Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Dodge Viper ACR GT lokks great! Will post a review soon. I am now looking forward to Leo's car even more! Keep up the inspirational work MFT!

Happy Hunting!

AMMT

I promise I will give a review of the Dodge Viper ACR GT '00 tomorrow or in two days. 👍
Seems like an interesting car to me at least. And I can see you are lacking feedback around here. On my little experience regarding feeback, I can say than lacking it is one of the worse thing it can happen :( You just lose the will to continue tuning or writing in my case. So, as I said, be sure I will give a review to this car. Perhaps an older car, if you want to, too.

Oh, and by the way, Greycap... Sorry I couldn't tell you before, but great job on my little request ;) The car was perfect. No need to adjust anything else 👍

S-Line Audi Fan - Of course! I thought you knew the system so I left it out.

Codename L - Well, it's only natural that the amount of feedback goes down with the amount of active GT4 players. Another problem with the feedback is that it concentrates on certain cars and many hidden gems go unnoticed. About the request, good to hear! It was a bit tricky to get right thanks to the compromises needed but it seems I got it right after all.

S-Line Audi Fan - Of course! I thought you knew the system so I left it out.

Well, I knew about it, but I wasn't sure if I was able to request a car.. Maybe you're busy with more important things.. I'll send you a PM anyways 👍

Finally, I'm back with the review of the Europa. I'll be comparing it to the Elan of Leo. This could get interesting. So, on with the battle of the Lotuses!

First, the Elan weighs less than the Europa, but the bigger car has more power. In terms of acceleration, they're about the same. Of course, they're not Minoltas or R92CP's, but it'd be fun to pull up next to a guy in Mustang GT and smoke him. (I tried that with a bike-not a motorcycle-many years ago. The results were quite predictable. I was a little confident since I'd beat a guy in a Chevy truck before.)

The Elan is like a kart to chuck around corners. It is truthfully the most fun car I've driven on GT4. You've done a masterful job of keeping the fun factor high while making it faster around a track. Sounds fantastic too. Closest thing to a Lotus 7(besides the Caterham Fireblade) in the game.

The Europa is more mature and feels more like a car (which it is-duh).
It's harder to kick the tail out and feels more like a hardcore racer than a car set up for fun. It's a true Lotus nonetheless, and a true Elise-killer.

I gotta say, I think I like the Elan better, but they both represent MFT wonderfully.

Elan-9.5/10
Europa-9/10

Off topic: I heard that Finland is going to make a supercar. We know you Finns can drive, but can you make a car?:sly:

Also, does it really take you guys three years to take your driving test?
I heard it on TG you have to learn to drift (I'd love to see Grey sliding his 240!!!). I should move to Finland and take my test there. You could practically get a racing license with that kind of practice.

I can't think of anything else with a V10 besides an M5, which you've already done. No Lambo Gallardo, no Audi S8, what else? Also, is the ACR Viper your long-awaited supercar?

Last edited:
The Europa is more mature and feels more like a car (which it is-duh).
It's harder to kick the tail out and feels more like a hardcore racer than a car set up for fun. It's a true Lotus nonetheless, and a true Elise-killer.

Europa-9/10
Yep, it's a very true Lotus in being quite a direct descendant of the Lotus 49 F1 car in terms of driving feel. Even more so when fitted with sports tyres and the tail begins stepping out as the downforce can't take the G forces anymore... time for some really fast wheel movements.

Off topic: I heard that Finland is going to make a supercar. We know you Finns can drive, but can you make a car? :sly:
Seeing that Porsches have been made here for years I think it's pretty safe to say that yes we can. :dopey:

Also, does it really take you guys three years to take your driving test?
Bull:censored: - the minimum is three months. I spent seven months doing it with no hurry whatsoever with a learner's permission instead of a driving school. As a result I drove probably five times more than the ones in the schools and could actually drive after that, not just hang on the wheel scared to death.

I heard it on TG you have to learn to drift (I'd love to see Grey sliding his 240!!!).
More of the same stuff. We have to take a lesson of driving on a slippery surface but that's it. You can't even fail that lesson. And yes, the brick wants to have some fun in the snow even when the driver doesn't. Fortunately it handles very predictably.

