GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Yeah, I host the game around 22:00 UK time, in the European "Universe", Parabolica lobby.
I private message the game name and password to all the confirmed drivers here on this forum.
Im not sure what you mean with presets? Are you talking about car setups? Because online, you cant change the setup of the car at all, everyone gets the same car and you cant pick your pit strategy or your tyres or anything really.

Yeah, it doesnt matter what team you pick, only one person can drive each car anyway, as the maximum players is 11.
All the cars handle the same and everything too.
Yes I meant setups. Doh! That means I can't say that someone had a better car if (when) I get pwned! :)

Heh, well, Ive added you to the table now, Ive had to add an extra space as well if anyone decides to join Williams, and Ill probably have to add more if J-pap doesnt come back and I find a temporary replacement.

Gack, I cant make it tonight. Sorry everyone, unfortunately, the TV my PS3 is connected to is going to be in use, and I only found out just now.

Could you host the game and send the PMs, genius?

I would appreciate it if someone could post the results too.

Last edited:
Gack, I cant make it tonight. Sorry everyone, unfortunately, the TV my PS3 is connected to is going to be in use, and I only found out just now.

Could you host the game and send the PMs, genius?

I would appreciate it if someone could post the results too.

Yeah no problem. With my connection though there might be a small bit of lag so I hope that dosent put the newcomers off.

So, how did it go?

:lol:, No one commented on it yet! It went well for me I thought. Normal enough race. No big mistakes for me :sly:. Still 1 whole second a lap off Fishfash's pace though :indiff:.

1)Gyles
2)GT4genius
3)Alltidxx
4)PepsiO

Nearly caught up with Gyles on the second stop, I think he crashed into the pit wall or something.

PepsiO what happened you, you said that the car kept runniig out of fuel, had you pitted?

Good race for me and well done GT4 genius you nearly had me at the second round of pitstops. :nervous:

I came into do my second stop and I hit the wall, the car then respawned on the main straight, so I had to reverse to get back to the pits otherwise would have run out of fuel. :crazy:

Let me guess, fishfash fastest lap and pole then?

Im really interested to see how I fit in with Alltidxx and Pepsicoke and where that leaves Crooky and Gnobody. Should be a good race, come the Grand Prix!
I regret not being there tonight, but alas.

Fastest lap: Gyles69
Pole Position; Gyles69

1. Gyles/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4genius/Jordan 8pts
3. Alltidxx/Aguri 6pts
4. Pepsicoke/Williams 5pts

1. Aguri 17pts
2. Jordan 8pts
3. Williams 5pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. Jaguar 0pts

Hmm, I think Aguri will pull away with the championship from now on.

Last edited:
Good race for me and well done GT4 genius you nearly had me at the second round of pitstops. :nervous:

I came into do my second stop and I hit the wall, the car then respawned on the main straight, so I had to reverse to get back to the pits otherwise would have run out of fuel. :crazy:

That just shows how far back I was :grumpy:. Although 💡, maybe you should be disqualified for reversing on the track! I would win by default :dopey:.

We started up 5 but only 3 finished I think. I'm happy with the way the start went. No incident for the cars infront of me and myself at least. I was really focusing on doing a good start and not risking anything but still pushing as much as I dared. I really didn't want to make an ass of myself or ruin the race for anyone else either so I tried hard to keep out of trouble. I snatched 2 places from the grid position this way I think, there was a Renault braking way too late so I passed him on the inside just by being on-line :) After that, the first 2 laps I was chasing second place but I was so nervous I couldn't drive properly. After that the car ahead pulled away and I raced by my lonsome the rest of the race. I did spin on the last lap though but with noone in sight that worked out anyway.

