Dual-Use Garage: Open for Requests.

• Thread starter bergauk
  • 105 comments
Thanks for the intro Corey. Its now up in the first post along with the Charger.

Just a thought.. Does anyone else besides me have a usb stick for images of the cars for each post? Its difficult for me to keep up with posting the pictures for them.

Well I think its useful. It makes a setup easier to look at because you go "Oh I have that car in my garage, I wonder how this tune is."

Reportback: T-Squared's Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
So, we take to the track with this beast of only one colour. Of course, the track of choice is the Nürburgring.

First Impressions: Admittedly, I'm still getting heavy understeer from the FX, but I think that could be from the VCD I still have installed from previous applications with this car, not bothering to check now.

Mid-Track: The car/suv/WTFBOMB drives admirably well, and very light on it's feet. The understeer is still there, but a good jab at the throttle instills a good deal of rotation. Without any driving assistances, the vehicle exhibits a good deal of suprising wheelspin. That sometimes led to interesting drift action.

Latter-half: The technical section kinda blows with it right now, still more than likely a product of the VCD still on here and not the tune itself. The car has impressive torque for how long the gears are, which means it uses the range rather wisely, no holes in the powerband and all. The long straight clearly demonstrates the vehicles power and wise choice of ratios. I cleared 197 mph without nitrous. On S2's, I ran a semi-sloppy 7'32.xxx.

Final Verdict: The vehicle has a bit going for it, but the suspention seems a little bit bouncy, possibly from the rather low ride height without any change to the spring rate, and under heavy braking, at least in normal sports tires, the arse whipped around often faster than Grandma on an icey sidewalk. But, it had prodigous torque and a gear range that used it well, with seemingly no real dead spots in the transmission. The vehicle had a nice disposition until the road got really rough or tight, which then proved to be a bit sloppy. A reduction in power might help with some of this, as 500+ hp in a 1200kg vehicle might prove overkill in most situations, but you would have to change the setup accordingly anyway. It's best use would prolly be for high-horse races around Fuji, Grand Valley, and Aprict Hill, for example.
Score: 79%

Cheers,
Jetboy

*nods* All in all, not bad, it has it's place and could throw a monkey wrench into some serious sports cars' plans. As I have done your's, will you do one of mine? ;)

Cheers.
Jetboy

Thread bump, folks. What's new around you guys?

Cheers,
Jetboy

Not much. I got angry with the 330i and ended up not tuning it. It was sliding around here and there. But I couldn't get it to stop, couldn't get it to power over, couldn't get it to do anything that I really wanted it to do.

Bottom line.
I need some suggestions for something to tune.

*snaps* Got it. Heavy, fast street tune Toyota Sera coupe. :D The car maxes out lik less than 200 horse, so it's all about handling and weight. Make me a car that will make, say, and stock Viper shake in its skins. ;)

Cheers,
Jetboy

Believe it or not, I have one hiding in my garage somewhere. I tried tuning it. And got a little bit out of it. I'll see If I can make it better.

The MGF is done, and I tuned it just for El Capitan Enduro (it will get 200 points, hopefully it can win). I tuned a MG TF160 for the MG cup races and it turned out to be one of the funnest cars I've ever driven in GT4. Two words and a smilely describe it- Go Kart:dopey:. I post both of them late afternoon tomorrow.

Have you released these yet? I can't see them anywhere. I may have some precious driving time over the next couple of dyas so would like to try the MGF.

PF
Have you released these yet? I can't see them anywhere. I may have some precious driving time over the next couple of dyas so would like to try the MGF.

No, T has not released these yet. Shoot him a PM and ask him how its going.

Jetboy, as far as the SERA goes I've gotten it down to 1:37 on Sukuza West with just power mods added on. I'll keep working on it.

Last edited:
PF

Sorry I haven't gotten it done yet.:nervous: I had it finsh running on R3's, but you can't use those in the El Captine race, so that screwed every thing up with it and I had to start over and I can't seem to get it right. It's all so homecoming week at my school. I try to get it ASAP.

Last edited:
Well now. I've had an idea! Before you think "OH GAWD" and run away, stay for a seconds more and find out what I'm getting at.
I've decided that in the good spirit of Christmas. I'd release a special car. A car I've hogged to myself, a car that has set a record and still keeps it in the 1/4 thread, and a car that not even RJ can seem to beat in speed. Thats right. I'm going to release it. The Bug, thats right you guys. I'm going to let you see the insane settings I have on it, and you'll be able to apply them to your Bug as well.

I shall release it tomorrow. After I'm done with my Christmas festivities. Until then. Just keep waiting :D

heyy guys just wandering if someone could tune up a Nissan Skyline GT-R N1 '91 (R32) for a quick trip down the quarter with only the standard spoiler

I'll see what I can cook up, I'm not at home right now. Do you wan't it to only be useful for the 1/4 mile?

Also I apologize for my lazyness on releasing new vehicles. My bad guys.

Back