Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, she will be a blast on test course too.. but even more power? on those tyres? it alredy has more than those tyres should be able to handle, and it kinda shows in the gearing..

My review of the MFT C740R:

I didn't like C5 'Vettes before I tested your C740R. I have no idea why. There was just something about them that was different than what I'd expect from a Corvette. But anyway, back to the review. First I tested it on Laguna Seca, the place where I tune my personal cars. The power this thing makes is just insane. I mean, you just blink, and it's at 100 mph. This would be seriously dangerous on public roads. In Laguna's first tight corner, with its R3 tires, it gripped and took the corner with no understeer, no oversteer, no drama, just grip. On the corner exit, when I put the hammer down, it took off like...like...well, like nothing else. Wheelspin was a minor problem in first and second, but with 740 horsepower, it's hard to control it. Later, I did a hot lap challenge against my supercharged Viper, and despite having a major torque disadvantage (5.7 liter NA V8 against an 8.3 liter supercharged V10), the MFT car won by two tenths.:ouch::banghead:
Next, I took it to La Sarthe, where it hit around 220 on Mulsanne, thanks to its short-ish gearing. It took the corners with the grace of an LMP car. I'm a terrible driver, so I screwed up more than a few times, which wasn't the car's fault. But, the lap was pretty fast by my standards.

So here's the positive sides...👍
+Very fast
+Controllable and easy to drive (like all MFT cars)
+Fun to drive
+Looks cool (I bought the '00 Camaro rims for it)
+Bang for buck
+Did I mention VERY fast?

...and the negative.👎
-Wheelspin
-Short gearing
-Bad engine sound
-Still expensive...but who cares?!

Overall, I give it a 9 out of 10.
It's funny how just one MFT car represents the whole lineup: fast, smooth, fun to drive, just incredible.

I'm probably going to test the R390 in a week or so, and I'll put up a review.
And, for a request, I want more "Mad Files" cars! Maybe a Prius (I had no idea the first gen was in GT4) and a Midget?

MinoltaMan89

Thanks for the detailed review! C740R is one of my faster cars, and it has received a lot of praise before. I'm glad that you liked it and tested it on tracks which weren't in my mind when I tuned it.👍 So, go ahead, PM your request and sooner or later, you shall receive the tuneup you asked for.

Oh, and Mad Files will receive a new pair on April.

well, she will be a blast on test course too.. but even more power? on those tyres? it alredy has more than those tyres should be able to handle, and it kinda shows in the gearing..

Nooo, I meant sukerkin's needing to wear down a 'vette.

Hello Mad FinnTuners! :) How are you doing, Grey and Leo? I wasn't at GTPlanet for a month or so, because I had no internet connection, but I'm back and I'll review as many cars as possible the next days :) Also, I want to admire you.. Very nice cars you brought out while I wasn't here.. 👍

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Review of the 300cruzin

Leonidae, you have turned a beast of a car into a Monster. This car was goo before, i thought it had a nice engine, and you took that out and threw the hulk under the hood. The power was so immense that I actually had to go out and buy a spoiler, so i could have downforce. I set it to almost max, and still had trouble with 2nd gear. Flat out it spins more than an entire season of D1. This is probably due to my very aggressive driving style, which includes constant throttle mashing, lots of late braking, and hard acceleration. One thing that I do like is the gearbox. On the GVS it maxes out right at the end of the main straight. Very well done. It transitions nicely, and the MPH climb rapidly. Like most suspensions, its great until you loose it. If i accidentally hit the grass or a high curb, its back to tornado town. Most of it is due to driver error, but that's the price to be paid for a high end car like this. I like your work, well done.

So, go ahead, PM your request and sooner or later, you shall receive the tuneup you asked for.
Oh, and that will probably be "later". I don't really need a tune. I feel like I'm on GTP a lot more than I play GT, and that's true.

Greycap, which car of yours should I review? Maybe one that hasn't been tested in a while?

Thanks for the review, Blitz! as I already know your request, feel free to continue the good job. and MinoltaMan, no sweat with the request.

This is my rewiew of the Plymouth 'Cuda

It has good handling, speed and acceleration all in one. There is "some" wheelspin but it's fun to drive on fast tracks as on twisty tracks. It' not an usual american car that's afraid of corners but I find slow corners that are difficult to drive like the ones on Costa Di Amalfi.
Positive things on it are:
+speed
+acceleration
+handling
+cool
Negative sides are:
-wheelspin
There isn't anything else bad about it.
I think it's 9.5/10

I might need settings for a Ginetta G4, could you do one?
This is first rewiew, but i have a few cars in my garage ready for testing, I'll rewiew them later.

