GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
i worked hard for my fastest lap! it was a 1:16.404 or something like that.

I seen that, way better than me messing round with manual:ouch:. You had a 1.17.6 or something then I got a 1.17.4, thought I would get it then but no, you set that 1.16. I tried, even deliberately ran out of fuel to beat it, because that I had my first 2 fastest sectors, but no, all I could manage was a 1.17 flat :indiff:. And with all my mistakes I would say at this stage I will be still using auto for the GP.

An outlap at imola is generally around 1 second or more faster than a normal lap. :) There are a few other tracks online where you can go sometimes 4 or 5 seconds faster on an outlap like Interlagos.

Is anyone around? Are we still on for tonight? Ill send the pms in a bit...but Im wondering if theres anyone going to be there?

Well, that was an interesting race, good to see Im not the only one that hates this track and its spin-tastic corners. :)
The start was mayhem, I lost it after being shocked that I was racing in 2nd place on the first lap!
Congrats to Crooky and his first podium and a great race to challenge gt4genius at the end!

Lotus is looking good for points right now.

Results:
Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 8pts
3. GT4genius/Jordan 6pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5pts
5. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 4pts

1. Lotus 12pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Jordan 6pts
4. Jaguar 5pts
5. <Williams - but not currently racing> 0pts

Right now the last two races I've been way off form (a bit like Massa) but next one is going to be different, I'll test manual to see if there is a big enough difference to warrant one spin, probably not so I'll probably be using auto.

That race as I said was a disaster! Firstly I accidentally put it into 2nd trying to get off the line then was ok for a while, then seen Fishfash had a few incidents and thought I could be in with a chance, but then it all fell apart. Spin after spin after penalty, even once got a penalty because the cars steering angle wasnt good enough to turn fully, got another half a minute penalty for trying to keep it out of the wall after spinning at the high kerbed chicane half way through the lap.

People probably wont want this, but I think we're all playing farely so I see no point for that annoying badly judging penalty system, could we switch it off? It wont effect the best lap time because the time will be canceled if it is an illegal one anyway.

Are you sure about switching the penalties off? I know I shortcut some of the track a little bit sometimes when others are fine for the whole race, so the penalties I get are justified, although some are redicuously harsh (like one at Melbourne that slaps you with a 10 second one!).

Well, that was my worst race race by far, even worse than usual, well p*ssed off!

I crashed total of 7 times, twice because I got stuck in 2nd gear at 2 corners and half a lap, 3 times because somebody else's hands appeared in my cocokpit, and twice because I can't drive!

I think that we should have collisions on, it puts me off so much when someone drives through me, and it always happens at a corner! Don't get me wrong, it's not the whole reason I crash when someone goes through me, but it certainly doesn't help!

I'm easily the weakest driver here, and without collisions, I have no chance, I can't even defend my position when someone is behind me, they just drive through!

I know that I will probably cause a few 'incidents' with collisions on and need more practice, but it just feels like a public time trail at the mo, I got no chance!

At least it will feel like racing with collisions on, what you guys think?

Did anyone else have trouble with thier car tonight? I don't think it was my steering wheel, cause it's been fine, but I was getting stuck in 2nd gear alot tonight!

Also, the penalties are a ****er, it's bad enough that you crash and get put back at the grid but to add an 8 sec penailty aswell, liberty!

Anyway, feel better now, see you guys at the next GP!!

First time I used a wheel here and it was terrible. Loads of spins and crashes and I was over a second slower than a controller. :yuck: Very hard track, one wheel on the grass at some chicanes and you end up with a 18 second penalty !!!!

I think this is not a track to learn manual gears on as well, but if you can master manuals here at imola along with monaco then you are set for all the tracks. 👍

Well to be honest I felt alot quicker on Thursday although im very happy with 2nd place.
Nearly missed the race though thats why I was slow off the line.

Nice one Gnobody were startimg to rack in the points now!!

Well, tomorrow we're practicing at the Nurburgring, so we'll race with collisions and no penalties and see how it goes. If all is well, then the Grand Prix on Wednesday will keep it this way.

