GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
I'm going to join the lobby a few minutes before the race starts, is that alright Ardius?

You mean you might be joining late or you're going to do a few races first?

Well anyway:
A word of warning to the new drivers - race starts at about 10 minutes past as we give a bit of time for people to join and so on. Just in case you're wondering why I dont hit start race immediately or if you're worried about not making it on time exactly to the hour.

You mean you might be joining late or you're going to do a few races first?

Well anyway:
A word of warning to the new drivers - race starts at about 10 minutes past as we give a bit of time for people to join and so on. Just in case you're wondering why I dont hit start race immediately or if you're worried about not making it on time exactly to the hour.

Oh no no, I'm not joining late at all. I'm just doing a few practice and warm up laps right now so I don't have to wait in the lobby for a really long time. I join about five to ten, maybe a bit earlier.

I will post the results in a minute, firstly, I am seriously pissed off at the lack driving ettiquette displayed there, Pepsi. That was totally out of line. I'd like to hear your side of that first though.

Also, I'd really like to know who took me out at the first corner, because I couldnt tell if they waited or not for me (at least 3 people waited or crashed i think).

I also had a third incident with Alltidxx in which he spun me out but Im not sure if he noticed because there was a little bit of lag. I did the same to him earlier but I just noticed, so I waited.

Other than that, a rather dull race, seeing as I was basically out of the race from the start. :grumpy:

Great race. I had a great start, sorry about that collision at the first corner though. I managaed to actually get up to third and then the first pit stop bought me down to 5th, where I had a spin and a few amazing battles with Alltidxx. I had a few collisions at the end though.

And Ardius I was trying to keep you off my tail for a bit, but I didn't want to have any crashes though. Great battle on the straight.

Mine froze at the start aswell, and then signed out when the results were up. :indiff: Well I'm happy enough 2nd place I think is all I can ever hope for :guilty:, and a time of 1.15.4 isnt too shabby. Sorry about the first lap Crooky, it looked to me as if your car had gone way wide, almost on the grass, but thats the lag I suppose.
And ofcourse it wouldnt have been a proper race without me hitting Ardius:dunce:, sorry but I thought your car would turn invisible because I was lapping you, PepsiO's did.

I'm happy in last, that's probably the best I'll ever actually do, lol. I whish I hadn't of made any mistakes because I would've probably finished 3rd.

Great race. I had a great start, sorry about that collision at the first corner though. I managaed to actually get up to third and then the first pit stop bought me down to 5th, where I had a spin and a few amazing battles with Alltidxx. I had a few collisions at the end though.

And Ardius I was trying to keep you off my tail for a bit, but I didn't want to have any crashes though. Great battle on the straight.

Dude, next time wait if you cause a collision and keep to the one block only rule. I had already overtaken when you sideswiped me and put yourself off.
If Im coming up behind you, you are allowed 1 block only, thats it.
Lastly, if someone has any part of their car alongside of you, you should never, ever, try and block, as obviously it takes either you or the other driver out.

And no worries, genius, at least i didnt spin or take any bad damage at all.

Oh, and Crooky, Ive taken the glitch into account. :) I dont get why it always happens to you, lol.

Anyway, the results:

Fastest lap: Gyles69
Pole Position: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4 genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 6pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5pts
5. TeamBubblegum/Aguri 4pts
6. Pepsicoke/Williams 3pts

1. Aguri 15pts
2. Jordan 8pts
3. Lotus 6pts
4. Jaguar 5pts
5. Williams 3pts

Last edited:
Mine froze at the start aswell, and then signed out when the results were up. :indiff: Well I'm happy enough 2nd place I think is all I can ever hope for :guilty:, and a time of 1.15.4 isnt too shabby. Sorry about the first lap Crooky, it looked to me as if your car had gone way wide, almost on the grass, but thats the lag I suppose.
And ofcourse it wouldnt have been a proper race without me hitting Ardius:dunce:, sorry but I thought your car would turn invisible because I was lapping you, PepsiO's did.

No worries was the least of my problems tonight TBH .

Sorry for hitting you Ardius probably on the first or second lap, my line is a bit different so that I can get good speed on the straight and I think you were coming off from the gravel/grass back onto the racing line just before the final turn it was such a high closing speed that I couldn't really do anything...

No worries was the least of my problems tonight TBH .

Sorry for hitting you Ardius probably on the first or second lap, my line is a bit different so that I can get good speed on the straight and I think you were coming off from the gravel/grass back onto the racing line just before the final turn it was such a high closing speed that I couldn't really do anything...

Hmm, I dont remember that, I dont think it was me, unless I was mistaken about me and Alltidxx clashing.
Whatever, the only real controversial collision I had was with Pepsi.

