? I see a few members running this car and i like it. But its too drifty/sloppy in the corners for my liking. But fast! Maybe you could help me out when you get the chance?
Now let me take a look at that for you, any track you specifically want it tuned for?

I need a decent setup for the S10 and S7 events for the tuned Corvette. How would that tune be different from the 750pp online races?
It would have different tires ofcourse, and it needs to be brought back to 700PP. As a result of that it may need some gear tuning (or it may not, I haven't tried it yet). But for S10 I would suggest the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car instead.

Dutch Customs has just returned from a week off at the Costa Del Sol in Spain, watch this space for some new info and feedback on all the responses posted in my absence. 👍

EDIT:

Now let me take a look at that for you, any track you specifically want it

Suzuka 600pp please kind sir. 👍

Subaru Impreza WRX STI '05 RA 600PP Suzuka Online​

Been busy at work, been busy with my family, been busy with my new DSLR camera, busy, busy, busy! :crazy: But here's a nice Suba-Snack to keep you tuning freaks happy! Feedback is, as always, appreciated! Thanks must go to GTP_hyperuk and Ardius for testing! 👍

GTP_hyperuk asked me to mention he said 'After a few more races online today i can say the tune is very good. Nice and stable as i predicted it would be after your tune. 👍'.

Anyway, enjoy!

Power: +71
Weight: 85

Height: -35/-30
Springs: 4/5
Dampers: 2/3
Toe: -0.08/+0.14
Camber: 1.7/1.3
Brakes: 7/3
Torque: 50/50
Angle: 40
TC: OFF
ABS: 1

1st: 3131
2nd: 2341
3rd: 1739
4th: 1383
5th: 1121
6th: 0930

Final 4104

Apologies for not getting back to you with a re-review, but I got a little tied up with F1:CE, and I'm probably going to leave GT5:P for a bit while I concentrate on that.
I did re-test and I found it to be better than I originally thought, mostly because I was switching physics models, I still don't like the bad understeer that is characteristc of this car, but I'm sure others won't mind or prefer it. I suppose I'm on the more-oversteering side of the line between drivers, I hate understeer with a passion.

No problem mate! 👍 I'm not here as often as usual either. ;) Since I have my new camera I spend lots of time outside (don't tell anyone :P).
I tried to get rid of understeer as much as I could, I tried several settings, including very stiff rear springs, but the understeer stays. Despite that it's still very fast though, just requires a different driving technique. :)

Oh definitely, I try and step on the throttle and off road I go, lol, I suppose it wants to go back to its natural habitat.
Anyone who is already used to 4WD cars will likely love this tune, but anyone who doesn't normally use them would be well advised to practice with it before taking it out, or at least remembering not to drive it like FR like me :dunce:

Oh definitely, I try and step on the throttle and off road I go, lol, I suppose it wants to go back to its natural habitat.
Anyone who is already used to 4WD cars will likely love this tune, but anyone who doesn't normally use them would be well advised to practice with it before taking it out, or at least remembering not to drive it like FR like me :dunce:

I'm used to 4WD cars and i still went off the road, only once though so i suppose i will get used to it after 1 or 2 races, overall, i think it is a good tune, even though i know nothing about tuning 👍

Hello!!

I have been lurking for a while trying out different settings for my cars in the S class races.

This setup though blew me away last nite:

S10 Mines

Power: +4
Weight: 87
Tires: R3
Downforce: 20/35
Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring: 5/4
Damper: 4/3
Toe: -0.04/-0.04
Camber: 1.3/1.1
Brakes: 7/5
Steering angle: 40
Traction: OFF
ABS: 1
1st: 3240 (76 km/h)
2nd: 2233 (110 km/h)
3rd: 1642 (150 km/h)
4th: 1298 (190 km/h)
5th: 1069 (230 km/h)
6th: 0875 (300 km/h)
Final gear: 3741

I used someone else's post to detune the mines to 700pp for Sukuza:

power to -15 . Weight to 85, and downforce 20 - 35.

