Garage Showdowns! Join Discussion to Make Future Events Better!

I was pushed at 1st corner and hardly recovered !!!

then after the Esses you pushed me on the sand trying to pass me inside ???

Where did I messed ?

But no big deal.... this race anyway... just frustrated I couldn't be in the final battle for victory ;)

Well........ i ended in the sand 3 times that race...... you just have to clear the deadwood of non GTP'ers and then it's on..... when i went up the inside of you at the esses..... i was pushed by the Clio into you as i'd already backed off to sit in behind you.

As i said, i pulled aside to let you retake the position....

I will come for a gander, but don't have any 750PP tuned cars so wont compete.

Well done everyone, great racing. Sorry if I didn't leave room for others to overtake, seeing my car's dimensions from the interior view is one thing, seeing how much room I leave for others is a whole nuther ball park.:scared: I must say though, if I had a wheel (so I could drive a manual) I would have won race 1, not have had an accident with Wayne in race 2, and fought Wayne to the end in race 4. In race 1 my domb auto gearbox changed to 1st gear in the final chicane allowing GTP_hyperuk to just out drag me to the finish, and every lap of every race I lost a good full second trying to exit the hairpin. (Hence the reason Wayne could have been beside me at all for us to have the accident). Damn Lancer pansy punted me off in race 3. I wouldn't have been beside the Lancer if Tuesdaygreen wasn't giving me hell (I could have waited otherwise ), but such is racing. (Except the part about the Lancer pansy being a looser :P
Congrats to Dutch Customs on winning your first Showdown:tup: When I get a new computer I'll post official results and we'll begin organising the next Showdown. :) Until then, dread the day I get a wheel.:mischievous:

PS- Try typing all that from a PS3 like I just did.:sly:

erggghhhhhh...... those LM's on XX:15 were atrocious....... Wayne had the race all to himself after the heavens parted for him and myself, Timmpaq and Ardius were left to try and negotiate that mess....

Well done Wayne!

Check out Dutch Customs Viper. :)

I might make a tune of my own later :)

I must say though, if I had a wheel (so I could drive a manual) I would have won race 1, not have had an accident with Wayne in race 2, and fought Wayne to the end in race 4. In race 1 my domb auto gearbox changed to 1st gear in the final chicane allowing GTP_hyperuk to just out drag me to the finish

Why can't you use manual with the controller?

PS- Try typing all that from a PS3 like I just did.:sly:

Thats whats so handy about USB keyboards. :D

osg
Well........ i ended in the sand 3 times that race...... you just have to clear the deadwood of non GTP'ers and then it's on..... when i went up the inside of you at the esses..... i was pushed by the Clio into you as i'd already backed off to sit in behind you.

As i said, i pulled aside to let you retake the position....

Forget it 👍

Just too bad as we were partner on this race :sly:
I didn't noticed you were part of as not wearing GTP tag and I just saw you now on the list on 1st post.

We'll surely do better next time 👍

I might make a tune of my own later :)

Why can't you use manual with the controller?

Thats whats so handy about USB keyboards. :D

Using manual on the controller is really awkward, especially with my button setup. Plus you have to be able to have 4 different fingers/thumbs doing different things simultaneously.

I might have gotten a USB keyboard if I'd known my computer would die :rolleyes:

Damn close finish in race 1, hyperuk beat me by 0.022sec :eek:

Timmpaq..... did vpwe83 in the Mines Skyline push you off on Lap 2 at Casio???? Geez we were hunting him down like a pack of dogs on lap 3!!!

Pity he ruined your race...... it was a great battle after i cleared the rubbish.

Oh, and you nearly saved that slide at the finish line!!! Looked hairy from my view!!!

Great battle again in XX:45 Timppaq...... after i once again navigated my way through the minefield on lap 1 :( ..... you got punted again by the mines skyline didn't you???

Wayne avoids all the drama for yet another commanding win..... well done again.

Thanks Osg 👍

Won 4 in a row avoiding punt in 1st corner, made my way to 1st and won them all :dopey:

Showdown 3 Official Results

1st= 3pts
2nd= 2pts
3rd= 1pts

1st race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Holden/TLD 2pts
3. Wayne/888 1pts
4. Ardius/DC 0pts

2nd race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Ardius/DC 2pts
3. Stigsmate/888 1pts
4. Wayne/888 0pts
5. Holden/TLD 0pts

3rd race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Timppaq/888 2pts
3. Ardius/DC 1pts
4. Holden/TLD 0pts
5. Stigsmate/888 0pts
6. Wayne/888 0pts

4th race
1. Timppaq/888 3pts
2. Hyperuk/DC 2pts
3. Wayne/888 1pts
4. Holden/TLD 0pts
5. Ardius/DC 0pts
6. osrg/888 0pts
7. Stigsmate/888 0pts

Teams results
1st DC - 14pts
2nd 888 - 8pts
3rd TLD - 2pts

Drivers results
1st Hyperuk - 11pts
2nd Timppaq - 5pts
3rd Ardius - 3pts
4th Holden - 2pts (ahead of Wayne by virtue of race wins - being that Holden has more 2nd places)
5th Wayne - 2pts
6th Stigsmate - 1pts
7th osrg - 0pts

Thanks to Ardius for doing the points tally.👍 (Because I was too lazy :lol: )

Hopefully you can join us next time. Dues to the time it takes to organise one, I figure we'll just wait until the August 1st update. Until then, don't forget these marvellous tuning garages are still in business!

