Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
YEY!!! Your back, I havnt been around a long time but your tunes are very impressive and suit my driving style almost perfectly. Since ive had your tuned corvette 750PP tune i havnt stopped winning races online its such a great car and its quickly become my favorite car in my garage. Im so glad I found it as it has really helped me out in career and online, fantastic job and keep the tunes coming. The only tune ive really struggled with is your 512BB tune it seems to oversteer a bit too much for my liking, do you have any tips i could use to make it a bit more stable in the high speed corners like 130r and the first turn at Suzuka. Thanks for the great tunes!

Thanks for your compliments.👍 Oversteer in the 512 BB? Hmm, is that with this new and current tune in the 650 PP Ferrari event? If so, what kind of brake application do you do? In order to stand a chance against the Californias you need to be very smooth with all inputs. I had some in-stability in high speed corners at first as well, but in order to keep up speed in low speed corners, I taught myself to drive the high speed corners better with this one.

TLD Fezza Fast40 500th Edition
(307kw) (629Nm) (1473kg) (650 PP)
(336kw) (588Nm) (1149kg) (700 PP)

tunesheet_F40.jpg

Performance:

Power: -22 -5
Weight: 109% 85%
Tyres: R2 R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -3/0 -10/-7
Spring Rate: 6/8 6/8
Damper: 3/4 3/4
Toe: -0.10/+0.12 -0.16/+0.28
Camber: 1.4/1.0 1.4/1.0

Brake Balance: 4/6 5/5

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.346 2.346
2nd: 1.680 1.518
3rd: 1.264 1.225
4th: 1.002 0.991
5th: 0.818 0.818
Final: 3.660 4.230 (Time Trial)

Description: The Lion's Den has reached 500 posts :cheers:, and to celebrate I am releasing this special edition Ferrari F40. One of the most desired and respected supercars in history, the F40 is a beautiful machine. TLD has tuned it to a point far better than the original in every way. It took a lot of doing to find an F40 that we could actually modify, being such a collectable. We wanted one that had been wrecked so we wouldn't be ruining a mint original, and after a long time of scouring junk yards the world over, we received a call from a disgruntled owner who wrecked his at a track meet and wanted us to take it and give it a better life. Enjoy celebrating 500 replys to TLD, and thanks for all your support so far!

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Shift up at 6000-7000rpm, do not run to the redline as you're making no power there
Be careful on the throttle at the hairpin, unlike the other Ferraris this will spin the wheels there if not cautious
Just be smooth on throttle applications
Shift in the 7,000-7,500rpm range

Last edited:
Thanks for your compliments.👍 Oversteer in the 512 BB? Hmm, is that with this new and current tune in the 650 PP Ferrari event? If so, what kind of brake application do you do? In order to stand a chance against the Californias you need to be very smooth with all inputs. I had some in-stability in high speed corners at first as well, but in order to keep up speed in low speed corners, I taught myself to drive the high speed corners better with this one.

I used the tune from the old TLD thread its quiet competative with the california though for sure, Ive had a few close races against them and grabbed some wins against them. I tend to ride the brakes into corners a bit especially the first one at suzuka and sometimes I end up in huge drifts and off into the gravel or losing lots of time. Its a really fun car to drive though. Is there any possible chance of you making an amuse s2000 for 750 or 800pp in th future as im in need of a good amuse tune. Its a real shame they took out the lower PP 500 races online as I tryed your alfa 147 the other day and although the pp system changed its still a really fun car to drive.
Thanks for the great tunes!!

I guess I might be able to work on an Amuse tune.👍
I too wish for 500 PP to return, and on S3 tyres. All these high PP events mean there are people out there racing that can't control their cars, and it just results in crashes for us due to their driving. Plus the racing is closer and the cars are fun in 500 PP.

I guess I might be able to work on an Amuse tune.👍
I too wish for 500 PP to return, and on S3 tyres. All these high PP events mean there are people out there racing that can't control their cars, and it just results in crashes for us due to their driving. Plus the racing is closer and the cars are fun in 500 PP.

Nice:tup:

Yeh the 500PP races were very fun and the cars were great youcould really throw them into the corners and it felt great. Im having a lot of issues in the 800PP at fuji at the moment as people just cant break for the first corner and cause huge crashes almsot every lap.

