Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's why we're #1 Tuner team.. we tune the cars you were just thinking about.. :mischievous:

Bzzz.

#1 - 270NA built WAY before the FQ Aero, but yours is zero downforce. ;):P
#2 - Isuzu's weren't the same cars I'm doing. ;) Same philosiphy, not the same cars. :D

That's why I'm thanking my lucky stars. :P:tup:

But then again, since you guys have more than 100 tunes at last count, it's pretty hard to be unique which is making my efforts all the more rewarding. :cool:

:eek: niicee car 👍 Sad I can't test it :(..

that's why we're #1 Tuner team.. we tune the cars you were just thinking about.. :mischievous: oh well, the next pair will be the polar opposite.

Right :mischievous: That is what I always say :lol:

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Feeding false information to our ESP-unit won't help you. Flying Finns shall prevail. Resistance is futile.

Well.. You are welcome and I would like to test and review some of your cars, but this won't happen until I don't get a new PS2 and a new GT4 disk.. The reason I can review the cars of this garage is that I've done the reviews before my PS2 and GT4 gave up.. I've written everyhing down, so I just have to post it here ;)

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan

All my cars are on GT5 now.;)

that's why we're #1 Tuner team.. we tune the cars you were just thinking about.. :mischievous: oh well, the next pair will be the polar opposite.

No.1 on GT4.:P

Prius/Insight combo could be fun.

The Insight winds up a bit weak though. Light, but weak.

And the Prius winds up a supercar crusher does it?:lol:

Show me another garage with 128 tunes and 150.000+ visitors - regardless of the game - and we might just discuss that. :sly:

Quality, not quantity.:lol::P I have had over 1,000 posts and ~100,000 visitors since April though.:) Not bad. I am more interested in view count these days because I know people use my tunes and not post about it, they're not even members at this forum.;) I predict in the full GT5 with the addition of online racing legendary rivalry between tuning garages, friendly rivalry of course.:sly:

I've tried three MFT setups thus far: the MFT X-Fire RC '04, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII SE, and the Mercedes Benz 300SL-C. My reactions were hot, lukewarm, and ice-cold, respectively.

The X-Fire takes my breath away. The little beast is fast, always in the right gear, and holds the road with a deathgrip. Raves, raves, raves. One of, if not THE best handling machines in my GT4 garage.

The evo? Lukewarm - it's a fun ride, but a lancer to be respected and not pushed - it'll spin easily if you give it too much enthusiasm.

Now, as to the 300SL - MFT, you owe me the ~200,000 Cr I spent souping this machine up. When the gullwing wasn't caterwauling about destroying it's rear tires, it was clumsily backing out of a corner, forcefully put there by a complete failure to hold the road.
Perhaps my foot is too heavy and my steering wheel too clumsy?

Iunno.

In closing, I ADORE the X-Fire, take the Lancer out from time to time, and am searching for a better car for 1000 Miles! and World Classic Car.

I'm glad that you liked the X-Fire. Since it did blow you and competition out of water, I warmly recommend trying out the supercharged 350Z.. as you can see from the laptime and few reviews, it is competing evenly with ~550bhp cars thanks to the massive torque and grip, while being real joy to drive.

The 300SL-C.. well, that is bit of a beast, and since the GT4 doesn't change the tyre width as you change the tyres to sportier, the handling is what it is.. but that's how the olds car were, even the race ones.. always on the limits of adhesion, especially since downforce wasn't too well known back then. it was the driver that kept the car on the road, not tyres, computers or huge wings. So, you really need to be on your toes with that monster.

you can now request 2 tunes from me and 1 from Greycap.

Saw a little review of the Lancer Evolution VIII SE and thought I should tell you my opinion about that car 💡.. So here we go..

First of all, the acceleration is enormous. It's the same as with the Amuse NSX GT1: If you push it too hard, it will spin the rear tyres, but you just need few more tries and you'll manage to have no wheelspin anymore.. I think Greycap knows, too: There's something special about the brakes.. I mean: I've never thought that the brakes can be set like this.. They are so strong and because of that you can brake reeeeaaaaly late.. I can remember more cars from MFT I've tested having such good brakes: TVR Griffith 500 Blackpool '94, Aston Martin Vanquish GT '04, Mitsubishi Evolution VI RS "Raiden" '99, Audi TT-S '03, FD-R '01, MFT R4 '03, Nismo GT-R V-SpecII R-Tune '02 and many more (I'm going to review all of them ;)).. But that's not all.. The car is very stable and well balanced, too.. And because of all this aspects you can drive against 600-700 hp cars and you can even stay out longer than them, because the tyre wear is perfect..

