GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Heh, fine with me. I was keeping ahead of Schumi for a while, but the AI is naturally consistent, it doesnt seem to slow down rediculously for certain corners like on other tracks.

No problem thanks for waiting, shall we keep going with the races then? Seeing as there are only 3 of us right now?

Might make the AI medium for Catalunya....they seem devilishly good for some reason.

Maybe we should wait and use the time to find more drivers. Although we should try and keep this thread alive with practice.

Edit: Wohoo, my 1000th post :dopey:

Last edited:
Good idea, the rest of the week can be practice races then.

I suppose Ill start asking around again, its hard to not spam threads though, lol.

Not sure if I can make it tonight, so if someone could host it instead? Ill try and join if I can, but I cant promise to be there in time.

Dont worry people, just got back late.

The Practice race tonight is still on and Im sending the PMs right now!

Oh, and a word of warning - Im keeping up my promise...which means expect a Monaco Wet Race. :sly:

Oh dear, that was a little insane. I tried taking it slow for the first lap, as I expected it to be bad, but I felt I could perhaps open it up a bit and thats when I started making mistakes. Definitely a track to stay slow on.
Kept getting a thousand penalties from the several wheels that I lost and had to make the trip to the pits a second time for a nose cone.....plus I ruin the pit exit every time.

This is a promising race I think for some different results, but definitely a headache for almost everyone involved. Ah well, it breaks the championship up, be a bit boring to have all dry races.
Anyway, the results:

Fastest lap: Gyles69
Pole Position: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts

1. Aguri 11pts
2. Jordan 8pts
3. Jaguar 6pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. Williams 0pts

Yeah really really good race. Funny moment on the start of the second lap "wohoo Gyles crashed, oh **** wall wall waalllllll!!!"

Had a crash very similar to, I think, Alonso a few years ago when he crashed in the tunnel and gestured at Schumacer as he went past, very similar moment!

Heh, yeah, I saw that. I think Gyles caught me with my nose cone buried in the barrier before the hairpin as well :indiff:
The first few corners in the first lap were on the edge, I was concentrating way too much avoding smashing into the back of you, gt4genius.

Oh, and I couldnt for the life of me get heat into the front tyres at all, especially the front right.

Heh, yeah, I saw that. I think Gyles caught me with my nose cone buried in the barrier before the hairpin as well :indiff:
The first few corners in the first lap were on the edge, I was concentrating way too much avoding smashing into the back of you, gt4genius.

Oh, and I couldnt for the life of me get heat into the front tyres at all, especially the front right.

Yeah mine wouldnt heat up either. You could warm them for qualy by locking the fronts under braking, but thats not really a good idea during the race.

As for driving behind me, sorry if I ever got in your or fishfash's way aggresivily, I tried to look behind as often as possible but even that was only really once or twice a lap.

Yeah that was an enjoyable race but I had around 4 or 5 crashes and loads of pens :crazy: Great battle with GT4 genius from lap 2 onwards, and it was impossible to overtake, I couldn't see anything either with all the spray from GT4 genius's car. :dopey:

Schuey won that race good and proper I finished over 1 minute behind him !!!! LOL. Only consolation was that I got the fastest lap. 👍

Got your message Ardius. I should be there on time or, my usual, 5 minutes late :dopey:.

That wasnt as successful as yesterday. Sorry to Ardius for doing a Raikkionen on you! And Pepsicoke, welcome to the championship and sorry for taping you after you had crashed, I would have waited but I think you damaged your car before I hit you anyway, sorry.
Thanks for letting me past Crooky, as you seen I glanced back at you and then didnt notice how close I was to that barrier! :dunce: One of my more imbarasing crashes.

Also something happened during qualy and the internet connection dropped and I didnt get to set a time :indiff:.

Last edited:
^No problem, any collision on this circuit is pretty hard to avoid, least of all in the rain!

Think it may as well be official now: Pepsi0 is now the new owner of Williams!

Better race this time, and a little less crazy than last time. Great to see Crooky again too!
I had a lot less mistakes this time around and I managed to keep ahead of gt4genius a while, but it didnt last. Ah well, I have better hopes for the full race.

Results are as follows:
Fastest lap: Gyles69
Pole Position: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. Gt4genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts
4. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 5pts
5. Pepsicoke/Williams 4pts

1. Aguri 11pts
2. Jordan 8pts
3. Jaguar 6pts
4. Lotus 5pts
5. Williams 4pts

That makes this practice race the first time since the start of this championship that all 5 teams have raced and scored points! Interestingly, this also has been the first time since the start we've had two practice races for one Grand Prix.

Oh, and sorry to everyone at the end there, my PS3 once again froze, F1:CE seems to have a habit of crashing my PS3 randomly on the lobby screen.