Thanks for your reviews of my cars.👍:D I'm glad you seen the light of the 512 BB, it is so much better to drive than the Cali it isn't funny, unfortunately it's still just under 2sec slower than the Cali, so you need to drive well, but that's not a problem with it.:) For your 2 reviews you can request 2 cars from me to tune for you now, or hold on to your tune requests until you find a car/event you want in case there isn't one now.:)

Hello Mate,

Thank you for giving me chance to request 2 cars to tune :)
Could you send me the setting for Nissan GTR R34 Nur Spec and Dodge Viper 2002 Please:)

I'm going to try your Evora setting tonight and will post the review tomorrow.
Cheers mate!!

One more thing, The F40 is very nice car but it is little bit tricky I guess, but still good. any chance to reduce the oversteer?

Hello Mate,

Thank you for giving me chance to request 2 cars to tune :)
Could you send me the setting for Nissan GTR R34 Nur Spec and Dodge Viper 2002 Please:)

I'm going to try your Evora setting tonight and will post the review tomorrow.
Cheers mate!!

One more thing, The F40 is very nice car but it is little bit tricky I guess, but still good. any chance to reduce the oversteer?

I can do those cars for you, but it would help if I knew the track and PP you want them tuned for, and what tyre range we're looking at.:)
For less oversteer in the F40, increase rear toe positively until you are comfortable.:)

I can do those cars for you, but it would help if I knew the track and PP you want them tuned for, and what tyre range we're looking at.:)
For less oversteer in the F40, increase rear toe positively until you are comfortable.:)

I would like for Suzuka, and PP still 650, tyre s3- r1.
The thing is I always brake too much especially in esses, please give me hand with this :)

I'll give a shot the F40 by increasing the rear toe mate.

Cheers

I would like for Suzuka, and PP still 650, tyre s3- r1.
The thing is I always brake too much especially in esses, please give me hand with this :)

I'll give a shot the F40 by increasing the rear toe mate.

Cheers

I'll do S3 tyres, R1 seems wierd in an FR car.:sly: This should be interesting in the Viper.:scared:

I do all my own tuning but it's great to see TLD and it's great leader Paulie (Holden) back in action!👍
All the best mate, if you ever want to put your tunes to the test, I'll race with you anyday.:)
Take it easy,
Rusty*

Hi Holden,:)

I've been trying F40 last night, but was quick one.

I think the handling is much better compare to your previous setting, I did run on Fuji Speedway. I also adjusted the rear toe as suggested.
Changing the transmission in 7000 rpm slightly better, because it took me for a while if I insist crossing the redline, So I agree with 7000 rpm upshift.

The only thing is missing is lack of speed, other than that is still very good car to drive but need to push very hard to keep up with the rival.👍👍

Hi Holden,:)

I've been trying F40 last night, but was quick one.

I think the handling is much better compare to your previous setting, I did run on Fuji Speedway. I also adjusted the rear toe as suggested.
Changing the transmission in 7000 rpm slightly better, because it took me for a while if I insist crossing the redline, So I agree with 7000 rpm upshift.

The only thing is missing is lack of speed, other than that is still very good car to drive but need to push very hard to keep up with the rival.👍👍

Well it would want to be better than my old tune, with physics changes the old tune may as well have been tuned for an entirely different game.;)
The reason for a 7000rpm upshift is clearly visible in your power/torque graph.;)
Unfortunately, it can't be made fast enough to keep up with the other Ferraris, which is a shame.

TLD-R Amuse Shuriken2000 GT1
(Suzuka) (346kw) (645Nm) (1120kg) (750 PP)
(Fuji) (460kw) (568Nm) (1086kg) (800 PP)

tunesheet_amuses2000.gif

Performance:

Suzuka Fuji
Power: -32 0
Weight: 100% 97%
Tyres: R3 R3
Downforce: 20/35 20/35

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -1/+1
Spring Rates: 7/4
Damoer: 9/6
Toe: -0.08/+0.06 -0.08/+0.14
Camber: 1.3/0.5

Brake Balance: 5/6

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.697
2nd: 1.819
3rd: 1.408
4th: 1.136
5th: 0.935
6th: 0.781
7th: 0.659
Final: 4.950

Description: Ladies and gentlemen, may I present what could easily be the fastest 4cyl track car of our time. This Amuse makes so much power I had to rub my eyes in disbelief when I first saw it. Then I had to rub my eyes again when I seen how ugly it was, and the hotwheels, plastic looking interior. My eyes are now hurting. TLD has designed this one to compete at the highest level of road racing currently available, and compete it does. Speed and cornering ability are in no short supply, but controllability has its limits here, so be extra careful on the throttle.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Fuji (Fuji settings in TLD Red)

Tuner's Notes in General:
The entire setup (bar PP and the toe settings) strangely works at Fuji and Suzuka, which I feel has something to do with how highly strung/tuned it is as standard, therefore can't get much better on either track. As such, you may not notice a large increase in speed, but rather in drivability.

