Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Gr. A '89 Review:

This is one of the best rally cars i've ever driven.It can slide real easy without spining out or losing alot of speed.The downslide is it drifts just a little (barly) to easly and if you go around a tight coner it seems like it might spin out.I recommend(but im new to tuning to please correct me if this is wrong) giving it some more rear LSD in accel. Other then that, this is a great car.
8/10

Pictures
2j0cf2v.jpg

33u4ly9.jpg

Last edited:

This is one of the best rally cars i've ever driven.It can slide so well in dirt/snow and lose little speed.It can go though corner so fast I beat a rally car with it.

10/10

I tried this one and the one they put out at the same time, both are excellent, though I don't think I drove either enough to review it.

Also, Toast, as this seems to be your first MFT review, I'd suggest you scale it back to around the 8.5-9.0 mark. If you think this is the best they can do you're in for a bloody steep learning curve.

Try Raiden and R34per before you start throwing tens around; they're sorta close to starter cars but will give you an example of what these mad bloody vikings are capable of. Can't find the link for Raiden, surely someone will post it.

The Pitwork Z/Woodone setups are really exceptional as well.

EDIT: Second pic is awesome, nice work

SVX
NISMO 550

Loved it I thought I it was very good a little bit of understeer and in the bumpy parts it was a little twitchy. at the end I thought it was:drool: and :) and my test track was trail mountain.
It's a bit understeery indeed, the weight takes its toll. The twitchiness is probably caused by the racing slicks biting hard while the weight transfer occurs, there isn't the slight sliding that would smooth the movement out.

:tup:hey greycap, brilliant work on your cars, i really enjoyed them, one of the best setings i have found so far for the proto motors car....
the car turns very nicely, and has good power to pull it out of the corners, i posted a 8'30 time on the Nurb, which is my personal best....
could you do me a 70' dodge Charger 440 R/T i like the handling to be neutral by the way...
Thanks, but in all seriousness, 8'30? :odd: Did you actually drive the car as it was listed and not as full stock? While I have to admit that I haven't tested it on the Nordschleife, comparing its GVS time to a couple of other cars I have tried it should be quite easily capable of breaking 6'30 on a clean lap.

This is one of the best rally cars i've ever driven.It can slide so well in dirt/snow and lose little speed.It can go though corner so fast I beat a rally car with it.

10/10
This may sound odd being said by me but as PF said, the Galant certainly isn't a car than deserves anything more than eight out of ten. Sure, it's good but no way that it is that good.

As a bit of a disappointment for all you guys, and especially amartya, I have to be the dictator here and come to a conclusion that I can't promise tunes for those reviews. You ask, why. Well, because a review is more than two or three sentences - it has some actual feedback in it. I don't care how highly you rate the car, I care about how much you tell me about its handling because that's what really tells me how I succeeded with the car.

For everyone wondering if MFT is dead and buried as there has been nothing new for ages, no it's not. It's on a break thanks mainly to lack of time and partly to lack of motivation. We'll be back.

Sorry.Ill make my review longer.
EDIT:updated my review with a problem I had with it.Hope its long enough.

Last edited:
i amn't a very good driver, and yeah 8.30 is the best i did, but i have done another lap which was 8.18, with the same car after a bit twidling

It's a bit understeery indeed, the weight takes its toll. The twitchiness is probably caused by the racing slicks biting hard while the weight transfer occurs, there isn't the slight sliding that would smooth the movement out.

Think so, too.. The car's weight kills the balance and if the balance isn't good enough you'll end up with under- or oversteer, understeer in this case..

Thanks, but in all seriousness, 8'30? :odd: Did you actually drive the car as it was listed and not as full stock? While I have to admit that I haven't tested it on the Nordschleife, comparing its GVS time to a couple of other cars I have tried it should be quite easily capable of breaking 6'30 on a clean lap.

I did 6'23 in this car.. Thanks to the upgrades and the setup :sly:.. But the understeer kills the balance, as I already said and that's the point where this car looses time.. But I'm quite impressed I was able to break into 6'xx with this car.. ;) ..

This may sound odd being said by me but as PF said, the Galant certainly isn't a car than deserves anything more than eight out of ten. Sure, it's good but no way that it is that good.

