2nd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season Over!)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,414 comments
Cool race! :dopey: I'll get to that in a second

Race order:

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 11pts (Jordan GP)
2nd. Kakundoo - 8pts (Brawn GP)
3rd. Kingmart1n - 6pts (Williams)
4th. Fishfash - 5pts (Team Aguri)
5th. LewyOs - 4pts (Williams)
6th. Sureboss - 3pts (Team Aguri)
7th. Magburner - 2pts (Team Lotus)

Pole position - Shaggy Alonso - 1:27.0xx
Fastest lap - Shaggy Alonso -1:26.6xx

Fantastic race from my perspective. I got pole with my first flying lap, the other two were duds. I got an awesome start and noticed Kakundoo had a horrible one, further improving my chances. However on lap 2 or 3, I cut the chicane at the Variante della Roggia with allowed Kakundoo to drive through my ghost car at the first Lesmo, after he had done very well to recover from his start and make it past LewyOs and Sureboss I believe. I overtook him at turn 1 on the following lap, taking the inside line but we hit each other with punch and counter punch in a slipstream battle, he overtook me two or three times on the main straight and once got past me at turn 3 but nudged me on the way past and relinquished his position. I got past him once into Ascari and once into Parabolica which was the decisive move, as after that I built enough of a gap for him to no longer be in my slipstream.

Still managed another 8 second penalty near the end though thankfully it didn't cost me as I got my pitstops all sweet and kept enough of a gap to Kak. I eased off slightly after that, trying to make sure I didn't get any further penalties but pushed once again on the final lap and managed to beat the fastest lap by a tenth.

Gyles would probably have won this had he used the wheel and not the controller, so he did pretty well considering how unused he was to it. Compliments to Kak, we raced fair but hard! Definitely the best racing i've ever had, nice to come up against someone who doesn't just spin off and is actually consistent and keeps you wondering if you'll ever come out on top. Fantastic race!

Note of interest, I was home alone during that, but I stupidly left the house key in the door and locked it so when my folks arrived they were locked out with about 8 laps to go! I made them stand on the front door step for about 15 minutes until the race was finished, LOL. That's dedication for you :grumpy:

Last edited:
Note of interest, I was home alone during that, but I stupidly left the house key in the door and locked it so my folks were locked out with about 8 laps to go! I made them stand on the front door step for about 15 minutes until the race was finished, LOL. That's dedication for you :grumpy:

I imagine a interesting discussion took place afterwards :lol:

I caught up with him and for about 5 laps the lead kept switching because of the slip streaming down the straights, I must compliment Shaggy on his safe driving and apologise for that little shunt I gave him in the second chicane which caused him to go off on to the grass. Although those two knocks you gave me on turn 1 on consecutive laps weren't nice either :P lol.
:D

Hahaha, full contact, Arnoux style. I just wanted to guard the exit of the first chicane both times, though noticed that you seemed to lose out time wise the second time, I couldn't even see your car on either occasion and certainly was trying to avoid contact, but that first chicane is that tight that contact is inevitable when both cars enter it at the same time. I think on the higher speed sections we were both very careful about it.

Congrats to Shaggy. :)

First time ever for me to race at Monza in Heavy Rain and I was fully expecting to finish a lap down, with the added bonus of using a controller, which I last used sometime in Jan 2008. :crazy:

Only got 1 lap in qualy and that was my first lap, the last 2 laps I must have made around 10 corner cuts !!!!

At the start I let everyone pass me and made sure I entered turn 1 last so as not to cause any accidents. After that I only made 1 mistake the entire race and that was after the first round of pitstops.

Monza is such a boring track though.

Sorry Sure, I thought the AI was meant to be on medium...if people are getting annoyed at this, then maybe it should be made more clear what the settings are to be before I host the race.

I think it should just be on easy for all wet races and medium for all dry, simple as. I was a bit alarmed by the AI qualy times as well, thought it may even have been set to hard at first. They do effect drivers further down the grid with all the spray and slipstreaming. Simple mistake though. Well, good luck to all at Shanghai. There is a small chance I could be in attendance if they let me go home early next sunday, but it's not likely. If I do get out it'll probably only be for a late join, but this more than likely won't happen anyway.

Well I am more than happy with the result and the racing was the best it had been for me all season :D. Although it leaves me wondering what would have happened had I practiced on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as well....but no regrets from me and once again congratulations on your win Shaggy.
I'm looking forward to try and score some decent points at Shanghai and maybe if I can pull out a win then it will really come down to the last two races.

