Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
I was considering opening an exception on you tunes. Let me try tonight to see how it goes, starting last. The IS-F can't go over 600 I recon

TLD Aston Martin DBR9 Road Going
(357kw) (591Nm) (1453kg) (608 PP)

tunesheet_Aston_Martin_DB9.gif

Performance:

Power: +7
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S2

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -8/-6
Spring Rates: 6/3
Damper: 7/3
Toe: -0.18/+0.20
Camber: 1.6/1.0

Brake Balance: 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.328
2nd: 1.596
3rd: 1.265
4th: 1.029
5th: 0.850
6th: 0.600
Final: 3.820

Description: Back in the days of Aussie Tuners one of my most famous and credited tunes was an AT-Spec DBR9 race car. The feedback was so great that TLD has now decided to release the road-going version of that very car. The TLD DBR9 Road Going has had weight removed and power bumped to a Corvette challenging 357kw. Underneath you will find race spec suspension, a heavy duty short ratio 5spd cog swapper and to keep things in check, semi-slick tyres. With possibilities in the future of an aero kit and looking into a 6spd manual, the car's prospects are looking up to get better with time!

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
5spd Gearbox
Don't over drive this car, as it's easy to do and you will lose loads of time doing it
Not much low end grunt, so traction exiting really low speed corners should be plenty

Last edited:
Hey Paulie,
I've been using your tunes for a while and never got around to thank you (shame on me :grumpy:). I've used your 512BB @ Suzuka (I love that car), and the 650pp Tuned Vette. Now I'm gonna start testing your 600pp tunes for the No Mercy event.

And thanks for sharing your work with us! 👍

Hey Paulie,
I've been using your tunes for a while and never got around to thank you (shame on me :grumpy:). I've used your 512BB @ Suzuka (I love that car), and the 650pp Tuned Vette. Now I'm gonna start testing your 600pp tunes for the No Mercy event.

And thanks for sharing your work with us! 👍

No, thank you for using my tunes and the thankyou.:) I love the 512 BB too, so much better to drive than the other Ferraris.

Ey, Paul, I've noticed something...

The NSX-R is quite literally Roj's car without downforce and S2 instead of S3 tires.

And the FD is exactly what I would throw at Roj if I could drive worth anything, again minus downforce and S3s.

The weight is exactly what we run at in GT4, and the power is where Roj's Evo is now at, now that he finally changed the oil, and where my would-be competitor FD would be with GT oil.

Hmm.

Now if only I had a PS3 and GT5:P.

Ey, Paul, I've noticed something...

The NSX-R is quite literally Roj's car without downforce and S2 instead of S3 tires.

And the FD is exactly what I would throw at Roj if I could drive worth anything, again minus downforce and S3s.

The weight is exactly what we run at in GT4, and the power is where Roj's Evo is now at, now that he finally changed the oil, and where my would-be competitor FD would be with GT oil.

Hmm.

Now if only I had a PS3 and GT5:P.

My settings are very different to Roj's. Power and weight is generally mandated by the class we race in (this time 600 Performance Points). I'm not really sure of the point of your post, but are you implying I copied a car you haven't created yet? Either way, I can prove how different my settings are to Roj's if you like.

Last edited:
My settings are very different to Roj's. Power and weight is generally mandated by the class we race in (this time 600 Performance Points). I'm not really sure of the point of your post, but are you implying I copied a car you haven't created yet? Either way, I can prove how different my settings are to Roj's if you like.

Nononono...

Just pointing out how close in spec our GT4 rides are to your newish additions to your garage.

OK. I deleted that analogy then, although it did point out how our setups were wildly different in almost every respect. But the power and weight are similar, OK. I bet your GT4 FD would have a far far better power curve though, the arcade style of modifying cars in GT5:P is rather lowsy.

There's far too much I don't like about GT5:P and I dearly hope it doesn't come along to the full GT5 game...

But meh. Hijacking your thread is the wrong place to go into detail about it.

RE: Power curves... My FD and Roj's NSX just have pumped-up versions of the stock power curves due to what modifications we've done... GT4 only alters the power curve for different turbo stages, NA-to-turbo conversions, and NA-to-supercharger conversions.

Unless there are some tunes someone was hanging out for for me to release, I doubt there'll be anything new until an events update as nobody is racing so nobody will drive any new tunes anyway.
So if there's any tunes people really wanted for these events, speak up!

Edit: Ah to hell with it, I got a special request for a tune so up she goes!:lol:

Last edited:
TLD Nissan GT-R V-Spec Suzuka I
(400kw) (616Nm) (1479kg) (650 PP) (Suzuka)
(380kw) (607Nm) (1513kg) (650 PP) (Daytona Road)
(393kw) (613Nm) (1479kg) (700 PP) (Suzuka)

tunesheet_nissangtr.gif

Performance:

Power: +11 +6 +9
Weight: 85% 87% 85%
Tyres: S2 S3 R1

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-18 -20/-18 -20/-17
Spring Rate: 6/3 6/3 8/3
Damper: 2/5 2/5 5/2
Toe: -0.18/0.00 -0.18/0.00 -0.12/-0.21
Camber: 1.4/1.0 1.4/1.0 1.7/1.2

Brake Balance: 8/2 8/2 7/4

Front/Rear Torque Distribution: 30/70

Max Turn Angle: 48 48 50

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all diving aids turned off except ABS at 1.

