GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Another scruffy race for me. Just no consistency at all, laps were between 1:25's- 1:28's and I had 4 penalties including a crash. But one thing I noticed was that around here it's much easier to control the car with a wheel. I could actually chuck the car into the hairpins with ease. đź‘Ť

Cheers Crooky and :lol: at the AI names.

Fastest lap: Gyles69
Pole Position: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 8pts
3. GT4genius/Jordan 6pts
4. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 5pts

1. Lotus 13pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Jordan 6pts
4. Jaguar 0pts
5. <Williams - but not currently racing> 0pts

Sounds like I have some practicing to do.

Just to let everyone know that there is a bug at Nurburgring. Sometimes drivers on the grid end up a lap down at the start of the race !!! :nervous:

Just to let everyone know that there is a bug at Nurburgring. Sometimes drivers on the grid end up a lap down at the start of the race !!! :nervous:

Well, if that happens to anyone, Ill make a note of it and take it into account with the positions. Hopefully, it wont be hard to keep track where everyone is, or hopefully anyone that it happens to can remember where he is.

Wow, what a race, other than the lap bug, that was fantastic! I loved that battle gt4genius! Im sorry if my odd lines screwed you over at times. What happened at the end? I thought you had already done your second pit stop?

Anyway, awesome battle, really on the edge all the way.
Sorry, Gnobody, you'll have to wait for that pass ;)

Results:
Fastest Lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 8pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts
4. gt4genius/Jordan 5pts
5. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 4pts

1. Lotus 12pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Jaguar 6pts
4. Jordan 5pts

I believe that takes me ahead of you again gt4genius? ;) It also brings Crooky a lot closer to overtaking you, and widens the gap between Lotus and Jordan.
Edit: In fact, Lotus now overtakes Jaguar to take 2nd in the championship!!!

Wow, what a race, other than the lap bug, that was fantastic! I loved that battle gt4genius! Im sorry if my odd lines screwed you over at times. What happened at the end? I thought you had already done your second pit stop?

Anyway, awesome battle, really on the edge all the way.
Sorry, Gnobody, you'll have to wait for that pass ;)

Results:
Fastest Lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 8pts
4. gt4genius/Jordan 5pts
5. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 4pts

1. Lotus 12pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Jaguar 6pts
4. Jordan 5pts

I believe that takes me ahead of you again gt4genius? ;) It also brings Crooky a lot closer to overtaking you, and widens the gap between Lotus and Jordan.

Arrrrrrggggghhhh!!! Right the amount of mistakes I'm making is really starting to annoy me. Firstly I was in a rush to get to the lobby and so forgot to change to auto. Then had only 1 lap of qualy, then screwed up the first corner by hitting fishfash, sorry. Then the grid positioning said he was behind me so I waited for him, then I realised the display was wrong and he had already driven past (about 30 seconds before), then had no chance really so just pushed as hard as I could. Caught Gnobody first and got past when he went wide. Then caught Ardius, and well eh, overtaking wasnt exactly clean, sorry about that. But then I was delighted when I seen you lying against the barrier at the last chicane, thought few at least thats over. But oh no, the pit stop screws me over again, I go in as normal but just as I enter the lane it says fuel empty and respawns me in the middle of the main straight, I then go on and pit the next time round, but wait, I forgot to tell the pit crew to be ready, so I have to go another time, then when I come out my heart drops as I see Ardius turn the corner just infront of me.

I would use the little picture faces, but none give my frustration justice!

But some good news, when exiting the game I changed the gears back to auto. So thats the end of that little disastor, back to the way it was before I tried that epic failure!

LOL GT4 genius and with your manual gears saga :crazy: Oh and you never touched me at all at the first turn, the only person behind at that time was MSC. Your screen was showing something else !!! LOL. I think it was the lap bug that caused other bugs as well. Another track to watch out for bugs is Silverstone.

Other than the bug MSC was behind me the entire race, he must have been lapping in the low 1:27's throughout which is quite good for an AI car. :scared:

Also a great race by Crooky just staying behind MSC and just behind me, good job. đź‘Ť

It was me who you hit first corner I think? Or was that Gnobody? All I know, was that you were both waiting for me and I got hit at the first corner, so I have no idea.

I enjoyed the battle we had, even if it meant we had a few collisions, I enjoyed it from start to finish and when I made that spin and crashed I cursed! I was holding onto the 3rd place for over 10 laps only to throw it away with a stupid mistake at the last chicane! I was overjoyed when I saw that you had gone in the pits again and I managed to get past before you came out! For the last 3 or 4 laps, my hands were shaking as I was concentrating so much on not making mistakes and holding that 3rd position!
Very similar race to the first one at Bahrain, where I was racing Crooky in pit stops.

Anyway, im about to update the tables....Lotus is now confirmed as 2nd in the teams championship and I just hold onto 2nd in the drivers championship by 1 point over gt4genius and 2 points over Crooky....getting very close.

