GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
So thats two to one against collisions. Anyone else want to voice their opinion before we race?

We'll race with collisions on tonight (i think its unfair to change it without everyone voted), but this will still be up for change for Friday.

Oh, and I might be a little late tonight, so bear with me.

Ok, games up.

Last edited:
My worst result yet! Yet it was my best drive so far? :ill:
Id just like to say sorry to Alltidxx at the start, I was brain dead at that first corner, sorry that I hit you.
I got confused later on, lol, at the last chicane I thought you were going to dive down the inside (much like Gyles did later) and I decided to go wide to let you pass but you didnt and I ended up going way wider and you overtook me anyway, lol.

Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest Lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 8pts
3. GT4 Genius/Jordan 6pts
4. TeamBubblegum/Aguri 5pts
5. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 4pts

1. Aguri 16pts
2. Lotus 8pts
3. Jordan 6pts
4. Jaguar 4pts
5. <Williams - but not currently racing> 0pts

Seems my 3rd/4th/3rd/4th streak has been broken, I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Last edited:
That was a way fun race :)
My ambition was to not get lapped since I know Montreal pretty well and I like the track. And I managed that only just. However, after the start I spun and it seemed Ardius got caught up in that too? Not sure who was to blame. Racing incident I suppose. I could only chase as hard as I could really after that and a two three laps later I cut too hard over the curb and spun again trapped between barriers. Stupid mistake. After that I could only hope for someone else to make mistakes or I would be done for. I guess my prayers were answered since I managed to catch Ardius. At the end of the backstraight I had great speed from drafting but the chicane was closing in and it was too late to overtake so I though "ok, just don't brake late" and luckily Ardius did so that turned into a great overtake :)
I was also happy to be able to almost keep Gyles69's pace after initially being lapped and took back my place on the start-finish straight after Gyle made a mistake. Anyway that's my understanding of it all...
Great race!

That was a way fun race :)
My ambition was to not get lapped since I know Montreal pretty well and I like the track. And I managed that only just. However, after the start I spun and it seemed Ardius got caught up in that too? Not sure who was to blame. Racing incident I suppose. I could only chase as hard as I could really after that and a two three laps later I cut too hard over the curb and spun again trapped between barriers. Stupid mistake. After that I could only hope for someone else to make mistakes or I would be done for. I guess my prayers were answered since I managed to catch Ardius. At the end of the backstraight I had great speed from drafting but the chicane was closing in and it was too late to overtake so I though "ok, just don't brake late" and luckily Ardius did so that turned into a great overtake :)
I was also happy to be able to almost keep Gyles69's pace after initially being lapped and took back my place on the start-finish straight after Gyle made a mistake. Anyway that's my understanding of it all...
Great race!

Nah, I didnt brake late from mistake, well not really, I was actually expecting you to jump on the inside and so I was preparing to let you through to avoid collision. But when you didnt I was surprised a little too late to take the inside anyway.
Also, Aguri has just surpassed the 100 pts mark...I dont think its possible for any other team to catch up now. Well, its possible but very unlikely methinks.

Im now very worried about my team's venerable position....Jordan is about to get into 3rd.
Lastly, Crooky is now 1 point behind GT4 Genius and Alltidxx is about to jump both J-pap and Gnobody to end up 5th in the championship (unless one of those two returns).

I'll be back on form on Friday. It was a mad rush to even half make it on time today, and I wasnt very consistent, loads of stupid mistakes eg behind crooky after his pitstop and then he spins/crashes I think great, then I do the exact same thing. :dunce:

I was preparing to let you through to avoid collision.
Well, I'm very offended to hear that ;). I was supposing you would do what I would have done, stick to the racingline (as you were obviously not taking any defensive line) as you were ahead so that was part of the reason I had to be earlier on the brakes to compensate for the higher speed than usual. I try not crashing into anyone if I can help it. Goddammit Ardius, "let people through"? What kind of racingattitude is that? ha ha :D

Reasonable race for me but made a few mistakes. Very impressive stuff by crooky who was on my tail for the first 3 laps 👍

Normally I can get into the 1:09's at Montreal but just did not have the pace yesterday. :ill:

Ironically after the race I stayed in Parabollica and raced against 5 of the top 10 guys on the leaderboards. We had around 8 races, 4 laps with pits off and I finished last in nearly every single race. :ill: Their laptimes were absolutely amazing, although you can go faster with pits off and with slipstream but none the less here are some times that I can remember. Sorry a bit off topic.