Tuner's Notes for Suzuka:
Shift up at 8000rpm, unless you are approaching a corner then you can run to redline to save unnecessary shifting
Use 7th gear as overdrive when drafting

Tuner's Notes for Fuji:
Don't bother using 2nd gear except at the tight S bend
Use all available revs (at least to redline)

Last edited:
Look forward to hearing about it guys, I'm a little unsure on this one so feedback could be a great help.👍
On another note, we have a little setback. I won't have a steering wheel all weekend and possibly longer into next week as mine has been deemed defective and I have to wait on a new one to arrive.:indiff: So there won't be any new cars for a few days, sorry guys!

Hello Mate,

I'm going to give it a try your Amuse S2000 tonight using DS3, :) I haven't got G25 yet:sly:

I did try in Suzuka East Time Trial using Cali with DS3 and still 2 seconds off the first record mate.
hopefully next month I can get G25:)

Hello Mate,

I'm going to give it a try your Amuse S2000 tonight using DS3, :) I haven't got G25 yet:sly:

I did try in Suzuka East Time Trial using Cali with DS3 and still 2 seconds off the first record mate.
hopefully next month I can get G25:)

It's heaps of fun using a wheel, and you do get faster.
Sorry about your R34 and Viper, it won't be coming for a few days without a wheel.

Hi Paulie,

I did try the Amuse S2000 last night in Fuji, The car was pretty stable and very easy to drive, transmission very nice as usual. The brakes also nice, you can brake very late and still manage to overtake some cars. I haven't tried it yet in Suzuka, I will give a shot tonight.

Cheers Mate:)👍👍

Hi Paulie,

I did try the Amuse S2000 last night in Fuji, The car was pretty stable and very easy to drive, transmission very nice as usual. The brakes also nice, you can brake very late and still manage to overtake some cars. I haven't tried it yet in Suzuka, I will give a shot tonight.

Cheers Mate:)👍👍

Good to hear, thanks for your feedback.:)

Will you be putting any tunes out for the No Mercy event ?

I just got my new wheel (first one was defective), so absolutely!:D Although this new wheel does have a creaky clutch pedal.:grumpy: I'm about to test the waters with a few cars. Unfortunately no low PP races like everyone asked for, so this will be a dominance of Clios and possibly even up to Vettes/Tuned and GTLMs, I don't know yet. Just a mild prediction.:)

TLD Chevy C6 Aerovette
(283kw) (588Nm) (969kg) (650 PP) (Suzuka)
(283kw) (588Nm) (1071kg) (650 PP) (High Speed Ring)

corvettetldgt7.jpg

Performance:

Power: -39 -39
Weight: 85% 94%
Tyres: S2 S3
Downforce: 10/22 10/20

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-8 -10/-9
Spring Rate: 9/6 5/3
Damper: 5/3 4/3
Toe: -0.14/+0.12 -0.18/+0.04
Camber: 0.8/0.3 1.5/1.1

Brake Balance: 4/8 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 50 45

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.248 1.251
4th: 1.020 1.025
5th: 0.844
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.770 3.415

Description: Back in the '70s GM made concept cars called the Aerovettes, with a mid-engined layout they were aerodynamically designed for high speeds. Now, in 2008 TLD presents the return of the name, but for a purpose suiting the new millenium. This Corvette is based off the C6 Corvette and has had a full aero kit applied providing downforce on the track. This means a car that is well capable of outhandling your average GTR.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
High Speed Ring

Tuner's Notes:
Wheelspin in 2nd gear under cornering load, be careful on the throttle
Pad users may like to tinker with the max turn angle to suit themselves
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox

Last edited:
Ok Paul lets have that Viper GTS no mercy setting I've heard about and I will give a review of it (tommorrow most likely).

Thanks in advance. :)

TLD Venom GTS '02​
(308kw) (637Nm) (1349kg) (600 PP)

tunesheet_viper_gts.jpg

Performance:

Power: -8
Weight: 86%
Tyres: S2

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -37/-36
Spring Rates: 9/6
Dampers: 6/4
Toe: -0.14/+0.08
Camber: 1.5/0.8

Brake Balance: 5/6

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.186
4th: 0.927
5th: 0.738
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.875

Description: One of the more commonly overlooked cars on the streets, The Lion's Den has obtained a 2002 model to work with. A far better suspension tune and gearbox means this car has knocked off a couple of seconds a lap. Named the Venom, it is a tool of the Viper, to strike once and kill its prey.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned like a 5spd
Shift up at 5 500rpm
Lots of traction
Car is unfairly handicapped by PD, it's no where near as fast on straights as other cars

Last edited:
Ok as promised I said I would give a review of the TLD Venom GTS '02.