We started up 5 but only 3 finished I think. I'm happy with the way the start went. No incident for the cars infront of me and myself at least. I was really focusing on doing a good start and not risking anything but still pushing as much as I dared. I really didn't want to make an ass of myself or ruin the race for anyone else either so I tried hard to keep out of trouble. I snatched 2 places from the grid position this way I think, there was a Renault braking way too late so I passed him on the inside just by being on-line :) After that, the first 2 laps I was chasing second place but I was so nervous I couldn't drive properly. After that the car ahead pulled away and I raced by my lonsome the rest of the race. I did spin on the last lap though but with noone in sight that worked out anyway.

I assure you that youll probably be battling me or Crooky (although he seems to be the one im chasing recently..hmm) then next race, lol, Im nearly always chasing second place.

That wasnt a Renault, I was in the Renault and in 2nd the whole race. Dont be nervous, there is nothing to be nervous about. You had a good solid pace for 3rd, and you werent really being threatened so if I were you I would have just pushed as hard as possible.

That wasnt a Renault, I was in the Renault and in 2nd the whole race. Dont be nervous, there is nothing to be nervous about. You had a good solid pace for 3rd, and you werent really being threatened so if I were you I would have just pushed as hard as possible.
Ok, I guess some other car then. I just felt that someone was there behind me even though a couple of seconds back so I was still nervous and thought it'd be wiser to be safe than sorry and focused on staying on track. Catalunya is my least favorite track also. Maybe that contributed to my nervousness :)

Ok, so I missed my first pit stop and ran out of fuel, so I got respawned back to the track and I went in the pits again, and this time it wouldn't let me, because I just drove staight through it. So on each and every lap I was running out of fuel and it wouldn't let me pit, so I just waited on the grass until the session ended.

Another bad session for me then.:sly:

Yeah, I tried that a few times and there was actually no answer to it...my pit crew is very unreliable.

When you press pit request the pits icon in the bottom right hand corner should turn green/flashing green to show that they are ready for you. I wouldnt listen for them because the voice thing is unreliable but the green light seems to tell the truth.

Yeah, I tried that a few times and there was actually no answer to it...my pit crew is very unreliable.

My advice - push select the lap you start with the fuel guage at 1. Then pit that lap. You cant push select as you go into the pits to get them to come out, you have to push it at least half way around the track, but I make sure to push it on the start/finish straight so i dont forget.
You can usually do an extra lap with the fuel guage at 0, but I wouldnt advise it because you run the risk of running out before the pits.

This is where fuel strategies come in a little bit.

The pit crew are only ready when the pit light is flashing green in the bottom left of the screen, if its orange, its just telling you that your fuel or tyres are running low and that the team "advises" you to pit. Like genius said, never trust the voice, its never accurate and usually tells you to pit earlier than you need to.

Ok I should be able to make it to the Spanish Grand Prix, hopefully I can get my act together and score a few valuable points.:sly:

You might wanna put in "TeamBubblegum (known as Alltidxx here)" so noone gets confused and kicks me out tonight :)

And, just to build some tension for the race, my name comes from the phrase:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and to KICK ASS... and I'm all out of bubblegum! :)

You might wanna put in "TeamBubblegum (known as Alltidxx here)" so noone gets confused and kicks me out tonight :)

And, just to build some tension for the race, my name comes from the phrase:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and to KICK ASS... and I'm all out of bubblegum! :)

Heh, They Live quote - awesome. 👍

Yeah, I didnt know if your PSN was a different name or not, so Ill update that now.
Also, Gnobody, are you going to be able to make it? Just so I know who to send PMs to. :)

Last edited:
Hi Gents

I'm in for tonight, haven't had any practice on this track lately, will get a few laps before the race!

See ya there!

If Crooky turns up too, this will be our best attended race ever, with 7 drivers. Just need J-pap and Appie to come back and bring the numbers up to 9 and we'll be all set for competition over all of the points positions.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works! But I'm fine with tonight but I'm getting results from major exams on Wednesday and unless they are really bad I wont be here Wednesday evening.

^No problem! I put it on Wednesday because I wasnt sure about tomorrow night, but Ive just sorted tomorrow out so I can move the race forward :)👍

Back