Montreal:- 1:08.3
Indy:- 1:07.7
Budapest:- 1:12.3
Magny Cours:- 1:09.2
Sepang:- 1:27.6
Bahrain:- 1:28.2
Nurburgring:- 1:23.1
Interlagos:- 1:09.0

:crazy: :crazy:

Well, I'm very offended to hear that ;). I was supposing you would do what I would have done, stick to the racingline (as you were obviously not taking any defensive line) as you were ahead so that was part of the reason I had to be earlier on the brakes to compensate for the higher speed than usual. I try not crashing into anyone if I can help it. Goddammit Ardius, "let people through"? What kind of racingattitude is that? ha ha :D

:lol: Well, next time Ill make sure to block you just a little bit more than usual, eh? :P
I blame Genius for getting me all worried about getting in people's way when Im slowing for corners! :lol: To be fair though, I glanced back, saw you slipstreaming behind me, I realise you'll probably go for the move and then I check behind me again and you've stuck to the racing line all within 2 seconds of the corner and I was bit indecisive of whether to go for it anyway and risk sideswiping you in the split seconds that you may have decided to overtake or just to carry on letting you past. In the end it was too late to take the racing line at a good speed so I just carried it through and let you past.

Next time Ill just stick to the line then!

Reasonable race for me but made a few mistakes. Very impressive stuff by crooky who was on my tail for the first 3 laps 👍

Normally I can get into the 1:09's at Montreal but just did not have the pace yesterday. :ill:

Ironically after the race I stayed in Parabollica and raced against 5 of the top 10 guys on the leaderboards. We had around 8 races, 4 laps with pits off and I finished last in nearly every single race. :ill: Their laptimes were absolutely amazing, although you can go faster with pits off and with slipstream but none the less here are some times that I can remember. Sorry a bit off topic.

Montreal:- 1:08.3
Indy:- 1:07.7
Budapest:- 1:12.3
Magny Cours:- 1:09.2
Sepang:- 1:27.6
Bahrain:- 1:28.2
Nurburgring:- 1:23.1
Interlagos:- 1:09.0

:crazy: :crazy:

:dunce: Ill never see those times on my time sheet!

I dont mind being off topic a little bit, in fact, people will usually find me practicing before the GP in the online lobby, so if anyone is ever early (like 2 hours early Im speaking here) then join some of the races in parabolica and you'll probably find me. Ill probably be there tomorrow night practicing Indy.

Yeah, true, but then its impossible to block people, which is a very handy tool....which I forget to use :ouch:

Hi Gents

Sorry for not being in touch, been having a few probs and now I'm starting my run of night shifts, so I won't be able to race until next week!

See you on the track soon....

Hi im going on holiday next week from tonight so it looks like goodbye to my 3rd place :grumpy: and please keep collisions on I have never had a problem with the first corner just think of the race as a 30 minute race not a 30 second race :sly:

Hi Gents

Sorry for not being in touch, been having a few probs and now I'm starting my run of night shifts, so I won't be able to race until next week!

See you on the track soon....

Hi im going on holiday next week from tonight so it looks like goodbye to my 3rd place :grumpy: and please keep collisions on I have never had a problem with the first corner just think of the race as a 30 minute race not a 30 second race :sly:

Sounds like I can grab some points and catch Lotus!! :drool:

Ive thought it over, and Ill leave collisions on a while longer, it didnt seem to be an issue at Canada. I know Gnobody was one of those that wanted collisions on, so we'd be at a tie for votes anyway.

Like I said before when both codemasters and fans had been hyping online play: Shooting/punching eachother online works fine, teamworking online works fine, competitive racing with mutual respect does not really work online. And the reason is because there are to many unskilled, immature players topped with the feeling of each man for himself. That is why there are excessive number of crashes. And that is why the solution to let cars ghost through eachother have been put in place. But that takes out such a big chunk of the whole challenge and fun that we might almost as well run 20 laps on single player mode and report the total time in the forum to announce the winner. Almost. This is why I normally only play online for a laugh. To see cars come shooting like kamikaze pilots makes me laugh if I'm in the mood. BUT if one can find a certain number of people to race with that are equally minded and try to race in a responsible way, then there is much more fun to be gained. Because the challenge of close racing will be so much more fun when there is a risk of damaging the car.

I say people should learn to drive responsibly rather than to adjust the game setting to allow people to drive wrecklessly. Yes, incidents happen anyway but so in real life. But imagine to have a start with damage on at, say Shanghai, where everyone gets off the grid and past the first couple of corners unharmed, maybe side by side, wouldn't THAT be cool??

I think Pepsi0 has been wreckless the past races, that's no secret. I also think it's a shame he's not taken the option to shape up because then he'd be very welcome. More players=more fun. It's not too late.