Unfortunately, I wont be around next week to organise the Spanish Grand Prix or Practice, so Ill probably see that 2nd disappear. I really want to attend all of the Grand Prix, I dont want to miss any....but I dont want to keep you all waiting a whole week for the next race.
At the very least, Id like to be able to race the Monaco Grand Prix....so is it ok with everyone if we schedule only one GP next week? (you can have as many practice races as gt4genius wants to organise)

Unfortunately, I wont be around next week to organise the Spanish Grand Prix or Practice, so Ill probably see that 2nd disappear. I really want to attend all of the Grand Prix, I dont want to miss any....but I dont want to keep you all waiting a whole week for the next race.
At the very least, Id like to be able to race the Monaco Grand Prix....so is it ok with everyone if we schedule only one GP next week? (you can have as many practice races as gt4genius wants to organise)

Well I wont be around on Monday, so sorry but unless you are happy with a 3 car grid well I seen no point in having it then. In fact I think we should just wait until you are back, it'll give us time for some serious practice and with the points so close now I dont think it would be fare for you to miss the grand prix.

Yeah, Im going on holiday all the way down to Dartmouth for a week from Saturday, so the next time Ill be able to race will be a week on Monday (4th August).

You're really sure that you're not bothered about a GP next week? How does everyone else feel about this? I dont want to seem like Im using this as a way to benefit me and not others who miss races.

Yeah, Im going on holiday all the way down to Dartmouth for a week from Saturday, so the next time Ill be able to race will be a week on Monday (4th August).

You're really sure that you're not bothered about a GP next week? How does everyone else feel about this? I dont want to seem like Im using this as a way to benefit me and not others who miss races.

I see no problem with it. You are the person organising everything, which gives you a little more power over us, and you have given us good notice. Its not like Appie or J-Pap missing them. Appie seems to be gone on a marathon holiday and J-Pap (understandably) dosnt want to get up at around 7 in the morning for the races, so its not like we are waiting on you, we should wait on everyone with similar scenarios. There is only 5 of us so we can be nice to each other in that way. đź‘Ť

Yeah no probs 4th August sounds good to me, it's good to have a break and enjoy your Holiday. We can practice in the mean time ready for your return. ;)

I am rubbish at Spain and Monaco is my worst track, so need loads of practice, that's providing I can pull myself away from Ferrari Challenge. :yuck:

Yeah no probs 4th August sounds good to me, it's good to have a break and enjoy your Holiday. We can practice in the mean time ready for your return. ;)

I am rubbish at Spain and Monaco is my worst track, so need loads of practice, that's providing I can pull myself away from Ferrari Challenge. :yuck:

No need to worry, enjoy FC, dont dare go back to F1 until the 4th ;).

A little break is cool with me, I can get loads of practice in!

I thought it was me that hit you on the first corner Ardius, thats why I waited, anyway, I'm still looking for that elusive 4th finish, I'm coming for you Ardius, maybe not the next race or the one after that but it will come, even if I have to try some Schuy tactics! LOL

Good racing all! See you all at the next one!

Sorry lads I've been a bit busy all week and havent had time for a practice race. I think Ardius is back next week so you should have some practice over the weekend and maybe a practice race on Monday and the real thing on Wednesday?

Yup, i'm back now, Ill update the schedule.

We've got:
Monday: Spain Practice Race
Tuesday: Spanish Grand Prix
Wednesday: Monaco Practice Race
Thursday or Friday: Monaco Grand Prix

:)

Well, ok then, let us know if and when you have got a working copy, and Ill add you to the tables and look forward to seeing you at the race track!

Hi Gents

Unfortunately, I can't make any of the races this week, I'm working night shifts from tonight until Saturday morning!

Anyway, good luck Crooky, go Team Lotus!!

Hi Gents

Unfortunately, I can't make any of the races this week, I'm working night shifts from tonight until Saturday morning!

Anyway, good luck Crooky, go Team Lotus!!

You sure you dont want me to postpone them?

^Well, ill put it to a vote.

We just had the lowest-attended race so far, with on me, fishfash and GT4genius turning up. :nervous:

Well, anyway, the results:

Fastest lap: Gyles69? - not too sure, as the AI was blitzing the race

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. gt4genius/Jordan 8pts

1. Aguri 11pts
2. Jordan 8pts
3. Jaguar 6pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. Williams 0pts

A good race between me and gt4genius till I screwed up and spun about 5 times around lap 9 or 7.
My lord the qualifying was close, only 9 thousands off gt4genius!

Damn Schuey was fast, I spent the entire race trying to beat his lap of 1:13.9 but the closest I got was 1:14.025. Did not get a single lap with slipstream otherwise could have gone a second faster. :yuck:

Well that went.....eh....eh...better than manual anyway! But wow my driving has gotten so bad since the start of the season. I blame GTA4 :sly:. I'll be better in Monaco, hopefully.

Sorry about the spin Ardius, on my screen you were about 3 metres away.

No problem thanks for waiting, shall we keep going with the races then? Seeing as there are only 3 of us right now?

Might make the AI medium for Catalunya....they seem devilishly good for some reason.

Back