Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
I have an unfortunate announcement to make. GT5:P is finally starting to age on me, and Tiger Woods is a game I am a verteran of so will be spending more time on that, a lot more.
You have reached the point we will all reach (at least) once in our time. ;) So many other quality games out there begging for your attention. Besides that, cutting back will make it more fun the times you do play it. :)

I have an unfortunate announcement to make. GT5:P is finally starting to age on me, and Tiger Woods is a game I am a verteran of so will be spending more time on that, a lot more. This does not mean I will close, but operations will be reduced quite severely no doubt. I will endeavour to make new tunes on weekends and weekends only (unless I feel like doing otherwise).

:lol: You play Tiger Woods too.... Ive been playing that one since 2000 I believe... me and my friends were COMPLETELY hooked on that game for many years.... I have not got the 2009 version yet though, which I do really want to get... Do you have that one already? Any good?

You have reached the point we will all reach (at least) once in our time. ;) So many other quality games out there begging for your attention. Besides that, cutting back will make it more fun the times you do play it. :)

Yeah I hope so. I imagine Tiger Woods will experience dust syndrome when the full GT5 comes out.:sly: (I'll probably try and keep my golfing career active). Funny thing is, there's only a couple games I care for these days. Not even Grand Theft Auto IV was able to take away from GT5:P. Tiger Woods is a rarity.

:lol: You play Tiger Woods too.... Ive been playing that one since 2000 I believe... me and my friends were COMPLETELY hooked on that game for many years.... I have not got the 2009 version yet though, which I do really want to get... Do you have that one already? Any good?

I'm getting the full game on Thursday, from the demo though Tiger Woods 09 seems to be pretty good. It has a club tuner and you get a coach, and improvements come more realistically too with dynamic skills and the need for practice. I just can't wait to test my years of golf skills online, none of my friends were ever able to touch my essentially perfect rounds. Check my sig, I'm going to be trying to organise GTP golf tournaments. That alone should be reason enough to get the game.;)

I'm getting the full game on Thursday, from the demo though Tiger Woods 09 seems to be pretty good. It has a club tuner and you get a coach, and improvements come more realistically too with dynamic skills and the need for practice. I just can't wait to test my years of golf skills online, none of my friends were ever able to touch my essentially perfect rounds. Check my sig, I'm going to be trying to organise GTP golf tournaments. That alone should be reason enough to get the game.;)

If thats the case, then I'm definately going to get Tiger Woods 2009... it will be nice to FINALLY have some other competition... :lol: Ive been playing the same 4 people ever since we started playing the game years ago... :) and lately its all down to who makes the first mistake if we do sit down for a round of 18... HAHAhAh Nice... keep me posted if you get around to arranging anything, because next to GT, Tiger Woods is my next favorite game.. ;)

Don't play on tour pro though, you're not allowed to apply spin to the ball mid-flight!

Oh, and btw, the drift tunes have been slightly delayed. Being my first drift tune and not being that good at drifting I've sent the car away for testing first, and that will take a few days.

TLD-R Mustang Drift Car
(245kw) (451Nm) (1385kg) (482 PP)

tunesheet_DRIFTER_2.jpg

Performance:

Power: +7
Weight: 85%
Tyres: N3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rates: 8/5
Damper: 7/5
Toe: +0.10/-0.10
Camber: 0.0/0.0

Brake Balance: 0/10

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids strictly off!

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.848
2nd: 1.994
3rd: 1.476
4th: 1.167
5th: 0.826
Final: 3.310

Description: In dire times The Lion's Den has searched for a way to increase profitability. We settled on the drift market, a market that is as yet un-tapped by any other garage once again making The Lion's Den the pioneer tuning garage. Starting with my first drift car, this is the car I learnt on, and still learning on. The V8 torque means starting a drift is easy as pie, but low power compared to other drift cars means keeping the wheels spinning might become difficult, but maybe that was novice test driving rather than the car's fault. Anyway, the car has been stripped of it's interior and power bumped with a sports exhaust and CPU re-tune. Have fun!

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Eiger Nordwand
Suzuka
London

Tuner's Notes:
Power kept low to maintain low end torque
I use brakes as my handbrake hence the brake balance, feel free to change to suit yourself

Last edited:
Hey Nice work on TLD Mustang. Hope to see more like it...
The tune is good ,i just changed a few things to my liking.
3rd 1.428 i dont like hitting redline
4th 1.085 was a little to high for me
No ABS
Brakes 1f 5r seems ok (i use red buttons on g25 for handbrake)
The lack of camber is strange but it works well i think.

Hey Nice work on TLD Mustang. Hope to see more like it...
The tune is good ,i just changed a few things to my liking.
3rd 1.428 i dont like hitting redline
4th 1.085 was a little to high for me
No ABS
Brakes 1f 5r seems ok (i use red buttons on g25 for handbrake)
The lack of camber is strange but it works well i think.

