GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
You were really good for the first 2 laps, I thought my battle was going to be with you not fishfash, but then you started to drop back a lot after a spin at the top of that up hill hairpin.
As for the pits, I just stand on the brakes and peer over the top of the bump until I find the blind entry, then nail the trottle, then try to keep it out of the grass on the right, not the fastest way as I lose a lot of time trying to find the entry! But better than spining or out braking myself.

Yeah I found even after my first spin or two I was catching you/holding even but I think it was after the first pits I was sitting at my same laptimes but you were definitely a good second or two quicker. So I just decided to hold third.

Yeah, sure.

Great racing with Gnobody, almost had me....it had to come down to the last lap! My pit strategy worked fairly well, and I wasnt placed too far behind you to start catching you in the remaining laps. Anyway, great racing! Pity about the spin at the end though :D

That spin turned the air blue for a 200 mile radius around my house! I couldn't believe it, I was trying so hard to just stay in front of you and finish, the pressure got to me!

Anyway, see you guys tonight for practice...

That spin turned the air blue for a 200 mile radius around my house! I couldn't believe it, I was trying so hard to just stay in front of you and finish, the pressure got to me!

Anyway, see you guys tonight for practice...

Haha, my aim was to try and put pressure on you, I was actually starting to give up and accept last place on that last lap, but man, I knew as I passed you that you'd be hitting yourself for that one! I fully expect you to return the favour one day, lol.
It was a great race and you gave me some great competition straight to the last lap! I seem to be competing most with you two Lotus's, especially in pit stop strategies.

I'm a bit nervous for Melbourne, it can be a horrible track on a bad day or an excellent one on a good day. A bit like Monaco actually but in a different sense.
I hope I can hold on to my 3rd in the championship ..

Like I said it is tempting, but.... right now I'm bound and determined to win a WDC & WCC in hard mode offline.

Ah well, maybe next time? You still have the rest of the championship to change your mind, even if you only can enter the last race, better than not at all.

I'm a bit nervous for Melbourne, it can be a horrible track on a bad day or an excellent one on a good day. A bit like Monaco actually but in a different sense.
I hope I can hold on to my 3rd in the championship ..

This is my best track, so i'll have that third if you dont mind! If I'm going to beat fishfash on any track with me using auto it will be here, as long as I dont cut that damn high speed right hander to much, I think its called Golf corner, not sure though.

Really looking forward to this whole thing, its pulled me away from GTA4 which I only got last week!

Edit: Turn 12 on this map:
http://sponsoring.allianz.com/nopi_downloads/files/01-Aus_eng_rgb.jpg

Hey Guys,

I received my Driving Force GT today so I will be using that today. Slightly disappointed with it as it does not work as well as the DFP on F1CE.

Anyway's I hope to finish in the top 4, as I am crap at Melbourne and still trying to learn how to use this new wheel. :crazy:

I smell a chance for some points! We shall see. Depends if everyone wants to count this as the Grand Prix or not.
I doubt I'll be further than 4th though.

Been practicing a bit with an MF1 today, we shall see if it makes a difference.

I would prefer if this only counted as practice and we had the race at the weekend, but I will go with the majority, I just need more laps!

Hope Crooky is on tonight, we need the points!

Sorry everyone, my PS3 froze, Ill host again.

Few, thought I was going to have to late join. :scared:

Edit: AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH, very few mistakes, flat for most of it, and he still managed to beat me by more than 1 second a lap!!! My fastest was 1.25.8 (final lap), yours fishfash was 1.25.1 how the hell do you do it. Now I'm convinced my only hope is manual, but I dont think it'll make a big enough difference!

I think i'd like that to be a practice race, lol. I forgot to tell my pit crew to come out and I ran out of fuel, doh! :dunce:
Had a few mistakes as well, that I think I can improve with some more practice.

Oh, and I'd obviously like my whole team to be there :sly: for points. (Im sure J-pap would like to race his home grand prix too)

Anyway, the results:
Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest Lap: Gyles69
1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. gt4genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 6pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5pts
5. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 4pts

1. Aguri 11 pts
2. Lotus 10pts
3. Jordan 8pts
4. Jaguar 5pts
5. Williams 0pts

Few, thought I was going to have to late join. :scared:

Edit: AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH, very few mistakes, flat for most of it, and he still managed to beat me by more than 1 second a lap!!! My fastest was 1.25.8 (final lap), yours fishfash was 1.25.1 how the hell do you do it. Now I'm convinced my only hope is manual, but I dont think it'll make a big enough difference!

