Thunder & lightning race garage - home of the brave

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 168 comments
Thanks Stotty for our dicussion. Interesting.

"I'm not using 2nd at all from the exit of Casio until braking for the hairpin..."

"Casio" Do you mean degner 2? if not, is the "hairpin" turn 1?

"I must be pulling a faster line through Dunlop as if I didn't brake for Degner 1 I'd fly straight off!!"

Indeed - i do slow down but just with a lift until corner done - then down to third and through degner 2. But I agree: degner 2 is a hard one.

"Agree, hairpin in critical to a fast lap - vital to not understeer here yet still get on the power before the apex."

totaly agree

"I slightly lengthened your 3rd and 4th gears to save using 5th on the straight, but I'm still hitting >150mph before 130r, so need to brake (early) a touch before balancing the throttle and then turning in... should be 140mph (c.226kmh)... I'll try just lifting and see if that works."

I need to check that my setup is the same as my post. I really never have to use 5th on the straight before 130R. For me the 130R is a matter of turning as litle as possible - if you understand what I mean.

But - mate - remember this is the fun tune and it was'nt ment to do great times in free run. Just a matter of convincing my friends that oversteard cars can go fast.:sly: I hope you join in to some scandinavian flick buisiness at suzuka online one day. Its fun - yeah.

Last edited:
By casio I mean the chicane towards the end of the lap.

Have't tried the car on line... tend to stick to the ferarri event... maybe I'll give it a try sometime this week.

And I agree on the sixaxis... for most people (bollox excepted!), to be really quick in MR cars wihtout a wheel and pedals is extremely tough.

I am happy to use this as my eternal excuse for not winning hotlap competitions :)

My using the d-pad instead of analog sticks isn't helping either.

You know, I actually think the severely reduced frame rate in the online free run currently is messing with me too.

Also..um...my carpet. The carpet in me TV room is really distracting. Yes. That's why I'm not in the 2'04s.

Ahem.

All the best
Maz

Hey guys, first of all thank you to everyone here for the flattering and extremely appreciated invite to join the Thunder & Lightning race team, I am honoured to accept your invitation! I've raced all of you and found every single one, Jon, Kai, Flash, Rune, Bjorn, Warren and Mac to be respectful, devastatingly fast (see Evora Hotlap leaderboard!) and friendly individuals...but more importantly...TEAM. I haven't raced with a tag or for a group before, always worrying that sometimes I might not be up to the expected and required standard of serious gamers and racers, despite how much time I dedicate to GT. I look forward to the challenge and the undeniably rewarding experience of being part of a respected and rated race team.

My name is Maz, I'm 28 and from London, England. However I was originally born in Iran but have spent over 20 years in the UK. I've been a follower of the Gran Turismo legacy from day one and played all main versions of the game to death. I am a huge motorsports fan, and a wannabe motorsports writer in addition to my current occupation as maths teacher and teacher trainer. I mistakenly fancied my own abilities at this game a bit too much until I discovered this forum and found out what the term 'expert' truly meant. GTPlanet is an exceptional community and I look forward to earning my tag at the next qualifier. I also love the Nordic/Irish/Germanic connection in this team as I'm a frequent visitor to Iceland and a fan of old Viking sagas. Movazebe Rad-o-Bargh baash, meaning "Beware of thunder and lightning" in my native language! :)

I will upload a suitable photo when I find one!

All the best
Maz

Welcome Maz:cheers:,

btw, the GTP_ tag registry is now open again. I´m looking forward to race with you when you have your GTP_ tag and an Evora in our TEAMCOLOR, lol

Regards

haha yes I noticed, I just hope it stays open long after I get back next Sunday, I really don't want to miss out again. If things go reeeeeallly well I hope to get into Div 1 bronze, but more likely my level is Division 2 where I think I will be in some seriously respectable company and I would be happy there. But if it's Div 3 or below, I'll just have to fight my way up if I've got what it takes!

Also I already have an Isotope green Lotus Evora :D

Once I have that magic T&L tune, I'll slap it on the Evora and go for a 2'04.

All the best
Maz

Thanks for the evora tune. Just tried it tonight, and it suits my driving much better than the dutch customs tune.

I'm so glad you like it Matt. We'll post some more tunes for the Evora soon. Change the front and rear toe if you want the car to get more neutral.