^Are you sure you want to count the points that way? It ignores consistencey lower down the ranks, although it does help stop 888 grab all the points, seeing as they had 4 drivers out there.

Anyway, I tallied up the points:

1st 3pts
2nd 2pts
3rd 1pts

1st race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Holden/TLD 2pts
3. Wayne/888 1pts
4. Ardius/DC 0pts

2nd race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Ardius/DC 2pts
3. Stigsmate/888 1pts
4. Wayne/888 0pts
5. Holden/TLD 0pts

3rd race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Timppaq/888 2pts
3. Ardius/DC 1pts
4. Holden/TLD 0pts
5. Stigsmate/888 0pts
6. Wayne/888 0pts

4th race
1. Timppaq/888 3pts
2. Hyperuk/DC 2pts
3. Wayne/888 1pts
4. Holden/TLD 0pts
5. Ardius/DC 0pts
6. osrg/888 0pts
7. Stigsmate/888 0pts

Teams results
1st DC - 14pts
2nd 888 - 8pts
3rd TLD - 2pts

Drivers results
1st Hyperuk - 11pts
2nd Timppaq - 5pts
3rd Ardius - 3pts
4th Holden - 2pts (ahead of Wayne by virtue of race wins - being that Holden has more 2nd places)
5th Wayne - 2pts
6th Stigsmate - 1pts
7th osrg - 0pts

^Are you sure you want to count the points that way? It ignores consistencey lower down the ranks, although it does help stop 888 grab all the points, seeing as they had 4 drivers out there.

Anyway, I tallied up the points:

1st 3pts
2nd 2pts
3rd 1pts

1st race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Holden/TLD 2pts
3. Wayne/888 1pts
4. Ardius/DC 0pts

2nd race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Ardius/DC 2pts
3. Stigsmate/888 1pts
4. Wayne/888 0pts
5. Holden/TLD 0pts

3rd race
1. Hyperuk/DC 3pts
2. Timppaq/888 2pts
3. Ardius/DC 1pts
4. Holden/TLD 0pts
5. Stigsmate/888 0pts
6. Wayne/888 0pts

4th race
1. Timppaq/888 3pts
2. Hyperuk/DC 2pts
3. Wayne/888 1pts
4. Holden/TLD 0pts
5. Ardius/DC 0pts
6. osrg/888 0pts
7. Stigsmate/888 0pts

Teams results
1st DC - 14pts
2nd 888 - 8pts
3rd TLD - 2pts

Drivers results
1st Hyperuk - 11pts
2nd Timppaq - 5pts
3rd Ardius - 3pts
5th Wayne - 2pts
6th Stigsmate - 1pts
7th osrg - 0pts

Yes that's how I want the points. Thanks for the points tally, very interesting. At least I was the top ranked Tuner.:dopey::sly: I might use those points actually.👍

:lol: 2nd in drivers, with 2 starts! :lol: 👍

Thats what you get with such a points system.
I would propose an F1-style points system, as it would give the drivers not in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th something to actually race over.

However, such a system would favour those teams with the most drivers, so some restrictions on number of drivers per team would need to be put in place.

Thats what you get with such a points system.
I would propose an F1-style points system, as it would give the drivers not in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th something to actually race over.

However, such a system would favour those teams with the most drivers, so some restrictions on number of drivers per team would need to be put in place.

It has to be even, I can't allow the team with more drivers to get more points. Although, when the full GT5 comes I will start a racing series called "V8 Supercars International", or something like that, and it will be individual driver points, not teams, but I don't oppose 2-driver teams, even though the driver points will be individual still. Same setup as V8 Supercars Australia if anyone's interested, but it will be V8 Sedans from all over the world. More details will be available closer to the actual event.

Greetings once more racers of GTP, yes, you'd forgotten all about these tuning garages hadn't you?:sly: Well start remembering, we have Showdown 4 coming soon to a GTP near you!:D At this stage we believe the race will be held at HSR 800 PP, so I will start taking driver nominations right now.:)

The competing garages at this stage are:
The Lion's Den
888 Tuning
Dutch Customs
Digital Racecraft Tuning

I haven't heard back from Dragonistic yet, so I don't know if he's competing.

I sent my reply back now, as stated upon creation of my garage, I do not intend to enter any form of competition at this point. However I may drive for someone, not sure who yet.

Im down for DC, of course :sly:

Count me in for TLD :).

Im there. :)

Put me down for 888.

Yes sirs, right away sirs. I'll send Ravenmaven a message asking what car we shall use, it sounds like it will definitely be 800 PP at HSR. Sorry we're not doing the international event, maybe if they had an international event that wasn't filled with the most boring cars/PP level to drive in the game yet.

Back