2nd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season Over!)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,414 comments
Good race, qual forth in regards to the crash at the start from my screen i was just following whover qual seconds line in front of me and got spun from my right rear going into turn one however due to the lag i do not know how it was seen from lewyOs perspective, was catching back up with no pen's when appie span infront of me at turn 2 after i came out of my first stop haha could not avoid hitting him, thats racing! congrats shaggy

Last edited:
Okay, I'm doing good to run 1:19's what am I doing wrong? Occasionally I have trouble with turn 3 and sometimes run wide through turn 9. Other than that I get airborne going through the chicane before the start/finish.

Fun to be back. Went well, had some good scraps with appie. Up until first pit I was losing .5-1s per lap due to me hitting someone off start whilst giggling at the underneath of lewyos' car. Then damaged rear in a scrap with appie at hairpin. Qualy was poor, that was effectively my practice. Appie just had too much for me. Only two spins, at both hairpins on same lap.

Best lap: 1'19.356

Good race, got 3rd on the grid from qualy, however at the start tom d came to close alongside and crashed into me, almost flipped my car, that would have been a first.

That and 2 penaltys meant I finished 4th.

Haha yes, I briefly checked my rearview at the start and I saw a car giving it some air and loads of debris, coincidentally it looked a bit like your avatar.

Good race, my qualifying was excellent, managed 3 good laps which I improved by a tenth with each successive run. Got off to a good start though Kingmart1n wasn't far behind, I took my normal line and braking point and thankfully there was no smash. Once I pulled away from Kingmart1n it was just about getting to the finish in one piece and ensuring I got fastest lap WHICH KAKUNDOO SOMEHOW STOLE FROM ME! ahem. Generally my pace was very good though and the race was stress free, my happiest race so far.

The duel of the race was definitely Kakundoo vs Kingmart1n, those two dots on the radar looked like the mastercard symbol the whole time.

Indeed I made no serious mistakes, no spins or time penalties but I crashed into magburner coming out of Estoril corner after he spun and rear ended his car onto the middle of the track. It couldn't be helped though, so I don't blame him so don't worry mate 👍

So all and all very good, though had I known Kakundoo had that pace I would have pushed even harder on my outlaps from the pits to make sure i'd got fastest lap. Disappointingly I only gain a single point on him. I think this proves it's destiny that Kakundoo will finish above me in the standings :indiff:

A good race for me picking up 3rd again. I got a clean start but i knew catching shaggy was a long shot. I was holding 2nd for a while keeping kakundoo behind me then i got a nudge from him around lap 6 (he let me back past). I kept him behind me for another 5laps then i went wide in the 2nd 2 last corner and he had me. Then as i left the pit lane just behind him i made a mistake and knew i would have 2 settle for 3rd.

To be honest Shaggy, I had no idea I had that kind of pace lmao!
My best time online on an outlap had been 1:17.984 I believe. But tonight I knew that damage limitation was key and I needed to do just this one perfect lap to make sure you didn't gain the whole 2 points! :D
I hope I can finish in front of you Shaggy, it would be nice to be crowned the F1:CE Champion, but I think we have to worry more about Fishfash's return and he will now be the guy to beat! :nervous:

Ardius, I know this is a bit early, but what will the next race's weather be?

Has to be dry, surely. Oh yeah, I might try Hockenheim with my G25 wheel. I discovered that I'm a lot quicker at Monza with it, I'm not sure if this will apply to all tracks though.

I have a room set up for one final practice session for tonight's race for the NTSC Drivers.
Channel: R130
Game: GTP FRA GP FinalPr
Password: Nevers

Ok, that was a lot of fun. I qualified 4th, but pulled over off to the side and let everyone by. I'm not confident enough to run in that lead pack in the wet. I fought with raddhammer, and vdubb the majority of the race. At one point I nailed vdubb in the rear, causing me to have a bum front wing and him to crash. I pulled over let him have it back and passed him after he spun later in the race giving me 6th. Raddhammer what happened to you in the pits? I felt like I gained so much on you there?

Again, i want to say thanks for letting me play in the sandbox.

Congrats to fastduck.

I totally s.u.c.k. at pit stops... Apologizes to DaddyVdub (twice) and 13dog for wrecking you guys at anytime... it was a wild race... man I was running good too! :D Oh well.. I'll take what I got and head to Hockenheim (more like Neutered Ring). --- Randy

Results from tonights race:

1. ZERODUCK1 - 10 pts
2. GTP_RACECAR - 8 pts
3. MoFongo273 - 6 pts
4. HEMiata - 5 pts
5. FormulaNone - 5 pts
6. thirteendog - 3 pts
7. GTP_DaddyVDUB - 2 pts
8. GTP_RanhammerR34 - 1 pts
9. GTP_CAMIkaze -0

Pole: FormulaNone
Fastest lap: FormulaNone

Congrats to duck, the points just got tighter as I predicted and if my math is right, I should actually hang on to the lead in points. Points racing pays off after all.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Web Footed Wonder as he showed us dry landers how to play in the rain :D I got kicked out during Q3 so after reentering and missing the Q I started shotgun on the field. Punted Thirteendog on first lap and waited for him to resume. I only spun once which is better than I did all of practice. I had a fast lap of 1:17.436 which is also my fastest lap in the rain. My crew let me down on the last stop as they were stumbling over themselves and slipping in the rain on the way to a 11 second stop :lol: Finished P4. I don't think I caused anybody else problems. It was fun!!

And now here is the pic of the results:
attachment.php

Clearly my Kodak easyshare fails in comparison to Lennon's camera, but its better then nothing.

