850 cars? What a joke.

[...]

On a slightly different note, only one of those is actually a GT fabrication; the Vauxhall Astra Super Tourer. The other three actually existed. Anyway moving on...

[...]

The Vauxhall Touring Cars in GT existed? Uhm, maybe they stuck a Vauxhall badge on for the Donington race (remember the Calibra racing there). Doesn't make it a different car, of course.

Yeah that is what I meant. Nothing spectacular like they actually built them as Vauxhalls haha. They changed the stickers on the side to Vauxhall too when they came over. And yet when they were here a few years back with the Vectras they didn't bother.

This game does NOT have 850 cars. Technically, yes, but PD has done a more extreme version of what they've always done. We all know they have 5 versions of each Skyline and all of that, but this is taking it too far.
Screenshot1
Screenshot2
See those two blue Lexus SC 430s in the top shot? And the 3 silver Hyundai coupes in the second? They're identical! They're from different continents, one of the SC 430s is US, one is EUR, and the Hyundais are from US, EUR and Japan. But they have the same power and torque at the same revs, the same engine capacities and dimensions...
Until now, as far as I know the Skylines and all that have actually been different versions with improvements and all that. These cars are literally identical. They were probably sold with different specifications, speakers and trim and all that, but that's all. It's a bit ridiculous. And it gets worse. You can buy two versions of the Ford GT, one with stripe, one without. They're identical. That's a paint job option! One of the biggest rip-offs is Acura. Both Honda and Acura have many different versions of the same NSX, and the S2000 as well. Being called an Acura doesn't make it a different car! An odd quirk is that the Acura NSXs are different. They have more power, and I think they have a black roof where the Honda cars don't. These differences don't exist in real life. Another of the worst offenders is Renault Sport. The company has 6 vehicles...except that 3 of them are Clio variants (Clio, Clio V6 and Clio Cup), and the other three are identical, except they're Japanese and they're called Luctecias.
This is atrocious. Until now the cars have been different, this really is just PD trying to raise the number of cars in the game. As if the game doesn't rip you off in a hundred other ways as well :\

Just read this and just had to add; Since being a public forum and all lol, Always figured the GT series a way to pick up a car you were wondering about, owned, etc.. and just drive it and enjoy it on a bunch of different tracks? Thats what i did back when I had gt1 lol!

It didnt really bug me about the different types of Skylines and NSX's, etc.. I'm happy that they added the little "descriptions" back so I can read up and learn why the hell they had different versions of each car.

Plus its cool when I talk to someone on the other side of the world and they tell me about a 200sx they drove, and I tell them about my friend who has a 240sx (for example). On the surface they may appear similar/identical/whatever but theres some little things that would really distinguish it (even if its trim/speakers/etc, this is a "real" driving simulator).

Then again, it is just a game. And I like having my various "same" models of the same car. Even tho some have t-tops, hard to find color options, nicer wheels, different lips, rear wings/valance, etc.. Still have fun no matter the car haha!

That's pretty much how I feel, Scythe. I drive an '01 S2000 (USDM) in real life, so of course I bought the '01 S2000 in Spa Yellow when it showed up in the Honda dealership... then after several days had passed, Honda showed up again and I saw the '01 S2000 again, but this time it was the USDM model, not the JDM model I'd bought before... I had no idea they included both models, despite the only real difference being RHD vs. LHD. I quickly bought the USDM model as well, same color, because even though I already had it, I wanted the one that was genuinely mine.

It doesn't bother me at all that there are so many variations of cars in GT that are basically the same, because in cases like this, it can be pleasantly surprising. 👍

Edit:
Speaking of my real car, I'm doing a V8 swap, and you can check it out here if you're interested.
Just pictures for now, but I'll eventually update with a full build journal when the project is complete.
Hinson Supercars are spearheading the project. We're going with a single-turbo LS2, T56, and the rear end out of an '04 Cobra. Initial power goal is 650-750 rwhp.
I've got Spoon's Mooncraft hardtop with Bulletproof Automotive's window mod sitting in my garage to top it all off. 👍

Last edited:
It's more what Turn10 did to Aston... As I say, I'd heard this rumoured quite some time ago.

@ Famine: Did T10 get an exclusive license to Aston Martin? If so, does that mean AM won't be appearing in GT5 as well? :nervous:

To be honest as much as I love Aston Martins the only AM's that were track worthy were the DBS and V8 and V12 Vantage.... All others were not up to comparable cars.

I keep forgetting to include the cars you couldn't race online with in GT4, because every time I've played GT4 in the last 2 years has been LAN mode :D

And that lends further credence to the theory that it's designed with online racing in mind. After all, what's missing from the GT4 lists?
Well snowgt already said it, but I realized today...No Holdens. Why does FPV stay while Holden doesn't?

Why is the Honda Dualnote in the game...as well as the equivalent Acura? It's a concept! They only built one!

The DualNote was in some versions of GT4, the Acura DN-X in others. The same thing applies...

Odd at some of the exclusions though.

Well snowgt already said it, but I realized today...No Holdens. Why does FPV stay while Holden doesn't?
I noticed the Holden logo in a video of someone playing the GamesCom version, so I wonder why it has been left out of the retail version.

One more remark: I think noone has anything against having the same car just labelled differently several times. It doesn't bother anyone really.

But, pretty please, if you start counting them as separate models, that's just flat out lying. Especially, if you have over 700 really different cars, there's no need for that.

Its not lying snowgt. If they said over 800 unique models that would be lying. Each car has an identifying number, they add them up and get the car total. GT2 and GT4 had more cars than what they advertise. They always give a rough figure. There is no reason to not include them.

Back