GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
United Kingdom
Manchester
Ardius_
GTP Formula 1 World Championship
picture.php

f1_grand_prix_logo.jpg

Hello all, welcome to the unofficial GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship for Formula 1 Championship Edition. This is being organised for fun and as such, drivers of all levels of skill are welcome!

Race organisers:​
Ardius
GT4 Genius

Race Schedule:

Rules
  • The maximum drivers participating will be 10, in order to keep teams even.
  • All drivers must be part of a team to compete.
  • Each team must have no more than 2 drivers.
  • Points are awarded as follows:
    1st:10 pts
    2nd:8 pts
    3rd:6 pts
    4th:5 pts
    5th:4 pts
    6th:3 pts
    7th:2 pts
    8th:1 pt.
    Also, 1 point for fastest lap.
  • Drivers must start at least one race to be counted in the championship.
  • If you are unable to make the race, please notify me or one of the race organisors, you will be marked as a DNQ and recieve no points.
  • If you want to allow someone else to take your position at a team, or if a team wishes to make a driver change, then the driver being changed will effectively be forfeitting the championship. Any points scored before hand will still be counted, but any achieved afterwards will be counted towards the new driver. This does not affect the team's points however.
  • Drivers must complete 80% of the race distance to be classified, otherwise the driver will be counted as a retirement and recieve no points.
  • Collisions and damage will be on - which means we expect all drivers to wait for any drivers they have accidentally knocked out of the race and give their position back.
  • During racing, it is also expected of all drivers to comply with the 1 block rule. Any drivers found to be repeatedly ignoring this rule will firstly have points docked, and, if the driver still refuses to comply, the driver will be kicked from the championship and lose all points.

Teams/Constructors
There are 5 available slots for teams of 2 people.
Jaguar Racing
Jordan Grand Prix
Williams
Team Lotus
Team Aguri

Drivers
There are 10 available slots for drivers, driving for 5 different teams.
Car Number - Driver Name
Jaguar Racing
1 - GTP_Ardius
2 - J-pap
Jordan Grand Prix
3 - GT4genius
4 - Appie17
Williams
5 - Lion-NL (known as Chris67 here)
*Also:
Pepsicoke (known as Pepsi0 here): 3 races (Spain, Monaco, Great Britain)

6 -
*Also:
GTP_mindwise: 1 race (Bahrain)

Team Lotus
7 - GTP_Crooky
8 - GTP_Gnobody
Team Aguri
9 - Gyles69 (known as fishfash here)
10 - TeamBubblegum (known as Alltidxx here)

Team/Constuctors Championship Table:
gtpf1ceteamsgm8.jpg

Drivers Championship Table:
gtpf1cedriverseb7.jpg

A password will be given for each race and practice session, I or one of the other race organisers will post the password here (though Private Messages) before hosting the race.

Feedback is much appreciated!

Bahrain Practice Race 1 results
Bahrain Practice Race 2 results
Bahrain Grand Prix results
Malaysia Practice Race results - N/A (cancelled)
Malaysian Grand Prix results
Australia Pracitice Race results
Australian Grand Prix results
San Marino Practice Race results
San Marino Grand Prix results
Europe Practice Race results
European Grand Prix results
Spain Practice Race 1 results
Spain Practice Race 2 results
Spanish Grand Prix results
Monaco Practice Race 1 results
Monaco Practice Race 2 results
Monaco Grand Prix results
Britain Practice Race results
British Grand Prix results
Canadian Grand Prix results
United States Grand Prix results
French Grand Prix results
German Grand Prix results
Hungarian Grand Prix results
Turkish Grand Prix results
Italian Grand Prix results
Chinese Grand Prix results
Japanese Grand Prix results
Brazilian Grand Prix results/Championship results

The championship has now finished! Fishfash is officially world champion and Jordan are the winning team! The final standings are as follows:

Drivers:
1st Gyles69 (fishfash) - 143 points
2nd GT4 Genius - 128 points
3rd GTP_Ardius - 90 points
4th GTP_Crooky - 71 points
5th Appie17 - 66 points
6th GTP_Gnobody - 20 points
7th J-pap - 14 points
8th TeamBubblegum (Alltidxx) - 12 points
9th Lion-NL (Chris67) - 11 points
10th Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 7 points
11th GTP_mindwise - 3 points