All in all: The Lancer Evolution VIII SE is an excellent car, bringing some excitement to every person who tries it.. The acceleration is very good and you are as fast as cars with 600-700 hp and even faster.. And in order your opponents are much faster than you (it's really hard to find faster opponents for this car :)), you can pass them by outbraking them.. But what I've really enjoyed was staying out later than all the other cars, because the tyre wear was perfect. The rear tyres wear out before the front ones, but that's excatly how it should be.. You can easily manage 3-5 more laps on total weared out tyres (front and rear).. Only better skills are needed 👍..

10/10

Positive:

- Acceleration
- Brakes
- Balance
- Tyre wear

Negative:

Nothing! 👍

I hope that's enough information about the car and if not or you've got questions, fell free to ask me 👍

Best wishes,

Last edited by a moderator:
Nxwtypx - Thanks for taking the Evo out! You didn't say that much so I can't say much in return... but instead I'll say a thing about your search for 1000 Miles! - you don't need anything tuned for it. Take a full standard Lotus Elan, make sure there's no Cobra in the lineup and destroy the opposition.

Leonidae - Quite tactical not to mention that the 350Z got seriously schooled by the 484 bhp NSX, huh? :D

S-Line Audi Fan - Another review for the Evo! If you need faster opponents for it I suggest the JGTC series. You'll have a full time job on your hands fighting them off even before the tyres are in shreds, and it's not getting exactly easier after that. All in all, thanks for the review and you know the drill.

do you rather get sweaty while driving instead of enjoying the experience? :P oh wait.. never mind :lol: just don't answer..

Hey, driving something "safe" in terms of tune won't scare you but it won't be all that interesting either. Well... Slight understeer at the absolute limit has never been something I'm fond of and that's the "safe" way to tune something.

S-Line Audi Fan - Another review for the Evo! If you need faster opponents for it I suggest the JGTC series. You'll have a full time job on your hands fighting them off even before the tyres are in shreds, and it's not getting exactly easier after that. All in all, thanks for the review and you know the drill.

You're welcome! 👍 Well.. Thank you for that hint, I'll try that one out when I've got a new PS2 and GT4 disk.. Mhh.. This will probably be next week, but I can't promise anything, since I don't know if I'm going to have time to buy it.. You know: Next week school begins :indiff:.. But I think I have good cards to get a new PS2 and a GT4 disk.. :) Eer.. One question: I don't know if they sell GT4 anymore.. Have you got a an idea? 💡.. And about the difficulty: I love the severity to be as high as possible :mischievous: :sly:

Best wishes and expect many more reviews 👍,

Nice setups, and nice choice of track to test them on. Is it possible for you to do a setup for the Acura RSX?

Yes I have, and yes they do. It's a Platinum release nowadays so you'll even get it for cheap.

Well.. I bought a GT4 disk back in August of 2007 and it was a Platinum release and it just cost 22 €.. And because of that I thought they don't sell it, because it's cheap.. :P..

Best wishes and expect a new review tomorrow ;),

EDIT: So I want to review a car, but I made the last post and I don't want to doublepost in order to keep this thread clean.. Well, then I have to wait until someone has made a post here..

EDIT 2: Well, got to go now.. Think I have to post the review tomorrow.. See you then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wolf r32 '03 review

Very predictable and easy to drive!

The only time you see understeer is if you steer too hard.
Absolutely no tire spin on take off.
Very good accelleration and good at maintaining top speed.
This car drives like its on rails.
Excellent starter car.

Last edited:
The Amuse NSXs are NSX-Rs, the Mugen Integra is just a 1998 (If I'm not mistaken) Integra.

Apply parts, apply settings, then you have your Amuse or Mugen.

NISMO 550R '98​

The acceleration and the deceleration in this car is great, and the acceleration and the deceleration are very quick so you are always quick off the line. The brakes just need to go one notch up for them to be perfect but they are good they don't really feel powerful but they do show occasionally that they are powerful though. I like the way you made the camber just right so it not too slippery and it doesn't make you do wide turns, but its got some understeer and it's a little twitchy on the little slope on Trail Mountain by the finish/start line that you go down.

I give this car 8/10

Good work Greycap
:)

Last edited:
:tup:hey greycap, brilliant work on your cars, i really enjoyed them, one of the best setings i have found so far for the proto motors car....
the car turns very nicely, and has good power to pull it out of the corners, i posted a 8'30 time on the Nurb, which is my personal best....
could you do me a 70' dodge Charger 440 R/T i like the handling to be neutral by the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back