Dual-Use Garage: Open for Requests.

• Thread starter bergauk
  • 105 comments
Hey Jetboy. Would you like to write up a small intro for yourself so I can put it up in the first post?

I was just about to ask that. :lol: Speaking of the first post, can you add the Honda Element, BMW 330i and Toyota to it? Thanks!

Hi.
Is there any chance of a BMW 3Seris (not the M3, I just can't remember the proper name) tha is a pure track racing car, like the touring cars in WTCC and BTCC?
Money is no object to me, so I will buy anything for it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Could you PM me the setup incase I forget to check back here. Thanks.

Sure. I'll get right on that after I release something that I've been working on for the past few days.

It would be nice If I knew exactly what car you were looking for. But I'll try and find it anyway.

Another thing. What do you want it tuned for? I do mainly drift. But I have tried to venture into grip a few times. Just haven't gotten it right though..

Which will it be?

Sounds good. Do you even know what car hes talking about? I truly have no clue.

I hope it's the BMW 330i because I just tuned it and it's about ready to be posted. And also when I have a chance I'm going to post my 315mph Toyota Minolta.

Well go ahead and post it up and if its the right one then I'll go ahead and tune it as well.

Also sweet Minolta tune, at least I'll finally be able to drive past the 300mph barrier haha.

Wait! I found it. Its a BMW 320i its 450k. But go ahead and post up the 330i as well. I'll post up a Z4 when I get around to finishing it.

Noooo he wants the 330 tuned to run like a touring car.

Hmm. But he said he wanted the one that looks like the WTCC cars. The 320i fits the build doesn't it?

I'm just sitting here grinning at you guys guessing when you all should have one in your garage. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The answer: BMW M3 GTR RACE CAR '01!! ;) I have one coming up for you all to play with. :cool:

The thing is, they BOTH look like WTCC/BTCC cars, just the 320 has the proper livery on it. :odd:

Something you guys can find out for me, just to compare. If you get the 320i, check the power of that stock and fully worked, just trying to work out the better car for a particular series for A-spec pts..

And I'll test out this 330i. I like that car myself for cruising.

Hah, well ok then. I'm probablly going to release a few cars tomorrow of my own. I realllly need to catch up on tuning. There are a few cars that have been in the works for quite some time now.

Yeah it looks like you need to catch up to T-Squared there bergauk. :P Anyway.....I have to wait until my son finishes watching Disney before more testing but that 330i is first up. ;)

Well hey Drift tunes are harder to get right. Like earlier, I was trying out a Z4 that I had tuned, and it turns out that I had put all the wrong settings on it and it just kept on gripping the road. I didn't want that. But I might just put it up with it just cause someone might want it.

But anyways I need to get off the computer for the night. It's slightly distracting. We'll see what I come up with tomorrow after school.

Hehehe...

Sorry I never posted back about the BMW...

I was on about the road going version (Standard street car), but hey, any and all tunes are welcome...

Thanks for the help.

I might start posting some of my own tuning settings soon, I have formulated a sort of universal FR setting, made of different parts of tunes I have found on here (GTP), so could someone let me know if that is allowable, considering it is made of parts of various tunes mated together to form a set that I find works on pretty much any FR car?

I'm after a good A-Spec tune for the Peugot 205. I haven't even started working on it so am only presuming that it can be used for 200pt races. My only request is that it has no parts that can't be unplugged, ie no Engine Balance or Port Polish, no Weight Reduction etc. Would love to see what you come up with, but it may be a few days before I can review it.

PF
I'm after a good A-Spec tune for the Peugot 205. I haven't even started working on it so am only presuming that it can be used for 200pt races. My only request is that it has no parts that can't be unplugged, ie no Engine Balance or Port Polish, no Weight Reduction etc. Would love to see what you come up with, but it may be a few days before I can review it.

I would gladly try to tune it, valued customer!:dopey: (Wow, did that sound tacky...)

EDIT: I'm a little confused on what car you want, is it in the used car section?

Last edited:
PF

I would gladly try to tune it, valued customer!:dopey: (Wow, did that sound tacky...)

EDIT: I'm a little confused on what car you want, is it in the used car section?

It's the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 if I'm guessing correctly in the used-80's lot. It's one of the rarest cars in the whole GT4 directory. :nervous:

I thought with that car you could only upgrade the turbo anyway?? :confused:

It's the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 if I'm guessing correctly in the used-80's lot. It's one of the rarest cars in the whole GT4 directory. :nervous:

Yeah, sorry about that, I forgot it was rather difficult to find. If you don't have the T16 lying around how about a 200pt tune for the MGF '97?

From memory, I think you can add NOS, and some transmission parts, it has been ages since I used any of mine though, so I can't be too sure.