Greycap, is there a car you want me to review? Please, something that doesn't have 700 hp and a 200 mph top speed.

Also, I sent you a friend request. If I review one of your cars, will you accept it?💡:P

My 100th post!

Last edited:
Finnish Bomber - Great, the Cuda getting out once again! The twisties are difficult thanks to the size of the car alone, I guess. Hard to bend five metres of steel around a tight hairpin. The coolness factor can never be left out, did you happen to watch Bullitt the other day? I'll get you one Ginetta soon, there is one already finished.

MinoltaMan89 - Let's see... perhaps the Corvette SS if you're into American cars, Europa Super Special if you like hard cornering or the MR2 SC if you want to live on the edge. Pick the one you like. And I noticed the friend request... yep, I will. 👍

Review of the Ace Cobra

I'm not sure this was the intention, but I drove this car as if it were a rally car. I would use a touchy right foot as I would if I was drifting or rallying. Some corners would grip, others would slide. This turned out to be a very fun way of driving the car. it was most enjoyable to have that balance of the two ways of driving. The setup itself does indeed resemble British handling; very nimble. It also sticks to British ways by not being overpowered. I like how you only used the stage 1, and not the supercharger, which would take it up to 700+. With a noticeably smooth ride, and a high fun factor, I'll be driving this car for a long time.

MinoltaMan89 - Let's see... perhaps the Corvette SS if you're into American cars, Europa Super Special if you like hard cornering or the MR2 SC if you want to live on the edge. Pick the one you like. And I noticed the friend request... yep, I will. 👍
Funny thing is I've already reviewed the Lotus. And, BTW, I hate most American cars, even though I am American. Most of them are either slow or handle twice as bad as a 18-wheeler. I just put the review of the C740R up first. I'll put up the Europa test later.

Man, I havn't been here for quite a while. And still, the cars I requested from you aren't there Leo. Now surely you've managed to find some partners for the smaller ones Greycap? It's been at least 6 months since I got my last request from here. But still, nice to see that you are still going strong.

Man, I havn't been here for quite a while. And still, the cars I requested from you aren't there Leo. Now surely you've managed to find some partners for the smaller ones Greycap? It's been at least 6 months since I got my last request from here. But still, nice to see that you are still going strong.

Still not there? but I sent them ages ago! :odd: has your PM box been full or something? anyway, I don't have that PM left anymore, so please, send it once more. I'm totally puzzled by this.. :confused: I'll solve this issue asap.

expect a review on the Aston martin Vanquish soon. Maybe. I'm really busy with school and it's a pain in the 🤬. It gets very tiring.

Hello again MFT!

I'm sorry I haven't done reviews the last days :(.. But it's time to make a review again and bring this garage to live ;)..

Review of the Ford GT44 '05

592 bhp, 719 nm, 1276 kg

Alright.. These are the car's specs.. But that's not enough.. A test'll show if the tuning was worth it.. Let's go:

First of all, thank you for adding power to the car.. It has got 592 hp and that's enough for a Ford GT which weights 1276 kg.. 719 nm will help to get out of corners fast.. As always I tested the car at Grand Valley Speedway.. In the first lap I had problems with the braking.. No, the brakes are very good, but I braked too early :lol: Alright.. The braking distances were very short and because of that I could manage very good laptimes with this car.. The short braking distances were very good, because of the well balanced car, I guess.. But enough about the brakes.. Let's talk about the acceleration.. There isn't much to say about it.. The car accelerates very fast and is stable under hard acceleration.. I had some wheelspin in the first gear in the first two laps when accelerating hard, but I managed it with good throttle control ;).. The turn in of the car is nice, too: If you miss the apex, a little tap on the brakes is enough to change the direction immediately ( I don't want to make the car dirty by going into the grass/ sand :lol: ) .. Talking about the 719 nm: The car accelarates out of a corner very fast, but you could've problems if you accelerate fast our of a corner when having a tyre on the grass.. You've to be precise and you always have to look where you're driving or you'll end up spinning and crashing into the wall..

I think I've said everything about the car what could've been said.. And if not, feel free to ask me about things I haven't mentioned yet :dopey:..