Thanks for trying it.:yup: I knew there'd be some little things that would vary from driver to driver with drift cars, even more so than grip cars, but glad this has worked well as a good base tune.:)

Well after finding out that Tiger Woods 2009 is absolutely crap I can announce I will be making a return to full operating capacity very soon.:) Probably this weekend, hope to get out some tunes for these current events.

Well after finding out that Tiger Woods 2009 is absolutely crap I can announce I will be making a return to full operating capacity very soon.:) Probably this weekend, hope to get out some tunes for these current events.

Is it crap? No way.... I thought it was going to be good with the new features and stuff.. :lol: so you wouldnt recommend it huh?

Hooray! Welcome back 👍 ;)

Is it crap? No way.... I thought it was going to be good with the new features and stuff.. :lol: so you wouldnt recommend it huh?

Depends on how dedicated to it you are, I wouldn't really recommend it myself.

Depends on how dedicated to it you are, I wouldn't really recommend it myself.

Well, you did say you played the previous games a lot... so I trust your judgement... Pity though... I was looking forward to doing 18 with ya! 👍

Well, you did say you played the previous games a lot... so I trust your judgement... Pity though... I was looking forward to doing 18 with ya! 👍

That's the biggest problem. Online connections are no where near as good as say GT5. I can forget about playing with any Europeans, it's always a bad connection from me to them (ask mr_VOLCANO, we've tried), I can't even get through to other Aussies. I figure the server is in USA (where EA Games is) because I can only ever play Americans.

Now, which event is most popular these days, Fuji or Daytona Road? Hah, I'll just try and make tunes for both.:sly:

The PRO events this time are way to "low grip" for me on a PAD, and i refuse to play with boost, so I'm waiting on the next event update playing Burnout Paradise.

I got it for €29.90 and been having loads of stupid mayhem fun online with some friends. Road Rage anyone? :dopey:

Back on topic... I'm definitely gonna try your drift tunes. It's a very good and original idea 👍

Now, which event is most popular these days, Fuji or Daytona Road? Hah, I'll just try and make tunes for both.:sly:

Yeah, I would just tune for both... quite a bit of cars are competitive :) 👍

Please dont forget suzuka 750pp , now is more interesting than ever ,I race whith jp gb ru ch us nl it es au fr at night from 9pm to 12 m in my time zone -4.30 .At what time are they racing ?from the last update i can race whith this peole from europe and japan.I am in Venezuela.

Nice to see you back. No one can resist the dark side that is called GT5P. :)

Too true... I was addicted to Guitar Hero briefly (as one can see on my thread), but i couldn't resist the allure of tuning. :bowdown: Paulie and TLD got me into it... so :cheers:

Please dont forget suzuka 750pp , now is more interesting than ever ,I race whith jp gb ru ch us nl it es au fr at night from 9pm to 12 m in my time zone -4.30 .At what time are they racing ?from the last update i can race whith this peole from europe and japan.I am in Venezuela.

750 is a silly class these days, unless it's on S2 tyres, then don't I already have some cars for that at Suzuka? Let me check.

Nice to see you back. No one can resist the dark side that is called GT5P. :)

Especially when then other game barely scrapes a C+.:P I'm too much of a car freak I think, especially when GT is just so awesome, you're right, it's impossible to resist.:ouch::dopey:

but i couldn't resist the allure of tuning. :bowdown: Paulie and TLD got me into it... so :cheers:

Sorry.:lol: I didn't mean to take your life away by getting you into tuning.:sly:

Edit: The TLD-R Mustang Drift car picture is officially in now.

Last edited:
TLD Subaru Imprezzive Rex
(328kw) (423Nm) (1181kg) (550 PP)
(???kw) (???Nm) (1181kg) (600 PP)

subaru-impreza-2007-limited-edition-wrx-sti-rb320.jpg

Performance:

Power: +84 +??
Weight: 85% 85%
Tyres: N3 R2

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -35/-33 -35/-33
Spring Rates: 8/5 7/6
Damper: 6/5 4/2
Toe: -0.15/-0.05 -0.15/-0.20
Camber: 1.1/0.7 1.6/0.8

Brake Balance: 5/7 5/6

Torque Distribution: 45/55 45/55

Max Turn Angle: 45 50

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.131 3.131
2nd: 2.129 2.301
3rd: 1.619 1.783
4th: 1.301 1.470
5th: 1.079 N/A
6th: 0.917 N/A
Final: 3.750 3.465

Description: Ladies and gentlemen The Lion's Den has returned to full operating capacity, and the first tune back is a real cracker. Tuned for Fuji Speedway this WRX makes quick work of those off camber corners. TLD has boosted output to a monstrous 328kw, all the internals have been strengthened, a bigger turbo is fitted pumping serious boost, new camshafts, crankier crank, the works. We've fitted a suspension fit for racing, and tuned it to make it seemingly handle better than some of those cars running around with aero packages in some corners. It's a wild drive, but once tamed is near on untouchable.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Fuji Speedway
Eiger Nordwand

Tuner's Notes:
WARNING, may warrant a driving style that destroys tyres
Power slides can be useful at some corners
Make use of lift off oversteer
Tuned as 5spd gearbox
Shift at 7,000rpm

Last edited:
Cheers Paulie, Looking forward to giving this a blast around Fuji, as I haven't tried the '05 yet. It was quite depressing seeing you just drive away from me like that yesterday. :lol:

Of what I have tried so far, I really like the feel of the '07, very light and nimble so you can put it just where you want it. But it does seem to loose something in traction to the EVO X, as I'm over half a sec faster in that compared to the '07 scooby.