Lastly - everyone up for a second practice race at Catalunya tomorrow night? I think it makes more sense to practice the next Grand Prix before racing it (although im not sure if everyone wants to do a third practice at Monaco, lol). Im sure everyone will also be glad of the dry weather again, I know I will be!

Last edited:
A much better race for me, I only made 2 mistakes (8 sec pens) but I was pushing very hard throughout. Lapping in the 1:19's the entire race with a few 1:20's here and there. I was over 2 seconds a lap faster than I was yesterday. :yuck:

Thanks to all who moved over to let me by, absolutely impossible to overtake here without banging wheels or having some sort of incident. 👍

A much better race for me, I only made 2 mistakes (8 sec pens) but I was pushing very hard throughout. Lapping in the 1:19's the entire race with a few 1:20's here and there. I was over 2 seconds a lap faster than I was yesterday. :yuck:

Thanks to all who moved over to let me by, absolutely impossible to overtake here without banging wheels or having some sort of incident. 👍

Yeah, I saw that 1.19, couldnt believe my eyes! Maybe I should ramp the AI up again to provide you with a better challenge? :P

I tried to move over as soon as was best for lapping cars, I'd also like to thank those who moved over for me (I think pepsicoke and Crooky did? Not sure if that was collisions though, lol).

Anyway, ill assume everyone's ok for tomorrow then?

Yeah, I saw that 1.19, couldnt believe my eyes! Maybe I should ramp the AI up again to provide you with a better challenge? :P

I tried to move over as soon as was best for lapping cars, I'd also like to thank those who moved over for me (I think pepsicoke and Crooky did? Not sure if that was collisions though, lol).

Anyway, ill assume everyone's ok for tomorrow then?

LOL, I don't mind either way what ever is best for everyone else 👍 I think Heavy Rain in Monaco & Suzaka, are dangerous combinations, don't want to give you anymore ideas....LOL. :nervous:

Tommorrow is good for me 👍

Heh, Suzuka, eh? Nah, so far I think a wet race at Silverstone is a must and then after that I dont know which tracks will be rain, I suppose it will be random. Maybe the Hungaroring?
We'll see.

^No worries, not all our races are like that, today should be better with Catalunya+dry weather.

Oh, and Ive added you to the drivers table, pepsi. All you have to do now to be immortalised on it for ever is to finish one Grand Prix. :)
If you can find a teammate, you may even be able to beat a few teams as well, although I might have another driver joining soon, so you wont have to search long.

^No worries, not all our races are like that, today should be better with Catalunya+dry weather.

Oh, and Ive added you to the drivers table, pepsi. All you have to do now to be immortalised on it for ever is to finish one Grand Prix. :)
If you can find a teammate, you may even be able to beat a few teams as well, although I might have another driver joining soon, so you wont have to search long.
I'd be happy to join at least this coming race if possible. I can't promise attending every race though, is that ok? Seems like Team Aguri got a slot that nobody else is using.

Ok, that's great.

And is the Catalunya race just a practice race again?

Edit- Oh, I've just noticed that this is an hour earlier than the normal time. Is that correct?

Last edited:
I'd be happy to join at least this coming race if possible. I can't promise attending every race though, is that ok? Seems like Team Aguri got a slot that nobody else is using.

Yeah thats fine, would you like to join the championship? Theres no obligation to come to every race, hell, Appie hasnt been to one yet and hes still counted for the moment.

Ok, that's great.

And is the Catalunya race just a practice race again?

Edit- Oh, I've just noticed that this is an hour earlier than the normal time. Is that correct?

Yup, this is a practice race and I just had brainfade and put the wrong time, lol.
Its normal time, 22:00.

Yeah thats fine, would you like to join the championship? Theres no obligation to come to every race, hell, Appie hasnt been to one yet and hes still counted for the moment.

Yup, this is a practice race and I just had brainfade and put the wrong time, lol.
Its normal time, 22:00.

And you also got the wrong date. It's the 8th today.:sly:

Yeah that sounds like fun. But how does it work? 2200 uk time? And password and server here soon before? Does everyone drive with presets? And online, it doesn't matter which team one choses, right? Because all cars have same speed?

Yeah that sounds like fun. But how does it work? 2200 uk time? And password and server here soon before? Does everyone drive with presets? And online, it doesn't matter which team one choses, right? Because all cars have same speed?

Yeah, I host the game around 22:00 UK time, in the European "Universe", Parabolica lobby.
I private message the game name and password to all the confirmed drivers here on this forum.
Im not sure what you mean with presets? Are you talking about car setups? Because online, you cant change the setup of the car at all, everyone gets the same car and you cant pick your pit strategy or your tyres or anything really.

Yeah, it doesnt matter what team you pick, only one person can drive each car anyway, as the maximum players is 11.
All the cars handle the same and everything too.

Back