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.354
2nd: 2.018
3rd: 1.543 1.543 1.456
4th: 1.240 1.240 1.188
5th: 1.025 1.025 1.011
6th: 0.877
Final: 3.920 3.565 3.930

Description: Most people will be familar with the R34 GTR V-Spec Nürburgring edition designed to tackle the Green Hell, it was one of the fasest R34s to ever come out of Nissan. But now, here today, The Lion's Den in co-operation with Nissan has made a new V-Spec tuned to tackle the Suzuka track in Japan, a track where tunes are in high demand these days. It will be up against fierce competition, but then anything that has entered the lion's den as it were and come out alive is not likely to scare easily. Problem is, some who enter and emerge alive leave with mental scarring, and the GTR didn't fare well against the Lion leaving the affair of braking a rather delicate one.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka
Daytona Road
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Braking is neither here nor there, apply too much pressure and you'll understeer, not enough and oversteer it is
Let it redline a little, it makes power right up to fuel cut-off
Oversteer can be provoked at the hairpin so be that little bit careful first time out until you know its limitations.
No oversteer at all for this one with on throttle applications, put your foot down
It took me a while to figure out, but it's imperative you do not go into a corner with the brakes lightly applied, as the rear will kill you. Instead, the brakes are set up to allow firmer application of the brakes while trail braking, you should brake slightly earlier for the first corner and keep the brakes at around 40-50% through the corner. Turn 1 is the only real problem child, you'll have next to no problems elsewhere.

Last edited:
Finally another tuner pops up with a GT-R tune... Looks interesting, I'm going to give it a shot and see what you made of it... 👍

Finally another tuner pops up with a GT-R tune... Looks interesting, I'm going to give it a shot and see what you made of it... 👍

Probably not much, the test and tune process went a lot faster than many other cars, but I could certainly use the feedback.👍

Probably not much, the test and tune process went a lot faster than many other cars, but I could certainly use the feedback.👍

No problem! I'll get back to you tonight, after Ive taken it for a few laps.. :)

-edit: I took your tune out for a few laps and I must say I'm impressed.... its a totally different approach then I took and your tune is really stable and tight in the corners.... feels very nice and precise! Even if you do manage to get the back end out its easy to catch and adjust again.... I also like how it stays nice and flat in the corners and doesnt have bodyroll or anything at all.... once you get it going on the ideal line it almost feels like its going by itself... good acceleration too! Overall a very nice tune! I enjoyed taking it around and I think I'm going to do a couple races with it and see how I fair! 👍 Thanks!

Last edited:
Paulie, thanks for this excellent GTR tune. It is so pleasant to drive the GTR now :) I hope that I will manage to go below 2.08.xx on Suzuka with it.

Thanks again!

No problem! I'll get back to you tonight, after Ive taken it for a few laps.. :)

-edit: I took your tune out for a few laps and I must say I'm impressed.... its a totally different approach then I took and your tune is really stable and tight in the corners.... feels very nice and precise! Even if you do manage to get the back end out its easy to catch and adjust again.... I also like how it stays nice and flat in the corners and doesnt have bodyroll or anything at all.... once you get it going on the ideal line it almost feels like its going by itself... good acceleration too! Overall a very nice tune! I enjoyed taking it around and I think I'm going to do a couple races with it and see how I fair! 👍 Thanks!

Thanks very much for the review.👍:) Good to hear it handles well, an AWD GTR doesn't suit my driving style very well.

Paulie, thanks for this excellent GTR tune. It is so pleasant to drive the GTR now :) I hope that I will manage to go below 2.08.xx on Suzuka with it.

Thanks again!

You're welcome, and good luck on your lap time mission.👍

Drift tunes!

lol awsome but there isnt much to it :lol:
We should hook up some drift sometime ;)

👍

Not much to a drift tune you say? I might surprise you.;) Gearing plays a huge role at least. But pro-longing a drift without spinning or straightening might be easier with a good tune........I hope. This whole drifting thing might end up a flop, I hope not though.:lol: We could hook up some drifting, but be warned I will frustrate you with my crappy and slow drifting. You'll have to wait at every second corner (or more LOL) when I spin out too.:sly:

Last edited:
Hi, i am new to this board (not this game). But am very inexperienced in tuning. I read the crazy long guide by scaff(for gt4). Also tried some of your tunes. They are great just needed to increase the rear toe to reduce oversteer. (i am not very good with trottle control)

I got some question about your tunes.
For instance why do you like to set your Front toe's as negative. Wouldn't making it possitive be more beneficial for cornering( your tunes seem more for corners than straight).
Why do you normally set the rear brake bias higher than the front. The guide i read shows that weight is transfered from the back to the front. Through this theory, shouldn't the front be higher than the back.
Last question. Is there a reason why your damper values are normally lower than the spring rates. (with the exception of rx-7)

Thanks again for all your great tunes.

