GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
How did it go, I'm only back 5 mins. Nice drive though, I like those peaceful drives at night with little or no traffic, looking forward to the night race in Singnapore, hope Codemaster do a good job of it.

Edit: just read your post below!

Yeah, heh, you just logged online on the PSN the moment I was finishing my last lap.
May as well move what I just edited into my previous post here:

I've decided to make next week's races all Grand Prix', in the hope that they will be better attended and also to get this championship moving a bit faster. I dont feel the practice races are necessary anymore and I think everyone here is already practicing or can practice in their own time before the race.
I have put up what weather conditions will be forecast for each race, so you can practice in them.

Yeah, good idea. And I too have put up some advertising, but I'm still holding out on the thought that Appie will come back, eventually. He said something like 6 weeks, although that was about 8 weeks ago, I hope he is alright.

With absolutely no practice I doubt I'll be very good either, although if I keep it pointing in the right direction I should be able to fall back to my usual form of 2nd best.

So continues my 3rd/4th/3rd/4th trend, lol.
Interesting race, Im glad I did fairly consistent laps, but kind of annoyed because I kept spinning as soon as I started catching genius/Crooky up. The start was pretty chaotic, lol.

Pole Position: GTP_Crooky
Fastest Lap: GTP_Crooky & Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 9pts
3. GT4 Genius/Jordan 6pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5pts
5. Pepsicoke/Williams 4pts
6. TeamBubblegum/Aguri 3pts

1. Aguri 14pts
2. Lotus 9pts
3. Jordan 6pts
4. Jaguar 5pts
5. Williams 4pts

I dont know who would have got fastest lap, does either of you know, Crooky and fishfash?

Last edited:
Qualifying: In qualifying there was a lag just when I was in corner 2-3 so I went off and went for next lap. Then my dog jumped up in my lap just as I was beginning my new hotlap so I went off and then the time was not enough for a third lap because I fiddled around at the start and lost time.
Race: I put in terrible driving and on top of that Pepsi0 hit me three times so that I went off track. Two times so hard I lost wing and wheel.

Goodnight.

So, shall I hand the fastest lap point to Crooky or fishfash? This decides points, so I need some idea.

Games up and hosting. 👍

Genius, where are ya?

Sorry man, I started the game went to pick parabolica and then the game froze. I had to switch it off and start it up again, and then when I did make it into the game something happened, you must have pressed start just as I connected or something because it said I had been kicked from the lobby, I hope it wasnt telling the truth :nervous:. Then when I joined again (3rd time lucky) I late joined but didnt get to set a time for qualy and had a dismal start. Good battle with you Ardius at the start but when you spun I just kept consentrating on the gap between me and fishfash which was ofcourse getting bigger.

A big apology goes out to Crooky, I know you said I didnt hold you up but I know I didnt help you after you pitted the second time, because it was then when fishfash made up the time to jump you in the pits. I did consider pulling over and letting you past so as fishfash wouldnt score maximum points but then I was thinking who am I really fighting in the championships, fishfash or you, and well you know who I choose, so sorry again for messing up your first win. :indiff:

My fastest was 1.25.1 or something, does that win! :dopey:

Yeah, Genius, I waited about 5 seconds when you joined and then hit start, because we'd been waiting a bit. Next time I'll remember to wait a bit longer, I think this is what caued the lag that Alltidxx mentioned in the qualifying.

Hmm, I suppose we'll have to wait till Crooky posts before I sort out the points.
Alonso was indeed flying, I think maybe I should have set the AI to medium, it means we have less of a problem with fastest lap recording anyway.

