GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Using the controller I assume? If so, I warned ya :D

Yeah, I reckon I can get it, but I think I would mess up far more corners and miss way more apexes so the overall time would be the same even if I did have a few faster lap times. So will see how close I am to fishfash tonight, maybe with un-blinking concentration I could keep with him but I doubt it, on the last lap of the pratice race I pushed like crazy and I think I was about to be less than a tenth slower than his best until I slapped the wall on the outside of the last corner and my time was then about 6 or 7 tenths slower, so it may be possible to beat him, but unlikely. :indiff:

Yeah, I reckon I can get it, but I think I would mess up far more corners and miss way more apexes so the overall time would be the same even if I did have a few faster lap times. So will see how close I am to fishfash tonight, maybe with un-blinking concentration I could keep with him but I doubt it, on the last lap of the pratice race I pushed like crazy and I think I was about to be less than a tenth slower than his best until I slapped the wall on the outside of the last corner and my time was then about 6 or 7 tenths slower, so it may be possible to beat him, but unlikely. :indiff:

If you stick with it you'll definitely get it. It just may take awhile is all. Like I mentioned before a buddy of mine has been racing manual ever since he purchased CE. After a good 40 hrs of game time or so now he's pretty dang proficient with it and seems to rarely miss shift, well at least before the 6th beer ;), although he does seem to have issues being consistent on breaking/turn-in. Then again racing auto I still had similar consistency problems at that same amount of game time. So I guess in conclusion I'm saying that I think you very much have more than a fighting chance to master manual on the controller. Just beware the severe hand cramps ;)

Sorry I was late... also the stupid game put me into a totally undeserved 3rd place hope the results are okay as I let Ardius through. Is it every monday we have a race?

Oh, woops, didnt see that before I hit start.

Well, that was a pretty dull race....I think we need to find more drivers ASAP, because its a little lonely on such large tracks.
I'm also wondering whether late join is a good idea or not. (btw, Crooky, did you wait for me on purpose?) Im not that bothered by someone late-joining and beating me, but maybe other people will be..it does spoil the points system.
Congrats to fishfash on yet another race win 👍

The results:
Fastest lap: Gyles69
Pole Position: Gyles69
1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts
4. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 5pts
5. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 4pts

1. Aguri 11pts
2. Lotus 9pts
3. Jordan 8pts
4. Jaguar 6pts
5. <Williams, but not currently racing>

Sorry I was late... also the stupid game put me into a totally undeserved 3rd place hope the results are okay as I let Ardius through. Is it every monday we have a race?

Thanks for that, we dont really have a regular schedule yet, I just name a date a couple of days in advance and everyone agrees on it. It would probably be a lot easier if we sort out some kind of regular week timetable though. Any suggestions?

:(:(:( 5 penalties, a sore thumb and 1 missed pitstop later and he sets a 1.24.5 :eek::crazy:, how am I suppose to respond to that! I was pushing unreal to get your 1.25.3 time, even thought I was going to and then you set a 24, I was so shocked I completely forgot about pitting! That cant all be down to using manual, although I thought I squizzed everything out of that poor battered little reno.:guilty:

Ardius just thought I'd mention it early because I wont be available at all Friday night, and I'm not sure about Saturday yet.

Enjoyable race guys 👍 I think I am getting better with the new DFGT Bus wheel, well it's a fast bus wheel LOL.

Hey GT4 genius, try manual, you can gain upto 1.5 seconds here at Melbourne with manual. I used to do Auto's before and I was lucky to even hit the 1:26.5's at Melbourne.

Oh and on my 2nd to last lap I was about to do a late 1:23, I was at 50.9 on the second sector and messed it all up on the last turn. :yuck:

Im just about to update the tables....Im still ahead, genius :sly: although we both leap-frogged j-pap.
Also, Aguri is now leading the teams championship!
Not really any other big changes, its still all to go for the rest of the championship, its even possible for two new drivers to come in and start a new team and still win the championship. We shall wait and see.

I'm thinking of making the schedule something like:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 22.00 and wait till 22.15 for race start. The practice races and actual Grands Prix will be interchangeable to suit the majority, so we get the maximum people racing for the GP.
The rest of this week will either be the San Marino Grand Prix, or just two practice races, might hold a practice race tomorrow if needs be.