Teams:
1st Jordan - 198 points
2nd Aguri - 162 points
3rd Jaguar - 104 points
4th Lotus - 91 points
5th Williams - 21 points

Pole Positions:
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
Appie17 - 3
GT4 Genius - 2

Fastest Laps:
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
Appie17 - 3
GT4 Genius - 2

Podiums:
GT4 Genius - 16
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
GTP_Ardius - 8
GTP_Crooky - 8
Appie17 - 6
J-pap - 2

1st Positions:
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
GT4 Genius - 3
Appie17 - 2

2nd Positions:
GT4 Genius - 9
GTP_Crooky - 6
Appie17 - 2
J-pap - 1

3rd Positions:

GTP_Ardius - 8
GT4 Genius - 4
GTP_Crooky - 2
Appie17 - 2
J-pap - 1

4th Positions:
GTP_Ardius - 6
Appie17 - 3
GTP_Crooky - 2
GT4 Genius - 1
TeamBubblegum (Alltidxx) - 1

5th Positions:
GTP_Gnobody - 5
GTP_Ardius - 3
Lion-NL (Chris67) - 2
Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 1

6th Positions:
Lion-NL (Chris67) - 1
Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 1
GTP_mindwise - 1

Retirements:
Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 1​

Last edited:
Tis is an very very good thread u made:tup:. too bad i cant touch my PS3 after 6 weeks:(

:cheers:
How come?
You can always make a deal with another driver, so you can at least race a couple of the races at the start, and then someone else takes over for you or something.
I'm planning on getting a race done each week, so you will get into around 5 races, so not that bad.

Great work Ardius, I'm definitly up for it. Just to let you know though 2 people in the same race cant drive the same team car ie Honda, I'm not sure if thats what you were getting at there but it dosent matter anyway.
I'll help you organise it if you wish? And maybe PM the password to people so as we dont have random people that viewed this thread popping in to our races.
Appie do you want to make a team? We could get 1-2s for the first few races and when you leave I could try and hold on to our lead!! :sly:

Great work Ardius, I'm definitly up for it. Just to let you know though 2 people in the same race cant drive the same team car ie Honda, I'm not sure if thats what you were getting at there but it dosent matter anyway.
I'll help you organise it if you wish? And maybe PM the password to people so as we dont have random people that viewed this thread popping in to our races.
Appie do you want to make a team? We could get 1-2s for the first few races and when you leave I could try and hold on to our lead!! :sly:

:lol:, im always up for that. Just let me know when to back off:dopey:

Can i race?

Yeah, sure, you want join me in a team or lead your own?

I just realised about the teams thing just after posting this thread, but it doesn't matter, its only for the purposes of this thread, it makes it more interesting. I'll probably rename mine to Jaguar Racing :sly:
Yeah, I'm going to use PM for passwords.

I presume you want your team to be Jordan? :dopey:

Oh, and are you interested in co-organising this with me? Obviously you can't edit the first post, but you can still organise the races and PM people for me if I'm away one week or whatever. As long as you keep track of the results, I can just update the tables and everything when I get back from whatever I'm doing. I know I have one week where I'll be on holiday in about 4 or 5 weeks time, so I do need someone to cover for me for that.

So is everyone up for Bahrain practice tonight? Its just a little test to see how well my connection can host games and also to see what happens generally, perhaps work out how long we wait for people to join, etc. Also so I can see how I perform with a 20 lap online race.

Hey guys, I'm from US, i just order the game yesturday. :D

When I go online can I play with fellow Europeans?

I saw your 'plug' in the online racing sectionof gt5p Ardius.

Being the fool that i am i went out and bought the gamer today, i'm up for racing some but i fear tonight is too soon for me.

I don't think i'll have made it past 'testdriver' by then, hehehe

BUT i'm definately up for this so i'll check back for more news soon and join in :)

Chrs

hey i'm interested in running in this :) I love f1:ce

Cool, interested in starting a team or joining mine?

I saw your 'plug' in the online racing sectionof gt5p Ardius.