The Mine's GTR just bloody sticks to the road. I was playing at about midnight after a good 12 hrs at work so was quite tired but hit 2"06:580 at Suzuka and kept coming in 4th due to penalties. Tonight I will try it when I am not tired.

But I just had to post because the setup by Dutch Customs for this car is phenomenal. The control over the car is right on the ball from turn 1 to the end. On the 1st lap until the hairpin, I overtook at least 7-8 cars on avg because the car is so in love with the tarmac and hugs the road :D

I'm sure I can come in 3rd because the two Amuse's at the front are not amusing at all - they are too fast and no way to catch up to them. I could only pray that they spin out at the last S chicane :D but they dont - everyone excluding myself does but those S2k turbos are mean!

I used to hate Suzuka but love it now with the Mines GT-R - esp the drive from the starting line until the hairpin!

Thanks Dutch Customs!!!

You're welcome! 👍 Glad to hear my tune helped you!

To everyone out there: At the moment I have very little time to spare for tuning, I do have some models that I am working on (RX7, Clio, NSX), so expect them to drop in here sooner or later. Ofcourse the events might change, so that could also screw things up. :D Anyway, when I have something new to report, this is the thread to watch. ;)

Events are due for change tomorrow. I'm hoping for something new, something that cars won't dominate just because of their drivetrain.

I really hope we get something completely different as well, I'm rather bored with 600PP and 750PP. I'd like to see some changes in PP and tracks.

When custom private rooms and the full GT5 comes, the possibilities will be limitless.:) (I've already hatched a plan for a race event I'll call "V8 Supercars International", which differs to "V8 Supercars Australia" in that it will have RWD [home-made/tuned ;)] V8 sedans pushing a max of 650hp and mininum of a weight I haven't decided yet, and no limits on downforce (that I can foresee yet). I hope to decide on which cars are elligible, and what upgrades are to be done on each one myself [to keep the parity between the cars], and the tracks raced on, before allowing individuals to do their own suspension, gearing, LSD etc. tuning themselves on the vehicles, unless they choose to use the TLD designed "V8 Supercar" of that model. Did you understand all that? It's still in the rough early stages of planning. I won't be able to decide on full rules and regulations until the full game arrives obviously.)

Edit: What do you think of my idea? Would you be interested in racing in it?:)

Edit 2: Just for reference, here's an example of some of the cars that could be in it provided they make it into GT5:
Holden VE Commodore (either SS or HSV GTS)
Ford Falcon FG (either XR8 or FPV GT)
Lexus IS-F
Jaguar XF
Mercedes C63 AMG
BMW 550i (unlikely to be in game)
Hyundai Genesis Sedan
Chrysler 300C SRT8
Plus more if I find any

All these would be fully kitted out, with full weight reduction, a max of 650hp (Although like I said, I will decide what power levels they each end up with, depending on weight, and to try and keep parity), Race tyres, downforce, fully customisable gear, all the go-fast bits. V8 Supercars will take it to the world stage for the first time, more than just Red V Blue.(Which is ferocious as it is:sly:)

Sounds great to me! 👍 Will it be V8-sedans only, a.k.a. no compacts or supercars?

But until then, I hope they introduce some restrictions on current events, a.k.a. a 600PP race with a list of RWD-cars only or something like that would be nice. Or an all-american or all-Italian event or something like that, like they have in offline mode.

Sounds great to me! 👍 Will it be V8-sedans only, a.k.a. no compacts or supercars?

But until then, I hope they introduce some restrictions on current events, a.k.a. a 600PP race with a list of RWD-cars only or something like that would be nice. Or an all-american or all-Italian event or something like that, like they have in offline mode.

