Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, - that makes it easier to understand that it is the individual driving style which makes the difference.
But just to make sure: By "Controls" you mean the Hand control or wheel - right? Or do you mean the adjustment of the controls (sensitivity etc.)
I assume you do have a wheel – but your statement makes me believe you drove the cars in PS3 with the Hand control, right?
I would believe by using a wheel (G27 etc) instead of a Hand control would equalize the difference between PS3 and 360???
If you answer “No” – I guess I’m screwed with the PS3 and G27!
Thank you

P.S – Thank you for your input – I appreciate it – even so it takes me hours to apply and adjust to your suggestions.

Well, I'm still here to help you guys as much as I possibly can...that won't stop. I just can't get to any tunes or the likes thereof, but the very short time I had with Shift and the G25 (before it's unfortunate fate) the steering was loose, but it could have been fixed without a doubt.

I wouldn't recommend playing Shift with a PS3 controller even if your life depended on it.

i've done pretty well with shift and the ps3 controller. I've matched your london river times with almost all of my vehicles in your settings. twitchy is what i'd call the back end for most rwd cars but manageable. That is unless it's works viper or works vette. They are almost uncontrollable. I had some time with the vette last night, hooked up with it a little bit but curbs will upset it. Same with the porsche, if you apply throttle on the curbs it will more than likely spin. But if you apply throttle before the curbs and drive on it it should be ok. As long as you don't steer too much then it's another spin out. Thing is coming out of the corners with the vette and viper are a real hassle since they have so much power. I'm going to try it again today though, see if i can't make them a little bit more manageable.

was wonderring about a tune of the carrera gt? anyone have any tunes they like? i use the controller- PS3

👍👍👍👍
All I have to say is this setup for the F1 makes for one solid preforming Car

McLaren F1 Silverstone Edition

Car Rating:

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 32.75
Brake Balance - 56.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 17.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.20
R. Toe Angle - 0.30
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -1.40
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 90.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 342.62
R. Spring Rate - 399.73
F. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,100.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,500.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,600.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,200.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 35.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 45.00

Gearing

Final - 5.67
1st - 2.95
2nd - 1.97
3rd - 1.55
4th - 1.27
5th - 1.09
6th - 0.92

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 3.00
R. Downforce - 5.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Thank you.

I'm still working on the guide to get you guys some better results in my absence. :D

Hi T12, Your tuning thread is a really good idea and your tunes are the best the Gallardo tune makes it perfect to drive.
Top work.👍

I think I'll be able to go full-swing again tomorrow (actually, after the weekend as there's an update due for the tuning guide) as I'm picking up another 360.

If something treacherous doesn't occur in the meantime. :ill:

EDIT: How rude of me: @thefast1 - thank you. 👍

Last edited:
Hey T12, I might be doing something wrong here, but your Aston DB9 settings aren't possible. The values given aren't an option in the value slider.

However I tried your tune for the Gallardo and it was great. Carrera GT?

so i guess we ps3 owners with shift are pretty much screwed with the tuning issue? You say you have it for 360 but the PS3 version is uncontrollable? I use the controller which is extra sensitive but i just use different settings. Maybe you guys out there with a PS3 like me should try to lower the steering lock and increase the caster angle. It makes it a little more difficult with tighter tracks but with the sliding of most of the cars a turn in on braking usually does the trick. What it does for me is deaden most of the twitchy handling characteristics. It hardly works for the Corvette and Viper though. I guess too much HP at the rear wheels. If anyone doesn't have the problem with this let me know!

so i guess we ps3 owners with shift are pretty much screwed with the tuning issue? You say you have it for 360 but the PS3 version is uncontrollable? I use the controller which is extra sensitive but i just use different settings. Maybe you guys out there with a PS3 like me should try to lower the steering lock and increase the caster angle. It makes it a little more difficult with tighter tracks but with the sliding of most of the cars a turn in on braking usually does the trick. What it does for me is deaden most of the twitchy handling characteristics. It hardly works for the Corvette and Viper though. I guess too much HP at the rear wheels. If anyone doesn't have the problem with this let me know!

Trying to hi-jack my thread, huh? :P

Actually, I've never once said that the environments are different. What I did say is that the PS3 has a fairly haphazard controller layout, as the accelerator and brake pedals are mapped to the bumper paddles knowing damn well there isn't enough wrist movement to even warrant comfort. So, to that degree that's a personal gripe; one that's pushed me away from playing the PS3 version. That's the only notable difference worth even mentioning.