Positive aspects:

- Acceleration
- Brakes
- Balance
- Stability
- Tyre wear

Negative aspects:

- The car isn't forgiving if you're a beginner..

Oh I haven't mentioned that I'm surprised how good the tyre wear of the car is.. When I saw the setup of the car for the first time, I was surprised that you put S3 tyres on it.. I thought that there won't be much grip.. But I was wrong.. The grip is just perfect for this car.. Firstly, the funny thing about this car is that you can drive it normally through the corners and if you want you can drift through the corners.. With some practise and drifting skills you're able to drift the car 👍.. And secondly, I liked the tyre wear very much.. I managed 15 laps at Grand Valley Speedway without changing the tyres.. Yes it's hard to control the car with weared out tyres, but I could do it :).. You just've to drive precisely and everything'll be alright..

Total laps on Grandy Valley Speedway: 122 Laps
Best lap time on Grand Valley Speedway: 1'49.885
Total kilometers: 2830,5 km

12/10

Well done, Greycap! Oh and sorry again I haven't reviewed your cars the last days..

Best wishes,

Last edited by a moderator:
12/10

Well done, Graycap!
First, with all respect, you're nuts. No way can that car be that good or then it's me who's nuts. And second, my name can't be that hard to spell. :P

But about the car, I'm surprised to see you liking it! Maybe I can't appreciate it enough myself but it always felt heavy, understeery, just an uninspiring piece of sh... err, steel all round. Then again my driving style favours handling over power so that may explain. It's a car that feels far slower than it is and that probably puts a lot of people - including myself - off. You said you had some trouble with the traction when in the first gear... but why use the first gear at all? It has plenty of power to pull out of every corner in the second. That's one of the goals I set for my cars, the first gear should only be needed during standing starts and the suspension has to handle every other corner at speeds high enough for the second.

This garage will return to life. As soon as I can get my own life in enough of an order to get something worthwhile done. Too much to do, too little time, and thanks to certain happenings too little interest at times. But we'll do it once again. 👍

This garage will return to life. As soon as I can get my own life in enough of an order to get something worthwhile done. Too much to do, too little time, and thanks to certain happenings too little interest at times. But we'll do it once again. 👍

Hope everything works out good for you Greycap, I know how it is when your life gets thrown into chaos by just having so much on your plate. But atleast you know your goals and where you're going with what you're doing offline so good luck with getting it all in order mate. 👍

Besides, you can't leave MFT in Leo's hands, you'll have to file for receivership when you come back. :P

First, with all respect, you're nuts. No way can that car be that good or then it's me who's nuts. And second, my name can't be that hard to spell. :P

But about the car, I'm surprised to see you liking it! Maybe I can't appreciate it enough myself but it always felt heavy, understeery, just an uninspiring piece of sh... err, steel all round. Then again my driving style favours handling over power so that may explain. It's a car that feels far slower than it is and that probably puts a lot of people - including myself - off. You said you had some trouble with the traction when in the first gear... but why use the first gear at all? It has plenty of power to pull out of every corner in the second. That's one of the goals I set for my cars, the first gear should only be needed during standing starts and the suspension has to handle every other corner at speeds high enough for the second.

:ouch: Sorry for spelling your name false, Greycap.. arrgh, that pisses me off now :indiff: .. Oh, come on everyone is a little bit nuts, but I'm not that nuts :(.. Have you got the impression I am? :odd: But well, I like the car.. It doesn't feel that fast, but I can beat cars with more power with it 👍 Oh and yes: I used the first gear during a standing start at the Test Course.. That's why I mentioned it.. For you maybe the car is a piece of sh.. eer, steel all round, but it's better than a stock Ford GT '05 💡.. I ask myself what d'you think about the stock one when you think about the tuned one that it's a piece of.. You know..

I'm sure we'll do it again 👍 Oh and yes: You are going to tune the cars from GT5 when it comes out, right?

Best wishes,

EDIT: Can someone post here? I've a review to be posted and I don't want to doublepost 💡

mafia_boy - Thanks, I hope so too. I've been through this before so it should be a matter of time. Leaving this in Leo's hands would be no problem... maybe some day I will. Or he'll leave it for me, who knows. There's no distinctive leader in MFT which is only good for these situations.

Have you got the impression I am? :odd:
Seeing that you gave that car such a grade, yes. :dopey: I would have given 8 judging it as a car but indeed, the improvement over the starting point may be more than that.