Last edited:
Like I said before when both codemasters and fans had been hyping online play: Shooting/punching eachother online works fine, teamworking online works fine, competitive racing with mutual respect does not really work online. And the reason is because there are to many unskilled, immature players topped with the feeling of each man for himself. That is why there are excessive number of crashes. And that is why the solution to let cars ghost through eachother have been put in place. But that takes out such a big chunk of the whole challenge and fun that we might almost as well run 20 laps on single player mode and report the total time in the forum to announce the winner. Almost. This is why I normally only play online for a laugh. To see cars come shooting like kamikaze pilots makes me laugh if I'm in the mood. BUT if one can find a certain number of people to race with that are equally minded and try to race in a responsible way, then there is much more fun to be gained. Because the challenge of close racing will be so much more fun when there is a risk of damaging the car.

I say people should learn to drive responsibly rather than to adjust the game setting to allow people to drive wrecklessly. Yes, incidents happen anyway but so in real life. But imagine to have a start with damage on at, say Shanghai, where everyone gets off the grid and past the first couple of corners unharmed, maybe side by side, wouldn't THAT be cool??

I think Pepsi0 has been wreckless the past races, that's no secret. I also think it's a shame he's not taken the option to shape up because then he'd be very welcome. More players=more fun. It's not too late.

Keeping to my racing line is not being wreckless. You make me laugh at waht you say.

The biggest problem with F1CE and Collision's on are the Lag Contacts. Since SCEE released the patch for this game it has caused a lot more lag in the game and has made it quite difficult to make a clean overtake without causing contacts. :grumpy: You can be miles behind somebody else and both cars braking into a corner can cause damage to the car in front !!!

Prior to this patch F1CE with collisions on was so much better with great wheel to wheel racing.

just think of the race as a 30 minute race not a 30 second race :sly:

Best Advice given above 👍

Keeping to my racing line is not being wreckless. You make me laugh at waht you say.
Let's say the entire track is the racingline, then you did indeed stick to it. But is that your explanation then? That you ran into me so hard that wing and wheel flies three times and pushed me off several times all in two races because you "stuck to racingline"?

Not impressed.

The biggest problem with F1CE and Collision's on are the Lag Contacts. Since SCEE released the patch for this game it has caused a lot more lag in the game and has made it quite difficult to make a clean overtake without causing contacts. :grumpy: You can be miles behind somebody else and both cars braking into a corner can cause damage to the car in front !!!

Prior to this patch F1CE with collisions on was so much better with great wheel to wheel racing.

Best Advice given above 👍

Fortunately though, you can compensate for lag, but it does seem to be a bit hit and miss.
Judging by previous races, I dont think theres that much of a problem, I know in Genius' case thats its dodgy brake fluid ;) seeing as I dont hit him very much, lol.

Judging by previous races, I dont think theres that much of a problem, I know in Genius' case thats its dodgy brake fluid ;) seeing as I dont hit him very much, lol.

lol, yeah thats my whole reason! Well I have sort of learned, I think I have a problem were I come up behind someone and then get a big slipstream but dont really notice, then when I brake in my usual place I'm actually braking a bit too late. That and I think you slow down too much for the corners! :sly:

On a serious note I remember lapping someone in a ferrari in Silverstone, now I was right behind them before the first of the left 90 degrees then right corners about half way through the lap, forget the name, i was behind he moved to the left to block me on the straight but didnt move over fully so I still had plenty of space to out brake him into the corner. I made the apex and IMO it was a good fair overtake. Although I do believe who ever that was then went wide onto the gravel. I hope I didnt hit the Ferrari but I'm just curious and thought I should own up if indeed I did hit him and if the recent argument might have something to do with that incident and a bit of mistaken identity, because i was unusually in a red bull at the time.

In the last race (silverstone?) i remember pulling over to let you past and we had a tiny little collision...that might've been it.

lol, yeah thats my whole reason! Well I have sort of learned, I think I have a problem were I come up behind someone and then get a big slipstream but dont really notice, then when I brake in my usual place I'm actually braking a bit too late. That and I think you slow down too much for the corners! :sly:

Yeah, I do slow down a bit more than you guys sometimes, but thats just me being careful around tracks that I have not practiced all that much and also to help with my consistencey. If I went at every corner for the perfect speed like a hotlap, I would end up spinning a lot more.
I agree that I think the slipstreaming is catching you out along with my earlier braking.

I think I might cry....my best performance by far and I had second in my grasp....till I god damn go and spin right when it counts, just before Genius pitted, so I ended up coming out after my pit way behind him (although I did also screw up my last pit in my panic, lol, damn lolipop man, work faster!).
Great race for me, only 2 mistakes and they were right at the end. Managed to hold off the rubbish Schumacher for the whole race till the end.

Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest Lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4 Genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts
4. Appie17/Jordan 5pts

1. Jordan 13pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Jaguar 6pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. <Williams - but not currently racing> 0pts

I think this marks the first time Jordan has come out top on points!
Oh...now I feel worse....Jordan has now overtook Jaguar in the points.

Last edited:
Back