Attachments

• 100_1550.jpg
    100_1550.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 89
Well that was an interesting race. I started last again to avoid turn 1 crash at start, it worked again just had to weave through car's and car parts. I was cruzing along pretty good till i caught CAMIakazi and got a penalty trying to miss him when he messed up, over came that only to get another penalty on same lap looooooll thats when i thought i was done, but i kept charging and caught RACECAR and followed him for a couple of laps looooooool we traded penalties then i decided to follow him and try to get him at a later point, but i got too good of a draft and thought i was gonna hit him, so i turned hard left and spun off in grass backwards, when i got going i saw him sitting at the exit of the corner, i thought he let me go cause i was putting alot of pressure on him but he said after race that we made contact, if we did i didnt know it i didnt have any damage and i would have stopped if i had known that we had made contact. But like i said i didnt know, i was to busy trying not to hit the wall when i was spinning. When i got past him i set out after Z , i was catching him but didnt think i was gonna catch him because he usually doesn't make any mistakes but then i saw him crash and once i got by i put it on safe mode and tryed to not make any more mistakes, and was doing a good job untill i looked at map and saw i was catching 3 cars and thought this is gonna be tricky but i guess they decided to have a meeting of tha minds cause i came around the corner and all 3 had crashed right before start/finnish and there were cars and car parts everywhere, almost had to come to a complete stop to get through, but i made it ok, once i got passed that it was up to me to not make anymore mistakes and i didn't. But overall had a good race

Well, I was coming into tonight's race ready to do well after what I thought was a good final practice session. After a few seconds of race action, I was sideswiped into a corner of a pad that jutted out of the wall and lost my entire nosepiece and right rear tire. Things went pretty much downhill from there when I had to take the castrated(?) Toro Rosso car around the entire circuit just to get it into the pits(about 3'35). And even there I had a pitstop that pretty much went as bad as the start of the race that I had.:guilty:

Sorry if I was getting in the way of anyone during the race, but I was totally out of it after that wreck.:(

Good race for the first stint. After I messed up my first stop, I lost all focus and started getting penalties and had a few accidents being stupid on the curbing. Was good driving by all that I came across and a fun race overall. Here's hoping next week will go better, although Hockenheim's turn 8 hates me.

Here's an onboard lap around Hockenheim, courtesy of Nick Heinfeld:

Last edited:
When I cut a corner and get a penalty am I semi/invisible? In other words, last night when I had a penalty I moved over out of the racing line assuming that if I didn't I would slow the drivers behind me down.

Also what kind of laptime am I shooting for at the GGP? Currently I'm averaging High 1:17's to low 1:18's fastest being a 1:16 (outlap).

I noticed when I started the race I get a prompt with the tracks fastest lap of 55 seconds. Is this real?

Your car is invisible, but you should still move over as the initial reaction of any of us would be: "Ah, car on the racing line that is going slowly."

Results from tonights race:

5. FormulaNone - 6 pts

Math error: 5th position (4 points) + fast lap (1 point) = 5 points (unless you get an extra point for pole position).

RACECAR: I trust you at 200+ MPH, but I wouldn't let you count my money :)

Last edited:
Math error: 5th position (4 points) + fast lap (1 point) = 5 points (unless you an extra point for pole position).

RACECAR: I trust you at 200+ MPH, but I wouldn't let you count my money :)

lol, Rare mistake there. I'll correct that.

And I just relised, We had two rainy races so far and it would appear me and Duck are now 1-1 on the wet races. We even finished the opposite of how we finished in austrailia. This'll be interesting.

Last edited:
Last night was a little crazy for me, hadn't expected to be able to make it, but I did, with no practice. Turned up in time to have a minute of practice in qualifying, but unable to record a time, started last on the grid behind Sureshot.
As the race started, I let Sureshot pull away a bit and generally took the first corner super slow as I expected pandemonium, and thats what happened. Even though I was driving so slowly, I still didn't manage to avoid the pile-up, with a Toyota spinning in front of me and breaking my front left wheel off, in the slowest fashion ever.
Anyway, for the rest of the race I just drove as carefully as possible, kept ahead of the AI and attempted to catch magburner and Sureshot just ahead of me. Made oodles of mistakes but in the end managed to catch magburner in the closing laps after he had a few crashes. I was so relieved to at least hold onto that last points position!

I don't think I took anyone out that race either which I'm fairly pleased with considering the conditions and how little practice I'd had. I'll have to start practicing again for these races just in case I do manage to get there in time for them.

Ardius, I know this is a bit early, but what will the next race's weather be?

Dry, I want to be annoying again but I feel like being nice this week :P

When I cut a corner and get a penalty am I semi/invisible? In other words, last night when I had a penalty I moved over out of the racing line assuming that if I didn't I would slow the drivers behind me down.

Also what kind of laptime am I shooting for at the GGP? Currently I'm averaging High 1:17's to low 1:18's fastest being a 1:16 (outlap).

I noticed when I started the race I get a prompt with the tracks fastest lap of 55 seconds. Is this real?

Yeah, if you get a penalty, you are "ghosted" like the AI and people can drive through you. However, I think most drivers would appreciate it if you did move off the racing line just because its just a little less stuff to think about as you enter a corner, having to decide whether to try and avoid your car may cause someone to go off or at least distract. You could also cause a collision if you suddenly un-ghosted in front of someone else.

As for the laptimes - people managed those when the online mode was glitched I believe and people could cheat and achieve impossible times. Something to do with penalties not working or something? I wasn't around on this game when it was happening so I don't know the details.

Last edited:
I'm glad about the weather, I don't really like Hockenheim, the track is just too thin.
But anyway, I will try to do my best.
Btw, what team did you one point go to Ardius? lol.

Lotus, seeing as they desperately need points and as a consolation for magburner :sly:
The thinner parts of the Hockenheim are my favourite bit! Very fun section to drive around the last few corners, its a pity we can't use the old track.

Back