Dutch Customs Tuning Shop - Your one stop tuning shop - Closed

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 1,311 comments
Did you hit the rev limiter in top gear? If so, I'll adjust it so you won't anymore. :) Have to look more into 600PP tuning anyway as I have spent most time tuning for 750PP recently. I have only one model for 600PP. ;) Since I have no current requests, feel free to request a tune. :)

OK, a few days after having enormous fun with the 750pp Viper at Daytona Road, I decided to try the Corvette. Again, beautifully tuned. 👍 I began by trying a few "Free Run" laps, got 1'45''9xx on the second lap, making a lot of small mistakes.

The Corvette seems a little faster than the Viper on everything: faster final speed on the main straight, faster around the corners. It's more stable too, not so tail happy when exiting curves. The only point worse than the Viper was a tiny bit of understeer under breaking (usually a problem when I missed the breaking point).
Overall, this car is a beast. Haven't tried the Ford GT LM yet, but I'm almost ready to say this is the best car for this race.

Having said all that, the Viper is still my favorite, more fun to drive, better sound... I don't know... a bit more "soul" than the Vette. ;-)

Thanks for the nice feedback! 👍 Personally, I like the Viper/Tuned better than the Vette/Tuned as well, despite the fact that the latter is faster. :)

And you should try the GTLM, it's a beast. 👍 Unfortunately, also a lot less forgiveable.

Nissan GT-R '07 750PP Daytona Road​

What's this? A lousy 722PP car for Daytona Road? This can't be any good, can it?

Well, it sure as hell can! DC is proud to present the Nissan GT-R '07 for Daytona Road 750PP! Sure, it's not as fast as a GTLM, but boy is this tune competitive!

Try it out and let me know what you think of it!

Power: +39
Weight: 85
Tyres: R1

Height: -15/-11
Springs: 4/7
Dampers: 3/6
Toe: -0.16/+0.21
Camber: 1.9/1.7
Brakes: 4/4
Torque split: 30/70

Angle: 40
TC: OFF
ABS: 1

1st: 3354
2nd: 2257
3rd: 1618
4th: 1234
5th: 1001
6th: 0819
Final: 3586

cheers, and have fun!

Lars

Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car 750PP Daytona Road​

No more 4 or 5 speed pussying around this time! This is the full 6-gearbox powerhouse for Daytona Road! Still handling quite nicely, and blazingly fast too, this is most definitely the meanest car around. Have fun, and again, feedback is appreciated!

Power: -9
Tires: R1
Downforce: 20/35

Height: -5/-5
Springs: 5/4
Dampers: 4/3
Toe: -0.08/+0.12
Camber: 1.9/1.8
Brakes: 7/2

Angle: 40
TC: OFF

1st: 2250 /102 kmh
2nd: 1531 /150 kmh
3rd: 1150 /200 kmh
4th: 0921 /250 kmh
5th: 0768 /300 kmh
6th: 0686 /360 kmh
Final: 4195

2nd round time in free lap: 1'43.633

Now I see why there are so many of these cars at this event. 195 mph approaching the chicane is just sick! The final gear adjustment brought the top end speed down and still...195 mph!!! Lengthening the 1st gear gave this tune a massive boost in acceleration out of the slowest corners. Engine mapping was smooth and responsive to my driving style. As for the suspension, not a hint of quiver or jar approaching the turns or exiting the last turn complex onto the back oval section. Braking was dairy smooth and predictable. The chicane section will take some practice to get the brake, entry and exit points just right as you tend to carry a lot of speed in race situations and the GT test does not suffer fools easily as say the Vettes through this tough section. I imagine this tune took some time to develop. My hats off to DC for such a quick and stable car. 👍👍👍

Thanks for the nice review. 👍 It did take some time to develop, but it should also be taken into account that I developed a tune for this car for Suzuka first. If you compare the Daytona Road tune to the Suzuka tune, you'll notice I changed only the gears and ride height. :) And ofcourse a bit more power to compensate for the R1 tyres. ;) I did quite a few runs to test if the suspension or brake settings needed finetuning, but I found them to be just right, so I didn't change them. :)

I am also very curious what the Friday update will bring and how it will effect these tunes. :)

NLxAROSA have you got a tune for an M3 for 600PP. havent been able to use this since the tire change and now such low grip it is almost undriveable.

