2nd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season Over!)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,414 comments
I had that race! Surely....I had fastest lap and had consistent 15.3s but no the steering wheel is useless at pit stops, the first one I lost 3 seconds because I pressed R1 and L1 before R2 and L2 because the 2s are over the 1s for some reason. :ouch: (I know gear paddles) But still so frustrated then at the very end with only 1 and a half laps to go I had the only mistake of anyone all race and lost out to Kakundoo.:(

Brilliant racing though, and by far the closet race of the championship. Pity Ardius couldn't have been a bigger part of it all. 👍

Edit: Fastest lap 1.14.8.. I think? And congratulations on the win LewyOs, well deserved and flawless. M Schmacer would be proud!

Good race, took pole ahead of gt4 by a couple of hundreths of a second.
Definately a close race and as you said gt4, you were unfortunate to make the 1 and only mistake of all the drivers with just a couple of laps to go.

On to Monaco.

I can't wait for Monaco. I'm not the best at it, but I am consistent, and that will be the key to a good result in this race. :D

Just about to send out the NTSC PMs, just a warning for everyone, I won't be updating the tables till Wednesday because I'm away from home tomorrow (important uni work ;))
I will try and make Monaco next week, always a chance of some points there :sly:

I used to hate Monaco, but after I did one race online (consistently), that it is pretty fun. You can never stop paying attention for a second otherwise you will do a really slow lap or just simply crash into the wall and with this race, there is no getting off lightly, any mistake can cost a lot of time and many points.
I just hope I have a similar race to the one in Catalunya, as I made no mistakes. If I can do that, then I think I have a chance at some good points, if others make some mistakes of course.

Monaco with COL-ON means DAMAGE ON!! Oh Boy!! That means no slidding along the railings or using the walls as a guide. This will cause damage. I know some drivers will have problems with damaging their cars - me included!!

Should be interesting :-)

Heavy rain at Monaco sounds like a challenge and a half! :D
But could you let us know soon what it will be, I would like to know so I can practice for it. Don't want to be leaving it until the last minute.

Heavy rain at Monaco sounds like a challenge and a half! :D
But could you let us know soon what it will be, I would like to know so I can practice for it. Don't want to be leaving it until the last minute.

:lol::lol: You cant practice for that, if your behind someone your best option is to follow the map on the screen! It was great last year, I'm so annoyed I'll be there. :(

Aw poop. I missed it! :grumpy::ouch::crazy:

Damn router is all messed up. I swear I've been through 3 friggin' routers in the past 3 years.

Sorry I missed the race guys. If I could've, I would've tried to give someone else a chance at my place.

Any recommendations, on a good wireless router (even though my PS3 is/was connected by ethernet cable).

Hope Chiboss1 kicked some butt, and hope all you NTSC guys had a good race.

Watch out for me at Monaco!👍

Well Chiboss1 did kick some but.

For me for once I had an uneventful race.After a 4th place start, up ahead I saw Chibos1 get wrecked in T1. I made it thru for once in first place I went,when I looked at the map 2nd was my team mate Lennon...mmm looking good.But it didnt take long for Chibos1 to catch me he was BY FAR faster than anyone else. So I was very content to ride around in 2nd spot the entire race. I didnt even see another car till after last pit stop RACECAR came out of pits pretty close in 3rd, he made up some time over the next 4 laps but he raced very clean and we both brought it home.

Catalunya - the race from hell :lol:

T1 brought a disaster by the sounds of it , I barely escaped , got a nudge in the rear and got spun sideways , was able to save it somehow and ran a solid 4th for the majority of the race.I had some good close racing with GTP_Suede53 and Mofongo273 at times.I was able to catch Zeroduck1 in the pits and moved up into 3rd with 5 to go.Mofongo was running hard , he caught my draft in the front straight , got around me , he broke for T1 and I did not judge his braking properly and plowed into him ( sorry dude - my bad ) waited for respawn , by then Zeroduck1 had passed by , Mofongo took off , I just did not recover , brought home a 6th spot.

I want to thank GTP_Suede53 for filling in at the last seconds notice for Docben , who was unable to attend , along with GTP_Lofasz who was not in attendance as well.

RESULTS :

1.) Chiboss
2.) GTP_DaddyVDubb ( nice run team mate 👍 )
3.) GTP_RACECAR
4.) Zeroduck1
5.) Mofongo273 ( sorry again Mofongo )
6.) GTP_JWLennon
7.) sumpington
8.) GTP_CAMIkaze
9.) GTP_Suede53 ( who had a very rough race )

Pole position was taken by : Chiboss with a time of 1:13.668
Fast lap was set by Chiboss with a time of 1:13.600

2nd week in a row : Chiboss gets a trifecta NICE , VERY NICE 👍

I haven't actually managed to get any practice in yet, but I should do tonight. Although I would like to know what weather we are having first.

It better be sunny! For the childrens sake. :crazy: :)

Nice race NTSC. I came out in 2nd after T1 behind Vdub. Stupid corner cut penalty in T2 L2 killed it for me. My tire was barley over the red and white kerbing. Then Suede warped on top of my car in one of the final corners, then mofongo was stopped in that same corner a few laps later. Then a magical zeroduck flashed across my screen and my front wing was gone? All 3 'collisions' were not valid, which pisses me off. I was running 1:16.1s too. which is a PB for me by over a full second. :ouch:

Catalunya - the race from hell :lol:
Mofongo was running hard , he caught my draft in the front straight , got around me , he broke for T1 and I did not judge his braking properly and plowed into him ( sorry dude - my bad ) waited for respawn , by then Zeroduck1 had passed by , Mofongo took off , I just did not recover , brought home a 6th spot.