I should move to Finland and retake my test. You could practically get a racing license with that kind of practice.
Perhaps not a racing licence but at least skills to drive in whatever weather there may be. My own "final lesson" was driving a hundred miles of highway at night through a hail of sleet. Something you certainly won't see in California, for example.

I can't think of anything else with a V10 besides an M5, which you've already done. No Lambo Gallardo, no Audi S8, what else? Also, is the ACR Viper your long-awaited supercar?
I don't know of any long awaited for supercar (probably forgetting something here) but there are a couple more V10's out there. And I have a feeling that our craziest car hasn't been seen yet. :scared:

Now I hate to be rather dumb here, but is this Viper's game name the DODGE Viper GTSR Concept '00? (Just so I don't get the wrong car, tune it and decide it's rubbish!)

Also, what about that friend request I sent you?

:lol: Take a hint!:lol: Just kidding mate, just kidding, I couldn't resist.:sly:

I believe Grey when he says that their craziest car hasn't come yet, there are a few crazier things they could do yet.:)

Video please? I'd love to see that. :)
No, unless I can find an ice course to do some proper driving on. This far the sideways time has been limited to empty parking lots and such, not too impressive.

Also, what about that friend request I sent you?
If you mean the one sent several months ago it got promptly rejected... I had no idea about who you were by that time and I don't want total strangers on the list.

Audi RS5+'09

952 bhp, 971 Nm, 1317 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 12.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 66 / 66
Bound: 10 / 10
Rebound: 3 / 10
Camber: 1.5 / 2.5
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 3 / 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 1 / 1

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.661
2nd: 2.337
3rd: 1.653
4th: 1.278
5th: 1.027
6th: 0.851
Final Gear: 3.197

Autoset 20

LSD
Initial: 20/40
Acceleration: 40/20
Deceleration: 30/60

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 50/50

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Last edited:
I had no idea the Audi Concept Car had a V10. And Leo, FYI, the real Audi RS5 is supposed to have a twin turbo V8, but I guess the "+" explains the V10.

Last edited:
yeah, I'm aware of that.. but due the current economy situation, it is possible that the engines will be downsized even more. The next S-cars will probably have FI inline-4s..

Umm.. I wanted to request this car today.. But there's no need, I'll review it then ;) 👍

EDIT: There's a little mistake, Leo -> "Ingolstad", but Ingolstadt would be right ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, sorry about that. I knew that it was wither stad or stadt but obviously I managed to pick the wrong one. :dunce: fixed..

ah, sorry about that. I knew that it was wither stad or stadt but obviously I managed to pick the wrong one. :dunce: fixed..

Doesn't matter 👍 But, I've found something out about the Audi RS5+ '09.. There's no Racing Intercooler, no Port Polishing, no Engine Balancing and no Racing Chip available for this car.. Just buy the turbo and the car'll get its 952 bhp.. Hmm..

EDIT: "wither" -> either.. What's wrong, Leo? :scared: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
A typo happens to everyone. We humans are not perfect, but a robot like Leonidae must have a missing circuit or something.

I'll be honest with you guys. this car was such a :censored:ng pain in my :censored:ng 🤬 that I just wanted to get it out of my mind and hands before my poor old PS2 would have a short and terrifying pleasure to meet :censored:ng mad Leo who is wielding a :censored:ng huge axe. That's why there are typos and errors and whatnot. :grumpy: I'll fix them now. :ouch:

yeah, it's pretty good now if you know how to drive it. you should know that atleast one already retired DS2 controller lost it's life while I was trying to curb my "frustrations" caused by this.. car.:grumpy: I certainly hope that you appreciate it.

edit: if you wonder what happened to the intro, don't wonder any longer. my firefox suffers from severe memory leaks which caused the loss of intro.. and depleted my frost reserve. Mozilla will be hearing from this. :ouch:

Last edited:
Now that I take a good look at it, there are a few mistakes! Oh, and, guys... I owe you some sort of apologize, since I promised a review of the Viper a few days ago, but I still haven't got time to get the car, and tune it. I'm just lazy, you know. But on Saturday, I will get it and everything 👍 Expect one of my rare yet long reviews!