Being the fool that i am i went out and bought the gamer today, i'm up for racing some but i fear tonight is too soon for me.

I don't think i'll have made it past 'testdriver' by then, hehehe

BUT i'm definately up for this so i'll check back for more news soon and join in :)

Chrs

We're in the same boat, I've really only just got the game as well, but I'm first driver for Toro Rosso :sly:.(although, admittedly, I failed at first and ended up getting stuck as test driver for Super Aguri).
At least you only have to learn one track each week, so its not so bad. So just get practicing on Bahrain ;)

Would you like to start a team or join mine? (depending on what j-pap is doing).

Tonight is only a practice, no-one is obliged to turn up. I will be having a "proper" practice race again either this weekend or next week before the actual race. We still need quite a few more drivers yet.

Is the Jaguar even in F1:CE? I would ideally like to be driving a bmw sauber or the ferrari but if you would rather fill teams then happy to race with you Ardius :)

Is the Jaguar even in F1:CE? I would ideally like to be driving a bmw sauber or the ferrari but if you would rather fill teams then happy to race with you Ardius :)

The teams are just for this thread, so they can be named anything you like, because of the nature of F1:CE's online mode, we can't have more than one person in a Honda/Ferrari/whatever, so whatever we drive in the actual race will have no bearing on this (plus the fact that they all use the same setups and performance anyway, so its just a colour scheme in the end).

In other words, you can drive whatever you like in the race, but here we will make up our own teams, I did this because it adds an extra element rather than just a drivers championship, and it allows people who can't attend every race to at least gain a little bit of glory from helping their team to winning that championship.

You can name your team whatever you want, but an ex, current or "possible" F1 team would be preferrable (e.g. Ligier, Arrows, Ferrari, Prodrive/Aston Martin, etc).

So, whats it going to be? You can lead a BMW or Ferrari team if you want. Then we just need 1 more team and then the drivers to fill them up.

Like J-Pap, i'm layd back, i don't really mind. As a Dutchy i guess i should be driving Renault as they are sponsored by ING.

But that's coming from someone who refuses to buy a t-shirt with brand on it (unless they pay me for that advertising (as it is obviously a great honour to have your brand on my chest ;)))

You've guessed it, my t-shirt is white without brands, just as my preference for team (though i could do with a very good 1st driver ;))

===

Edit, okay JP, you enter Ardius team and i'll try to get someone like timppaq or truth123 to join 'mine' ;p

===

Edit 2 ;)

I'm fine with joining Chemical if he is, we still have time till next training so we can leave it undecided for now ;)

Like J-Pap, i'm layd back, i don't really mind. As a Dutchy i guess i should be driving Renault as they are sponsored by ING.

But that's coming from someone who refuses to buy a t-shirt with brand on it (unless they pay me for that advertising (as it is obviously a great honour to have your brand on my chest ;)))

You've guessed it, my t-shirt is white without brands, just as my preference for team (though i could do with a very good 1st driver ;))

lol, ok, so you don't mind joining chemicaL at Williams or you could lead a Spyker team or something?
I agree about branding, the teams for this are just adding an extra element of competition, and adding names of existing teams is sort of like a fantasy F1 game, lol.

Edit: So you're going for your own team then? Just need a name.

Edit2: Ok, fine with me. Only need 4 more drivers!

Wow Ardius, i see you on the championship leaderboard and you are second to none ;)

"adding names of existing teams is sort of like a fantasy F1 game, lol"
That's fair enough, i'll name 'my' team Renault then ;)

Wow Ardius, i see you on the championship leaderboard and you are second to none ;)

"adding names of existing teams is sort of like a fantasy F1 game, lol"
That's fair enough, i'll name 'my' team Renault then ;)

lol, I just updated it, I waited till now, because it takes a few minutes for me to edit the image and then re-upload it. I'm going to wait till we have the 5 confirmed team names till I update the team table.

I'll leave the other teams open for now, so you may find that you can't name a team, lol.

As a Dutchy i guess i should be driving Renault as they are sponsored by ING.