Reasonable qualy for me but Crooky took me by a few tenths 👍 Had a good start and took the lead and around half way round the first lap I made a mistake. Crooky saw the gap and went for it but unfortunately pushed me into the Gravel where my car just seemed to get stuck, lol. Eventually got out and started my chase down. 👍

I had a few pens and spins along the way that didn't help. But Crooky had some decent pace as the gap remained pretty constant until the 2nd round of pitstops, where I just about got onto the back of the Mclaren but then the Mclaren team called in for a stop. :scared: I did an extra 3 extra laps and really pushed with consistent low 1:24's and just squeezed out ahead as Crooky came down the pit straight. 👍

Great race and well done Crooky. 👍

Alonso was indeed flying, I think maybe I should have set the AI to medium, it means we have less of a problem with fastest lap recording anyway.

I think the AI generally are very fast in the rain and sometimes very difficult to beat in the rain on Hard setting. They are also fast on some tracks like Spain, Monza and China in the dry. It would be good if you can leave them on Hard in Dry conditions and maybe medium or easy in the wet ? Thanks. 👍

This time around, as helplessly last, I think I let Gyles69 lap me quite safely on the start-finish straight and I knew that it was just a matter of time before the runnerup would be right there too. I facilitated Crookys pass in a way clumsier way though. First I thought to let him pass at the same place but he was right in my tail for several turns before that so I got the impression he was looking for an overtake in the final sharp bend on my outside so I kept on racingline and slowed down in that turn... yes I know how that sounds... much like when Homer Simpson clarifies: "I T H O U G H T the C O P was a P R O S T I T U T E" :boggled:

This time around, as helplessly last, I think I let Gyles69 lap me quite safely on the start-finish straight and I knew that it was just a matter of time before the runnerup would be right there too. I facilitated Crookys pass in a way clumsier way though. First I thought to let him pass at the same place but he was right in my tail for several turns before that so I got the impression he was looking for an overtake in the final sharp bend on my outside so I kept on racingline and slowed down in that turn... yes I know how that sounds... much like when Homer Simpson clarifies: "I T H O U G H T the C O P was a P R O S T I T U T E" :boggled:

LOL Alltidxx that was actually me trying to lap you on the final bend as I was 2nd at that point 👍

You both did a 1'24.1? Well, I think the only thing to do is just give both of you the 1 point, its not really much and I don't think anyone else will disagree? I can't see how we can really solve this any other way, I could just not give anyone the points, but I'm sure both of you put quite a bit of effort to try and get a decent lap time and beat Alonso (or each other).

From now on, I'll stick to keeping AI on Hard for dry, Medium for wet and Easy for very wet.
If this happens again, try and keep a record of your best time.

You both did a 1'24.1? Well, I think the only thing to do is just give both of you the 1 point, its not really much and I don't think anyone else will disagree? I can't see how we can really solve this any other way, I could just not give anyone the points, but I'm sure both of you put quite a bit of effort to try and get a decent lap time and beat Alonso (or each other).

From now on, I'll stick to keeping AI on Hard for dry, Medium for wet and Easy for very wet.
If this happens again, try and keep a record of your best time.

:nervous: But.....but......but....but, then crokky will only be 5 points behind me :scared:!

Only joking, crooky did a great race, he more than deserves the points. I'm not worried. :sly:

:nervous: But.....but......but....but, then crokky will only be 5 points behind me :scared:!

Only joking, crooky did a great race, he more than deserves the points. I'm not worried. :sly:

Hey, Im not happy about it either, Im trying to catch you two up!

Pepsi, I never meant to offend you but if you choose to take it that way, so be it.
Are you really sure you want to quit?

Well you can blame Alltidxx for saying that I hit him. I had a very clean race and I didn't hit him, even if I did I would've obviously noticed.💡:crazy:

Well, you didnt come here and argue against what Alltidxx said, so I had to assume it was true. Care to give us your side?
And frankly, I was also inclined to believe Alltidxx because you had a bit of a dodgy time around Spain.

Yeah, I think that might be for the best, fishfash. Its a shame though because we hadn't had a problem up till now.
I'll put it to a vote - who thinks we should have collisions and who thinks its best off we dont?

Back