I was completely rammed in the first corner, lost my right front wheel and the wing. Later on the same lap I was pushed so hard from behind that I had no chance but to watch the barrier slam into me. Lost rear wing and rear wheel. At that point I was really quite annoyed. Ardius, at that third incident you mention yes I did notice I spun you off. Didn't really mean to tap you. You were swerving back into the track from the curbs and it was hard to tell whether I needed to get off throttle or not. I guess it didn't help that at that point I was not overly keen to kindly let off the throttle when I had not myself received better treatment (way worse in fact).

The fun in this race was trying to keep Gyles69 from lapping me. After the first rather kamikaze-like overtaking attempt on the backstraight when I kept racingline I decided to go midroad to try to prevent that on the lap after. I Knew I had to brake earlier but didn't quite do it properly, went off and saw myself passed. Hey, I didn't see anyone waving a blueflag so :)
I wonder what our teamboss thinks now... ha ha

Anyways, I hope the wreckless drivning will go away to the next event.

Hmm, I dont remember that, I dont think it was me, unless I was mistaken about me and Alltidxx clashing.
Whatever, the only real controversial collision I had was with Pepsi.

Ahh well I think the results did our respective speeds justice so roll on monaco :)

I was completely rammed in the first corner, lost my right front wheel and the wing. Later on the same lap I was pushed so hard from behind that I had no chance but to watch the barrier slam into me. Lost rear wing and rear wheel. At that point I was really quite annoyed. Ardius, at that third incident you mention yes I did notice I spun you off. Didn't really mean to tap you. You were swerving back into the track from the curbs and it was hard to tell whether I needed to get off throttle or not. I guess it didn't help that at that point I was not overly keen to kindly let off the throttle when I had not myself received better treatment (way worse in fact).

The fun in this race was trying to keep Gyles69 from lapping me. After the first rather kamikaze-like overtaking attempt on the backstraight when I kept racingline I decided to go midroad to try to prevent that on the lap after. I Knew I had to brake earlier but didn't quite do it properly, went off and saw myself passed. Hey, I didn't see anyone waving a blueflag so :)

Well, no worries then I apologise if my driving seemed erratic, but I seemed to be getting some lag from a few people.
The next race will be a little bit of a worry....I fully expect there to be chaos, Monaco is the worst track for overtaking so I expect some people will be making some daring moves, especially because it will be a heavy wet race.

I was pretty annoyed at the first corner because I had decided to slow down and let everyone through to avoid any first corner mishaps, yet lo and behold someone manages to hit me anyway even though I had qualified last. Does anyone know who did that?

Were you in the Ferrari? If so I doubt Gyles is too happy. I seen you held him up for quite awhile, I even started to close down the 40 second gulf between us then. I know you were slightly annoyed but when the leader comes through let him through as soon as it is safe to do so. This will be especially true in a wet Monaco.

As for who hit you Ardius?? You started last, you were in last....eh....eh....the safety car at the back of the pack!!:P

Last edited:
sorry but I thought your car would turn invisible because I was lapping you, PepsiO's did.

When lapping cars, unfortunately they don't turn invisible, Pepsi0 must have got a penalty at that time I guess. :yuck:

Fastest lap: Gyles69?

Yep, got the FL this time round with a 1:13.6. 👍

Hi Guys,

A very good race for me, I had zero pens and zero crashes this time round. Also managed to just pip Alonso to the pole. 👍

Had a great battle trying to lap Alltidxx, at first I wasn't sure whether Alltidxx would let me pass so I made a move just after the back straight, and then realised I had to make a genuine overtake. :crazy: Great defending there and you seem to be very quick on the last turns just before the pit straight. :)

Cya.

Well, Ive updated the tables, and as you can all see, its still all to go for, for second place, me, genius and crooky are all over each other in points.

In the teams, well, Aguri is clearly going to start pulling away now, although I think Lotus still has a chance to catch up if Gnobody turns up.
Meanwhile, Jaguar is starting fall behind rapidly and Jordan looks likely to take 3rd by the end of the championship.
Lastly, Williams just doubled their points, still the majority of the championship left for them to do some catching up!

I like how I have a pattern of results going, with alternating 3rds and 4ths, lol. Bet Ive jinxed it now! Damn, I could have been onto a 3rd at Monaco :lol:

Were you in the Ferrari? If so I doubt Gyles is too happy. I seen you held him up for quite awhile, I even started to close down the 40 second gulf between us then. I know you were slightly annoyed but when the leader comes through let him through as soon as it is safe to do so. This will be especially true in a wet Monaco.

As for who hit you Ardius?? You started last, you were in last....eh....eh....the safety car at the back of the pack!!:P

Ah yes, I wasn't too bothered today as I had quite a big gap to you. :nervous: But if you were any closer then it could have cost me the race as overtaking incidents can happen. 👎

Hi Guys

Please accept my apologies for missing the race last night, I finished work late and couldn't get to a PC before the start of the race to let you guys know to start without me.

Hope you didn't wait too long for me. I'm at work now and will let you guys know later on toady if I'm going to make tonight's race.

Regards

Back