Hey Good Race 👍 I was using the GT Force wheel today, just arrived this morning, and it's terrible with F1, maybe I need to get used to it, but it's too big and I felt like I was driving a bus. It showed during the race as my lap times were all over the place.

I have no idea how I managed those times today, maybe this wheel is good then after all. 💡 I was under pressure the entire race. :yuck:

That, gentlemen, is why we have collisions off. lol.

I am extremely pleased with that qualifying time though! 2 seconds off gt4genius! Hell yes!

Sad to report that chemicaL has withdrawn and we may no longer have a Williams team.
Williams is now up for new ownership when someone wants to join the championship (or if someone wants to leave another team) and we also need to find yet another driver.

Depending on what happens with the team, I can take it off the table or it can be renamed or continue as it is. Depends on what the new owner decides.

Now we need to find 3 drivers! Gah, ah well, at least we have 6 regular drivers but it would be a lot nicer to have the full 10. The points system would work better too, because at the moment, all you have to do is turn up and drive and you get at least 3 or 4 points.

Sorry guys I couldn't come on or even post on here to let you know. My internet dropped out sometime last night and just came back on now. So glad it was only practice. I'll be there for the proper race.

So, what does everyone think about collisions? Shall we bring them back or leave them off? I dont think I need to remind anyone that this will make the racing 10 times more interesting and 10 times more difficult.
I know that none of us will intentionally start taking others out, but it will make things a little more frustrating, especially when you crash out becase of someone else's wheels and parts all over the track or when you get accidentally punted in corners, but I suppose thats racing.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

its fine with me. So long as everyone knows that we have collisions on. Otherwise we may have some odd accidents.

Fine with me as well but you will have to have the wait for the other driver rule. Because there is so much lag, even if you are no where near the other driver lag accidents usually happen, and then you end up getting a penalty as well. Those sort of accidents just ruin the race for both drivers, losing around 15 - 20 seconds a time. A few of those accidents and you are nearly a lap down.

Fine with me as well but you will have to have the wait for the other driver rule. Because there is so much lag, even if you are no where near the other driver lag accidents usually happen, and then you end up getting a penalty as well. Those sort of accidents just ruin the race for both drivers, losing around 15 - 20 seconds a time. A few of those accidents and you are nearly a lap down.

True, but the wait for the other driver rule makes it even worse.
I'm still 50/50 whether collisions are a good idea or not, sure they make it more realistic and all, but it ruins any potential racing you get because you end up so far behind everyone, especially far behind those that manage to get up front and avoid the collisions.
But if everyone wants it turned on, so be it. I know I will be taking it way way slower if we do turn it back on, because it will be more effective just to drive slower than have several collisions.

I think we need some more practice races with it on before we decide to put it on for the proper races. The next race we wont have them on, but we will practice with it on some more and see how it goes.

True, but the wait for the other driver rule makes it even worse.
I'm still 50/50 whether collisions are a good idea or not, sure they make it more realistic and all, but it ruins any potential racing you get because you end up so far behind everyone, especially far behind those that manage to get up front and avoid the collisions.
But if everyone wants it turned on, so be it. I know I will be taking it way way slower if we do turn it back on, because it will be more effective just to drive slower than have several collisions.

I think we need some more practice races with it on before we decide to put it on for the proper races. The next race we wont have them on, but we will practice with it on some more and see how it goes.

I personally dont think we should have it on, due to the lag. :indiff: But its a majority rule ofcourse.
So when is the official points Melbourne race?

I personally dont think we should have it on, due to the lag. :indiff: But its a majority rule ofcourse.
So when is the official points Melbourne race?

Tomorrow, Ive updated the race schedule, but assumed people would read it. ;)
I hope to replicate that 2nd race's qualifying session! Only 2 seconds off your time!

OK :) I will have to vote for Collisions off then if there is no rule. 👍

Oh, I have no problem with that rule, but Im not sure collisions are a good thing, and I was just pointing out that that rule just worsens the issue for people who have had contact.
But whatever, Ill leave collisions off because it keeps things competitive and gets rid of the arguments.

Back