GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Great race, ok at first as usual I mess up and nearly hit people but just managed to dive between them, but then it starts really well I get past Appie then start catching Ardius. But as usual I'm set back by a penalty and sit a fair few seconds behind Appie for quite a while until I make it past when he makes a mistake. Then the assault on Ardius begins :sly:, and I was delighted by the amount I was hauling him in by, before my second stop I would have been right up his gear box only for that sickening spin he had, I've never been so annoyed when a car made a mistake in front of me, because if you hadnt of spun I would have gone on for 1 more lap and I would have tried my look at diving down the inside of turn one if you had left it open, probably would have ended in a crash :scared: but I think thats all under control now, I've learned to keep a safe distance. :dopey:

And a great points total for Jordan, thanks Appie 👍. Although it should probably been known as Jordan-Spyker, or what ever you want Appie.

You were angry? Man, I was angry at myself, lol. Ruined my only chance of getting a 2nd. Gah!
I would have loved to see what would have happened had we battled to the end. I remember a certain other race where we did that.

You know, I might have come out in front of you or at least close behind after my second pit if I hadn't hastily pressed the lollipop too early!

What was up with Schumi today, he did a 1:08.3 in Qualy and during the race I gave him a lovely slipstream on lap 8 and he ended up with a 1:08.7 :crazy:

When ever I slowed down on purpose so would he, and when ever I tried to pull away from him he would keep up with me. :nervous: Schumy was behaving very strangley. :yuck:

Cya. 👍

What was up with Schumi today, he did a 1:08.3 in Qualy and during the race I gave him a lovely slipstream on lap 8 and he ended up with a 1:08.7 :crazy:

When ever I slowed down on purpose so would he, and when ever I tried to pull away from him he would keep up with me. :nervous: Schumy was behaving very strangley. :yuck:

Cya. 👍

Yeah I noticed that, me and Ardius were doing high 1.10s and we were able to stay ahead until we pitted. I know he had more fuel, but not 2 seconds more. And he was way way faster than Ralf, :lol:, this game is very realistic!

Hello guys

Just got myself a copy of F1CE and really like online racing.

So i came here to see if theres a seat available.
If so i would like to take part in your competition

Im a real veteran (born in 67):dopey: and like good fair racing.
Hope i can find it here.

Im from the Netherlands btw :sly:

Yeah I noticed that, me and Ardius were doing high 1.10s and we were able to stay ahead until we pitted. I know he had more fuel, but not 2 seconds more. And he was way way faster than Ralf, :lol:, this game is very realistic!

Interesting point, I wasn't aware that fuel loads made any difference to the car performance "Online". Perhaps it would explain why Qualifying is always around half a second faster. :confused:

Oh yeah, Id definitely say that fuel loads make a difference online, after coming out of the pits with a full tank theres definitely a difference in braking points and acceleration compared to when your in lap.
I think its more noticable there because of the long straights.

Hello guys

Hope i can find it here.

I see no reason why you cant take a place at Williams, you could change the name if you want. And there is good fair racing here, but as IRL accidents do happen and I urge you to threat these incidents as just accidents and not to agressivly confront any driver with regard to any incident. Because here we do all drive fair but recently our relationship with another participant fell apart and I do not want to see anything like that happen again.

Warnings out of the way, its great to see more interest in this and welcome on board. Ardius will post to confirm but I see no problems.

And your also welcome to join in the weekly race series for F1CE, I dont have any limit on the number of entrants there. ;)

ok thx :sly:

Im looking forward to race with you guys.

Must practice alot more to be competitive i gues, just got myself a seat in career mode as a test driver after a few attempts (medium level) but thats with all things,you need alot of practice.

Try to do my best and cu on track soon 👍

ok thx :sly:

Im looking forward to race with you guys.

Must practice alot more to be competitive i gues, just got myself a seat in career mode as a test driver after a few attempts (medium level) but thats with all things,you need alot of practice.

Try to do my best and cu on track soon 👍

Not putting you down or anything but the racers here are quite good, to be in with a chance of finishing ahead of any of them you would need to be very consistent and for the french grand prix on Monday I would say lap times around the 1.14-1.15 mark on average would be competitive. Not sure on that and fishfash will probably get a 1.11 or lower but just trying to give you something to aim at, looking forward to seeing you race.

Hello guys

Hope i can find it here.

Woah, I dont know how I missed this post.
Ill sign you up 👍

Look forward to racing with you.

Just had some practice on Magny Cours and i had a best lap of 1.14.650
SEC1 25.099 SEC2 26.759 SC3 22.792

Was the only lap i had in the 1.14 s.

Is that a reasonable time? and in what sector do i need to get more off (all ?) :)

I think thats a decent time 👍. I dont know what my best is yet with the online car, but im sure it will be behind that, as usual.