I'll be honest with you guys. this car was such a :censored:ng pain in my :censored:ng 🤬 that I just wanted to get it out of my mind and hands before my poor old PS2 would have a short and terrifying pleasure to meet :censored:ng mad Leo who is wielding a :censored:ng huge axe. That's why there are typos and errors and whatnot. :grumpy: I'll fix them now. :ouch:
Watch your mouth Leo!:D
Yeah, it's hard to be a tuner.

I'd have to go with the Audi over the Dodge for your recent tunes...after all, it produces close on 1000bhp! :drool:

Audi might be calmer to drive due the 4WD, but if you stop paying attention into what you do, you will lose your chances to stay on the track as well..

I've just returned from quite a furious trip to the famed Nürburgring. The latest addition to the selection is being put through its paces on the most challenging courses there are and this far the progress is looking good, the clock stopped at 6'08 and change after a lap that was far from perfect.

I've just returned from quite a furious trip to the famed Nürburgring. The latest addition to the selection is being put through its paces on the most challenging courses there are and this far the progress is looking good, the clock stopped at 6'08 and change after a lap that was far from perfect.

Congratulations on that, Greycap :cheers: Oh and are you going to continue with so powerful cars? 💡

Dodge Viper ACR GT '00

I didn't have to drive this car for long to realise that it was going to be one hell of a ride. With over 900 brake horsepower, all to the rear wheels, even completely slick racing tires will spin in 3rd.
Now don't get me wrong, this is great fun, but for driveability, I wasn't so sure. Maybe the tuning firm has gone a bit over the top with this one.

To try and rein in the power, they've changed the suspension, fiddled with the brakes, changed the LSD and stripped out anything that's not important (ie the iPod touch!).
And the result is a mad car that sort-of goes around corners.

On our outings, we pulled 218mph before we hit the rev limiter (not the aerodynamic limit) and ran the quarter mile in around 9.8 seconds.
The new gearing is just perfect, although it's not necessarily built for ultimate top speed. The changes are fast, but more importantly, it is very easy to keep the revs in the power band all the time, no matter how stupid a driver you are.
The LSD sort-of serves its purpose, although I still think that this amount of horsepower just confuses it, so it's still very easy to hang the tail out.
All the roll from the original car has been removed in an attempt to stop excessive sliding, and that hasn't really helped actually. While the car is easy to slide if you step it out, it is still very easy to step it out.

So the verdict: Very fun to drive, and very fast. Very tail happy and very powerful. Even though it's a tricky bugger to do a hot lap, I must say, I like it!

S-Line Audi Fan - Powerful? The real monsters are yet to be seen... :cool:

in.s@ne - Great, another road test for the rapid reptile! The feeling that it doesn't corner all that well is, well, just a feeling. Braking after the stunning acceleration and turning in sure gives the impression of crawling but take a look at the speedometer and you'll see figures that live up to the hype. The LSD was quite a compromise, the power would be enough to spin the wheels no matter if the differential is open, welded, or something in between, so I went for more manoeuvrability as a tail happy car can be controlled but an understeering pig is just a pain. It seems the car delivers a good driving experience though, and seeing that it manages to be fast at the same time probably makes it a success.

Greycap - Oh, I know it's fast, it struggled against a Panoz GTR-1 in the championship I was in, but it was annihilating the rest, and my vision is still all blurry from the speed! As I said, I like it!

Muhahahahahahahahaa :mischievous: My monster is well on it's way as well.. not that I got it's diff dialed in and figured out how to drive it, it's running with the GT-Rs I've tuned earlier.. it's just bit more of a beast under braking, but I'm willing to believe I can sort it out.. left foot braking and keeping the revs up are the key to driving this car. But make no mistake, this will make Grim R34per look like sedated little baby.. well, atleast in terms of controllability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back