I want to thank GTP_Suede53 for filling in at the last seconds notice for Docben , who was unable to attend , along with GTP_Lofasz who was not in attendance as well.

RESULTS :

5.) Mofongo273 ( sorry again Mofongo )

No problem Nicksfix :sly:. I must admit that I felt I could do better than 5th. at Catalunya, I was lapping in the low 1:15.xxx for 85% or the race, but 4 respawns put me really behind. It feels good to win the race, but when you manage to overtake other drivers feels just as good. I managed one of my best moves during last night race. I was really close behind a Toyota (or Aguri) and you for a couple of laps until (on the front straight) the Toyota slipstreamed you and pulled wheel to wheel with you. This move created a two cars width toe for me and soon I was your gearbox. The Toyota was a bit faster than you and started to pull away so I moved behind him to get the toe from him, I was on his gearbox when he pulled to the left in front of you. His move lunched me pass him. The problem was that I was going really fast and had little real state left for braking. I put two wheels on the grass so the Toyota and you pass me again after T1. But soon I was on the hunt again.

LOOOOOOOOL sorry sumpington if i got your wing you must not have been going forward or i surely wouldn't have hit your front wing (you were sideways) i never try to hit anyone and if i do it will never be on purpose i try as hard as i can to go as fast as i can but i also try just as hard to not make contact with anyone if you have penalties or crashes your not going to have a chance to win yes im going to run you very very hard and make you run harder than you might want but im not going to crash you on purpose

“If everything seems under control, your just not going fast enough.”
-Mario Andretti

Ack, I'm a little bit wasted from my "uni work" right now so tables will be updated later today if I get around to it.
As for weather in Monaco, its going to be another dry one, rain is fun but Monaco is hard enough already for many people.

Few, I must say, I am a little relieved. But even though it will be dry, my main rival still remains to be the dreaded Tyre Puncture. It always manages to get me during Monaco, and not just once either. :(

^Indeed, those armco's don't do much good to your tyres, eh?

NTSC Drivers: Chiboss has officially left the championship and his seat is open to Z or Suede to take up.

Ack, I'm a little bit wasted from my "uni work" right now so tables will be updated later today if I get around to it.
As for weather in Monaco, its going to be another dry one, rain is fun but Monaco is hard enough already for many people.

Pfft. One of the degrees I'm looking at actually contains an Alcoholic beverages unit!

Looking forward to this one guys, I can't for definite put my place down, but I should be there. Obviously assignments come first.

Pfft. One of the degrees I'm looking at actually contains an Alcoholic beverages unit!

What are you implying? :sly: Heh, my degree course is awesome enough without the need for alcohol...but then who am I to say no?

We do alcoholic beverages next year, back to back years of a unit dedicated to alcohol could be quite fun! ;) We can do wine tasting next year, too.

What degree are you doing? I've been looking at Salford Uni, which Manc uni are you at?

No problem Nicksfix :sly:. I must admit that I felt I could do better than 5th. at Catalunya, I was lapping in the low 1:15.xxx for 85% or the race, but 4 respawns put me really behind. It feels good to win the race, but when you manage to overtake other drivers feels just as good. I managed one of my best moves during last night race. I was really close behind a Toyota (or Aguri) and you for a couple of laps until (on the front straight) the Toyota slipstreamed you and pulled wheel to wheel with you. This move created a two cars width toe for me and soon I was your gearbox. The Toyota was a bit faster than you and started to pull away so I moved behind him to get the toe from him, I was on his gearbox when he pulled to the left in front of you. His move lunched me pass him. The problem was that I was going really fast and had little real state left for braking. I put two wheels on the grass so the Toyota and you pass me again after T1. But soon I was on the hunt again.

I'm always in the Toyota. It's my goto for my career mode (3rd season with it). I knew you were running faster, so I am glad that plan fleshed out. 👍. I was keeping up to, until I had a spin. It was making me push a little beyond my skill to keep up. :dopey:

LOOOOOOOOL sorry sumpington if i got your wing you must not have been going forward or i surely wouldn't have hit your front wing (you were sideways) i never try to hit anyone and if i do it will never be on purpose i try as hard as i can to go as fast as i can but i also try just as hard to not make contact with anyone if you have penalties or crashes your not going to have a chance to win yes im going to run you very very hard and make you run harder than you might want but im not going to crash you on purpose

No worries man, this game is honestly so shty online that I have my fingers crossed that codemasters get's the new on right. You weren't even on my screen, I was going straight, your car flashed in front of me, my wing disappeared, and that was it.

I was behind Kami and Suede for a bit and it was lagging so bad that it was rendering them off track for nearly a whole lap.

We do alcoholic beverages next year, back to back years of a unit dedicated to alcohol could be quite fun! ;) We can do wine tasting next year, too.

What degree are you doing? I've been looking at Salford Uni, which Manc uni are you at?

Computer Games Technology, yeah I know, sounds like fun, no work etc. Its not....well...not completely, lol. And I'm at Manchester Metropolitan.

NTSC Drivers: Z officially takes Chiboss' seat as of today. 👍

Back