As the newest addition to this wonderful team, I must start by saying that I'm both delighted and honoured by your invitation.
It was with pleasure that I accepted it, more so because I see many familiar "faces" here, so it really feels like "home". :)

I just hope my average skill and my tendency to do unexplainable and un-provoked mistakes every now and then don't dissapoint you guys. :nervous:

About me: My name is Mário, I'm 44 years old, I'm from Portugal and I live (and work) in Lisbon. Married and with children, I'd like to mention that one of my kids is 11 years old and is already a GT5P player. Recently using a GTP tag (GTP_madbigdog), I told him to run the new qualifier, so maybe one day he'll also be in the registry.

Other things: I'm a long time biker, ride my XJR everyday, rain or shine. And I'm a go-kart addict, every time I can I jump into some kart racing with friends. As in GT, there's always someone faster than me, but I usually get a podium finish. :sly:

While online I try to run clean and as fast as I'm able to. Usually I race late in the night, in this line-up of events I've been racing the Evora Cup. Meet you there! 👍

I'm so glad you like it Matt. We'll post some more tunes for the Evora soon. Change the front and rear toe if you want the car to get more neutral.

No, i love it just as it is, just the right amount of slippy, you can really throw it around. lol. Been managing to get some race wins with it tonight. Mind you, wasn't a very full field.

Last edited:
Hello:).This is one of the three setups i have for the evora.The other two i will post when our team mate maz gets back from La:drool:.Anyway, i dont remember which of the 3 got me my fast lap. so it could be this one or it could be one of the others.See how you get on with this one and any feedback,good or bad,is welcome..:) Ride Height:-12..-14 Spring Rate:8..10 Damper:4..6 Toe[out/in]:-0.05..+0.06 Camber Angle:1.8..1.2 Brake Balance:9..8...Brake Balance is different for everybody.pick your own. Max Turn Angle:35...This also is up to you. Traction Control:embarrassed:ff ABS:1 Transmission:1st Gear:[mph44][71km/h]..3.210 2nd Gear:[mph78][126km/h]..1.830 3rd Gear:[mph110][177km/h]..1.300 4thGear:[mph149][240km/h]..0.960 5th Gear:[mph204][329km/h]..0.818 6th Gear:[mph246][396kmh]..0.698 I use a g25.setup on sim,no aids apart from ABS,and traction control when needed.good luck with it and remember use all the track..:cheers:

Last edited:
A big HURRAY for theewar whos defending the T&L crew in the 2nd stage of the ongoing GTP race. He made it through in the head to head battle against Vaxen.:bowdown: Keep it going mate.

Warren, best of luck for the head-to-head!! As soon as I'm back I'll be swinging that tune with my Evora to see if I can beat JvM on the leaderboard again!! He just keeps on improving :P

All the best
Maz

Thunder & lightning members race - Part 1: rolling thunder

* Standard GTP OLR rules and guidelines
* Race start xx.10, xx.25, xx.40, xx.55
* 30 sec delayed racestart - please return to original grid position
* Track: The famous Suzuka 750pp expert

The cars: Audi 3.2 TT VS Nissan 350Z

picture.php

RECALL

Warning - Audi 3.2 TT Recalled

The Audi dealeship is recalling the Audi TT. There is a lot of electrical issues they need to resolve. It drives like a tractor, and have constant mechanical problems. Its a Volkswagon golf with an egg as cover. It also makes people think that the T&L crew contains a lot of hairdressers. It's out.

And what replaces it? A beautifull wankel engined car from the island of Japan. It's the RX8. Rules of our rolling thunder race has changed.

The cars for our rolling thunder race:

picture.php

RX8 VS Nissan 350Z (not tuned version)Car comparos
NB! I'll get back on the PP regulations for the race.

And remember: Winning is'nt everything. This event is a social race amongst friends where the winner is "the lost" and the looser builds sandcastles like this one after a too big slide in turn 1:

picture.php

Thunder & lightning members race - Part 2: lightning fast

* Standard GTP OLR rules and guidelines
* Race start xx.10, xx.25, xx.40, xx.55
* 30 sec delayed racestart - please return to original grid position
* Track: The famous Suzuka 750pp expert

The car:

f04e7daeff5d07707569e70ce943cfc3_3296.jpg

350 Z - tuned version. Please PM Kai, Warren or Jon if you want our tune for this one. As you can see in the picture its verry fast - our tune. Car collour: of course pasion orange.