Well, the car online you cant change the setup at all and I dont think anyone is sure about its stats, its clearly one of the top cars maybe the Renault or Ferrari.
You can pick what car you use online, but all of them drive the same, so I just refer to them as the "online car" seeing as we dont know how its setup or which car its based on.

Yup, and just a heads up for everyone, I might be a bit late tonight. Ill post here if I can make it, but if it gets to race time and Ive not posted here by then, Genius can start the race without me.
Ill send the PMs early today to save time later on.

Ok, I think I can make it after all. If it changes and I can't I'll let you know. But what I first thought might cause me to miss it will no longer.
If I'm late, I'll late join and wait till I'm in last place before I start racing, so as not to give me too much of an unfair advantage with the AI being usually so far ahead of most of the field.

Edit: I think Im going to be a little late, if I cant host it by xx.10, could you host it, Genius?

Last edited:
Ok, I think I can make it after all. If it changes and I can't I'll let you know. But what I first thought might cause me to miss it will no longer.
If I'm late, I'll late join and wait till I'm in last place before I start racing, so as not to give me too much of an unfair advantage with the AI being usually so far ahead of most of the field.

Edit: I think Im going to be a little late, if I cant host it by xx.10, could you host it, Genius?

Ok i'll wait until 10 mins past and then I'll set one up. 👍

Ack, my worst race so far, damn late join throwing me into a wall! Dont know what happened to Lion-NL? I was ahead on pit strategy, but not by much, why did you give up?
Well, anyway, not a good race for me, but thats because I was late, I hadnt practiced and I late joined into a crash. Grabbing penalties hurt even more, but ah well. Better some points than none.

Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4 genius/Jordan 8pts
3. appie17/Jordan 6pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5pts
5. Lion-NL/Williams 4pts

1. Jordan 14pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Jaguar 5pts
4. Williams 4pts
5. Lotus 0pts

What the..... Ok great start, then someone hits me and knocks my rear wing off at the first hairpin :ouch:. Then I struggle back to the pack, make loads of damn sort cut penalties in the process :indiff:. Then catch right up, go to pass Chris after he oversteers across the final chicane and what does he do, when he opposite locked his car flung round into the side of me :ouch:. Back to the game of catch up again. Then I watch as Appie's little black dot gets closer and closer but after the last stop I give up hope really, I thought I was too far back. But then on the final lap Appie slows down with only 3 corners to go??? I still didnt think there is much hope but I decided to just launch my car over those high chicane kerbs and see what happens, to my amazement I keep the car pointing in the right direction, not really knowing what else happened, until.....the results sheet pops up and can you believe I beat Appie by 1/100 of a second. :dopey:

What the..... Ok great start, then someone hits me and knocks my rear wing off at the first hairpin :ouch:. Then I struggle back to the pack, make loads of damn sort cut penalties in the process :indiff:. Then catch right up, go to pass Chris after he oversteers across the final chicane and what does he do, when he opposite locked his car flung round into the side of me :ouch:. Back to the game of catch up again. Then I watch as Appie's little black dot gets closer and closer but after the last stop I give up hope really, I thought I was too far back. But then on the final lap Appie slows down with only 3 corners to go??? I still didnt think there is much hope but I decided to just launch my car over those high chicane kerbs and see what happens, to my amazement I keep the car pointing in the right direction, not really knowing what else happened, until.....the results sheet pops up and can you believe I beat Appie by 1/100 of a second. :dopey:

Yeah my car stopped all of an sudden and i was the guy that punted u from the back. Really sorry man:(. Can i make an request that we turn off penaltys, there horrible to work. One penalty was like 18 sec:grumpy:. Atleast this race was better than in US GP. Can wait for the next one:tup:

I think its called "team tactics" :lol:

Yeah my car stopped all of an sudden and i was the guy that punted u from the back. Really sorry man:(. Can i make an request that we turn off penaltys, there horrible to work. One penalty was like 18 sec:grumpy:. Atleast this race was better than in US GP. Can wait for the next one:tup:

We've kept penalties all this time because otherwise people will gain unfair fastest laps and qualify far further than they should. I agree that some are rediculous, but its best if we leave them on, in my opinion.

I gave up couse i run out of gas .

After i lost my frontwing i had to stop in lap 5 and had to go 2nd time for fuel in lap 14 orso

But the just run trough pitlane and left without fuel :)

Tried again next lap but same happend so it was empty and had to stop there .

Is it only possible to stop ones then ?

And im using G25 wheel , but whit pitstop ,how do i use L1 R1 etc for pitstopcommands?
i only can use the triangle and square and the 2 others but not the lcommands for tires.

Was a good lesson for me btw , my 1st online race with this game and liked it alot .

Up to next race in germany then

Back