As a Dutchie you should be complaining that you are listed under the EU flag. Spain France Germany Italy all have their own flag.
Since GT5P was released I have seen a significant amount of Dutchies registering on GTP.
Before that there was only a handful at best.

I think I should actually start a(nother) complaint thread (because we dont have many of these) and pester Ardius about the NL flag missing from his post.....:grumpy: :grumpy:

j/k Ardius
;)

AMG.

Hehehe, AMG, yeah well i probably shouldn't mention i am all for moving from dutch to english in our flat country ;)

Ardius, yeah it's fine like this, leave it like this untill chemical gives me the boot :)

Yeah, sure, you want join me in a team or lead your own?

I just realised about the teams thing just after posting this thread, but it doesn't matter, its only for the purposes of this thread, it makes it more interesting. I'll probably rename mine to Jaguar Racing :sly:
Yeah, I'm going to use PM for passwords.

I presume you want your team to be Jordan? :dopey:

Oh, and are you interested in co-organising this with me? Obviously you can't edit the first post, but you can still organise the races and PM people for me if I'm away one week or whatever. As long as you keep track of the results, I can just update the tables and everything when I get back from whatever I'm doing. I know I have one week where I'll be on holiday in about 4 or 5 weeks time, so I do need someone to cover for me for that.

So is everyone up for Bahrain practice tonight? Its just a little test to see how well my connection can host games and also to see what happens generally, perhaps work out how long we wait for people to join, etc. Also so I can see how I perform with a 20 lap online race.

Yeah thats all fine, I'll co-organise with you, just PM me or post something here if you want me to do it.
Jordan would be great :dopey: but maybe Appie wants the Dutch company Spyker, so how about 💡 "that ever evolving team that use to be Jordan!!"
Maybe its a bit long. So if Appies fine with Jordan that'll be great.

Yeah thats all fine, I'll co-organise with you, just PM me or post something here if you want me to do it.
Jordan would be great :dopey: but maybe Appie wants the Dutch company Spyker, so how about 💡 "that ever evolving team that use to be Jordan!!"
Maybe its a bit long. So if Appies fine with Jordan that'll be great.

Ok, you are officially the co-organiser of this! Moohahaha.....yeah. You probably won't have to do anything for a few weeks, but still, just needed someone about when i'm not.
I suppose it could always be a combined outfit, like McLaren-Mercedes, so, it would be Jordan-Spyker. ;)
Team #2 is now officially "Jordan Grand Prix"!!!

Id love to take part, guess im on my own in team 4. Don't expect much good from me I haven't played it in months.

Okie dokie, I don't think many of us have played this game much lately, either experienced gamers who have not played for a while or people new to the game. It doesn't matter, its just for fun! As always.

Got any ideas for a team name for 4? Theres a current trend in team names, almost all of them are British/Irish teams! Theres still 20 or so British teams left, I suppose, lol.
I don't expect you to be on your own for long.

-------------------------------

Is anyone still up for practice at Bahrain tonight? It might not be at exactly 22:00(UK time), but I will post here when I have started hosting, and I will PM everyone listed as a driver the password for the race. From the time I post here about the race, I will wait exactly 15 minutes for everyone to join, then qualifying and the race will start.

Team Lotus it is then.

How did I guess? Lol, now if someone chooses either Arrows, Alta, BAR, McLaren, Hill, Wolf, Brabham, BRM, BRP, Cooper, etc, etc, I will just go and re-name all the teams myself! Don't want to seem like I'm favouring one nation here....:ouch:

Hi Ardius

This championship looks great!

Could you please put me down for a 2nd driver position on a team?

Wish I could have a race tonight, but working the graveyard shift!

Love the driver/team table!

Cheers!

Hi Ardius

This championship looks great!

Could you please put me down for a 2nd driver position on a team?

Wish I could have a race tonight, but working the graveyard shift!

Love the driver/team table!

Cheers!

Yup, you can join Crooky at Lotus :)

That just leaves one more team and two drivers to be filled and we're ready to go!

Maybe you should start sending the PMs for the game name and password Ardius. When I was doing it for the other thread last week I think I left it too late and some people may have missed out because of that. Just a suggestion though, do it your own way though because everything is brilliant so far.

Back