This is my opinion, too.. You should test more cars and compare one with another and then make a "rang list" which car is the best ;)..

As a bit of a disappointment for all you guys, and especially amartya, I have to be the dictator here and come to a conclusion that I can't promise tunes for those reviews. You ask, why. Well, because a review is more than two or three sentences - it has some actual feedback in it. I don't care how highly you rate the car, I care about how much you tell me about its handling because that's what really tells me how I succeeded with the car.

👍 excatly.. You should tell MFT the main facts (positive and negative) and describe them deeply..

For everyone wondering if MFT is dead and buried as there has been nothing new for ages, no it's not. It's on a break thanks mainly to lack of time and partly to lack of motivation. We'll be back.

Well.. I hope the garage will be back again soon ;).. Because I've got some reviews together to post.. But I don't think it's worth it posting a review while noone is here :indiff:..

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S600

606 bhp, 812 Nm, 1674 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 6.5
Ride Height: 115 / 115
Bound: 10 / 6
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 1.3 / 1.0
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 1 / 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 1 / 1

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.641
2nd: 1.768
3rd: 1.325
4th: 1.060
5th: 0.890
6th: 0.742
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 16

LSD
Initial: 45
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Brawny, Brutal and British is the theme of this pair, and this car offers BBB-treatment like no other car could. Despite weighing as much as a blue whale, this car is no slouch. 606 Horses and 812nm of torque guarantee that you will travel at warp speeds faster than you can read the name of the car. You will also be popular in burnout competitions since the traction control is an optional extra, and power goes only to rear wheels which is the way things should always be. And when you hear the glorious bellow of the twin-supercharged 5.3l V8, you know that you are the king of the tarmac jungle.

Wow, looks great. I have a few copies of this in a particularly evil-looking black so will certainly make this one up. Oh wait, I geddit, you shopped in the green, right? As in British Racing Green?

I'll be keen to compare this to the ETZ version, even though they're tuned for quite diffferent purposes. Was this done for testing laps at GVS and the 'ring?

nope, this is genuine BRG AM V8 Vantage :D. I didn't test the car on the ring, but if you're brave enough, go ahead. I'll bring flowers to your grave.. since the traction is questionable unless you have racing drivers feet..

AAh, hence the stiffness (IIRC) of the ETZ tune, it being built for the 'ring. Your car is certainly added to the to-do list (once I get the TCv4 albatross from around my neck).

heavy car and stiff suspension isn't necessarily a good choice, but each to their own, I guess. now, excuse me, I have to get my high octane morning coffee. Let's see, which spoon hasn't melted from the previous cup of coffee..

heavy car and stiff suspension isn't necessarily a good choice, but each to their own, I guess. now, excuse me, I have to get my high octane morning coffee. Let's see, which spoon hasn't melted from the previous cup of coffee..

The ETZ tune was a 200-pointer for the extreme hall, hence (I imagine) the springs to balance out the weight needed for 200 in addition to the bumpy conditions at the ring.

The heavier a car is, the stiffer it MUST be to control said weight...

@RJ: Oops, rereading that, we should wait til he finishes (no pun intended) his coffee before having a go.

stiff suspension in heavy car will most likely result as overloading the tyres. well, at least IRL it would. :D

The heavier a car is, the stiffer it MUST be to control said weight...
It depends. Isn't the new Corvette ZR1 actually equipped with softer springs than the Z06 despite being heavier? Soft suspension works well as long as the road doesn't require extremely fast movements to keep the wheels planted and can be even better in allowing the weight move around, the inertia forces of the body hitting the tyres through soft springs give a smoother handling than the same forces going through rock solid springs. The tyres can only take so much punishment in cornering at a particular lateral acceleration and sudden changes in their loading is likely to cause loss of grip while slower changes allow the driver to react in time.