Well to be honest I felt alot quicker on Thursday although im very happy with 2nd place.
Nearly missed the race though thats why I was slow off the line.

Yeah, Im getting worried now, Lotus is only 2 points off Jaguar!!! I doubt I can hold the position after the next GP without J-pap.

Also, gt4genius has finally reached 2nd place in the championship, with equal points to me but leading by virtue of race wins (in this case, gt4genius has more 2nd places).
Both Crooky and Gnobody have leap frogged j-pap, with Crooky only 4 points behind me and gt4genius.
Things are getting heated now, the next GP will decide a few things.

Well, tomorrow we're practicing at the Nurburgring, so we'll race with collisions and no penalties and see how it goes. If all is well, then the Grand Prix on Wednesday will keep it this way.

Yeah I think thats probably the best way. So no one cheating and we use the same rules for overtaking/blocking as we use for GT5P?

I think penalties need to to be left on, Imola is the worst example for penalties, but it's over now, LOL. Also with penalties off you can cut an entire chicane, and the time still registers as the fastest lap of the race, but doesn't register under the main Rankings.

EDIT:- No probs with collisions on, but if you race with penalties off then sorry I won't particpate for that particular race. :(

I think thats mainly thanks to you! 👍 LOL. All I got to do is show up for points, dosen't really seem fair, we need more drivers or a revised point system, I don't feel that I'm earning the points I get!

Great consistant driving Mr Crooky, go Team Lotus! :dopey:

EDIT: I vote collisions and penalties ON, everything ON, more realistic the better!

Ok, well, gt4genius, do you still want penalties off? The consensus seems we should have them on unless we do Imola again, lol.
Yeah, we shall use the same rules as GT5P, mainly:
If you accidentally hit someone off, please wait for them to be respawned and give back the position, or allow them to un-lap themselves.
And the usual OLR rules for overtaking, blocking and right of way rules.

Updated the tables, Im sure you will enjoy what you see (apart from fishfash's slowly huge gap, lol).

Ofcourse majority rules so keep them on. But I personnally would switch them off because I dont think people are going to skip whole chicanes or dive out of the pit lane to block someone. But as you said Imola and Melbourne are 2 of the worst for accidentally taking to much kerb so I dont mind too much if we keep them on.

gt4genius, you inbox is full, so Ill just post here:

Could you host and organise the race tonight? As Im unable to use the PS3 tonight.

gt4genius, you inbox is full, so Ill just post here:

Could you host and organise the race tonight? As Im unable to use the PS3 tonight.

Hah, yeah sorry, thought it would just tell me to delete some when you PM'd. Thats fine with me, I'll have it ready for 10.

Hey Fellas

Did you guys make it back to the lobby? I wasn't being rude and leaving as soon as the race finished, my game froze up just before the race ended and I had to shut down, even the PS button didn't work!

That race was pretty much incedent free from what I saw, although I got my fair share of penalties!

See ya tomorrow at the GP!👍

Yeah same happened here just after I wrote a message about the relief of beating RALF (3rd best driver in f1!!). It is a damn awful track imo but the higher level of AI definately improved my consistency.

1st GYLES
2nd Bad Schumacher
3rd Bad Schumacher's former bitch
4th ME
5th Useless Schumacher
6th Mark "Why the **** did you hit into me you stupid rookie" now teamates Webber
7th GT4 Genius
8th Gnobody

Fastest lap GYLES - 1.26.0 ??
POLE GYLES

Could someone post the results so I can link them in the first post? Thanks.

Another really bad race for me. :dopey: I missed the start tried to post consistent times but couldnt, all varied by about 2-3seconds. Then missed the pit lane, then hit the wall trying to go in. :indiff: Then on the second stop more or less the same story, but when I did make it into the pits the dam crew werent ready :ouch:. So definitly back to auto for the GP tomorrow. I wont beat fishfash but I cant afford to lose points to Crooky either.

Edit: Gyles' fastest lap was a 2.25.9or something like that.

Back