PF
Yeah, sorry about that, I forgot it was rather difficult to find. If you don't have the T16 lying around how about a 200pt tune for the MGF '97?

I'll try to tune it, but hopefully thats easyier to find than the T16. :lol:

I made some progress on that 1010hp TVR tune, It should be ready within the next two weeks :D so be on the lookout. I think I got a couple more tunes I'm not too sure but if you want I can share them here.

I'll try to tune it, but hopefully thats easyier to find than the T16. :lol:

It is. Buy a used 40000km version, then go win the MG Trophy series and you get a 0.0km MGF as your prize and get better hp levels.

GBWH1991, the only thing you can increase the T16 horsepower figure with is the turbo. Nitrous doesn't count on it's hp figure.

I think I may have the T16 in my garage. Buuuut I have way too many cars to tune.

On the bright side I did manage to get the 330i sliding last night. Takes a bit of time to get it right though.

I'll post up it up later.

I recently got a yellow 0 mile MGF in my garage ready to be tuned. :D

Yay! Sounds great. But wouldn't a used one give you more latitude for A-Spec tuning? When I go for points I find the lowest hp version possible (ie used, no oil), then adjust the power through the removable parts like chip and NA, though maybe I'm doing it wrong. Am fairly new to A-Spec and am only up to about 11 000 pts.

You are right, the worse the car is the better the A-spec pts. but you can still have a 200pt. racer from the 0.0km version depending on what race you want to compete in......El Capitan Enduro for example. 👍

PF
Yay! Sounds great. But wouldn't a used one give you more latitude for A-Spec tuning? When I go for points I find the lowest hp version possible (ie used, no oil), then adjust the power through the removable parts like chip and NA, though maybe I'm doing it wrong. Am fairly new to A-Spec and am only up to about 11 000 pts.

I have a used black one, so I'll use it instead.:)

The MGF is done, and I tuned it just for El Capitan Enduro (it will get 200 points, hopefully it can win). I tuned a MG TF160 for the MG cup races and it turned out to be one of the funnest cars I've ever driven in GT4. Two words and a smilely describe it- Go Kart:dopey:. I post both of them late afternoon tomorrow.

First I'd like to state that I'm a fool

I thought I had about 5 MGFs but had one. A prize car. So even I haven't been following my own rules for points tuning. The (used) car that you tune will be able to be used in many more races than a new one and that is exactly what I'm after.

I now realise I've made two bad errors in requesting cars (these are my first ever requests). I'll try to be more accurate in future.

PF

Also, re: the T16

mafia_boy
GBWH1991, the only thing you can increase the T16 horsepower figure with is the turbo. Nitrous doesn't count on it's hp figure.

Thanks for the info on the T16 Mafs, as I said before, I haven't even started to tune it, so that will make a big difference as to its A-Spec usefulness.

As far as I can tell, the only thing you can do to permanently mess with points is weight reduction, and only levels 2-3. This seems to me to be a fairly big limitation on a points car.

Intro:

Hi folks, name's Jetboy. (Real name is Corey, if you want to use that handle. ;).) I guess if the garage has a title for the moment, it's Jet's House of Speed. :D

I specialize predominantly in anything musclecars, usually drifting (because they do go sideways pretty well.) and gripping (Correct parts are important. Correct settings make the gold.) I also love tuning cars for the Nürburgring 4 Hour Race and the El Capitain 200 race, as both use cars around the same performance bracket.

To add to the mix, I have my Dodge Charger that just recently I used in American All Stars Championship, against the GTS-R Viper, Esperante, and GT LM-II, among others.

This particular Charger R/T was actually my very frist purchased vehicle in the game, basically unchanged from where I stopped tuning it the first two weeks I had it. She has just over 3000 miles and still does admirably well. :D

1970 Dodge Charger R/T (464 horsepower[3000+ miles])
Parts to Purchase
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Stage 1 NA Package
Engine Ballancing
Port Polish
Nitrous
Sports Chip
Racing Brakes
Racing Suspention
Racing Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
1.5-way Limited Slip
Oil Change
Spoiler

Settings
Suspention
Spring Rate 4.4/ 4.0
Ride Height 96/ 96
Bound/ Rebound 8/8
Camber 2.0/ 1.0
Stabilizers 4/4

Spoiler
Max downforce values front/ back

Aids
None. Ever.

Transmission
Auto 18
Final 4.100

1st 2.455
2nd 1.634
3rd 1.185
4th 0.902
5th 0.720
6th 0.604

Slap some racing medium tires on her, and your off to ruin some GT1 car's day. Put some sports hard tires and pretty much 60% of the endurance races are yours for the taking. Very versitile and confidence inspiring car.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Last edited:
Back