Enjoyable race guys 👍 I think I am getting better with the new DFGT Bus wheel, well it's a fast bus wheel LOL.

Hey GT4 genius, try manual, you can gain upto 1.5 seconds here at Melbourne with manual. I used to do Auto's before and I was lucky to even hit the 1:26.5's at Melbourne.

Oh and on my 2nd to last lap I was about to do a late 1:23, I was at 50.9 on the second sector and messed it all up on the last turn. :yuck:

I have to start using manual ASAP!! A 1.23 :crazy: I can only get them on the offline mode with a setup I've worked at!

Just to let everyone know, Im not going to host a practice race tonight, I said I might but I cant as it turns out.
Hopefully, tomorrow or some other time in the week.

I'm up for it, manual only though so I'll be all over the place!

What time?? Ans: Seen its 10 on the first post, sorry.

The usual, 22:00. Although, I can start hosting now if you feel like racing some AI, lol.

Actually, i might just do that, lol, I need the practice. If anyone wants to join me, feel free, its the same password and game name as in the pm.

Gah, ill keep hosting, but I cant use the tv right now :grumpy: Sorry genius.
I still hope to host the practice race later, so hopefully this wont be too long past 10 till I get back on. 👍

Gah, ill keep hosting, but I cant use the tv right now :grumpy: Sorry genius.
I still hope to host the practice race later, so hopefully this wont be too long past 10 till I get back on. 👍

Thats fine, I kept going anyway.:dopey: I was really inconsistent, mashed 3 cars got about 10 penalties but managed a 1.18.9 which I know I could take maybe as much as another whole second off. But with all the problems I would say auto would be faster overall.

You'll have to host the practice race, GT4genius, Im not sure Im going to make it at all.
Ill try and late join, if possible later. Sorry everyone.

Hmm, well we have the choice of holding the San Marino Grand Prix tomorrow or next week (so GT4genius can race).
Or we can hold a practice race tomorrow. (or both, but in that case the practice race would be earlier).

Leave it, I wont make it anyway. Ill get some practice done tomorrow.

I swtiched back to manual today btw, im wondering if it was either that or you getting used to manual again that gave me that close margin.

I absolutely hate the acque minerale corner (turn 9), I spin out almost every time there because of a bump I think, that I cant see.

Leave it, I wont make it anyway. Ill get some practice done tomorrow.

I swtiched back to manual today btw, im wondering if it was either that or you getting used to manual again that gave me that close margin.

I absolutely hate the acque minerale corner (turn 9), I spin out almost every time there because of a bump I think, that I cant see.

I didnt know where anyone was, my position feed messed up again. That is the 2nd time this week, hopefully it dosent happen again. What sort of times were you averaging?

Hmm, well we have the choice of holding the San Marino Grand Prix tomorrow or next week (so GT4genius can race).
Or we can hold a practice race tomorrow. (or both, but in that case the practice race would be earlier).

It's probably best to carry on doing Grand Prix Races Monday's at 10:00 PM and practice races when ever really, Wed, Fri...👍

Dont think anyone will turn up anyway, I'll wait until 20mins past then leave, ok Ardius. Fishfash care to share your Imola online times, dont be modest!

Hey, I haven't used the wheel at imola yet so I have no idea what will happen. When I was using the controller then it was around the Mid 1:15's. :)

Sorry I missed practice last night, didn't know til now it was happening, I didn't log on in last night!

I'm up for a practice race tonight if it's going ahead....

^Yeah, I should be able to make it tonight and we can finally practice :)

Oh, Ive been getting 1.22's btw genius, not exactly super fast but good enough for me. I'll have to see how that turns out against Crooky and Gnobody.

Collisions will be on tonight!

First post race schedule updated, 3 races scheduled for next week.

Gah! I hate Imola! I spin out at almost every corner, and sometimes collide with the barriers, adding more pain to injury. :ouch: Glad we wont have to race here again. Its like theyve polished those rumble strips!
Got a good qualy time though, at least.

Anyway, the results:

Pole Position: gt4genius
Fastest Lap: GTP_Crooky

1. gt4genius/Jordan 10pts
2. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 9pts
3. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 6pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5pts

1. Lotus 15 pts
2. Jordan 10pts
3. Jaguar 5pts
4. Aguri 0pts