As for your suggestion of increasing the caster angle, I would strongly advise against substituting that to maintain "stability" as you're essentially just cheating yourself out of outright performance. It can act as camber (dynamic camber, if you will) but using too much you'd risk running the chance of plowing through corners, or just snapping out of control as your vehicle doesn't know which direction it wants to go in.

Hey T12, I might be doing something wrong here, but your Aston DB9 settings aren't possible. The values given aren't an option in the value slider.

I'll check that out for you as soon as I finish playing Capcom vs. SNK 2....

💡

Terr- it's not that bad actually. What's bad is the A.I. in that damn game. I can pass anyone but when the computer rams against you it's stupidity. The physics in this game are totally unrealistic in the first place. So to say that I'd lose control is kind of too late. I have no trouble counter steering or staying off rumble strips while accelerating full throttle, the trouble, is the computer likes to cheat you and if one tire touches grass or gravel at any speed you'll more than likely spin if turning. That's totally bogus. The controller set up might be a bit of a hassle but i just stick with the automatic transmission to not worry so much about finding the buttons to downshift. The thing is the paddle is so sensitive. That's why i increase the caster. I don't turn it all the way up, but higher than your settings. Also the steering lock has to go down because of how sensitive the left paddle stick that steers it is. I don't like it but it's the easiest way to counter the over sensitive ps3 controls. I'm not sure if that's the problem you are talking about but that's the problem I faced. Another thing is the tires don't ever want to stick. Even with your settings most of the cars like to slide around in the corner. No matter what the throttle input is, I've experienced that problem over and over. It occurs a little bit with the settings I use but not as much. Overall it's the damn game and it's lame physics and unrealistic programming that like to ram you no matter what position you're in. The computer gangs up on you no matter what happens to them. They'll run you off track and slam you into walls taking themselves out with you. That's what I call poor programming. Anyone else experience the same thing? Or do I just have a 'bad copy'?

Terr- it's not that bad actually. What's bad is the A.I. in that damn game. I can pass anyone but when the computer rams against you it's stupidity. The physics in this game are totally unrealistic in the first place. So to say that I'd lose control is kind of too late. I have no trouble counter steering or staying off rumble strips while accelerating full throttle, the trouble, is the computer likes to cheat you and if one tire touches grass or gravel at any speed you'll more than likely spin if turning. That's totally bogus. The controller set up might be a bit of a hassle but i just stick with the automatic transmission to not worry so much about finding the buttons to downshift. The thing is the paddle is so sensitive. That's why i increase the caster. I don't turn it all the way up, but higher than your settings. Also the steering lock has to go down because of how sensitive the left paddle stick that steers it is. I don't like it but it's the easiest way to counter the over sensitive ps3 controls. I'm not sure if that's the problem you are talking about but that's the problem I faced. Another thing is the tires don't ever want to stick. Even with your settings most of the cars like to slide around in the corner. No matter what the throttle input is, I've experienced that problem over and over. It occurs a little bit with the settings I use but not as much. Overall it's the damn game and it's lame physics and unrealistic programming that like to ram you no matter what position you're in. The computer gangs up on you no matter what happens to them. They'll run you off track and slam you into walls taking themselves out with you. That's what I call poor programming. Anyone else experience the same thing? Or do I just have a 'bad copy'?

I played Shift on the pad for several months and had very similar problems, twitchy cars, psycho AI and so on. After getting my G25 I started again and it's a different game completely - so much more fun, and because I'm not hitting the AI all the time, they hit me back far less. I'm sorry but I think Shift just isn't designed to play on a pad, not in pro mode with all assists off anyway

I played Shift on the pad for several months and had very similar problems, twitchy cars, psycho AI and so on. After getting my G25 I started again and it's a different game completely - so much more fun, and because I'm not hitting the AI all the time, they hit me back far less. I'm sorry but I think Shift just isn't designed to play on a pad, not in pro mode with all assists off anyway

You're absolutely right DGiant. I started out playing Shift on the G25 and wondering why there were always so many complaints from Pad users. Not long ago I tried to use the controller and was amazed how different the game felt.
With well tuned cars and using a wheel and pedals Shift is a lot of fun. While not a "Sim" it's not as "Arcadey" as some people claim.

Can you share your settings for the G25 ?

Iwe tryed all sort of settings, but i cant seem to get rid of all the weaverring, my car feels like its all over the road, wich takes away a lot of the pleasure from the game.

Hey man thanks for the reply.

Unfortunetly i already tryed those, but it seems to me no matter what i do, my car will still weave from side to side even at moderate speeds.