Please inform the other drivers, a post in the thread, if you can't participate.

Jon

Last edited:
It also makes people think that the T&L crew contains a lot of hairdressers.
Admit it, there's a reason why you are wearing that helmet all the time. ;) No need to be shy about your l33t hairdressing skills. ;) :P

congratulations to theewar for winning his races against uk86 yesterday! great going mate. lets see if your just as victorious tonight.... looking forward to have our first official race event for the t&l crew tonight.

Last edited:
picture.php

GET READY TO RACE MEMBERS OF THE T&L GARAGE

TUNES WILL BE UNCOVERED SOON AT A COMPUTER NEAR YOU

Get yourself a light blue RX8 and a passion orange 350Z

picture.php

The tunes for our first race this evening:

Nissan Fairlady 350Z – 649 PP
Bhp +24
kg 85%
tyres R3/R3
aero --/--
ride height -27/-27
spring rate 5/5
damper 3/3
toe -0.03/+0.06
camber 0.9/1.1
brake balance 7/8
max turning angle 40
traction control off
abs 1
1st gear 3.362
2nd gear 2.156
3rd gear 1.561
4th gear 1.220
5th gear 1.012
6th gear 0.876
final gear 3.560

Mazda RX8 – 655 PP – Everybodys darling tune
Bhp +38
kg 92%
tyres R3/R3
aero --/--
ride height -25/-25
spring rate 6/6
damper 3/3
toe -0.02/+0.08
camber 0.4/0.2
brake balance 7/8
max turning angle 40
traction control off
abs 1
1st gear 3.163
2nd gear 2.140
3rd gear 1.643
4th gear 1.292
5th gear 1.001
6th gear 0.877
final gear 4.976

Mazda RX8 – 655 PP – Slide but fast tune:
Bhp +34
kg 86%
tyres R3/R3
aero --/--
ride height -25/-25
spring rate 5/6
damper 3/3
toe -0.05/+0.03
camber 1.0/0.1
brake balance 7/8
max turning angle 40
traction control off
abs 1
1st gear 3.378
2nd gear 2.137
3rd gear 1.478
4th gear 1.177
5th gear 0.999
6th gear 0.905
final gear 4.760

:)Well guys i think our rolling thunder&lightning fast events went down really good tonight.I for one had some great battles with each of my team mates,and even though mr hun was late in joining us:sly:he jumped in at the deep end making sure he had his say in affairs on the track.👍.Our very own{one of these kids are doing their own thing}Mr_geez,who refuses to drive the teams choice of colours;due to some childhood nightmares:P was right there at the front most times.But got confused by all the orange around him:ill:.Our team leader seemed to be falling apart as the evening went on,what with him having the norway flu and hurting his leg from god only knows what:ouch:.As for stealthwinner and fair_play,well any body that has raced these two guys know how consistent they are and tonight was no different:tup:and last but by no means least bjorn,drink in one hand and the steering wheel in the other was loving the 350z-rs and his driving tonight was fast,fast,fast:eek: or at least untill he got punted by some:censored:.I look forward to the next one of these inhouse events and hopefully mr highflyer, LA party boy,Maz will be back in the fold by then.....peace:dopey:

Indeed great fun, even for a late entrant !!! 👍 👍

And of course you forgot to mention that there was another guy there, theewar I think was his name, that either was all over my (car's :sly: ) back wrecking my concentration :D or in front of me, pulling away like he had nitros. :odd: :lol:

Indeed great fun, even for a late entrant !!! 👍 👍

And of course you forgot to mention that there was another guy there, theewar I think was his name, that either was all over my (car's :sly: ) back wrecking my concentration :D or in front of me, pulling away like he had nitros. :odd: :lol:
What is this nitros you talk of:dopey:.A good cup of tea and a smoke is my fuel:P.I bet your parking sensor was going balistic in your car:lol:

I dont know diddly about tuning so a detail like that goes straight over ..I just like to drive them,thats why I rely on tuners like you so I can at least try..would the power and weight be needed for that car????. Anyway race tunes much appreciated to enhance my game..tks V much

Back