It's a difficult car to rate, actually... it's our third fastest car with no downforce and sports tyres so it should be one of the best out there but still it doesn't feel like it's a big player. Could be because it was made to fill a gap, not because it's one of the models I really wanted to tune. We needed a fast American car to accompany the Mustang Cobra and the GT happened to fit the requirements.

Tuning in GT5? Well, that's the plan. Nothing can be promised but we're aiming there.

No, Leo, I haven't forgot it ;).. You sound mad :nervous: .. I reviewed a car from Greycap yesterday and because of that I'll review one of your cars :)

Review of the Audi TT-S '03

431 bhp, 529 nm, 1261 kg

Well, these are the specs, but how's the car on the track? Let's see if this tune is excellent like the other ones ;)..

First of all, thank you for adding power to the car.. In my opinion, 431 bhp are enough to push a 1261 kg heavy car :dopey: And those 529 nm are excellent for this Audi :)..

I tested the car, as always, on Grand Valley Speedway.. I thought that there'll be wheelspin in first gear, but there wasn't.. The car is always stable, even when you're accelerating hard from the standing start.. The brakes are well done, too.. I could brake very late and the car was even then stable 👍 What I haven't mentioned in my reviews since now is the gearbox.. The gearbox is just perfect for this Audi.. The car accelerates fast and the top end speed is enough to compete with cars that have much more power :).. Also, I liked the tyre wear of the car.. The rear tyres wear out faster than the front ones, but that's what I like the tyre wear to be.. I could manage 17 ( :eek: ) laps on Grand Valley Speedway without changing the tyres.. Yes it was hard, but you're able to do it if you're a veteran :P I tried to drift the car with weared out tyres.. and.. it worked! It was funny to watch the replay :).. You now ask why the tyre wear was good? Well, I can answer this question: Because of the balance.. I mean the car is that well balanced that even if you brake too late and when you're going to miss the apex, you can tap the brakes and then only steer and you'll stay on the track :)..

Positive aspects:

- Acceleration
- Brakes
- Gearbox
- Balance
- Tyre wear

Negative aspects:

- None! :)

Total laps on Grand Valley Speedway: 68 Laps
Best lap time on Grand Valley Speedway: 1'51.777
Total kilometers: 1945,5 km

12/10

Well done, Leonidae, in my opinion, this was one of your best tunes 👍

Best wishes,

Thank you! and no, I wasn't mad, just wondering what happened to the review..

I really did my best with it (TT 3.2 Quattro) after noticing how promising the stock car was. I tried doing the same with the 1.8T-model, but it was.. disappointment. This car rotates really nicely, stops on the dime, and accelerates like bat out of hell, and has wide torque band which helps exiting the corners in a sporty manner. Thanks for the review, and I see that you have yet again fallen in trance while driving the car.. :lol:

hmm.. I think I shall give the next gen 3.2 TT quattro a run in GT5 :mischievous: STi might be untouchable, but Evolutions will meet their spiritual predecessor.

Thank you! and no, I wasn't mad, just wondering what happened to the review..

I really did my best with it (TT 3.2 Quattro) after noticing how promising the stock car was. I tried doing the same with the 1.8T-model, but it was.. disappointment. This car rotates really nicely, stops on the dime, and accelerates like bat out of hell, and has wide torque band which helps exiting the corners in a sporty manner. Thanks for the review, and I see that you have yet again fallen in trance while driving the car.. :lol:

hmm.. I think I shall give the next gen 3.2 TT quattro a run in GT5 :mischievous: STi might be untouchable, but Evolutions will meet their spiritual predecessor.

I have to thank you! You weren't mad? Good, I just thought..

I know you did the best with this car 👍 I feel it when driving ;) :dopey: Yes, you're right, the 1.8T-model isn't as good as the 3.2 Quattro..

:lol: Yes I've fallen in trance while driving this car as with every car from MFT 👍 💡..

Yay! Do that :) Give it a shot, it'd be excellent :sly: But I'd be happy if I was able to play GT4 :ouch: :indiff: :ill:..

See you and expect a further review tomorrow ;).. Or today? - Mhh, let's see what I can do 👍

Best wishes,

I know, things are moving slowly around here at the moment and our motivation isn't best possible. be patient, we will do our best to get back on our normal pace..:guilty:

Still really busy. I hate school and all it's Faculty. Expect a review on sunday when I get back from orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back