I own a normal golf 1,8 in RL. ( nothing special i know) Its not all over the road when im going like 120-130 Km/h.

But if i take the golf GTI in NFS shift it will be all over the place. even before going 120 km/h

i

I just checked, and every single setting checks out. You sure you're using the Advanced Tuning screen?

I run similar set up to a DB9 in this thread and pull 1.21's on Silverstone international.
On the Silverstone international subject I've been working on a BMW M3 E92 14.0 car can someone be so good as to tell me what it does the track in as forgot? please PM me results so not to spam this thread. Thanks

Last edited:
Porsche Carrera GT - Like no other.

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.19
R. Tire Pressure - 32.90
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 25.00
Caster Angle - 3.75
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - -0.30
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.70
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 90.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 342.62
R. Sway bar - 142.76
F. Spring Rate - 466.34
R. Spring Rate - 485.38
F. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,100.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,200.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,800.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,500.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,600.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 75.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 40.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 30.00

Gearing

Final - 5.59
1st - 3.11
2nd - 1.89
3rd - 1.39
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.69

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 5.00
R. Downforce - 6.00

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised

Last edited:
You're right, it must've been a glitch then. Settings are right.

Thanks for the Carrera GT settings, I'm gonna drive it around a bit and post some feedback later. Thanks for the help.

You're right, it must've been a glitch then. Settings are right.

Thanks for the Carrera GT settings, I'm gonna drive it around a bit and post some feedback later. Thanks for the help.

Not a problem. :D:tup:

Quick initial impressions...

Braking is spectacular. I can easily brake late in all corners. Turn-in is smooth, although it seems even the slightest throttle input overpowers the rear wheels. Gearing is long for the curvy tracks, but not long enough to be a problem in faster tracks. Corner exit is smooth and fast too.

Overall a beastly tune.

Hey man thanks for the reply.

Unfortunetly i already tryed those, but it seems to me no matter what i do, my car will still weave from side to side even at moderate speeds.

I own a normal golf 1,8 in RL. ( nothing special i know) Its not all over the road when im going like 120-130 Km/h.

But if i take the golf GTI in NFS shift it will be all over the place. even before going 120 km/h

i

To me it sounds like you might be a little rough on the controls - those FWD VWs are very gentle push/washout friendly cars. One thing that can a little confusing is that when your in-game driver turns the wheel til it stops, that end position is effectively 2-3 complete turns of steering rotation on a street car rack (25-30 deg). That's a lot of lock, and if you pull that at speed, especially with the weight on the wrong set of wheels, that's not going to help you out much.

If you ever get the PC version, this is helped somewhat by a mod where you can see the actual wheel rotation your inputs are producing.

I know they might as well have labelled them "mincing queen" "cream puff" and "ru-paul", but it might be worth having a few laps around on normal/casual mode with the steering/braking assists on, just to get an idea of where Shift considers the boundary between scrubbing speed and full on sliding actually is. Those modes are designed to keep a pad user well within the grip limit and keep them on the road, and by looking at the cornering speeds and wheel rotation it uses in those modes you might find it a lot easier to do it yourself on pro.

Porsche Carrera GT *Feedback Required*

This car is like nightmare to me. I'll promise to shut the ehkm up :) and give a try for those setups on Nordschleife. Out of Tier 4 cars this is only one that I've never really pushed to the edge.

Hello
there is one setting within the posts you already received which worked out pretty good for me.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120537
The problem is the speed steering sensitivity. Once you "try to" switch off all aids - you thing your car is too loose. Maybe that is a wheel issue only. I did not try this on a pad. Use the MX5 on high speeds - same problem.
Try the settings on the link - and you see what it does. I thought it will be it and I was happy with it until: Try to use the setting on slow speed curve tracks! Your steering response is just messed up for low speed curves. I worked on it for a few wasted days until I gave up on it!
I figured to enjoy the game and disregard the 0.5 secs less per lap (on Alpenthal) I keep all aids switched off except the steering aid (low).
I use the setting of the link above with the exception that the speed steering is on "0", Wheel Lock back on 360, and steering aid on low. With steering aid "off" use the setting of the link above.

After some more testing, I got a 1.20.8xx lap at London.

The back end is really sensitive in 2nd gear, but holding a 3rd-2nd motion will help maintain some degree of control.
In other tracks, the back end is much more easily controlled with some countersteer. As I said before, braking late is not a problem. 4th gear was a bit too tall so I changed it and that's all I did. This car is great, thanks a lot for the tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back