Also, could we have a quicker decision about the weather for Shanghai please, as I am going to really put some practice into this race because it's the best chance I have at catching Shaggy in the Championship.

I would also like to add that I am really exited about this Championship, nothing I have ever been in has come this close or been this fun. The last three races are going to be tense but hopefully with some clean driving, we can have a great race like we did here in Monza.
Good luck with the rest of the Championship Shaggy and may the best man win. (I think it will come down to who makes the most mistakes and who is more focused in the end)

I will never understand you guys. How can you find running this place in turtles pace in the rain more fun then at full speed in the dry? I can't get the tire temps up and I'm just too slow. How am I supposed to agreesively attack this course if I can't get the tire temps up? At a track like Austrailia, I can see that as there is more corners to build up the heat, but at a place like Monza, where it is for the most part full speed? Unless your some racing god, you can't do anything but tip toe and I hate it not being able to go as agreesively as I want:indiff:

I guess some of us are just 'Racing Gods' then lol. The only tyre that I have trouble warming up is my front right tyre, but since most of the track consists of right hand turns, then it doesn't make too much of a difference and although I can see your point of view about going really hard, i think some tracks, like Monza need rain as it livens it up a bit.
Whereas technical tracks like Istanbul, Hungary, Shanghai and Monaco just make the track difficult to race on and it is these tracks that show if a racer is committed to doing well, but it also adds the difficulty that the people who just race for fun will despise.

By the way Fishfash, what is a good time around Shanghai would you say? And will you be attending the next race?

I think the variations of the weather are great, just think what the real F1 guys go through . It adds excitement, if not for the rain MONZA would be a pretty boring track , yes its a fast track but very easy in the dry .

By the way Fishfash, what is a good time around Shanghai would you say? And will you be attending the next race?

High 1:30's to low 1:31's are good times. 👍 I think you should aim for low 1:32's for race pace.

I may join with the pad again, but will be around 3 seconds slower per lap.

High 1:30's to low 1:31's are good times. 👍 I think you should aim for low 1:32's for race pace.

I may join with the pad again, but will be around 3 seconds slower per lap.

I only did a few laps round there with the wheel but I was getting 1:34's:ouch:

I think my best time in Shanghai is about the 1:34s as well, but I have gotten better since then, so who knows.
And Fishfash i think you should use the pad more often, it takes away your unbeatableness lol and will give you more of a challenge in the next few races rather than winning easily, really test your skills.

You will improve though, Shanghai is a racers circuit, one of the best tracks in the game along with Suzuka.

But I won't be there next week, don't think I could be arsed trying to learn it. Most definitely my bogey track along wth Interlagos, now that i've cracked Malaysia and Turkey

Wow, what a race.

It's pouring down here in middle TN, and we have the windows open. I've got surround sound but it's incredible to be playing an F1 game where it's pouring down rain and outside the wind is blowing and it's dropping Malaysian buckets lol.

Anyway, on to the race. I screwed up during quali, it started and I was waiting for a light bar to tell me when to go. I ended up waisting 20 seconds. Got a decent first lap, and the second lap I was flying... until I spun in sector 3 :(. So I started 5th... I think.

On to the race I went into turn 1 expecting a boot in the rear, didn't get one :D and captured 3rd. Hemi (who was taken out in turn 1) came up behind me and I waited a couple of laps for him to be near me at a junction that I could pull over and let him by. It finally happened outside the last turn and away he went to catch Mofo. Duck wasn't to far behind him and I tried to hold him off, but he was to quick and when he got beside me I backed off and let him have the position. From there I was just trying not to screw up. I had two good pitstops as usual, and finished the race in 5th.

For me, I ran into the back of ranhammerR34 by accident coming off of the first chicane at the start and lost my front wings. It got worse for me when my left rears got onto the grass coming out of Lesmo 1 and I got a free nose job for my car as a result.:dunce: I couldn't do much to make ground up on the field the rest of the way, so I thought keeping the car under the control was the only thing to do.