Opel Speedster OPC... The Review

I've been testing some MFT cars for some time now and have come to the conclusion that they are mostly quite good. However, one car stuck ou to me and that was theOpel Speedster OPC '00 that you produced. To review the car the way I normally would could cause a meltdown due to the sheer amount of superlatives used so I will adopt a more common format.
Speed 7/10
Not bad, don't get me wrong. But the slate you had to work with isn't the most desirable and all things considered... Slow? But what you have done to the gearbox gave the Speedster good acceleration in 1st and 2nd, something Opel never quite achieved.
Handling 8.5/10
Very steady handling, but as always in cars like this, suffering from some flaws. With the S tyres I found it very oversteery while cold, although this was easily countered by throttle management and care. As the tyres heated up though, I found that despite the suspension work the car had quite a tendency to understeer. Very good work however,
better than what I could do, but may need some developement.
Stability 5/10
Don't worry not an insult. But it is an Opel Speedster with power upgrades. Enough said.
Overall 9/10
9/10? How could I come to such a conclusion when the highest individual score was 8.5/10? THE CAR WORKS! The individual features may be undesirable but the closest thing I can think of is... can't really think of anything, but imagine a group of average features that comibne just right to make something glorious. An example to us aussies could be Lano and Woodley. On their own, the pair are not the best comedians in a town with a population higher than eight. But as a duo, they are famous for being great comedians. Enough said.
Great Car Greycap!

And let's counter that...

The speed? Correct, by no means the fastest thing on Earth, that amount of power simply won't make a rocket out of a road car. On the other hand it's barely a second off the pace of a Saleen with almost 600 bhp so it's not quite a snail either. It could use more power though.

The handling? Yep, I couldn't get it to be consistent no matter what. Taking out the understeer was pretty much impossible and if I took out the oversteer I got more understeer so... well, got to have one to keep the other under control.

And the overall then, I guess I got it remotely right after all. It turned out actually better than I expected, as many others I had less than fond memories of the car from the days I had to do the Speedster cup. Thanks for the review, I have a feeling you've heard the rules. 👍

Yeah, any of the things that you did with that template is better thatn what I could do at this time... Oh well. If it is worthy of a request, I'll think of something.

Jaguar XK-ER '61

463 bhp, 565 Nm, 1072 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Semi-racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.5 / 4.5
Ride Height: 135 / 145
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 1.5 / 1.5
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.425
2nd: 1.546
3rd: 1.141
4th: 0.900
5th: 0.748
Final Gear: 3.300

Autoset 20

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

One of the most common things that comes to mind when someone says "British sports car", the Jaguar E-Type is undoubtedly one of the true legends of automotive history. This time the aim was set to see if it could live up to the success of its precedessor, the D-Type, on the track.

First, the name has to be explained. The "ER" can mean two things... either the usual "E Racing" or, more likely, you'll end up in the Emergency Room after driving it. This car is a real beast even for a veteran driver with its huge power combined to ridiculously skinny tyres and a suspension structure that had its heyday - and that heyday isn't welcome back for a reason. In short it's an exceptionally primitive track weapon but that's partly where the fun lies. Give it too much throttle and you'll burn the tyres. Drop a rear wheel off the tarmac in cornering and you'll be going round and around and the carousel goes on... and push it too hard into a corner and say hello to the armco. But. There's one big "but" and it can be seen when you get it all right. By then all the vices are forgotten.

Reviews:

by LancerEvo7GSR

Last edited:
Hi, Leo and Greycap! This is my first post on GTP. I have reviewed some of your cars, and I'll post my reviews later. I am playing GT5P more than GT4 now, but I might have time to try another car or two. Anyway, I'll talk to ya later.

MinoltaMan89

P.S. Sorry for the short post, I just couldn't think of anything to say.

you, sir, have too much time in your hands :lol: why don't you test my car and see if it follows your reasoning at all?

I'll certainly put her on the 'list', Leo. I'm always looking at ways of making cars handle which the game engine shows in a bad light (especially British ones :D). Having a look at how others approach the task is often very illuminating.

I'm currently tied up working on a Corvette Stingray, however, that I first have to wear down the HP on. Given that these days I sadly have far too little GT time on my hands it might take me a while :(.

Shoot me for it, but B-spec on test course with max power and a regear? (Or rather max save for balancing and porting)

Yes I did... but there wasn't much to reply to so I went on waiting for the "later" part. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back