I am quite happy to supply you with a tune for the M3. 👍 I'm rather stuffed time-wise right now, so I think it would be best to wait until after Friday's update.

are the tracks updated friday then? i just thought it was a software and tech. update! ok then, will wait until friday. look forward to the tune

I am excited about the update. I wonder what kinds of things will be adjusted? Just to let you know I love your tunes NLxAROSA. Like how they are track specific. Perfect for me.

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe/Tuned 750PP Daytona Road.
WOW I got second place with three bad errors first run with this setup. AMAZING! I rarely get top three. This car is really good. It is forgiving for a sloppy driver like myself. I kept catching up to the flawless Italian s2000 driver in front of me. This guy ran a perfect race and I hit grass, dirt and walls and still finished 5 seconds behind him. Thanks for this setup. By the way I JUST bought this car and tried to tune it myself. Well, I suck at tuning so I checked here. Good god. I did zero free run practice laps. Did the tune, straight to track and podium. My new favorite!

Thanks for the nice feedback. 👍 The Viper/Tuned is my personal favorite as well. It sounds good, it handles well and it's also very fast. :)

I assume the update will have limited impact on most models and slightly more impact on a specific few. We'll have to wait until Friday to see which ones are affected the most. I just hope 750PP is still present. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice feedback. 👍 The Viper/Tuned is my personal favorite as well. It sounds good, it handles well and it's also very fast. :)

I assume the update will have limited impact on most models and slightly more impact on a specific few. We'll have to wait until Friday to see which ones are affected the most. I just hope 750PP is still present. ;)

The Viper/Tuned doesn't sound so well from the "chase" view.:P Luckily I don't use that any more and it sounds tough from the interior view.:D

I think RWD will be affected the most. They never mentioned an increase is grip, just more controllability, and AWD and FWD are as controllable as they can get already.:P Unless it's 750 PP the Tuned cars are totally pointless IMO. They'd be too powerful and mind-numbingly fast if the PP was increased, and too slow and rather downgraded (who wants to downgrade their car exactly?) if the PP was decreased. What we do need urgently is more Tuned cars. I believe there was meant to be an RX-7/Tuned and IS-F/Tuned in the US release that never made it. My honest guess is they're saving those 2 for the first "bonus cars download".

All right, a weekend of racing your Ford GT LM, here is my review.

I'm still having some problems with this car, but let me first clarify my skill level... I'm not that good. On my free runs, I'm a whopping 2 seconds slower than Ravenmaven's time, but I still could get a number of first places and podiums, even constantly starting from 11th or 12th (I'm using the full fledged 750pp version, which puts me on the back of the field on the start).

First point: on the first turn after the long oval part, the car is absolutely controlled under breaking, no problem whatsoever doing that turn. Comparing that with the constant countersteer I had to do to the original setup, wasn't even close.

Second point: the high speed left turn, between the two low speed right turns. This one is tricky (at least for me). Two things can kill you here: if you turn too early and get too much of the curb on the inside, or if you turn too ate and touch the grass on the outside, you're done. It's also hard to correct for those mistakes because if you turn the wheel too much, you'll loose the back, and that's it.
Also, a very interesting effect here is that for the first time I've noticed how you loose downforce when you're close to another car, and the car becomes unstable (of course this also affects the other cars, but for the Ford it's very pronounced).

Third point: the chicanes. With the original setup this was a joke... took me three laps to do it cleanly. Much improved in your setup, but I have to admit that I still haven't mastered this part. I either go too slow, or to the grass. :dunce:. It's specially tricky, when I'm overtaking someone on the inside. If you touch the grass, or you have to correct something on the second bend, that's it.

OK, this review is too long already. Your setup is a huge improvement over the default, blistering fast and through most parts, very controllable 👍. But it's not for the faint of heart... any mistake and you're out. I'll try to play with the settings a little and make it less oversteery (= less fun), and see what I can do.

NLxAROSA - I have been using your GTLM tune for some time now and safe to say i think its the best GTLM tune out there (for me anyway).

In the early stages of a lap under braking its very stable, grips good and downforce is perfect. It can get away from you in throttle out the corners but thats what 535bhp GT is going to do to you.

Coming into the bus stop chicanes i think you have done pretty much the best you can get out of it. It can still be pretty unstable when pushing hard through here but taking it at a few mph less, you can make it back up on the straights.