First of all I am directly comparing it to my tune (if you could call it a 'tune') in which all I did was lower the car front and rear right down to max, otherwise everything was standard 600PP (same weight and power).

Ok so today I first took out my tune and did some laps and managed a 2'15.814, yesterday I did manage a slightly faster time somewhere in the high 2'16's. Then I took out your tune and some notes:

*The gearing is shorter (especially the upper gearing 4-5) and it does help to prevent miss-shifts alittle. Also while in the esses the shorter 3rd gear helps acceleration in the short burst of throttle between corners, also nice to get it to around 5500rpm on the back straight in 5th right up there in the powerband.

*The suspension is obviously stiffer and the car reponds faster on turn in.

*The drivability of the car is very good overall, plenty of traction (although when on limit at dunlop and spoon the rear still loves to slip and you still need to be on your toes :) ) and consistant to drive, when you get in the rhythm you can crank out 2'15's lap after lap.

Now as for lap times, sadly although the car does feel nice to drive, but I'm not finding much extra time, it yeilded me a couple high 2'15.5's which is an improvement but considering how nice it feels, it felt like it could be faster. So thinking about it, it seemed to be that this tune bites into corners nicer but when my (1 minute) tune settles into the corners it feel like the corner speed maybe a on par or even a little higher (didn't go back and check it). So I took it apon myself to lower the ride height of your TLD tune down to the same level as my dodgy tune and honestly...... First lap I knocked 0.1xx with mistakes.....
Next lap I knocked some more time off (less than a tenth) but also with mistakes, so I pushed on a little further and got the time down to 2'15.3's still knowing there is more to come.

After a bunch of crappy laps (bad spell) I managed to break into the 2'14's! with a 2'14.914, incredible and even that lap was not perfect. With the lower stance I managed to knock off over a half second.
If you tried it also you might not find the results, I don't know. I'm not sure if maybe the extra low ride hieght just suited my driving style more, or I was getting better with the car on the track but I did notice I had no trouble on corners killing my other ghost right away (in mid corner) after I lowered it, the good bite and reponse your tune has coming into the corner (which didn't appear comprimised by the extra low height) mixed with what appeared right away of higher corner speed made a winning combination.

Haven't raced it yet but as it is now, though I should be able to hit mid 15's consistanly in race with the odd low 15. 👍

Oh and BTW, for every review you get I bet there are 20+ people using your tune but never review it, may seem like not many are using them but I bet they are. With personal tunes I do for my self (I like to do my own mostly) I do find myself coming into the tuning forums and comparing settings, then often testing out some changes. Keep up the good work Paul. 👍

Best review I've had in ages!👍 Thankyou thankyou thankyou.:D Consistency, especially under race conditions is something I aim for, so good to hear that's worked for you. I will definitely try lowering it (as low as will go you say?), and check the results.:) I wasn't sure about compromising traction at the hairpin which is why I left it higher, but I'll test it anyway.

Best review I've had in ages!👍 Thankyou thankyou thankyou.:D Consistency, especially under race conditions is something I aim for, so good to hear that's worked for you. I will definitely try lowering it (as low as will go you say?), and check the results.:) I wasn't sure about compromising traction at the hairpin which is why I left it higher, but I'll test it anyway.

I just dumped it as low as it will go all round (-37), just to see how it differed. You may find it better with the rear a little higher but I didn't go into any tweaking.
Now you mention it traction out of the hairpin did seem as good but the corner speed made up for it.

Lowered the ride height to -37/-36, and you were right! I did a 2'15.6 with the higher ride height, and now I also did a 2'14.9 with the lower height.👍 Funny thing is, I messed up Casio at the end, and even got slightly sideways on the home straight, and I messed up that double left hander before the back straight (ever so slightly), so this 2'14.9 could easily be a 2'14.5 or 2'14.6.:D Thanks for the tip.👍

Edit: The traction at the hairpin does suffer just a little, but the car is just so easy to drive, really easy to push to its limits. My Corvette is faster, but this is easier to drive.

Last edited:
Back