GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
My son so graciously left me his PSP to use this week, so I'll be a bit more active than I have been over the past two challenges (though this is still a very busy week for me).

I ran the cars for about 40 minutes last night and got a 1'58.7xx (stock) and a 1'39.6xx (race).

Even though I failed last week by spending too much time on the stock car and not enough on the race version... I have decided that my only hope of moving up a place is in the stock car challenge - so that's where I'll (again) focus most of my efforts.

I should also mention that both of these cars are fun to drive - especially the S800 race car!

My son so graciously left me his PSP to use this week, so I'll be a bit more active than I have been over the past two challenges (though this is still a very busy week for me).
[...]

Good to know that !!! Good luck Detroitbb !

This final challenge is very exciting : in the Stock Car Championship you're only 0.573 behind and in the Race Car Championship you're only 0.795 behind !!! Everything is possible, one great lap and you can be ahead !

I'll try my best too ;)...

I won my iRacing race at Laguna Seca, woooo. Ran the fastest in practice, got pole in qualifying, then spun on the corkscrew on lap two and fought my way back to 1st place on the third lap and held onto it from there, pulling out a 43 second lead at the end of the 18 lap race. My teammate took 3rd place, so that's two 1-3s for us in a row. Good times.

see that what you get on the practice on the psp, just imagine what we can get on the wcg in the forza 3, maybe looking ourselves on los angeles

New times run at lunch then tried to be faster for more than an hour last night and nothing ! Am I already maxed out ???

Stock : 1'58.147
Race : 1'39.164

Nice job with the race car Detroitbb !

Last edited:
Just found out the guy hosting our iRacing league has a site up for it. I wish he still had the South Boston race summary up, as I was told it was very entertaining.

http://www.prankenstien.com/race-results.html

Some of the highlights from the Laguna Seca event are there now.

3916413.png

That's me in the black/yellow Solstice running away on the first lap. :D

Nice Glubags 👍 !

I did try again the stock but nothing yet... So ran the Race Car and found out I had the wrong tuning !

Race Car : 1'37.882 :D !!!

I have to try out this tuning on the Stock Car (1'58.147... till now) !

^ You're getting faaaast, Detroit.

It's not so much me... I attribute it more to my son's PSP. Specifically, his silky smooth analog stick - it's so nice to play with.

👎

Have you guys noticed the 'smilies'? They are all the same today! Ha ha ha...

Yeah I was reading up on that in the WRS threads. Jordan's way of an April Fools Joke to the community haha.

hey glubags, what about the next season of the time challenge , is there going to be a next one, because if it is i like to help you picking some cars and tracks in whatever version you wanna do it, (i.e. an prototipe time challenge or a rally time challenge or a supercar time challenge) in whatever idea that are you going im going as well, if there is any.

PS: at the begining of this time challenge i got a lot of work but now i am free for the next one, and congratulations fo your victory on the i racing, see this prof my theory of "champions can be made by gran turismo"

Last edited:
Quite a tight race going on... good job, guys!

My overall is also in the 3'34.xxx range!

:)

Nice job Detroitbb !!!

I don't have new times because it looks like I can't be faster AND clean ! I spent more than two hours with this combo and nothing good came up... So frustrating !!!

So I ran a little bit in DriftTime challenge...
BTW, I think having two tires on the grass and two on the rumble/ripple strips isn't clean is strict but I love it ! It is more challenging and... just better !
(however, it does make a difference -not huge though- when it is considered clean, I saw that in DriftTime's challenge...)

Good luck guys !

I ran laps for well over an hour last night, and while I got close to my ghost a few times, I never could improve enough to beat my personal best. I think this is a good sign that 'my wall' is pretty close.

I am keeping on hitting mine ! :lol: ! Still the same : faster but not clean... The ones I posted above might be my submission ones cause I'm tired of it... I decided to make another list (Did I become a list addict too ???)

Last edited:
my submission for this ultimate challenge :

Stock car : 1'56.009

Race car : 1'37.421

Overall : 3'33.430

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BE10C713202.rar
    53.7 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BE10C713204.rar
    54 KB · Views: 6
That's it for me... Wasn't able to faster and clean and I won't have more time to give to this challenge so...

Detroitbb, you have a chance to finish second of the Stock Car Championship ! Good luck !

Race Car : 1'37.882
Stock Car : 1'56.656
Overall : 3'34.538

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BE10C713201.rar
    54.7 KB · Views: 7
  • UCES01245RPLY-BE10C713200.rar
    54.9 KB · Views: 6
Detroitbb, you have a chance to finish second of the Stock Car Championship!

I couldn't do it... If I ran a perfect lap (and that would require a huge investment of time, patience and a ton of luck), I could shave 2 tenths off the stock car's time and maybe another 2 tenths off the race car's time. These times will have to do!

Stock: 1'56.402

56402.jpg

Race: 1'37.564

37564.jpg

Overall: 3'33.966

👍

Back