Overall i think this is the best GTLM out there and have won alot of races with it, and today in a race online i managed to pull out a 5.20.740 starting from 5th.

Thanks for the great tune :cheers:

Yah was driving your tunefor the gt lm test car, last night, and really liked it, excellent work...

if i would like to stiffen up the steering a bit, i usually got it set to 30 sterring angle, so if i want a bit more resistance in my steering, how would i go about that as i´m quite clueless when it comes to tuning and usually have to go by sheer dumb luck heh!?

dandrad, jackstanley1234, Angerdx, all of you thanks for the nice feedback. 👍 The GTLM is the fastest car on Daytona Road....íf you can keep your laps error free, because correcting mistakes with this baby is no easy task, especially with a controller. I just hope there is still a use for it after Friday's update. :)

As for resistance in the wheel, I think that needs to be setup in the Options menu, rather than the tuning screen? I wouldn't know, since I use the Sixaxis controller and have no wheel. But perhaps a wheel-user could shed some light on this. :)

AngerdX, What setting do you have your force feedback @, try turning it up, I have my G25 set on 10 and it's great.

sorry for being a bit unclear i just don´t know how to properly explain heh, i run it at ff 10 so that´s great altho i´d expected it to be a bit stronger at that setting, i guess what i mostly miss is the anti roll bars you could use in the full GT...

@NLxAROSA Great tune nontheless, and after trying your viper sr10 tuned i´m really happy with it, it handles like a dream!

Glad to hear you like it! 👍 But now for something completely different. ;) Dutch Customs presents:

The Corvette Z06/Tuned 750PP Online Daytona Road

After retuning all my other 750PP cars for Daytona Road, I couldn't leave the Vette all alone, now could I? Here's the setup, I hope you like what I did to it. Judging from the reports I got from my test drivers, this baby is really fast! Let me know what you think of it!

Power: -1
Tires: R1
Downforce: 20/35
Ride Height: -5/-5
Spring: 4/4
Damper: 2/3
Toe: -0.06/+0.12
Camber: 1.5/0.8
Brakes: 4/4
Steering angle: 50
Traction: OFF
1st: 2308 (86 km/h)
2nd: 1588 (125 km/h)
3rd: 1197 (165 km/h)
4th: 0943 (210 km/h)
5th: 0749 (265 km/h)
6th: 0596 (357 km/h)
Final gear: 4500

As always: have fun!

Is this for the wheel or controller?

All tunes are tuned by me using a Sixaxis controller. The tunes are then tested by my loyal test drivers GTP_hyperuk, who uses a wheel, and Ardius, who uses a controller. :) And ofcourse all my customers, some of which drive with a wheel and some of which drive with a controller. Like GTP_hyperuk said: just hop in and give it a go! I am always interested in feedback, good or bad. 👍

Very good tune have been killing people at daytona road with the Vette, Only thing I changed was the brake bias to fit my style of braking. I like the short quick gear's as well punch's you off the corner's nice. Im using the G25 and for me I found it works best with the sequential shift rather then the clutch & H pattern, I was wondering if it was set up for this?

Anyway I think my best time was around a 1:44.??? and was wondering how this compared to the test times? Do you post what the car's ran in the test session's anyware?

Good setup thanks.

Thanks Juice476. It's not specifically setup for controller, wheel or any shifter. :)

A 1:44.xxx is a very good time BTW. I usually don't post my own times since I'm quite a mediocre driver. ;) But if you browse through this thread you'll see plenty of people posting the times they get with my tunes. :)

And you can ofcourse ask any of my testdrivers what they ran. :)

Anyway I think my best time was around a 1:44.??? and was wondering how this compared to the test times? Do you post what the car's ran in the test session's anyware?

Good setup thanks.

Yeah 1min 44's are very competitive..... i've run a best of 1'44.095 with the vette in online free run with NLxAROSA's stellar tune, with the only adjust ment being brake bias to 3/5.

Hey man, I decided to try out the Vette/Viper/GTLM tunes before the race closes..... and DAMN I gotta say ive been missing out LOL.... very nice tunes... Very stable... My first time out with the vette got me 1st place LOL... That thing goes like stink... The Viper however is probably my favorite... gives you the most excitement... always on the edge but still holding it... I like :) GTLM is just plain fast.... that is definately THE car for this track...

Latest Posts

Back