Not that that made a difference as I watched your '05 disappear. Keep up the good work. 👍

TLD Subaru Impreza WRC WRX L.E.
(332kw) (443Nm) (1249kg) (546 PP) (Fuji Speedway)
(306kw) (423Nm) (1249kg) (600 PP) (WRS 40)

2008-wrx-sti.jpg

Performance:

Power: +63 +50
Weight: 85% 85%
Tyres: N3 S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -45/-43 -45/-43
Spring Rates: 8/5 6/5
Damper: 6/4 5/4
Toe: -0.16/-0.05 -0.19/-0.40
Camber: 1.2/0.5 1.7/1.1

Brake Balance: 5/8 5/5

Torque Distribution: 45/55 35/65

Max Turn Angle: 45 45

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.131 3.131
2nd: 2.129 2.129
3rd: 1.595 1.595
4th: 1.289 1.289
5th: 1.081 1.081
6th: 0.930 0.930
Final: 3.875 3.875

Description: The secret's out, the new Subaru Impreza is slower and softer than the previous generation, and so Subaru has contacted The Lion's Den to work some magic on it to make it the fiery rally bred sports car it once was. The result it impressive, by reworking the torque split and suspension it now handles just like the last model, better even than the stock version. Power has been boosted considerably using parts from the TLD catalogue, and the gearbox has also been modified for use at tracks likes Fuji. The official name for this car is the WRC WRX Limited Edition, but internally at TLD we know it as the PigSTi, because even though it's much better now, it's still a bit rougher, certainly uglier, and has a worse engine note than the '05 STi. But now, well, have fun is all we can say.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Fuji Speedway
High Speed Ring (WRS 40 time trial special)

Tuner's Notes:
WARNING, may warrant a driving style that destroys tyres
Power slides can be useful at some corners on N3 tyres
Make use of lift off oversteer
A bit rougher than the '05 version but very similar handling and speed

Last edited:
Well, got a chance to give your 05 tune a go, and after a couple of laps I was 0.5 sec over my best time to date the 07. So great work 👍 , especially since the '07 probably suits my drivng style a little better.

Once again, as has become a hallmark of your tunes, the gearbox really brings out the best of the cars performance.

The '05 is quite a fiesty little car when that turbo kicks in and you're right that it may not be a winner when we get tire wear , but hey, let's enjoy throwing it around the corners while we can.

Now looking forward to giving your '07 tune a go and see if your magic gets it back on top.

Well, got a chance to give your 05 tune a go, and after a couple of laps I was 0.5 sec over my best time to date the 07. So great work 👍 , especially since the '07 probably suits my drivng style a little better.

Once again, as has become a hallmark of your tunes, the gearbox really brings out the best of the cars performance.

The '05 is quite a fiesty little car when that turbo kicks in and you're right that it may not be a winner when we get tire wear , but hey, let's enjoy throwing it around the corners while we can.

Now looking forward to giving your '07 tune a go and see if your magic gets it back on top.

Thanks for your input and trying my tune I really appreciate it.:)
My 07 might suit your driving style a little less as I made it to hande like the 05 because the 05 really carves up Fuji. When I was following you tonight it really looked like you could put the power down a lot earlier, let the tail hang out and the car will do the rest.

Re: Tyre wear, it would go through at least 2 sets a lap.:D Stop at the tight S bend, get some rubber out of the boot and fit them, then hurry back to pit lane for some more.:lol:

Tried your 05 tune yesterday, it was a fun one, but I couldent bring out its potensial. 1.53 you say? 1.55 to me. This is a very differnt tune from you, I have a quite conservative and smooth driving style and your tunes has fitted that style useally...this one feels more like a fun tune to me. your first tune that didnt fit me..it had to come someday..

When I was following you tonight it really looked like you could put the power down a lot earlier, let the tail hang out and the car will do the rest.

Yep, I'm sure you're right. Like Mr Volcano I'm a more conservative, 'drive to the limits of the grip' rather than a 'hang right out over it' kind of driver. In that regard my fastest TT yet around Fuji is in the Tuned EVO X, probably the downforce giving it the extra grip I like.

But I have to admit the '05 is more fun, and I definately haven't finished with it. You may see me hanging it out there yet. :)

Mate!

Tried both the Subaru Impreza '05 & '07 tunes and they were AWESOME 👍

Within 5 laps (no joke), I was able to beat my best times with those cars by close to 2 seconds!!! Still not as fast as your 1'53.xxx but was my personal best at 1'55.xxx with the '07 slightly faster than the '05 for me. Amazing how a properly tuned machine can do to the lap times ;) ;)

Thanks alot! Keep up what your're doing!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back