Hi, i am new to this board (not this game). But am very inexperienced in tuning. I read the crazy long guide by scaff(for gt4). Also tried some of your tunes. They are great just needed to increase the rear toe to reduce oversteer. (i am not very good with trottle control)

I got some question about your tunes.
For instance why do you like to set your Front toe's as negative. Wouldn't making it possitive be more beneficial for cornering( your tunes seem more for corners than straight).
Why do you normally set the rear brake bias higher than the front. The guide i read shows that weight is transfered from the back to the front. Through this theory, shouldn't the front be higher than the back.
Last question. Is there a reason why your damper values are normally lower than the spring rates. (with the exception of rx-7)

Thanks again for all your great tunes.

OK.
Negative front toe increases front end grip while reducing response and turn in. So having negative front toe means more grip.
Brakes depend on the car, take a look at the GTR for example. However yes, most of my tunes have high rear balance. This is because it gives my cars greater turn-in under brakes.
Damper values and spring rates are very different. I like a smooth and slow weight transfer for making maximum use of tyre grip and to allow the tyres to absorb bumps which mean you can ride curbs and have good grip on bumpy tracks which is why I have soft dampers. Of course, again it depends on the car and track. Most of my cars are RWD so soft dampers are handy.

And welcome to GTP.:cheers: I'm glad you like my tunes.👍

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I will take those factors into account when tuning 💡.
I will keep track of this thread (post reviews if possible) and ask some question when i dont understand something. I hope you dont mind:)

Thanks for your reply.
I will take those factors into account when tuning 💡.
I will keep track of this thread (post reviews if possible) and ask some question when i dont understand something. I hope you dont mind:)

OK, but I don't know everything, look around and you'll see I must constantly learn new things and remind myself of old things.;) What I am good at is piecing together a whole tune, making "this" work with "that", making all the settings work together to make one awesome car.:sly:

Edit: I'm not sure if a negative front toe is toe in or toe out, I do know that negative increases grip and decreases turn-in/response. That sounds like toe-in to me, but the game claims that to be toe-out. I might ask Scaff on that one.

Last edited:
Front wheels, negative toe is toe-out in GT5P.

Often opinions on positive and negative toe is confused around the world and can conflict.

Front wheels, negative toe is toe-out in GT5P.

Often opinions on positive and negative toe is confused around the world and can conflict.

Right, well then I guess I don't agree with GT5's "interpretation" of it. Scaff's guide's makes better sense of it but conflicts GT5.

What does Scaff's guide say? I just tried to download the pdf but it wont download.

What does Scaff's guide say? I just tried to download the pdf but it wont download.

Pretty sure it says that toe-in will give you more grip in the corners and decrease responsiveness/turn-in, while toe-out decrease grip in corners and increases responsiveness/turn-in. I know what GT5 does, but it'd be nice to know what happens in the real world.

Edit: Why didn't anyone congratulate wolfdude on being accepted into the drift/race team of The Lion's Den?

I just downloaded Scaff's guide and I see what you are getting at, I do remember seeing Scaff mention this not long ago.

Apparently in Europe "-toe" & "+toe" means the opposite than in Japan, so naturally to Scaff toe-in ( /---\ ) is "-toe" and toe-out ( \---/ ) is "+toe"

Actually now I am getting a little confused lol.

Last edited:
i'm new to this thread (not the game) as well... however, i am well versed in the working of cars...

scaff's tuning guide is really convoluted... but it helps...

hey paulie! nice tune on the gt-r... it really helped me figure out how to drive this thing...

however, it still will understeer until a certain point, and then the back end will fly out... try dropping the max turning angle...

can you do me a favor? can you make a tune for the evo ix (stock) and the mine's skyline? i love those cars and can't wait to see what TLD can do for them...

I have an unfortunate announcement to make. GT5:P is finally starting to age on me, and Tiger Woods is a game I am a verteran of so will be spending more time on that, a lot more. This does not mean I will close, but operations will be reduced quite severely no doubt. I will endeavour to make new tunes on weekends and weekends only (unless I feel like doing otherwise).

i'm new to this thread (not the game) as well... however, i am well versed in the working of cars...

scaff's tuning guide is really convoluted... but it helps...

hey paulie! nice tune on the gt-r... it really helped me figure out how to drive this thing...

however, it still will understeer until a certain point, and then the back end will fly out... try dropping the max turning angle...

can you do me a favor? can you make a tune for the evo ix (stock) and the mine's skyline? i love those cars and can't wait to see what TLD can do for them...

Hi there, welcome to GTP.:cheers:
That max turn angle is normally up to the driver's preference, it is essential for most drivers to sometimes make their own settings to suit their driving style. Just because I have it that high doesn't mean you have to.;)

I'll need to know what PP class and what tyres those 2 cars are for, and I will not be able to do them until the weekend if that is OK?

Back