Yep, V8 sedans only, so an M3 Coupe could not enter, but an M3 sedan could. That's how V8 Supercars are.:D Although the power levels in the real V8s are around 620hp I believe, so that part of it is a rough idea of where I think I should make them in the game. I might even find a need to push the limit to 700hp, like my Holdens in GT4 were.

Hi, was wondering which of your Viper set-ups you are possibly going to be using in the forth coming Garage showdown and what kind of times would you consider accepting as good enough to represent your garage, as im not exactly a great driver but would like to reprsent at least one garage once in an event i could possibly do:scared:cheers JP

Hi, at the moment I'm doing some testing with the three setups, maybe some small adjustments, and then I'll decide on which one it's going to be. :) All of them are both stable and competitive, so it's going to be a tough choice. Most of the differences between the models is in gear ratios, they all handle pretty much the same. :)

The most important thing during a Garage Showdown is that you have fun with the other drivers driving the same car with different settings. I'd be happy to have you on board, I don't mind if your laptimes are good or bad. :) Just make sure you have some fun and don't worry too much. Not worrying wil probably improve your laptimes too. ;)

cheers for that then, i think after this latest update i was planning on sticking to suzuka 750, so i may as well make the most and play with the Vipers:)

^I'd recommend the Six Speed one at first to get used to the Viper, then move onto the Five Speed and see how you can handle the extra speed and looser handling.
At least, while AROSA is working out the new tunes.

Personally, I'll probably run the Five Speed for the showdown, but of course I will check out the improved versions when they come!

If they come. ;) I may decide they're good 'as is'. ;) But then again, I usually find something after not having driven a tune for a while. :D But if I change anything, it will be very minor. Don't expect any big changes in handling or gearing. 👍

I could not get out of the six speed one yet, It is so good. I will test the five speed tomorrow. I am excited to hear it is faster. :)

well did 2 laps with each tune and the original one i clocked fastest even though it seemed very loose through the esses, the 5 speed i was a second behind the original, and the 6 speed, well lets just say i'd be bringing up the rear

Also whats classed as a decent lap, i'm sure i came across a post where people clocked sub 2 mins in the GTlm, hoping those times are not expected in the Viper

Afternoon Boss. :sly: I just tested the Five Speed Fury, I am kind of sitting on the fence at the moment as to which i prefer. Having done quite a few laps in the six speed special last night, I jumped into the five speed today and stuck two laps in on free run. On my second lap I got a 2'01.467. Any good? I dont know. So then swap back to my A settings, (Six speed Special) and do two more laps and get a 2'01.570. I find the six speed a bit nicer to drive through the esses and coming out of the hairpin in third is amazing, like a bullet. Same at spoon, Grab 4th gear and head of upto 130R at break neck speeds. :) I think i will head on over to 750pp Suzuka in my six speed. 👍

Those are excellent times. 👍 I'll let you guys know which one it's going to be for the Showdown sometime this weekend. :) Glad to hear the performance is similar though. :)

Those are excellent times. 👍 :) Glad to hear the performance is similar though. :)

Really? :cool: I think i got a good half a second in there to find, maybe more. I will try to dig a bit deeper. I will also try the other viper tune you have to see how it compares. 👍

Let me know my next job. :cheers:

Hello Mr NLxAROSA may I say that I am really really impressed with both your settings for the Tuned Viper and Tuned Corvette.

Usually I drive 4WD but the new events change has pushed me towards driving RWD:nervous::scared: but both your excellent setups for the above mentioned cars has got me hooked on RWD cars. They both feel very quick, have excellent steering response and I seem to be getting a little understeer :tup:instead of masses of oversteer :scared: (I hate oversteer) I only had about an hour with each car last night mainly doing Free Runs and had so much fun with them, by the way I managed to get roughly 2'05.000 laps. My personal favourite is the Corvette it's just so damn fast:crazy:.

Thankyou for your services.

Any novice RWD driver (LIKE MYSELF) should definately give your setups a blast, you won't look back.
:cheers:

Back