I'm surprised that RACECAR won the race. Gathering from what he was saying to me on AIM before the race, I thought he wasn't very confident about the race. I imagine he's feeling much better right now. :)

For me it was a good race for once! Other than me and Chris colliding at the start of the race, (I slowed down way too much I think!:dunce:) I didn't get any penalties, stayed on track for the most part, and had a best career finish of 6th! :D :sly: Not bad for a guy who pretty much sucks at this game! ;) --- Randy

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fast Lap 1:27.885 - ZERODUCK

Well, it was not a good start as CAMikaze and I had an unplanned meeting in turn one lap one in which he knocked me spinning as I probably slowed too soon not wanting to take out RACECAR. :indiff: I spun across and back out onto the track just after turn two with the rest of the pack coming strong :scared: I don't know if I caused anybody else problems as when I re spawned I was last on the board :ouch: I quickly got by CAMikaze as he was re spawning (he apologized after the race when we were back in the paddock) Somebody shot through the chicane and I got by them as they were penalized and I got by ZERODUCK as it look like he went off in the Lesmos, must have not been enough water on the track for him :lol: Caught ranhammer and he was kind enough to let me by with out a fight :) Caught up with my teammate thirteendog and followed him for a few laps. He was running very well and I didn't want to take both of us out so I waited till he made a slip and he slowed to let me by 👍 That put me up to P3 where I stayed till the second pit stop. Even though I was catching the leaders on lap time I kept making small mistakes that deterred my advancement :banghead: Mofongo went to the pits a lap before me and I pushed hard on my in lap, punched out a 7.1 stop and came out in front of him where I stayed to finish in P2 9.2 seconds back of RACECAR :D I held fast lap for 2/3's of the race with a 1:28.085 till ZERODUCK blew that out of the water :grumpy: pun intended :sly:

DSCN0490.JPG
DSCN0492.JPG

attachment.php

Overview and Thoughts

A modestly good race mostly(excluding the two penalties. Duck had a much better start then me and I wanted to keep from having my car kknocked off so I gave him the inside and we both came out unscathed. I saw him go off a lap or two later and then Mofongo was gaining on me. I was quick out the pits but made a mistake going into the second chicane and Mofo got the lead. I sat and followed for a while as I couldn't really pass in most of the corners without wrecking him. After it appeared he cut a corner and got penaliosed, which got me into the lead for good. Second stop was abit slower, but this time no mistakes with two laps to go and it was clear sailing. I must thank everyone for the clean start and the ones that were lapped for moving to the side and letting me by. I tryed to give you guys as much room as necessary.

So now its onto Shanghai as we go onboard with Tiago Monteiro:

Attachments

• 100_1564.jpg
    100_1564.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 94
For me it was a good race for once! Other than me and Chris colliding at the start of the race, (I slowed down way too much I think!:dunce:) I didn't get any penalties, stayed on track for the most part, and had a best career finish of 6th! :D :sly: Not bad for a guy who pretty much sucks at this game! ;) --- Randy

I thought the same thing. (err not about you sucking at the game) I thought you had a great race. You were constantly behind me at the same distance and at times I think we were trading laps.

Ranhammer you did well. :D

Well, I got in late, due to a required PS3 update. Once on, I started from near the back, but was able to get up to 8th, before I got disconnected. I was finally able to reconnect, but was in dead last, with no chance of catching up to the bots. So I just quit. :indiff:

I'm looking forward the next one.👍

If I've done my math correctly, this is how the standings should go:

Team Points

Super Aguri - 134

Lofus - 132

Williams - 130

Drivers points

RACECAR - 110

FastDuck - 101

I think it's worth noting a well done to the PAL race for an absolute absence of collisions (barring Shaggy and Kak's little touches when fighting for position). T1 was good, I made sure to give myself plenty of time up the inside, with Kak's poor start, I could have been way too hot into there and very aggressive, but I knew my braking point, and we got around nice and safely.

On to China, again, not raced here on F1:CE.

Yes, I've raced in China before but with manual I expect it to be a challenge. I reckon there will be many places to make up time here and hopefully I can find a lot of them lol.

Well, I got in late, due to a required PS3 update. Once on, I started from near the back, but was able to get up to 8th, before I got disconnected. I was finally able to reconnect, but was in dead last, with no chance of catching up to the bots. So I just quit. :indiff:

I'm looking forward the next one.👍

I would never have abandoned at Monza. You can catch up the leaders fairly quickly taking advantage of the massive draft created by the AIs. If you can have consistent laps with no penalties, I'm sure you would have finished fighting for a descent position.

Looks like I will be missing this Sunday's race, have to work with it being the easter weekend.

Not sure how everyone else is, but I am sure a lot of people have stuff going on this sunday for Easter? I know I do.

Back